Air Berlin

"trip was the worst out of all"

Verified Review | Boston to Munich via Dusseldorf. This trip was the worst out of all and I was very disappointed with Air Berlin. I was traveling with one other person and her bag was lost and not returned for another week after it was found. She tried to call the company multiple times and it was nearly impossible to get a hold of someone to talk to. The flight attendants on our flight were also downright rude. I am a very easy going person and not much bothers me but they way they spoke to us and handled any problems was highly unprofessional. Trying to board the plane alone was an absolute mess. I would not recommend this airline to anyone looking to fly to Europe.
RouteBoston to Munich via Dusseldorf
Date FlownJuly 2017

"seats are cramped to the limit"

(Austria)

Verified Review | Flying from VIE to Westerland, Sylt your options are limited as Air Berlin is the only airline with an acceptable layover. As a Star Alliance Gold member I would clearly prefer LH but the routing would require a overnight stay in MUC - so not a plausible alternative. Well, the routing is the only positive thing about AB - everything else is dreadful. The seats are cramped to the limit, the service is no-frill and literally non-existent, the staff lack friendliness and experience, etc. This was definitely my last attempt on AB. The next time I would rather take the train from Hamburg.
AircraftA320, Dash 400
RouteVienna to Sylt via Dusseldorf
Date FlownAugust 2017

"I was really pleasantly surprised"

Verified Review | This was the first trip I tried Air Berlin's (then) new business class service for Europe. I was really pleasantly surprised. This is in my view a much better product than LH or the likes offer. I like that you can get any food or snacks you want from their trolley at no extra charge. This is much better than getting a pre-set tray with food you have no idea what it is. Air Berlin also had very nice hot towels. Their staff really like what they do. The only minus is that they are expensive.
RouteCopenhagen to Berlin
Date FlownOctober 2016

"an average budget carrier"

Verified Review | This is an average budget carrier, and certainly not anything close to a full service airline. Flight to Milan was approximately 30 minutes late leaving Berlin, not even water was offered for free while inflight (would have preferred free water to the chocolate heart they offer upon existing the aircraft), and the luggage took painfully long to reach the belt on arrival. I would consider them again if the ticket is cheap and the duration of the flight is short.
RouteBerlin to Milan

"Worst airline ever"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | Berlin to Copenhagen. Worst airline ever. They just lost me and my friend as customers! We booked (two fairly expansive tickets, 390€) 3 months ago and when we came to the check in we are told we are on stand by due to overbooking. We didn't get any information before hand. Not any texts or emails. We were randomly picked and we were not the last ones to check in, we were actually early. I don't know why they chose us because the man behind the desk didn't answer any of our questions and he was rude and just wanted to get rid of us. So now we're sittning here at Tegel Airport and we have to wait 5 hours until the next flight leaves. Great times.
RouteBerlin to Copenhagen
Date FlownJuly 2017

"Quality was decent for a budget carrier"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Berlin to Copenhagen on an Airbus A320. Quality was decent for a budget carrier. Check-in staff did the job, but the counters of Air Berlin on TXL were understaffed. There were issues with getting the aircraft prepared on time. The aircraft was bare and just "the norm." Seats were alright for the short flight. There was no cabin service or beverages, but given that this was a short haul flight on a budget carrier it was understandable. Recommended only if you are really on a budget. I would take SAS if I was to do this again.
RouteBerlin to Copenhagen
Date FlownJuly 2017

"do not offer good quality"

Verified Review | Air Berlin is by far the worst airline I have ever flown on. They are always delayed, and for my flight from Berlin to Vienna they didn't even post it on the screens. I can't think of any positive over other airlines. They are not the cheapest and do not offer good quality. This airline fails on every aspect of being an airline. Will never fly with them again.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteBerlin to Vienna
Date FlownJuly 2017

"try to use German Airlines but AB is a shame"

Verified Review | Flew Berlin to Munich. Delays and problems with handling luggage is not addressed here since this might be an issue of the airports. Nevertheless it is unbelievable what Air Berlin delivers to its customers. 1) The system delivers a seat which cannot be changed - if you are about 6'3" it's a real pleasure to have a middle seat. 2) Air Berlin might have economic problems but that does not mean they must give cheapen their "customer-relationship". I am German and so try to use German Airlines but AB is a shame.
RouteBerlin to Munich

"these guys are a joke"

Verified Review | Berlin Tegel to Prague. Never ever will I fly with Air Berlin again, everything seemed nice and smooth from the check in to checking in our baggage but once we landed and we went to collect our checked in baggage we where hit with a shock! Half the flight was missing their baggage (mind you this aircraft had only 70 people on board) ground crew in the Prague told us they always do this and were not surprised. They believe that the bags were still in Berlin and sometimes take weeks to arrive. Now I understand these things happen so I left it and waited no one ever gets in touch with you, I tried emailing ofcourse there was no response. Tried calling the numbers on the website of course they didn't exist. You are better off catching trains around Europe or find proper a airline because these guys are a joke!
RouteBerlin Tegel to Prague

"all very confusing"

(Poland)

Verified Review | Vienna to Krakow via Berlin Tegel. One week. 4 Air Berlin flights, 3 delayed and to close the story a lost luggage for 26 hours. You book Air Berlin, but you fly Alitalia, where they speak Italian in a route between Vienna and Berlin. Or worse you fly with Air One, which supposedly ceased operations in 2014. It's all very confusing. The phones lines both Air Berlin and Berlin Tegel airport are not available all day. Nobody is answering your emails and you don't receive information where or when your luggage will be delivered. Bad, bad, bad.
RouteVienna to Krakow via Berlin Tegel