Vote Now

ANA All Nippon Airways

"Exceeded my expectations"

Verified Review | Beijing to Tokyo Haneda. Exceeded my expectations. ANA treating us with the same respect as first class passengers. We boarded quickly with no hassle. The aircraft is efficient and luxurious. The windows can be shaded, instead of closed. The food was excellent for airline food. The seats come forward when you recline. Instead of a indention for your cup, there was a hole so that your cup does not move. Good Boarding Music.
RouteBeijing to Tokyo Haneda
Date FlownNovember 2016

"surpassed my expectations"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Tokyo Haneda return In summary the service by the cabin crew on both sectors were impeccable and the details of the service on board was top notch. I flew 2 elderly passengers, 1 wheelchair passenger and a 5yr old child. We were all well taken care of from the boarding point right to the moment we disembarked after the immigration office by ANA ground staff. Food selection is better than most airlines. Chair did not recline well but was sufficient. Cabin crew was extremely polite and was always visible in the cabin making sure every passenger was attended to. Upon arrival the baggage delivery was prompt and quick. On our return trip on of the passengers from my group was seated separately. However, they went through all the trouble to assign us a seat together despite the full flight HND KUL. The service overall surpassed my expectations. I will always plan my trips on ANA in future where possible.
RouteKUL to HND
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"crew really attentive and friendly"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Tokyo Haneda to Kuala Lumpur. My flight was scheduled to depart from Tokyo Haneda at 0005 hrs in the morning. Chose ANA because of the offered price. The plane was very clean upon boarding. The window tinting feature on the Boeing 787 is very nice! Flight took off on time. Cabin crew were really attentive and friendly. Food was delicious. However, my IFE system got jammed after watching a movie. I reported the problem to the cabin crew and they quickly restarted the system for me. I was really happy with that. The recline of the seats wasn't very good. Couldn't get much sleep because it was uncomfortable. Landed in KLIA, on time as scheduled ( 630 hrs). Baggage reclaim was a breeze! They unloaded the baggages really fast. It was an honor flying with ANA and I will be sure to recommend this airline to others.
RouteTokyo to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownDecember 2016

"staff care about their clients"

Verified Review | Tokyo Narita to Singapore. I have flown ANA several times on both economy and premium economy cabin and it is a seemless ride, wonderful service from both ground and inflight crews. You really get the feeling that ANA staff care about their clients. Food is delicious, great quality of wines, IFE with plenty of choices. The 2x4x3 configuration is the best layout I ever saw on a Boeing 777. Only downside is how the Y seat reclines, instead of your back reclining, it is your hips that slide forwards hence reducing your leg room. Hard to describe but the economy seat isn't reclining the traditional way thus making it a biy uncomfortable, and I decided not to recline. The premium economy seats recline well. Besides that ANA is a well deserved 5-Star airline.
RouteTokyo to Singapore
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"journey is very comfortable"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Tokyo Narita to Hong Kong on economy class with ANA. The service is best. Boarding was efficient and flight attendants were very friendly. The ground service is best, and Food and beverages is good. This journey is very comfortable. Highly recommended.
RouteNRT to HKG
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"staff service exceptional "

Verified Review | Tokyo Haneda to Frankfurt in business class. Check in and lounge at Haneda exceptional and so efficient. Onboard the Boeing 777 seats are nice and private, a little narrow but I'm large! Food was excellent and seemed more refined than many airlines. Staff service exceptional and the best I can remember in over 25 years of flying - well done. IFE good movie choices, but TV programs seemed rather small in choice. Will choose next time over Lufthansa.
RouteTokyo to Frankfurt

"Highly recommended"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Tokyo Narita to Nagoya on business class. Highly efficient check in and a very generous luggage allowance. The domestic lounge is commendable, with a reasonable quantity of choice of freshly prepared light meals and drinks. Boarding was efficient and flight attendants were very friendly. The onboard beverage selection is exceptional and the light premium Gozen meals are also very good. Highly recommended.
RouteNRT to NGO

"flight was okay"

Verified Review | Jakarta to San Francisco return via Tokyo. Flight was okay despite the pretty bad weather when flying in and out. Good in-flight entertainment and updated monthly (flew in December and January) Ground staff and check in process was quick and efficient Seated in a good seat during first leg and bad seat on second leg. Delicious and good meal. Flight delayed for about 1hr from NRT to SFO. Stewardess was not friendly to me. Requested for water for a couple of times and I got denied. I wasn't able to do the web check in. Pocket seat poor cleanliness.
RouteCGK to SFO via NRT
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"HND connection is a winner"

(Japan)

Verified Review | Haneda to New York JFK in late December 2016 with a return on January 4 in Business class. First, from a convenience stand point this flight cannot be beat. It is great to have a Haneda option to JFK available that avoids the 1.5 to 2hr transit from central Tokyo out to Narita where most US flights originate and land. I like ANA's seat configuration and the window seats with the side table on the aisle cannot be beat for privacy. You'll want to check the seat configuration on your specific flight as every other row alternates and other rows have seats where the side table is against the window. This second design exposes you more, but is also fine. Service is generally great, unobtrusive and responsive. Compared to JAL, the HND connection is a winner. Where ANA falls flat I think is food and the IFE system, for non-Japanese speakers. The selection is OK, but nothing great compared to Cathay where has a very large library available on demand. One thing I have noticed on Asian carriers is that the temperature is too high for most westerners. I find overly heated spaces claustrophobic. Dress in layers if you are heat sensitive. I have learned to carry a light cotton polo shirt in my carry on bag that I can slip on if necessary once on board. My complaint is the food. It is sometimes poor, especially the main meal, and this includes both the Japanese and International options. On the upside though is that the a la carte options that may be ordered at any time after the first meal are much better, especially the curry, salad, cheeses, fruit, ramen and other simple dishes. I think with the main meal they try too hard and fail. Overall ANA is head and shoulders above any US carrier, and I will continue to fly them regularly.
RouteHND to JFK
Date FlownDecember 2016

"crew were lovely, welcoming and gracious"

Verified Review | Flew ANA to Singapore from Tokyo as a connection from United originating in Newark. It was a world of difference transferring from United to ANA. Boarding was by row numbers and fairly organized and quick. The aircraft itself has an interesting 2x4x3 layout in Economy which I quite liked. Seat pitch was excellent at 34" and I did also like that the seat slid forward instead of reclined back. The crew were lovely, welcoming and gracious. Meals and drinks were served efficiently and with a genuine friendliness. I chose the Japanese option for dinner and it was pretty good and substantial in quantity. The crew's command of English was fair I would say. IFE on a bright touchscreen that was responsive. The selection was decent for a 7 hour flight but probably too small for a longer transpacific. WIFI was spotty and dropped out from time to time. We departed about 30mins late and arrived 20mins behind schedule after midnight. My return flight with ANA was equally commendable. Comfortable, great meals, fantastic crew. I was almost sad to be connecting to United. Which actually wasn't as bad as I imagined but not as good as ANA in terms of amenities and comfort.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER