Air Berlin

"happy their service"

Verified Review | Frankfurt to Berlin, our first flight was cancelled but they arranged me other flight. Next day I use Air Berlin also this time their service was on time and good service and cabin crew - they are very friendly and helpful. I was very happy their service.
RouteFrankfurt to Berlin
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"don't recommend it at all"

Verified Review | Berlin to Warsaw. This is worst experience I had. Staff are really rude. They don't have enough information about flight. I had three different information last 10 minutes. I have been waiting for my flight over 2 hours and flight is delayed. And Airberlin's staff still can't give any information about flight. I don't recommend it at all.
RouteBerlin to Warsaw
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Worst airline ever, poor customer care"

Verified Review | Worst airline ever, poor customer care. Representatives are rude and not helpful. My flight from San Francisco to Prague (with only one connection stop) was cancelled without any notification and explanation as to why. Air Berlin representative was not helpful at all. We were told that we would be flying via a different airline, however, didn't give any information regarding flight number, refused to print any documents proving that we had the new flight with a different airline. In addition, they gave us a flight with two stops (we could have find tickets much cheaper with two stops). Do not recommend this airline, they just lost two customers. On my way back another Air Berlin representative was extremely rude, plus she overcharged us for overweight luggage (we had to pay 100 euros for 27 kg luggage). On the board they didn't offer any drinks (water or coffee) from Prague to Berlin.
RouteSan Francisco to Prague

"cheating their customers"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | Bonn to Prague via Berlin. Absolutely bad experience. I bought flight at 5pm from Berlin and instead they put me on flight at 9pm. Nobody was able to explain me why. After staying in line for almost an hour to actually talk with someone they tell me that I have flight for today so they don't understand why is my problem - if they would tell me up front that the flight at 5pm will not happen I would fly directly from Bonn to Prague at 7 pm. These people are cheating their customers.
RouteBonn to Prague via Berlin
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"pricier than budget airlines"

Verified Review | Helsinki to Berlin return. the terminal in Berlin looks like an abandoned warehouse. The Boeing 737 had the A320 safety sheet. The seats were leather, and quite worn out. The flight left TXL on time. I am an Emerald member on one world however they did not recognise me on this flight nor the departing flight (no greeting, benefit, drinks, nothing). They charge 2.5 Euros for a cup of tea and the inflight entertainment via wifi must be purchased. Not recommended as they are pricier than budget airlines.
RouteBerlin to Helsinki
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Not a good first impression"

Verified Review | Berlin to Geneva via Dusseldorf. Not a good first impression. First segment no order to boarding process just one long line regardless if your seat assignment. Delayed 30 minutes announced 10 minutes before scheduled boarding time. No explanation why. Onboard, the least amount of legroom I have ever experienced. Take off was finally one hour later. Second flight delayed 35 minutes to late arrival of the aircraft.
RouteBerlin to Geneva via Dusseldorf
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"nice crew and comfortable planes"

Verified Review | Unfortunately Air Berlin has gone broke, but they are still flying. I was a bit apprehensive because of the insolvency and the bad performance earlier this year, but despite the situation it was great: very punctual - even half an hour earlier on the inbound flight, nice crew and comfortable planes. Since Münster/Osnabrück is a small airport, one is at the gate within 5 mins of entering the building and boarding is very quick. On both flights we had an Air Berlin plane, a Niki flightnumber and a TUIfly crew. B737 showed its age but was fine. Paid 7 euros for a currywurst. A bit steep but it was excellent. Nice flight over Cologne and Lake Geneva with view of the Alps. I was out of Palma airport within 20 mins after touch down (only hand luggage) which was very good for such a big airport. Big surpise on the inbound flight: I was assigned an emergency seat for free. The normal cost is 25 euros, so this was very comfortable. We even got the famous AB chocolate heart at leaving the plane. It's a pity AB is about to disappear. I have flown quite a lot with them and it was always fine. The only reason I don't recommend them is the insolvency, because they're suspending flights already.
AircraftBoeing 737/A321
RouteMünster Osnabrück / Dusseldorf to Palma de Mallorca
Date FlownAugust 2017

"profit over customer"

Verified Review | Disaster! Booked end March to fly from Stockholm to Geneva via Dusseldorf with my wife and 3 children, taking around 4 hours and thought I had a bargain. 6 weeks before departure was informed of a small change - had to leave 4 hours earlier to fly Stockholm - Berlin - Dusseldorf - Geneva, ie total journey time of 8 hours with children of 4, 6 and 8 years old. Immediately contacted Air Berlin who confirmed I could cancel if wanted (but by then flight prices had doubled) or else I would receive some confirmation if I contacted them via their website. Did this immediately and still haven't heard. Tried contacting them at the airport en route, but impossible to find an Air Berlin employee at the airport, only representatives from other companies who were shocked and sorry but weren't "able to do anything". Clear case of profit over customer but if you don't take care of the customer, then somebody else will and next time we will definitely not be flying with Air Berlin.
RouteStockholm to Geneva via Dusseldorf
Date FlownAugust 2017

"no customer service line"

Verified Review | New York to Rome via Dusseldorf. We understand travel issues but AirBerlin was most disturbing and we still have not gotten through to any representative over 30 days later. Air Berlin has no customer service line for current customers only a "ticket booking line". And the representatives there will quickly and rudely tell you they cannot help you at all. This company has made itself inaccessible to its customers. We could only get bits of information through their affliate airline Alitalia. Basically though Alitaila said that it was AirBerlin we needed to get to to find baggage that had been lost with no trace for 4+days but then their is no way to reach Air Berlin - just email- to date we have and continue to send 40+ emails with no more than the automated reply that the message was received in return. There were multiple other details and issues (being told kmisinformation and waiting at airports only to find out the baggage was in fact still lost). But the biggest issue is Air Berlin's failure to respond to any messages or any emails-we have looked and tried multiple emails with no response.
RouteNew York to Rome via Dusseldorf
Date FlownJuly 2017

"trip was the worst out of all"

Verified Review | Boston to Munich via Dusseldorf. This trip was the worst out of all and I was very disappointed with Air Berlin. I was traveling with one other person and her bag was lost and not returned for another week after it was found. She tried to call the company multiple times and it was nearly impossible to get a hold of someone to talk to. The flight attendants on our flight were also downright rude. I am a very easy going person and not much bothers me but they way they spoke to us and handled any problems was highly unprofessional. Trying to board the plane alone was an absolute mess. I would not recommend this airline to anyone looking to fly to Europe.
RouteBoston to Munich via Dusseldorf