Top 100 Airlines

ANA All Nippon Airways

"I am really impressed"

Verified Review | Singapore to Tokyo Narita. First time on ANA All Nippon Airways and I am really impressed. My partner was fast asleep and past breakfast meal. However, the cabin crew remembered him and served him a choice of breakfast when he wakes up. Meal is really good too. Also, it is awesome that they give everyone a bottle of water after take off, and have regular walk through to serve water. Pre-landing snack was given, and also some sweets and postcards for you. Entertainment device is user friendly even though it is limited. Cabin crew is the friendliest among all airlines I have taken, and they greet us even when we enter or go out of the toilet. Seats were comfy and will not be affected by passenger in front of you due to shell seating. Electronic devices can be charged mid flight and it is very fast. Wifi service is also provided at a reasonable price. Points lost to the lack of amenity kit and entertainment.
RouteSIN to NRT
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"this flight was out of pattern"

(Brazil)

Verified Review | Kansai to Beijing. A disappointing experience. Problems started by class reservation. Surprisingly, despite the fact that I paid much more than the lowest fare on the route, ANA released a class "L" e-ticket reducing my miles earning to minimum. This is a new practice in some airlines, to which we should pay attention (LH did the same to also on a Business class tkt with a "P" class) . My TP Victoria Star Alliance gold card was not recognized at first time at check in. Supervisor was called, card scrutinised and after 15 mn, accepted! Lounge at KIX has improved: there is french wine now. Flight delayed on departure and arrival. Plane was old, with toilets worn out. Food bad, and FA were not pleasant. I am an ANA fan. They are a standard for our industry. However this flight on every aspect was out of pattern.
RouteKIX to PEK
Date FlownAugust 2016

"cabin staff was excellent"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Venice to Tokyo Haneda via Munich. I was impressed that we were able to check-in 2 luggage (23 kg each) plus the hold luggage and I appreciated that the flight departed with admirable punctuality and boarding was quick. Despite the seat was rather small for a 10 hours flight, the plane was new and very clean. Cabin staff was excellent, as well as food and beverages, with a lot of choices. Inflight entertainment: the screen was very good, but movies were a bit old with a very poor choice, especially new movies. All in all I think ANA deserve 5 stars for a lot of things (staff, punctuallity, food, cleaning and services) but the inflight entertainment and seat comfort are not up to the other 5 stars airlines I've tried.
RouteVCE to HND via MUC

"I loved the privacy"

What a pleasure ANA Business Class was flying from Narita to Bangkok. I loved the privacy. The middle seat in three across rows is something like your own cave where you are effectively isolated from anyone else around. Everything about the experience is generous: personal space, seat size, service. Even the bathrooms are pleasant. Dinner was beautifully presented and service was very personalized. There were ample entertainment selections. One of the hallmarks of this airline is their service, and it is easy to see why. Staff were attentive, non-intrusive, warm and even caring. It is a great package.
RouteNRT to BKK
Date FlownAugust 2016

"provided one of the best service"

(Malaysia)

Kuala Lumpur to Tokyo Narita. ANA's crews are polite and provided one of the best service that I've ever received from airlines. The food is nice, check-in process is quick and easy. I enjoyed my trip very much. There are plenty of choices for drinks on board and we were well attended. However, the choices of onboard entertainment can be improved further with more programs with English subtitle (especially the nice Japanese dramas).
RouteKUL to NRT

"flight was very good"

(China)

Verified Review | This flight from Haneda to Kansai was very good. From boarding to leaving the plane, I felt welcome from the crew members and the ground staff. The airport facilities in Haneda are very convenient for me to use: I can check my baggage and get my paper boarding pass by using check-in machines. Drinks and the in-flight magazine were enough for a flight that was less than one hour. Next time I will choose ANA for my domestic trip in Japan.
RouteHND to KIX

"I highly recommend ANA"

Verified Review | Houston to Tokyo Narita with ANA. I was highly impressed! Second time flying ANA and loved it as much if not more than the first time! I actually had the privilege to fly on one of the Star Wars themed jets and it was amazing. Flight Attendants are very accommodating. I booked thru code share United using mileage plus points and changed my flight last minute, less than 24 hours before. I was therefore unable to select my meal preference in which I am a vegetarian. FA's had no issue with that and went above and beyond to accommodate me, which I truly appreciate. Ive been on other airlines where I felt scolded that I didnt make my selection on time and honestly there are some of us who book flights less than 24 hours prior and even on the day of. Anyway, the flight was delayed maybe 20 minutes but they boarded in a timely fashion and got us up in the air in no time, we landed on time as well. We received two meals and a snack along with suffice beverages included free alcohol - at or a little above average airplane food. InFlight entertainment is kind of lacking some titles. I think there were very limited options especially when doing a round trip. I pretty much saw all the movies going leaving me watching movies over for a second time on the way back. Actually tried some foreign movies with subtitles on the way back but might not necessarily be everyones thing. We all received a Star Wars card thanking us and saying that we flew the star wars aircraft which I thought was cool! Overall, I highly recommend ANA and would place it in my top 10 thus far!
AircraftBoeing 777-300 ER
RouteIAh to NRT
Date FlownJuly 2016

"Star Wars themed jet was amazing"

Verified Review | Houston to Tokyo Narita. Second time flying ANA and loved it as much if not more than the first time! I had the privilege to fly on one of the Star Wars themed jets and it was amazing! Flight Attendants are very well accommodating. I booked thru code share United using mileage plus points and changed my flight last minute, less than 24 hours before. I was therefore unable to select my meal preference in which I am a vegetarian. The FA's had no issue with that and went above and beyond to accommodate me. Anyway, the flight was delayed maybe 20 minutes but they boarded in a timely fashion and got us up in the air in no time. We received two meals and a snack along with beverages included free alcohol. The food was at or a little above average airplane food. Inflight entertainment is lacking some titles. I pretty much saw all the movies going leaving me watching movies over for a second time on the way back. Actually tried some foreign movies with subtitles on the way back but might not be everyone's thing! We all also received a Star Wars card thanking us and saying that we flew the star wars aircraft which i thought was cool! Overall, I highly recommend ANA.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 ER
RouteIAH to NRT

"offers exceptional service"

ANA always offers exceptional service, especially in the staff category. We were very lucky that they changed our 1 hour domestic flight from Takamatsu to Tokyo Haneda to an international configuration plane. The seats were very comfortable, and they even had a video on-demand system on every seat. The flight was also my first on a 787, so it made a very good impression. However, usually it is a domestic configuration, so not to mislead anybody with this review, but my experience was excellent.
RouteTAK to HND
Date FlownJuly 2016

"configuration feels a bit cramped"

(Japan)

Short flight (50 min) from Osaka-Itami to Tokyo-Haneda. I reached Osaka Airport pretty early, and the staff were willing to transfer me to earlier flight on the spot without charging me any fee (probably because I am Star Alliance Gold). ANA B787 domestic configuration feels a bit cramped, with very little recline angle, very limited choice of beverages, and no food service. It was a very short flight, so I had no problem only having a cup of apple juice and a glass of water. Luggage delivery at Tokyo-Haneda took forever (even for Gold passengers). The belt did not move until almost 20 minutes after plane's arrival at gate. This really needs to be improved.
RouteITM to HND