ANA All Nippon Airways

"ANA has very friendly staff"

Review by (Germany)

Tokyo to Osaka Itami. ANA has very friendly staff, ground and cabin crew. The aircraft seemed a bit old but still in good shape. The service was very good for such a short flight.
RouteHND to ITM

Review by (Japan)

Chicago to Tokyo Narita, bought tickets five months out, and dirt cheap. Checked in on time. Staff friendly. Had a gift for my Mother-In law, and ground staff put a protective cover over it. The bad part of the trip was the United Airlines lounge at Chicago O'Hare. I don't know how United is in the Star Alliance. Alcohol was not free, bowls were styrofoam, with meager food selections, and non working WI-FI. I left the horrific, and dreary lounge early. Boarding was easy, however there was a long line. Boarded nicely, and accidentally went the wrong way. A nice cabin staff corrected me, and escorted me to my seat. Upon settling in, another cabin staff introduced herself, saying she would be taking care of my section during the flight. Very polite, and professional. Immigration cards were distributed. I had the the Japanese lunch which was very good. Champagne offered, along with a Chilean wine which I continued to enjoy throughout the flight. Dessert included multiple selections, including Dorayaki with Mocha. It was really good. Cabin staff made continuous rounds throughout the flight, and never became ghosts. Cabin staff offered to make my bed. Dining on demand was perfect, as I ordered soup. Watched another movie, and ordered the cheese platter, and Kutsudon, but still could not sleep. I was very comfortable however. Enjoyed the 2nd meal. That is getting kind of old, and ANA needs to do something about that. At least an alternate meal choice, like Singapore Airlines does. Landed 17 minutes ahead of schedule, however an Air China flight had tied up Immigration. Two pieces of Luggage came out reasonably quick, and a speedy trip through customs. I feel bad for ANA's passenger's flying out of ORD, because they do not get the full experience, due to the United Airlines lounge at Chicago O'Hare.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteChicago to Tokyo Narita

ANA All Nippon Airways customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

Return trip with ANA All Nippon Airways from London Heathrow to Tokyo Haneda. Both legs were marked by truly excellent on-board service, without it ever being overbearing. Drinks replenished regularly and snacks available anytime. Meal service was good, although could benefit from some wider choices. The flat bed though was fantastic. The air mattress provided makes a massive difference to sleep quality! IFE not brilliant, but it was a late evening flight so not that important to me.
RouteLHR to HND

Review by (Canada)

First time I have flown ANA and was very disappointed. I flew business class and expected a flat bed or close to it. ANA calls it a cradle seat but it is short and not up to standard on long haul business class service. The controls are sparse, it even has an old fashioned fold down foot rest. Food was okay, service staff were friendly. Entertainment options are thin. I never thought I would say this but even Air Canada has them beat.
RouteHaneda to Vancouver
Date FlownAugust 2015

Review by (Japan)

A red-eye flight out of Soekarno Hatta, Jakarta. Check-in and boarding was smooth. After take-off, a bag containing midnight snacks was distributed. Drinks service was also done by the cabin crew. Before landing, breakfast was served. Passengers were given two choices. In-flight entertainment was good. The seat was a little hard for me though. Service was really efficient but the cabin crew didn't seem approachable.
RouteCGK to HND
Date FlownSeptember 2014

ANA All Nippon Airways customer review

Review by (United States)

I was sceptical about flying ANA's new 3-4-3 economy layout, but I was pleasantly surprised by the level of comfort I experienced in the economy cabin. The seat pitch is still phenomenal and leaves plenty of room for passengers sitting in front of me to recline all the way back. The seats are soft yet supportive and the PTV system is full of options to make the twelve hour flight seem like a short haul route. ANA's flight attendants are world class, constantly moving about the cabin offering drinks and snacks between meals.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteORD to NRT

ANA All Nippon Airways customer review

Review by (United States)

Best airline service I have ever had. Ever. Wonderful first-class checkin and exclusive security line at Narita. Smart attractive and efficient cabin crew, constant use of customer names (they memorized them from manifest before we boarded), well-maintained cabins, and delicious, plentiful food. High-end spirits and wines, including two choices for champagne, one of which was Krug. Quite simply, it was eleven hours of air travel the way it should be. As one example of the personal service I received, a FA noticed me yawn briefly after dinner and drinks, and in a heartbeat she was at my seat asking if I wanted her to make it into a bed. I told her not right now, thanks, and she said fine – but then when I wasn't looking she came up and made the seat across the aisle (first class wasn't full) into a bed. and a few minutes after that she came by and said there's your bed when you need it. So I went across and used it, put a blanket over me and the seatbelt over that, and went to sleep. I vaguely remember gentle touching while dozing. Come to find out later, when I was asleep she came by, thought the blanket wasn't classy enough and tucked me in with a duvet on top of that. If I had to pick any nits, it would be the first-class 'suite' ground lounge in Tokyo. No real problems, nice enough food (plus Lindt chocolates which can help everything!), but it didn't match up with Qantas SYD, Cathay Pacific HKG or Lufthansa FRA. And onboard, the the wifi service was usage-based, way overpriced, slow and not user friendly when one reached the quota. I am told, however, that as soon as this month ANA is moving from the usage to a time-based system. Finally, as nice as the "square suites" are, in a window suite the wall of the square interferes with a good view. But truly, those are nits. This was a terrific flight.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteNRT to IAH

Review by (Indonesia)

Jakarta (CGK) to Tokyo (NRT) in July. Being seated in the economy class, I was impressed with the service quality and facilities on board. I am 6ft and found the seat is comfortable with sufficient width and leg room. It was beyond my expectation as I had been viewing some complaints on the seat. Plane is new, has modern and efficient design. What impressed me most is the hospitality and attentiveness of the flight attendants. No wonder they earn the 5-star airline status.
RouteJakarta to Tokyo

Review by (New Zealand)

The seats were huge and had sufficient legroom. A wide range of great movies to choose from. Seats were really comfortable and had a leg rest. Food was delicious, staff service was of high standard. I couldn't have asked for a better flight to start my holiday from HKG-HND. Will fly ANA's premium economy again when I have the chance.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteHKG to HND

Review by (Hungary)

A very pleasant flight from Osaka to Haneda, we departed with a 15 minutes of delay due to traffic at Kansai Airport. Limited choice of free beverages but they do provide a much more extensive selection but you will have to pay. Seats were comfortable with enough legroom, but no IFE. Ground staff and cabin crew were very courteous and helpful. Will recommend ANA.
RouteOsaka to Haneda