WOW air Passenger Reviews and WOW air Customer Trip Reports

WOW air customer review :  6 May 2015 by M MacIntosh (USA)

Traveled from Copenhagen to Boston. WOW Airlines offer a good route for a very reasonable rate. I appreciate what the airline is trying to accomplish, by offering discount rates across the Atlantic. But let's get real. For flights over 4-5 hours, comfort, entertainment and basic human needs are required. The aircraft from Copenhagen to Reykjavik was pretty shabby but got us safely to our destination. The aircraft from Reykjavik to Boston was very new, however, the seating was uncomfortable (for a flight of that length), there was no entertainment and of course, the food and refreshments were not free. Not even water. On both legs, the inflight staff did not seem very happy, just not very pleasant at all. Lastly, the customer service is troubling. There is very little opportunity to contact any service representative unless you are in the same time zone as Reykjavik. This makes it very difficult to make changes (after the 3 hour window closes) or cancellations to your purchases. The airline has potential and I expect they will work out the kinks. Unfortunately, until then, customers will bare the brunt of their mistakes. Overall, I guess you really do get what you pay for.

WOW air customer review :  28 April 2015 by R Tůmas (Iceland)

13 March, KEF-CDG, flight WW404. 5 April, CDG-KEF, flight WW405. Great prices if you can get a special advance purchase offer. Cabin crew efficient and friendly. No frills airline - you get what you pay for. This is fine for flights of 3 hours or less. Also note, most of their gates at airports are not actual gates, but landing on the runway with transfer by bus. This can take extra hassle and time to board and exit the plane. If you need any deal of extra customer service, expect nothing beyond standard email replies and frowns. Front desk agents not particularly happy to be there. As with all the low cost carriers, this company tries to squeeze revenue from extra carry on and normal baggage fees. Sometimes it is just worth paying the extra 50 EUR to have a pleasant purchase to plane exit experience.

WOW air customer review :  19 March 2015 by Carton Peter (Ireland)

Flight from Keflavik to LGW on 16th March 2015 was delayed by over 2.5 hours, should have left at 15.35 did not leave until around 18.20pm. Even though the flight was so late leaving I missed my connecting flight to Dublin with Ryanair by minutes (which was the last flight that night) so my wife and I had to book in to hotel overnight incurring extra expenses on accommodation and car parking fees etc. I believe we would have made that flight if we were not held up at boarding desk for about 10-15 minutes and also the rear door of the plane was not operational which caused further delays the overall experience was stressful and would have to think long and hard about traveling with WOW AIR the next time even though I understand they are starting direct flights to Dublin next June.

WOW air customer review :  24 February 2015 by A Chinnery (UK)

WOW Air is a ok low cost airline and with some improvements (online check in, boarding) would be a good efficient airline like easy jet but with a better cabin. The flights where dirt cheap at £300 for 3 people with 1 bag and reserved seats. Flight WW206, 16/2/15. LGW-KEF. Aircraft:TF-WOW. Check in opened at 16.10 for the 19.40 flight. It was quick and there where 3 check in staff. The flight was nearly full today which shows they are doing well. We have reserved seats which we did get and they did acknowledge that when we booked we had the 12kg hand luggage allowance. Boarding opened at 18.40 for the 19.40 flight and we went immediately to the gate. Boarding was chaotic as they where boarding in rows and people didn't listen causing delays. It was painful and needs to be improved lot be like the procedure at KEF. We pushed back at 20.00 (late) and we were off at 20.15. The flight was good with comfy seats with recline. The buy on board was cheap in comparison with Ryanair and the crew where professional but chatty (a good balance). We landed at 23.10 in a blizzard. KEF was unprepared and we had to wait for 2 0mins to attach the jetway. Baggage was also slow but this wasn't wow's fault. Good flight but poor ground services all in all. Flight WW201, 20/2/15. LGW-KEF. Aircraft TF-WOW. Check in opened at 04.45 for all the morning flights (06.50-07.00-07.15). (Ours was at 07.00). Check in was quick and there were 5 staff for 3 flights which was OK. Our flight was also again nearly full. KEF airport is a good airport in terms of departures. We went to the gate at 06.00 and the gate area opened at 06.20. Boarding began at 06.30 and they just let everyone one which was easier. This time the plane was bang on time for pushback at 07.00 and was up at 07.07. The flight was yet again good with a cheap buy on board and yet again a drinks round and a tea or coffee round which is good in comparison with easy jet. The plane landed at 09.40 (15mins early) and we were off at 09.50, baggage handling however needs to be faster. No entertainment was available. WOW air needs to add online check in and enhance the boarding experience at LGW before I can say it's a decent 3 star airline.

WOW air customer review :  24 February 2015 by A Chinnery (UK)

WW206, LGW-KEF. From our first flight; I gather that Wow air is a semi decent low cost airline that requires improvement. Check in opened 3hours and 30 mins before and a new hand luggage allowance has been out in place meaning passengers where getting nervous if the there bags would be fine. Wow air fail to provide online check in making it less of an attractive option. On today's flight wow air where 20mins late arriving and boarding was chaotic. They boarded in rows but nobody listened. We took off 35 mins late and the inflight experience was the same as easyjet. We saw the northern lights which was a plus but doesn't affect the airline's performance. The flight landed 20mins late in a blizzard but the pilot did a good job and landed smoothly. The crew where chatty but professional. Once arriving in KEF the jetway failed to attach on several attempts and we waited for 30mins before we could get off. Even worse we had to wait for another 30mins for our luggage meaning we left KEF at 00.25 instead of 23.30 not good. WOW AIR need improvement to its ground services before I can recommend it. However our return expirence may be better if not in a blizzard. The inflight was average for low cost travel.

WOW air customer review :  18 February 2015 by Philip Thompson (UK)

Flew from Reykjavik to Gatwick on A320, 11/2/2015. First class service, friendly polite crew, very attentive to passengers and all crew were happy. Flew with Icelandair to Reykjavik, much prefer Wow Air.

WOW air customer review :  21 January 2015 by G Gunnarsson (Iceland)

On WOW web page they promises to do things with their WOW factor ("we're fun, free, and love smiling"). However when you get to the gate you see nothing of this WOW factor unless it also includes rude and threatening. When we flew they were systematically threatening passengers that they must pay an extra $80 because they had a side purse or a laptop unless they could make them disappear into other hand luggage. I have never seen as many annoyed and dissatisfied passengers enter a plane. What a pleasant way to start the trip! On our flight we were very close to the front and this meant we entered the plane last. Since check-in luggage is very expensive, everyone is taking hand luggage. This meant that when we finally got on the plane there was no space to put our luggage so the staff took it and put it somewhere in the back. Then when the plane landed we had to wait for every single passenger to exit the plane before even attempting to find our bags.

WOW air customer review :  5 January 2015 by G Hanna (Ireland)

Staff looked classy! Flew KEF-LGW and they were excellent, really took good care of passengers. Good space seats, pilot information about every part of the journey, movie! Prices was 3 times cheaper then Ryanair. One minus is poor menu, all I could have was a ham and cheese sandwich.

WOW air customer review :  29 April 2014 by R Mackay (UK)

Flew KEF-LGW onboard a Bulgarian Air via A320. Their branding is excellent, with funny, quirky posters and comments throughout KEF airport and onboard, however I found there to be very little substance behind this, and I certainly wasn't 'wowed'. The crew, although professional, didn't seem interested in their job, and the onboard cafe offering was poor and very limited. I was surprised that a film was shown during the flight, however there were no headphones available, and I doubt many people carry a pair of two-prong headphones with them. I also found the seats on the surprisingly newish aircraft, to be rather old fashioned and uncomfortable for a 3+ hour flight. Overall not a bad airline, however found Icelandair to be far superior for very little difference in price.

WOW air customer review :  12 February 2014 by Tracey Kelly (UK)

Flew to Reykjavik, flight numbers: X9202 and X9205. Flew for the first time with WOW air on Monday Feb 3rd. Staff were excellent, very funny doing the safety check and throughout the journey. Had booked extra seat room and that was great. Came back on Sunday 9th, different staff but just as lovely. Will use again.

WOW air customer review :  10 February 2014 by Kunwar Singh (UK)

Brilliant staff, very helpful, lovely plane and clean. Both staff at Keflavik airport and at Gatwick helped us. We travelled on 3 Feb 2014, 11.15 am from Gatwick and back from Keflavik on 6th Feb at 15.35.

WOW air customer review :  7 February 2014 by C Mearing (UK)

We flew from LGW Gatwick to KEF Reykjavik in Feb 2014 and were very impressed. Staff were friendly and reassuring, professional and funny! Flight was bumpy due to high winds but no problem for the newish A320s. Food and drink fine. Flights left and arrived on time, both ways. Usually fly Easyjet but wish WOW had more services worldwide - I'd go with them!

WOW air customer review :  31 January 2014 by J Harverson (UK)

Flew to Reykjavik on WW202 on 19 Jan and was pleasantly surprised. Stewardesses looked like they did 40 years ago very smart and very professional and with a sense of humour. Return was WW205 on 23 Jan, both landings were superb, we are quick to complain but credit is due to all the staff involved on both flights. Would definitely fly with them again.

WOW air customer review :  22 January 2014 by Mathew Smith (UK)

Flew LGW-KEF return just before Christmas. Flights were on time. There was a good choice of food and drink on the plane along with some good deals - much cheaper than Iceland itself. The cabin crew were excellent - friendly and helpful. We flew back to LGW during a heavy storm and the flight landed safely despite heavy wind and rain. A lot of other flights were cancelled or diverted. Overall a very good experience. WOW do not feel like a low cost carrier although legroom could be a bit better.

WOW air customer review :  3 December 2013 by L Spring (UK)

Wow is one of the friendliest airlines I have ever flown with. Everything was straight forward from the check in to the flight itself. I have never experienced such friendly and up beat staff for the whole flight. It really doesn't feel like a low cost airline!

WOW air customer review :  15 November 2013 by R Harrison (UK)

LGW-KEF, 8-13 Oct. Quick check-in, had pre-booked seats. Slow boarding due to large numbers of cabin baggage needing to be stored but flight departure on time. A320, cramped seating but typical of a low cost airline, friendly and helpful staff and early arrival into KEF. Baggage off quickly. On return check-in slower, pre-booked seats were not honoured, staff very strict over hand baggage. Messy boarding and slightly late departure. Again onboard staff extremely friendly and helpful, however little to no announcement from flight deck throughout. On time arrival into LGW and baggage off quickly. For the price was impressed, however online check-in is needed.

WOW air customer review :  11 October 2013 by M Gillooly (Ireland)

I travelled from Reykjavik to Dublin recently and it proved to be one of the most pleasant, enjoyable and entertaining flights I have taken. Our good fortune was to encounter a wonderful crew with a fantastic sense of humour, in particular the air hostess who made all announcements. There was a spontaneous round of applause when she completed the safety announcements - I think it was the first time I ever actually listened to them - she was so funny and entertaining. She received her second round of applause when we landed - again a wonderful commentary on weather temperatures etc.It proves flights can be entertaining, pleasant and enjoyable - and at no extra cost. I would definitely fly with Wow again.

WOW air customer review :  17 September 2013 by M Zmu (Poland)

SXF-KEF-SXF, both flights on board of the same A320 in WOW livery (LZ-WOW). Aircraft was in a very good condition, clean and comfy seats, leg room quite good for a low cost carrier. Both flights on time, smooth boarding, quite fast check in. Flight attendants very nice and helpful. Funny safety demonstration included. Very nice experience overall, I'd say it's a very good value for money. I would definitely fly with them again.

WOW air customer review :  11 September 2013 by A Lanz (UK)

LGW-KEF-LGW over the August bank holiday weekend. I was rather sceptical when booking as I have never heard of the airline but was positively surprised by the experience considering the are marketing themselves as a LCC. I had to rebook my flight back and they obviously charged a (reasonable) rebooking fee plus fare difference but it was a easy, simple process. Check-In at LGW was smooth and without any issues. My friend checked in about half an hour earlier but they kept a seat free next to him until I checked in, which was great. Obviously, being a LCC there's only buy on board stuff, but crew was incredibly friendly, funny and efficient. Oh and there's inflight entertainment showing a movie on the overhead screens. The A320 was leased from Air Bulgaria and still had their saftey card in the seat pocket but it was clean and quite comfortable with decent pitch and seat recline (contrary to other LCCs where it's more of a chicken farm experience). On the way back, because there were 3 flights leaving roughly at the same time, the queue was quite long but again check-in staff was efficient and friendly. Flight uneventful, crew friendly and both flights on time arriving slightly early. I would definitively fly them again.

WOW air customer review :  8 July 2013 by M Hartt (UK)

LGW-KEF-LGW this past week. Two totally different experiences. This one covers the outbound LGW-KEF, will do separate one for KEF-LGW. Outbound LGW-KEF was on a nearly new Airbus A320 that was on loan from Air VIA but painted in WOW Air livery. Flight attendants were very friendly, witty, and generally fitting of the attitude that WOW Air wants. Check-in at Gatwick was a bit slow, mainly because the four agents were weighing most hand luggage to ensure it was under the 10kg requirement. Onboard food seemed fine - had a ham and cheese baguette that was hot and tasty. Prices seemed reasonable. They had some good beer specials going and were more than happy to promote them! Overall experience was good - certainly better than anything I've experienced on RyanAir or EasyJet. The price was far better than Icelandair for my travel dates. Biggest disappointment is the lack of online check-in.

WOW air customer review :  8 July 2013 by M Hartt (UK)

KEF-LGW return. Totally different experience than the (very enjoyable) outbound. My flight was on a very old (25+ years) MD-83 owned by SwiftAir, a Spanish charter airline with some scheduled service I believe. In all my years of flying, I don't think I've ever been on a plane in worse condition inside. Ripped carpet, tons of places where serious scrapes and dents had been painted over, shabby seats, loose interior panels and just a general level of dirt and grime, etc. It was a huge contrast to the nearly new A320 on my outbound and really does a disservice to WOW Air, because it felt entirely bargain-basement. Crew was half-WOW Air and half-Spanish, and the Spanish side was fine but rather brusque. No in-flight entertainment. Check-in was pretty slow - about 100 people in line, maybe 8 agents. They moved quickly but still a fair bit of waiting. I'd recommend WOW Air as I'm sure that this plane won't be around long. I'd certainly think about avoiding them if more of these MD-80s are going to be part of their fleet on a regular basis.

WOW air customer review :  21 March 2013 by Mike Causer (UK)

Flew London Gatwick - Reykjavik return on 15/17 March. Both flights on time - smart clean planes - Avion Express livery. Crew smart and attentive. Image was welcoming with a humorous touch. Check-in good at both airports for a budget airline. Upgrade prices for extra legroom seats were good value. On board prices and selection reasonable. As part of a WOW package including tours it was well organised and good value for money. Would definitely fly WOW again.

WOW air customer review :  24 January 2013 by Halldorsson Sigmundur (Iceland)

Flew with this new entrant to the Icelandic market KEF-CPH. Despite the name, the experience was very much an average low cost experience. No online check-in, so long line in KEF for check-in. However, check-in staff in KEF did a good job and with plenty of counters it was a relatively painless experience. Not direct ramp boarding. So you'll get to experience the 'fine' weather in Iceland first hand. Flight was operated by Air Via from Bulgaria. Excellent operation and plane in great condition. If Wow continues their co-operation with Air Via I have no hesitation in flying them again. Service on board exactly what I expected from a low cost. The usual assortment available for sale. Crew was a mix of Wow staff and Air Via staff, but I was happy with both the attention we got and attitude of the crew. It's worth a try, but ok might fit better than wow.

WOW air customer review :  10 January 2013 by N Holdsworth (UK)

Second time on WOW, LGW to KEF 21st December. Slight delay and long queues at check in (possibly caused by lots of passengers arriving very early for a later flight). Inflight experience excellent - comfortable seats, great crew, reasonable prices. I would have no hesitation in flying WOW again but will be watching their on time record closely.

WOW air customer review :  23 December 2012 by Michael Shoesmith (UK)

7th December 2012, LGW-KEF. Iceland Express and Wow have merged now. Smooth check-in, smooth flight, very quiet engine noise planes and the staff seem polite and efficient. The planes are very new and spotlessly clean apart from some chewing gum in my inflight magazine. There is no flight entertainment, but you do get a screen which tells you about your flight routing which was a nice change for a budget airline - actually I was impressed! Prices for food and drink are reasonable for an Icelandic franchise. I will definitely travel with them again!

WOW air customer review :  24 October 2012 by N Holdsworth (UK)

London Stansted to Reykjavik earlier this summer. Very impressed by the crew and interior of the plane, and the seats were very comfortable. The flights have now switched (at very short notice) to 1x per week from Gatwick. Overall a very new company, but a good experience.