ANA All Nippon Airways

"Excellent service"

(Trinidad & Tobago)

Trip Verified | New York to Kuala Lumpur via Haneda. The flight from New York was delayed due to bad weather but the airline made sure I got my connecting flight and also transferred my luggage. Excellent service wide choice of food and beverages
RouteNew York to Kuala Lumpur via Haneda
Date FlownMay 2018

"Could not ask for better service"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Flew Bangkok to Los Angeles via Narita. Could not ask for better service from an airline or more polite treatment. Check in was easy on both ends and I was able to select the emergency exit row (which I need because of my size) in advance when buying the ticket. All four planes were spotless and the level of service showed real pride. All flights were also on time and food was good, especially on the flights out of Japan. The only negative thing is that the inflight internet on the cross Pacific flights is more frustration than pleasure, it just did not work well. It amazes me when I see so many Americans at Narita waiting to fly United when both ANA and JAL are so superior.
AircraftBoeing 787-8 and Boeing 777-300er
RouteBangkok to Los Angeles via Narita
Date FlownMay 2018

"succeeded in serving some drinks"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Osaka to Aomori return. Check-in was smooth, and aircrafts took off and landed on time. Despite the limited comfort of that Bombardier TurboProp, and moderate but constant turbulence, all crew made everything possible to prevent passengers to worry. They even succeeded in serving some drinks. Great job ANA!
AircraftQ400
RouteOsaka to Aomori
Date FlownMay 2018

"paying attention to customers"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Tokyo Haneda. They fly their latest version of 787 for this service (NH860). Business class seats have a table next to a seat, and you can put your laptop, files, etc while you eat. Seats recline into full-flat, and I do not complain about my leg room. I like this structure of seats. The food was served in a course, and wine selection was good. Cabin attendants are always paying attention to their customers. One pity was business class lounge for Singapore Airline was too crowded, and it was hard to find a seat.
RouteHong Kong to Tokyo Haneda
Date FlownApril 2018

"even breads were cold"

Trip Verified | Houston to Ho Chi Minh City via Tokyo Narita. The mechanics of ANA service, seat comfort in economy would get highest marks from me. The flight attendants were impeccably polite but English was difficult for many of them. Where ANA falls short was food, even breads were cold despite the galley having warming ovens. The pairings and choices were dismal and I gave up trying to eat for the flight except water and light snacks. The Hagen Daaz ice cream is a nice treat. Their partner/subsidiary, Air Japan that operates from Narita to Ho Chi Minh City flies older Boeing 767-300 aircraft. I'm a small person, but you are really jammed in narrow seats, very uncomfortable flight, no high marks for these folks for the 6 or so hours I was on board. The ANA Gold lounge in Narita is quite nice, even has massager lounge chairs to grab a short nap or relax. Many food/beverage choices, no shower facilities in the one by gate 52.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 ER
RouteHouston to Ho Chi Minh City via Tokyo Narita
Date FlownApril 2018

"Seat was comfortable"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Check-in in BKK was not on a special counter, as advertised. Ground staff (not NH) were not so friendly. No priority lane either, as advertised. Seat was comfortable, and allowed to sleep. However no dinner (a sandwich would have been enough) was served after the 9.45 pm take-off. Only a small nice warm breakfast 90 minutes before landing. Saving money and letting your "Premium Economy" pax starving is really not fair, taking into consideration the price they paid, and also that they are human beings. Live CNN on board.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteBangkok to Tokyo Haneda
Date FlownMarch 2018

"I think I expected better"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Haneda. I have reviewed the outward flight (First Class to Heathrow), but my experience in Business Class allowed me to compare the two levels of service offered. My seat on NH0224 was 9H. On the Boeing 777 the Business class seats are staggered and there is no one sitting side by side. There is not quite the same level of privacy as in First, but I found the seat quite uncomfortable. First of all, it is rather narrow and I found that I could not place my arms side by side. They had to be on the armrests, even when the seat was reclined, or made completely flat. For this reason, I was not able to do the latter and did not sleep well as a result. The seat was comfortable enough when reclined, but the screen is smaller than in First, and I was at the distance where wearing glasses made no different to the clarity of the film. The food was reasonably good and, since I was returning home, I chose the Japanese menu. However, I did not feel like sampling the meal offered just before landing. Since the flight was a relatively short 10 hours, this was no hardship. Overall, I think I expected better of a 5-star airline.
RouteFrankfurt to Haneda
Date FlownMarch 2018

"Japanese menu was excellent"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | I booked a business class ticket with Star Alliance, but was surprised for two reasons. One was that my route was from Hiroshima to Amsterdam, but they routed me via London Heathrow, and the horrors of changing terminals and a KLM flight. The second reason was that I was able to use my miles to upgrade from Business (discounted) to First on the Haneda - Heathrow segment. There were eight seats in the cabin, but only three passengers, so the cabin crew made the adjacent seat into a bed and I was able to use my booked seat 1D, as the 'day' seat and 1A as the 'night' seat. Krug champagne was on offer and the Japanese menu was excellent. The individual cabin was equipped with a large screen and I watched three films in complete comfort. I was sufficiently impressed to make reservations with ANA for my next trip to Europe, and I paid the extra and booked First Class tickets both ways. I returned to Japan in Business Class (which needs a separate review), but it will be very difficult to return to Economy.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteTokyo Haneda to London
Date FlownMarch 2018

"offered us excellent support"

(Luxembourg)

Trip Verified | The first time that I am writing a review on airline services, but I had to write a review for ANA. I was Head of Mission (13 pax) of the Belgian Blind Devil (blind football players) flying from Brussels to Tokyo. ANA offered us excellent support and assistance on the ground level and also on board the aircraft. The service was excellent, extremely kind, polite, respectful and very helpful, with an appreciated anticipating attitude. We flew Economy, the seat space was ok but not exceptional. The food served was good. I can definitely recommend travelling with ANA All Nippon Airlines.
RouteBrussels to Tokyo
Date FlownMarch 2018

"the kindness and goodwill"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Manila via Narita. This is to acknowledge with great appreciation for the kindness and goodwill extended to a senior couple facing a dreaded 24 hour trip to their destinations. We are referring in particular to Julia S-------r who made all the stops to satisfy our needs. It is the devotion to her duty at the counter at O’Hare Airport in Chicago that made our trip take a pleasant shape, and a good start.
RouteChicago to Manila via Narita