Airline of the Year

ANA All Nippon Airways

"Friendly and attentive crew"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | This trip from Thailand to Japan and return was my first experience with ANA but a very pleasant one. Friendly and attentive crew, very good legroom, especially for economy (seat belts ok on international flights but very short for westerners bodies on domestic flights), good entertainment choice, decent breakfast and nice little snack served immediately after departure. Flight was perfectly on time, announcements were good, including the indication of the luggage belt number on arrival. I will certainly fly ANA again.
RouteHaneda to Bangkok

"the staff were superb"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Mexico City via Narita. The easiest way to get to Mexico without transiting in the USA. All flights were on time. On the HKG to NRT sector, an old 767 looking tired, leg room is ok but not great, movies not up to International standard, transfer at Narita can be very long! NRT to MEX sector the 787's were clean, very new. Staff were fabulous. I had exit row both ways, Row 20. Great legroom, however the rows behind are very tight 31 inch space. Food again ok, better movies and better screen. I think the staff were superb throughout.
AircraftBoeing 767 / 787
RouteHong Kong to Mexico City via Narita

"attentive flight attendants"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Washington to Tokyo Narita. One of the best attentive flight attendants! This is the first time flying on ANA and guess what they did exceed my expectation. I flew on the 777-300ER from Washington to Narita with almost full flight. However, flight attendents were able to handle all the passengers with good and polite manner. I knew that ANA is one of the 5 star airline and I think they deserve it. Actually my flight was delay for about an hour but the ground staff did a very good job and we managed to left before the new schedule. We arrived at Narita just five minutes behind the schedule. Two thumb up for the pilot. I will definitely use and recommend this airline to anyone.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteWashington to Tokyo Narita
Date FlownMay 2017

"crew best I think in the world"

(Bangladesh)

Verified Review | I was traveling from Mexico City to Tokyo Narita. Fight deperture 20 mins delay. Ground staff not helpful in Mexico City airport. It's a 14:30 hours flight but didn't have wifi, but have many movie and games. Cabin crew are best I think in the world. Excellent behaviour, polite. Al time they come and ask need anything. Really great in flight service. I did not order any food before my flight departure and they served me chicken and rice. Business class seat fully lying bed 180 degree. Flight arrive 15 mins before of scheduled arrive time.
RouteMexico City to Tokyo Narita
Date FlownApril 2017

"Staff were helpful"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Jakarta to Tokyo Haneda. First time using ANA All Nippon Airways. Seat is good for 5 star airline. Staff were helpful even they're not fluent in English. Food is OK but should be improved on western menu. But for Japanese Food lover it's best! Overall it's as fair as I expected.
RouteJakarta to Tokyo
Date FlownApril 2017

"like cabin seats to be wider"

(Japan)

Verified Review | Okayama to Tokyo-Haneda. Check in was easy because the procedure of ANA only touched the membership card of FMP and checked the condition. After boarding this domestic flight, they offered a warm consommé soup and cold green tea, with a smile. As I arrived earlier than planned, I was able to enjoy the sightseeing in Tokyo slowly. However, it was regrettable that there was only a Japanese announcement at the airport. There will be foreigners boarding in this airport, so I would like you to take care of the neighborhood firmly. Also, as a digression, I would like the cabin seats to be wider.
RouteOkayama to Tokyo-Haneda
Date FlownMarch 2017

"definitely a 5-star airline"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Tokyo Narita to Mexico City by ANA on 20-21 March 2017. Both JAL and ANA helped me to check through my baggage from Jakarta to Mexico City (and from Mexico City to Jakarta a week later) although they don't share baggage arrangement. It was an excellent service from both airlines because I had a long layover in Narita (for over 7 hours) and would like to go to Tokyo for several hours during the layover. I would point out the excellent service from crew of flight NH180 (Narita-Mexico) and NH179 (Mexico Juarez-Narita), especially during meal time. They gave me recommendation on which meal I should choose because I don't eat pork. They even realized that I was (probably) the only passenger who's neither Japanese nor Mexican. One of the crew of NH180 also bid me farewell on my mother tongue. The interior of the aircraft was great and excellent. The crews cleaned the lavatory on a regular basis so it was perfectly clean and comfortable. The inflight entertainment was also good though maybe they can add more western entertainment. I had no problem though because I do enjoy Japanese movie and music. The leg room of the economy class was narrow. All in all, ANA is definitely a 5-star airline and highly recommended for long haul flight. I hope I can fly with ANA again someday.
RouteTokyo to Mexico City
Date FlownMarch 2017

"definitely fly with ANA again"

Verified Review | Sapporo to Tokyo Haneda. Flying back to Tokyo after our time at the snow resort. Everything from check-in to baggage drop went quite smoothly. The flight was delayed 30 mins due to late arrival, these things happen so it's best to expect it when travelling, seats felt less comfortable then previous flight and in regards to onboard experience I think food should be served on a 1.5 hour flight. Some people might think otherwise and not agree with my opinion but for a full service airline, it should be expected. Baggage did take up to 30 mins to come out, but that is the airport's responsibility. Overall, I definitely would fly with ANA again.
RouteSapporo New Chitose to Tokyo

"Great flight overall"

Verified Review | Tokyo Haneda to Sapporo New Chitose. This is the first time I have flown with a Japanese airline on a domestic flight, and it was efficient and smooth. I arrived quite early at the airport and they let me check in early, even offered to put me on an earlier flight, but I couldn't accept as my ground transfer could not be amend. It only takes 15 mins to board a almost full flight, in Australia it takes 30 mins or more to board just a Boeing 737 and the team from ANA are incredibly friendly and always ready to help with any queries. It was a short flight approx. 1.5 hours thus no food was offered but received drinks as refreshment. Great flight overall and when I come back to Japan, it will be a joy to fly Business Class with ANA.
RouteHaneda to Sapporo
Date FlownMarch 2017

"everything to my satisfaction"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Sapporo via Tokyo. This was my first family trip to Sapporo via Tokyo and my first time flying with ANA. No doubt that this airline is a 5 star airlines. From ticket price, check-in, departure (delayed for almost 1 hour on that day), meals, seats (although a bit cramp), everything is up to my satisfaction. Just one thing that I would like to highlight is the good and friendly service from cabin crew service went a little overboard. During meal serving session, cabin crew attending to the same passengers who already have their meals and drinks distributed (these passengers keep on requesting for more drinks) and left the rest of the passengers who have not got their meal and drinks waited.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Sapporo via Tokyo