ANA All Nippon Airways

"Perfectly clean aircraft"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Haneda to Osaka. Haneda domestic terminal is very busy as ANA has been increasing traffic. Luggage drop-off is now automatic and that makes things easier. Star Alliance Gold lounge is appalling, no pleasant greeting, no food and pretty full. Efficient boarding as usual. Perfectly clean aircraft. Entertainment on large screen, mainly with advertisements. Late on arrival with no explanation, which is unusual in Japan. Cost was half of Shinkansen (bullet train).
RouteHaneda to Osaka
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"crew genuine and hard working"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Flew ANA from Frankfurt to Haneda. Fantastic flight and really felt the crew were genuine and hard working. There was also a non Japanese Spanish crew member onboard who was fantastic.The toilets were immaculate, inflight meals wonderful and aircraft was spotless. Also throughout the flight, the crew constantly walked through the cabin offering soft drinks and snacks. Top notch service by far.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteFrankfurt to Haneda
Date FlownDecember 2017

"a lower class Economy fare"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Bangkok via Tokyo Narita. I booked my flights through United Airlines and was placed in middle seats by ANA for both flights, despite booking this reservation more than 6 months in advance. I called ANA after my outbound flights to change my seats to aisle seats for my return flights later in January 2018 and was told that since I booked a lower class Economy fare (K class), that my ticket had last priority with ANA and since I had booked through United Airlines, their customers had first priority. Therefore, they were unable to change my seats and I would sit in middle seats. ANA chose to prioritize their existing customer base over a new customer. My flight from LAX was boarded by bus and delayed by more than one hour, making my connection in Tokyo very tight (I had less than 45 minutes to get on board the connecting flight before it took off).
RouteLos Angeles to Bangkok via Tokyo Narita
Date FlownDecember 2017

"smiling and extremely friendly"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | New Chitose (Sapporo) to Kushiro. This wasn’t my first time with ANA and definitely not my last. However, it is my first time flying a 72 seater Bombardier aircraft as it is a very short haul flight. The trip was completely smooth and the cabin crew were smiling and extremely friendly. The seats were very comfortable and the legroom was satisfactory. The boarding was a breeze even though the check took almost forever due to the 26th of November falling on a weekend but we had no problem waiting in line.
AircraftBombardier
RouteNew Chitose (Sapporo) to Kushiro
Date FlownNovember 2017

"extremely polite and helpful"

Trip Verified | First time flying with ANA from Frankfurt to Tokyo. The cabin crew were extremely polite and helpful. Both, breakfast and dinner were very good. There was just one option left for dinner and the stewardess apologized for the inconvenience. Only thing I didnt quite like was the selection of films, which I found to be a little bit small but it was enough for the flight and there are many TV shows aswell.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER (B77W)
RouteFrankfurt to Tokyo
Date FlownNovember 2017

"FAs were polite and helpful"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Tokyo Narita. Flight was smooth with boarding, take off and landing on time. FAs were polite and helpful. IFE on this flight was easy to navigate, with less movie selection in comparison to some 5-star airlines. Window shade is adjusted electronically, making your flight so much better as it provides with proper sunlight according to your liking. No amenities, other than a blanket and the usual economy class headphone. Meals were standard. Legroom spacious and I got no trouble getting in and out. A really good option if you're flying to Japan cities other than Tokyo as they got a bunch of flights domestically.
RouteJakarta to Tokyo Narita
Date FlownDecember 2017

"could not believe how nice it was"

Trip Verified | Washington to Bangkok via Tokyo Narita. If you can fly on the All Nippon Airlines (ANA) rather than an American carrier, do so. I could not believe how nice it was, even in the cheap seats. There was more room, the stewardess were young and beautiful and the food was great. They actually had real metal utensils. I had two fabulous meals on the DC to Tokyo and another on the Tokyo to Bangkok. One meal had chicken and another had shrimp. They were served with rice, vegetables, fruit, and even ice cream for dessert. I had to take pictures of them to show people back in the US. You can also check two bags for free. ANA makes money providing this service so why can’t the US carriers. On the return trip from Tokyo to Washington DC I started to take a picture of the meager meal on the US carrier and was rudely snapped at by a stewardess that said I could not take pictures on the airplane. It was only food. From now on I will fly ANA whenever possible. I never give out my personal info but felt like I had to this time to let everyone know how nice it is to fly ANA.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 & 787-9
RouteWashington to Bangkok via Tokyo Narita

"Five star service"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to New York via Tokyo and back on economy class. Five star service from cabin crew, carry smiles with them and responded to my requests with positive attitude. Food options was decent, especially on NRT-JFK route, not so on the KUL-NRT route. However, I find the aircraft on the KUL-NRT route (Boeing 787) is better as the seat could be reclined as compared to the fixed-back shell design reclining system on NRT-JFK route (Boeing 777-300ER), where the lower back support and the seat itself were pushed forward when reclining. The noise level is slightly quieter in the Boeing 787 as well making sleep more enjoyable with less distraction. Inflight entertainment was quite limited as I flew four legs (about 40 hours flying time) on the same month hence I did not have many choices to choose from.
AircraftBoeing 787 / 777
RouteKuala Lumpur to New York via Tokyo

"staff genuinely friendly"

Not Verified | Tokyo Haneda to Singapore. Excellent flight with an excellent airline. The aircraft (a one-year old 789 Dreamliner) was immaculate and super clean. Staff is genuinely friendly and always willing to help. Food was great and served with Japanese-style assortment. Plenty of rounds of drinks throughout the flight. One the negative side, movies selection should be improved. Other than that, I would recommend ANA to anyone and look forward to flying with them again.
RouteTokyo Haneda to Singapore

"thoroughly excellent experience"

Not Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Washington via Tokyo. Simply amazing! Efficient, genuine service, delicious food, lots of leg room. Attention to detail and safety. I am a convert. I have lived in SE Asia for several years and usually fly home to DC via the Middle East as I have found service and pricing the most competitive - until now! After flying ANA, I may never fly any other airline for my long haul to the US. My flight with ANA was one of my best flight experiences in Economy on any carrier. I found the service to be superior, attentive but not intrusive - friendly, efficient and genuine. The food was scrumptious - go for the Japanese if you can - quite good! I also had a delicious chicken tandoori on the leg from Tokyo to KL. I don’t fly for the food but theirs was certinaly a plus. Enough snacks to manage the 14 hours from DC to Tokyo, plenty of water and juice served in the cabin throughout the flight and requests were responded to promptly efficiently and with sincerely kind service. Clean bathrooms for the whole flight. This really stood out. I actuallly watched an attendant clean the bathroom 3 or 4 times on the flight! And another insisted on cleaning it before I used it on another flight. How nice to have clean bathrooms for the whole flight! (Not often the case on other carriers on my long haul flights from SE Asia to DC). One note - make sure your flight from Tokyo to DC is operated by ANA (not United) as they are exceptional. Often the flights are code share with United, and the leg from Tokyo to DC is operated by United - which is only slightly better than taking a public bus in the sky. I also had to change my return flight and ANA customer service made that a pleasant experience. A thoroughly excellent experience from start to end.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Washington via Tokyo