ANA All Nippon Airways

Seat Comfort N/A
Staff Service N/A
Value for Money N/A

"flight and service were amazing"

Verified Review | San Jose to Tokyo Narita with ANA on premium economy. The flight and service were amazing. Check in was easy and efficient. ANA allows premium economy passengers to have lounge access. The lounge was comfortable and was a good place to do some planespotting. About 10 minutes before boarding, attendants came around making sure everyone knew the boarding time. Boarding was quick and easy and we pushed back really fast. Right after take-off, attendants came around with water and rice crackers. About 1 hour later, lunch service started. I ordered a beef and pork dish with cold soba, fruit, and a prosciutto wrap. Portions were very generous and were delicious. After dinner, attendants walked around giving vanilla Haagen Daz ice cream, which was delicious. Soon they dimmed the lights and allowed everyone to sleep. ANA allows premium economy passengers to have one extra dessert or cold soba noodles. I opted for a dessert, which was either a raspberry mouse or some mochi. I got the raspberry mouse, which was even better than the Haagen Daz. I tried to get some sleep, but I couldn't because I kept drinking green tea. Attendants constantly walked around and asked if we wanted water, and then they would give it to us. When the crew turned the lights back on, breakfast service started. I got some chicken with rice Shanghai-style with rice, yogurt, and fruit. This was equally as delicious. Attendants cleared our plates and begin the landing sequence. About an hour before landing, attendants handed out small candies with different flavors. Deplaning was easy and while we were waiting, attendants asked how our service was and, of course, we said that it was absolutely amazing. When we landed, ANA crew took the bags off the carousel and gave it to each passenger, which was incredibly courteous.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteSan Jose to Tokyo Narita

"new A321 with winglets"

Verified Review | Tokyo Haneda to Fukuoka. I had high hopes for this airline considering their increasingly large presence in the US market (even more so than JAL). When I heard ANA would begin to fly the new A321 with winglets I had to purchase tickets. The aircraft on board is modern looking, although the cabin seems a bit out of date because they have cloth rather than leather seats. The flight was exactly on time. Flight attendants were kind but did not speak English. I was surprised though to see they did not offer any inflight beverage or snack. Also there was no inflight entertainment or wifi.
RouteTokyo Haneda to Fukuoka
Date FlownAugust 2017

"extremely clean, but looked old"

(Brazil)

Verified Review | Flew ANA All Nippon Airways from Osaka (Kansai) - Memanbetsu (Hokkaido) and return. Everything fine as usual. Fast check-in. Fast boarding. Planes on time, extremely clean, but looked old. No frills on board, of course, but a good option of paid food, including hot soup. Baggage with delivered in 5 minutes.
RouteKansai to Hokkaido
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"very disappointed by ANA"

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Tokyo Haneda on a 9 year old Boeing 767-300. The inflight entertainment is recent, but not the device. I could see the pixels, I could not read subtitles and couldn't select languages / subtitles. We found the food tasteless, my partner had to ask twice to get bread. I was very disappointed by ANA, 500€ for this kind of quality is very expensive.
RouteHong Kong to Tokyo Haneda

"service was very good"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to New York via Tokyo. This was my first trip on ANA. HKG-NRT on a 767, NRT-JFK leg was on a much newer 777. I was able to occupy two seats on the latter leg because the seat next to mine was vacant. But economy was still economy and not exactly conducive to a good night's sleep. Food on ANA was okay, service was very good. Because I extended my stay in New York, I didn't use the return portion of my ticket. But I'd still say that the price I paid for it (US$655) was a bargain for one of Skytrax five-star airlines.
AircraftBoeing 767 / 777
RouteHong Kong to New York via Tokyo
Date FlownJune 2017

"highlight the customer service"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | I have a flight booked for September from Kuala Lumpur to Chicago via Narita (returning through Tokyo Haneda). However, I would like to highlight the customer service from ANA thus far. On my return flight to KUL our of HND, they have changed the aircraft from a Boeing 787-9 to a Boeing 787-8. The latter plane does not have a premium economy class so ANA have upgraded us to Business class for the HND-KUL sector. To top it all, they apologised for the change in aircraft and assured us that if the aircraft was changed to yet a different aircraft with a premium economy cabin, we would still be flying Business class! Now THAT is customer service. All information was relayed via email. In this day and age, this is such good service.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteKuala Lumpur to Chicago via Narita

"she didn't know better"

(South Korea)

Verified Review | Seoul Gimpo to Tokyo Haneda. I fly this route once or twice a year. Always on time, always a quick flight, always a good experience except this time. The food is actually good and unique for airline food (if you can handle Japanese cuisine). They even add extra touches like an extra bag of snacks if you order an extra beer or wine mid flight. Planes immaculate. I have never in my life had a problem with any flight attendant. On the return from HND to GMP, I was sitting causally unbuckled with the cabin door open during boarding. An attendant came up to me, said welcome aboard and flat out asked me to my face if I wanted a seatbelt extender. Nothing about my posture, facial expression, or attitude remotely indicated I need help. I am 180 cm 120 kg (5'11" 265 lb) and fly several times per year around Asia and to US and have never needed one. Never have I taken up others' seat space or anything. Nor have I ever really felt shame or lack of confidence being fat. But now I know that feeling. Unfortunate that she didn't know better. I emailed ANA upon return (didn't want to make a scene on board) as it really did ruin my flight. I received a generic, wordy apology, but also didn't expect more as I am non-elite on a premium route. Also, what else could they really do anyway? I will fly ANA again, but minus points.
RouteSeoul Gimpo to Tokyo Haneda
Date FlownJune 2017

"seats were comfortable"

(Japan)

Verified Review | Afternoon flight out of Kuala Lumpur to Haneda on their new Boeing 787-9. The aircraft was clean and the seats were comfortable. Food this time was great compared to their outbound flight. One thing I found surprising was that the crew forgot to serve drinks to the last two rows of passengers there were no turbulence and the aircraft was about only 70% full. We had to walk to the galley to request for drinks. The aircraft was delayed by almost 45 minutes and considering the arrival time of almost midnight into Haneda, this might be very inconvenient for many passengers who wish to catch the public transport home.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Tokyo
Date FlownAugust 2017

"staff still second to none"

Verified Review | I was looking forward to flying with ANA again from Phnom Penh to Chicago via Tokyo Narita, having flown them three years ago and, at that time, was completely overwhelmed with their product. The good news is that some things have not changed - namely their staff. Every ANA employee I encountered was warm, professional, and engaging. In fact, they averted a crisis when, upon getting off the plane in Tokyo, I discovered that I had left my toiletries on the plane. I contacted an ANA employee and within 10 minutes, I had my toiletries back. The flight attendants on all of my flights were top notch and were so kind and caring. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Where things fell short was at the ANA lounge at Narita. On the good side, the shower room was great! But the food at the lounge was very much lacking. I had a 9 hour layover at Narita and got to see the morning and afternoon offerings. While three years ago there was a noodle bar where they made your noodle dishes individually. That is now gone. For the AM, they had four hot dishes: onion soup, miso soup, scrambled eggs, and skillet potatoes. The scrambled eggs had a yellowish color that I had never seen before and looked very unappetizing. The potatoes were left out in the open on a chafing dish. You never knew how long they had been sitting there. In the afternoon, the same dishes were there except that the scrambled eggs were replaced by a noodle dish which, I must admit, was tasty! Again, the potatoes were left uncovered. Sadly, there were times when the noodle dish was left completely empty and not promptly replaced by the staff. The food on the plane, while good, was not awe-inspiring. I had both Japanese and Western dishes and none were remarkable. The only hot breakfast dish on the flight back to Chicago was an omelet. In fact, on all flights there were only three main courses available, two Western and one Japanese. It seems that the food selection on business class has gone down from three years ago. Would I fly ANA again? You bet! I just would lower my expectations on the food served. The warmth and professionalism of their staff, however, is still second to none!
AircraftBoeing 777 / B787
RoutePhnom Penh to Chicago via Tokyo Narita
Date FlownJuly 2017

"will fly with ANA again"

Verified Review | Jakarta to San Francisco via Narita. I am pleased how ANA accomodate my needs during the long line security check point at Narita airport. I have a child with special needs that makes it hard for him to cooperate when the line is long and place is crowded. I was worried that I might miss my connecting flight as it was pretty short. Fortunately ANA sent someone to assisst us so we still have 15 minutes to board the plane. I could not imagine if we had to go in the normal line! That, and the flight attendants were all nice. Thank you so much. I will fly with ANA again when I have the chance.
RouteJakarta to San Francisco via Narita