ANA All Nippon Airways

ANA All Nippon Airways customer review

NRT-HNL in Economy B777. Fast check-in efficient friendly cabin attendants delicious meals wide variety of entertainment frequent water and green tea offerings spotless lavatories.

ANA All Nippon Airways customer review

We paid about $2400 each for a nonstop Premium Economy ticket from IAD to NRT because the thought of cramped quarters in Economy for 14 hours to NRT and 12 hours back to IAD put us off. While I cannot complain about the quality and comfort of the seats - we had footrests seat width was spacious decent amount of pitch nice armrests so both you and the person next to you both had plenty of elbow room - the service was not that great. On the way to Narita we were served shortly after being airborne but it was 9.5 hours before we were offered any sort of food again. Sure the flight attendants would come by offering green tea or coffee but not even a lousy bag of pretzels? The same thing happened on the way back - fortunately we brought snacks with us so we were more prepared but it was still uncomfortable. If I'm paying twice the price of the economy ticket (which Premium was in this case) you would think we would have received at least a few more snacks than Economy. It was an uncomfortable experience. I doubt if we would fly ANA again because of it.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

(Japan)

NRT-SFO-NRT Business class on B777-300. Lounge in Narita excellent. Onboard service is a little lacking. No pre-take off drinks served on ANA unlike other business class offerings elsewhere. When leveled out still no drinks were offered just a complimentary 'Kool-Aid' type of plum drink given out. Had to wait until the dinner ordering to get a beer. Food was great however the breakfast offering into SFO was poor for business class - a couple of muffins and poor tasting coffee. Food on the return and all-daylight flight was much better. Seat great but being tall not as comfortable as Asiana's flat beds. Also the bulkhead in business class found me touching with my feet whilst trying to sleep - annoying. Didn't bother sleeping on the return flight. Given the Business Class fare was a good deal the service wasn't bad but sure wasn't anything to get excited about. ANA need to lift their game in my opinion. In my answer 3 below its a recommendation in regards to competing airlines on the route not against other airlines. ANA are the best of a fairly average lot to the USA from Japan.

ANA All Nippon Airways customer review

IAD-NRT-IAD. The food was excellent (kaiseki course) and FAs were quick on snack requests at any time during the flight. The sake was good! The seat was comfortable and I had no problems. The business lounge in IAD could have more refreshments but still better than US airline lounges. In fact ANA has one of the best customer service which North American airlines can never hope to match.

(Japan)

Haneda-Hong Kong-Haneda. Fast talking agents resulted in penalties which were more than the price of the economy class ticket even though I spent 4 times that to upgrade the tickets to business class using cash not miles. ANA C-class seats and AVOD are getting dated - pitch is much poorer than UA Cathay or Asiana. Cabin service was technically perfect but lacking sincerity. AVOD was spotty partner's AVOD did not work on the return flight. Indifferent attitude from the FAs. For the price paid almost any other airline is better in my own opinion even if you have to transfer in Incheon. On the positive side ground crew check- in gate staff were excellent. Unfortunately the reservations team and the FAs need to return to what made ANA a star in the alliance.

ANA All Nippon Airways customer review

Flight in Business Class from BKK-NRT-ORD. Sleeper seats uncomfortable difficult to sleep because of sliding down seat constantly. Food selection satisfactory but nothing to be excited about. No breakfast before landing on both flights. Aircraft B777-200 was very clean and service was friendly and efficient.

ANA All Nippon Airways customer review

Haneda-Tottori-Haneda. Superb although large airport. Spotless aircraft and immaculate service by way of friendly English speaking FA.

ANA All Nippon Airways customer review

NRT-JFK on a spotless modern B777. All around 10/10. Crew were friendly more than willing to accommodate. Food was above average constant attention from FAs with drink service. AVOD helped pass the time quite well with a lot of selections. Certainly loads better than the United flight I took going to Japan. Would definitely use ANA again for any travel to/from Japan.

ANA All Nippon Airways customer review

LHR to NRT : I was impressed the service was similar standards to SIA. Attentive friendly and with the important small touches like hot towels. Dinner one of the best economy meals I have had in a long time - I was not in a mood to drink alcohol so canot comment on the choice or quality. I slept for most of the flight and the IFE (although a decent system) choice of films was rather limited.

ANA All Nippon Airways customer review

I'm quite pleased that ANA is part of the Star Alliance. I've never had anything but superb service from each and every ANA employee. They've even gone so far as to grab my bag and run with me in the airport in order to ensure that my overly-tight connection (due to weather) didn't leave stranded (NRT to NGS in May 2009). The ANA reps will work with you if your Japanese isn't up to par and I've never had a single problem with flying them over the past 10 years.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy