ANA All Nippon Airways

"even breads were cold"

Trip Verified | Houston to Ho Chi Minh City via Tokyo Narita. The mechanics of ANA service, seat comfort in economy would get highest marks from me. The flight attendants were impeccably polite but English was difficult for many of them. Where ANA falls short was food, even breads were cold despite the galley having warming ovens. The pairings and choices were dismal and I gave up trying to eat for the flight except water and light snacks. The Hagen Daaz ice cream is a nice treat. Their partner/subsidiary, Air Japan that operates from Narita to Ho Chi Minh City flies older Boeing 767-300 aircraft. I'm a small person, but you are really jammed in narrow seats, very uncomfortable flight, no high marks for these folks for the 6 or so hours I was on board. The ANA Gold lounge in Narita is quite nice, even has massager lounge chairs to grab a short nap or relax. Many food/beverage choices, no shower facilities in the one by gate 52.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 ER
RouteHouston to Ho Chi Minh City via Tokyo Narita
Date FlownApril 2018

"Seat was comfortable"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Check-in in BKK was not on a special counter, as advertised. Ground staff (not NH) were not so friendly. No priority lane either, as advertised. Seat was comfortable, and allowed to sleep. However no dinner (a sandwich would have been enough) was served after the 9.45 pm take-off. Only a small nice warm breakfast 90 minutes before landing. Saving money and letting your "Premium Economy" pax starving is really not fair, taking into consideration the price they paid, and also that they are human beings. Live CNN on board.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteBangkok to Tokyo Haneda
Date FlownMarch 2018

"I think I expected better"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Haneda. I have reviewed the outward flight (First Class to Heathrow), but my experience in Business Class allowed me to compare the two levels of service offered. My seat on NH0224 was 9H. On the Boeing 777 the Business class seats are staggered and there is no one sitting side by side. There is not quite the same level of privacy as in First, but I found the seat quite uncomfortable. First of all, it is rather narrow and I found that I could not place my arms side by side. They had to be on the armrests, even when the seat was reclined, or made completely flat. For this reason, I was not able to do the latter and did not sleep well as a result. The seat was comfortable enough when reclined, but the screen is smaller than in First, and I was at the distance where wearing glasses made no different to the clarity of the film. The food was reasonably good and, since I was returning home, I chose the Japanese menu. However, I did not feel like sampling the meal offered just before landing. Since the flight was a relatively short 10 hours, this was no hardship. Overall, I think I expected better of a 5-star airline.
RouteFrankfurt to Haneda
Date FlownMarch 2018

"Japanese menu was excellent"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | I booked a business class ticket with Star Alliance, but was surprised for two reasons. One was that my route was from Hiroshima to Amsterdam, but they routed me via London Heathrow, and the horrors of changing terminals and a KLM flight. The second reason was that I was able to use my miles to upgrade from Business (discounted) to First on the Haneda - Heathrow segment. There were eight seats in the cabin, but only three passengers, so the cabin crew made the adjacent seat into a bed and I was able to use my booked seat 1D, as the 'day' seat and 1A as the 'night' seat. Krug champagne was on offer and the Japanese menu was excellent. The individual cabin was equipped with a large screen and I watched three films in complete comfort. I was sufficiently impressed to make reservations with ANA for my next trip to Europe, and I paid the extra and booked First Class tickets both ways. I returned to Japan in Business Class (which needs a separate review), but it will be very difficult to return to Economy.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteTokyo Haneda to London
Date FlownMarch 2018

"offered us excellent support"

(Luxembourg)

Trip Verified | The first time that I am writing a review on airline services, but I had to write a review for ANA. I was Head of Mission (13 pax) of the Belgian Blind Devil (blind football players) flying from Brussels to Tokyo. ANA offered us excellent support and assistance on the ground level and also on board the aircraft. The service was excellent, extremely kind, polite, respectful and very helpful, with an appreciated anticipating attitude. We flew Economy, the seat space was ok but not exceptional. The food served was good. I can definitely recommend travelling with ANA All Nippon Airlines.
RouteBrussels to Tokyo
Date FlownMarch 2018

"the kindness and goodwill"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Manila via Narita. This is to acknowledge with great appreciation for the kindness and goodwill extended to a senior couple facing a dreaded 24 hour trip to their destinations. We are referring in particular to Julia S-------r who made all the stops to satisfy our needs. It is the devotion to her duty at the counter at O’Hare Airport in Chicago that made our trip take a pleasant shape, and a good start.
RouteChicago to Manila via Narita
Date FlownMarch 2018

"offered me excellent support and assistance"

Trip Verified | Flew London to Tokyo. This is the first time that I am writing a review here but I had to write a review for ANA. I am a disabled person, with a hearing impairment and ANA offered me excellent support and assistance on the ground level and also on board the aircraft. Their Customer service was excellent, so kind, polite and very helpful. I flew Economy, I was a little worried as I am 5ft 10in and I know sometimes the seat space can be a challenge but I had nothing to worry about. I found the seats comfortable. The food served was delicious, I was really impressed with the food selection on offer. I can definitely recommend traveling with this Airline.
RouteLondon to Tokyo
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"was so impressed with ANA"

Trip Verified | Washington to Ho Chi Minh City via Tokyo. I don't usually submit reviews for airlines, but was so impressed with ANA that I wanted to share my experience. In fact, this is the first time that I am submitting a review on Skytrax. Went on ANA recently to Asia and found it to be above the other airlines. Even in economy, their service, cleanliness and food was incredible, so much better than other airlines. Everything was very impressive. Their flight attendants are also the most friendly, courteous and accommodating. Don't think I can go back to the other airlines. So impressed with ANA!
RouteWashington to Ho Chi Minh City via Tokyo

"well-trained and attentive"

Trip Verified | The service, efficiency, warmth and elegance in ANA Business Class makes it a truly premium experience. I flew from BOM-SJC via NRT. Both the aircraft were Boeing 787-8, with well conceived Business Class seats. The odd numbered window-side seats offer an added layer of privacy, but all the seats in the cabin are very comfortable, with aisle access to everyone. The cabins and lavatories are clean. Where ANA outshines virtually everyone else is in their service. The flight attendants appear well-trained and attentive to the needs of the passengers. My Hindu meal was surprisingly good (i.e. not greasy). If there's one complaint I have it is that there was no wifi on either flight. Which is odd given that the NRT-SJC route services Silicon Valley.
RouteMumbai to Tokyo Narita

"excellent service"

Trip Verified | I would like to thank all the staff of ANA for the excellent service and positive attitude. They are very polite. I’m in economy, and aircraft was spacious. Convenient enough for 12 hours trip. Food is great too. Flight was a bit delayed because of snow, it’s totally fine. I recommend.
RouteVancouver to Manila via Tokyo