PAGE loading ... please wait!

Volaris Passenger Reviews and Volaris Customer Trip Reports

No Ranking Awarded

Add your Volaris Review

Volaris Unclassified Star Ranking

Volaris
8.7 out of 10  8.7 out of 10

VOLARIS Customer review :  28 March 2014 by M Corral    (USA)

I had paid for a round-trip ticket with no stops from Tijuana to Cancun, but when it came time to get on the flight it was a totally different story. Instead of getting straight to Cancun from Tijuana we had to have a layover in Mexico City for 2 hours on our way to Cancun and on our way back from Cancun. I had originally purchased my tickets ahead of time and specifically asked that it have no stops. When it came down to getting my tickets from the kiosk I saw that I had a layover. The company had changed my flight, without my knowledge.

VOLARIS Customer review :  22 January 2014 by J Helssen    (Canada)

Just completed a domestic round trip from Los Cabos to Mexico City. Starting out, the flight was 5 hours late, because of "weather in Guadalahara". On the way back, a 2 hour delay, no reasons given! They have your email address, but don't bother to contact you. They try to sell you extra luggage options, seat selection, checking in at the counter, 30 pesos ($2.60) per person, extra leg room and god knows what. No free cookies, pretzels, nothing! A glass of water or a coffee is 25 pesos ($2.00). I bought a bottle of water at the airport, but was afraid to ask for a plastic glass. Not a good experience!

VOLARIS Customer review :  9 January 2014 by L Olay    (USA)

My flight from GDL to SJC was cancelled last minute without a reason. The agents were rude and took hours to try to reschedule me on another flight only to tell me they could not place me on a flight till 4 days later! A day before the flight I called to confirm and was told my new reservation was only from GDL to LAX not SJC. It took me hours to get them to secure me a flight for the remainder of the way. They secured a flight for me from LAX to SJ with a different airline because after 4 days they still could not accommodate me on one of their flights. To top it off the other airline charged me for my luggage which I had already paid with Volaris. A horrible experience.

VOLARIS Customer review :  31 December 2013 by S Kozak    (Australia)

Flew ORD to MEX. The fare was incredibly cheap and after reading the other reviews I was prepared for the worst. In the event, I found these things to be completely satisfactory: online check-in, bag drop, departure and arrival times, seat comfort, baggage collection time and email updates from the airline. However, the inflight service was decidedly substandard. When handing out the migration forms, the cabin attendant looked at us only to hand them out to other rows. Worse still was the refreshment situation. Typical with low cost carriers, food and drink had to be purchased. What came as a surprise was that payment was limited to pesos in cash. Not having Mexican currency we endured the 4 hour flight without so much as a complimentary glass of water! Now that I know what to expect, I would fly them again but only if the flight was cheap.

VOLARIS Customer review :  25 December 2013 by Juan Miranda    (USA)

We flew from SJC to GDL on Volaris flight 931 and from GDL to MEX on flight 743. Both flights delayed. First one almost two hours, second one by more than three hours. Its normal to go through delays what is not normal is how this airline treat their clients. They don't provide accurate information and they keep delaying the flight by 20 min when they are well aware that the flight won't take off for hours. They forced us to stay by the gate without dinner and arriving to Mexico City 2.35am. Both their ground and air personnel have no clue how to provide an adequate service to their clients. If you have an option to fly with another carrier, take another carrier. This is among the worst airline I have encountered.

VOLARIS Customer review :  21 December 2013 by Carlos Azucena    (Canada)

I have been living in Canada for 6 years, and as every year I visit my family in Mexico City for the holidays. We decided to go to Puerto Vallarta this year. We purchased a ticket with this awful company 4 months before. The flight was moved from 9.30am to 5.45am 3 weeks before with no previous advice (no email, no phone call, no nothing). Of course all tickets were twice the price by that time with any other airline. They don't even apologize. We get to the plane, the flight is late, and they charge for everything in flight, even a glass of water. Never flying with them again.

VOLARIS Customer review :  12 December 2013 by S Nakah    (USA)

Mexico City to Denver. Flight #982, December 10th 2013. By far the worst airline of all times! I am not the only one that this has happened to which is unbelievable. Here it is: if they don't have enough people to fill up an entire aircraft they will cancel the entire flight. And they only have 1 flight per day. My wife and my 1 year old daughter are stuck in Mexico City. No notice, no refund, nothing. Zero customer service!

VOLARIS Customer review :  25 November 2013 by Gordon Godfrey    (Mexico)

Mexico City to Cancun. They changed my flights without any notification. I happened to check my reservation online and found the change. They had no explanation for why I was not notified. The 6 other travelers in our party had the same problem. Offered me a 10% voucher on my next flight, which will never happen. Much better options out there.

VOLARIS Customer review :  15 November 2013 by J Levin    (Mexico)

I have been travelling on Volaris for the past two years. My latest trip from La Paz, Mexico to Guadalajara, Mexico on the 7th of November was terrible. The airline changed their baggage allowance in mid October and on their website they give carry on dimensions that are wrong. My bag was an inch higher than their metal box that the carry on has to fit even though I had done the measurements before leaving on the trip. I was charged the equivalent of $25.00. I had also booked and paid for emergency row seats and was told that I hadn't booked them. Then I realized that they had given us someone else's boarding cards. When I spoke with an agent I was given my appropriate boarding cards without any apology at all. When I arrived in Guadalajara I complained to three different people about the baggage and boarding card issues and was informed that there was no supervisor on duty even though this was one of their hubs. This is an excellent airline for inexpensive fares if one books at least 3 months in advance but it is a terrible airline for customer service.

VOLARIS Customer review :  20 September 2013 by Angelica Sandoval    (USA)

Used this airline from Chicago (MDW) to Mexico city and I have to say it was pretty cramped but, as long as you avoid the aisle seat your good to go. I just wish Voris was also available in Houston, TX. I recently moved and I am frustrated that Volaris doesn't offer flights in Houston.

VOLARIS Customer review :  25 July 2013 by L Zarate    (USA)

Unacceptable experience in May on an LAX to Guadalajara flight. Chose Volaris because they had the lowest price. However, their strange new luggage policies negated any financial savings. You don't get to bring as many lbs onboard as with other airlines and they are incredibly strict about this requirement. We had 2 checked bags and 2 pieces of carry-on luggage which they insisted we re-balance until all 4 weighed exactly the same. They don't let you do this at the counter, so you have to get out of line and open your bags in the back of the terminal, move things around and then stand in line again. It took us 4 tries and 1.5 hours to actually check in the 2 bags and we barely had time to make it to the gate and board. Considering all 4 bags flew on the same airplane, it obviously wasn't a question of excess weight. When I priced return trip tickets, the additional baggage charges made their rates completely uncompetitive, and low prices were the only reason we had for flying Volaris.

VOLARIS Customer review :  1 July 2013 by C Mcqueen    (USA)

SFO to Guadalajara. They had the best price for a direct flight. Next time I will take another airline with better service because in the end with all their extra and hidden charges you will end up paying a high price for a horrible service and horrible flight. planes are packed like sardines and when you arrive in Mexico they off board you at the tarp, walking down a high flight of stairs from the plane all the time carrying your hand luggage and then they herd you like cattle onto a bus. Even though I paid extra for option to change my flight still they charged me an extra $200 dollars in fees and don't start me on the luggage allowance. Don't fly with this airline.

VOLARIS Customer review :  25 June 2013 by S Ericson    (USA)

LAX to Mexico City to Cancun, round trip. Staff at LAX, Mexico City and Cancun were very helpful and patient. FA's on each leg were kind and helpful. Boarding very fast and efficient, and they boarded according to rows, back to front. The seats were as comfortable as any other economy class airline. There is only economy class. The snacks were your choice of chips and drinks were free, not just soda and juice, but also beer and mix drinks. We were a party of 5 and we checked 5 bags and were all within the weight limit. Upon return, 1 bag got left in Mexico City at Customs, it was delivered to our home the following day. I was very sceptical about flying Volaris after reading so many negative reviews, however when you are a family of 5, I had to go with the most economic. I will not hesitate to fly Volaris again.

VOLARIS Customer review :  2 April 2013 by J Bacallado    (Spain)

TIJUANA-MEX, nearly 4 hour flight. At check in they charge for several things, also for a 19k bag - they say they have a 15k policy. Boarding ok, flight on time. FA's nice, they serve snack and drinks for free. Arrival on time, a little time waiting for bags.

VOLARIS Customer review :  19 March 2013 by Andre Franca    (Brazil)

MEX-LAP-GDL-MTY. They can be cheap if you are not flying with a lot of luggage, if you buy extra kilos the final price of your travel can double! Ground staff service is very basic, you must print your boarding pass at home to avoid a 20 pesos fee, the onboard service is very basic, flights are mostly on time, planes new, but not too many options of entertainment, a few audio channels, you also need to bring your earplugs as they do not provide them. Bottom line - an ultra low cost carrier.

VOLARIS Customer review :  12 March 2013 by Jose Luis Nunez    (Mexico)

On a flight from Mexico City (MEX) to Chicago (MDW), seats were not very comfortable and it was quite crammed. Flight was on-time. Baggage policy is only 15 kg per passenger for an international flight. Service on-board fine. Not a great low cost airline.

VOLARIS Customer review :  6 March 2013 by LaVon Collins    (USA)

I flew direct from Oakland, CA to Mexico. The worst part about the entire situation is there is no assigned seating which I was unaware of. I called Southwest (who I booked it through) to get assigned seats and they told me I would have to pay for them. So, I did because I wanted our family together. I realized the night before departure that I was the only one with assigned seats so I tried to call SW again and they routed me to Volaris. Their on ground customer service is horrible. Interestingly enough, once we got on the plane it wasn't too bad - flight attendants were nice enough, etc. I will not fly them again unless I am forced to.

VOLARIS Customer review :  5 March 2013 by N Camp    (USA)

Just took my third return flight to Guadalajara, Mexico on Volaris. Our most recent flight was LAS-GDL. Volaris makes no bones about being a low cost carrier but they do provide free cocktails and more than the normal number of snacks. Flight crew is well dressed and very attentive. They have recently revised baggage allowances but do offer fair pricing for additional baggage if you take the option when booking. Our only objection is the manner in which they physically search luggage prior to actual check in at the airport in Guadalajara. It is a tedious and time consuming process.

VOLARIS Customer review :  19 February 2013 by R Mendoza    (Mexico)

MDW-GDL. The crew were always available and glad to assist, female pilot was constantly making announcements of weather conditions on our route and reminding us to enjoy the flight. Being a 4 hour trip I was not surprised there was no food, but the snacks offered were sufficient, I even asked for a second round. The in flight entertainment was fine. Volaris is my airline of choice, they always depart on time, and usually arrive 10-15 minutes early to whatever the destination is. They constantly have very good promotions on their webpage. I recommend it.

VOLARIS Customer review :  6 February 2013 by E Nestel    (Mexico)

I just flew from MEX to LAS and I was very disappointed with the way Volaris has cramped additional rows of seats into its planes. If you are moderately tall you will suffer through the entire flight. There is absolutely no room for your legs, let alone using your laptop. I don't understand who at Volaris made the decision to add these extra seats, it used to be one of the most comfortable airlines in Mexico, now it is an airline that I would try to avoid whenever possible. In addition, and with no apparent real reason, they have reduced to 15 the number of kg you can carry on your suitcase. If you exceed the limit they charge you US$8 per additional kg. Volaris has put all of its effort in becoming the most uncomfortable and least friendly airline in Mexico.

VOLARIS Customer review :  5 February 2013 by G Newhouse    (USA)

I don't know what has happened to Volaris. Over the last 3 years they have gone from good to horrible. I started to fly LAX to UPN flights recently. The web-site is maddening when booking an international fight. Sometimes it works, sometimes it won't or asks you to call customer service. Warning - weigh your bags before you check-in. If you're one pound over, you get charged $50USD. The seat pitch is 28 inches or less. Even a 2 hour flight is uncomfortable because the seats recline too far. Each time I flew UPN they gave me the wrong customs forms. Everyone on all flights had to redo their customs documents! It might be a great place to work but they have young employees with poor training.

VOLARIS Customer review :  16 November 2012 by H Jarvi    (USA)

Very good carrier. They offer best connectivity available to/from direct destinations at their Tijuana hub, which I fly out most often. TIJ airport underwent a complete terminal renovation and expansion. One has to be careful, Immigration services are before Customs when departing, so make sure you get the tourist permit before checking in. I had printed my boarding pass online, asked if I could check-in at the express counter, and I did, boarding is very simple: people with online-printed passes board first, regardless of any other priority pass or so. Staff very nice, overall service is good, and they take pride on being very punctual (out of tens of flights I've taken, only 1 has been delayed). They have a modern fleet, and planes are neat. Entertainment wasn't bad, though they keep airing the same shows from 6 months ago. When flying into TIJ, always take your passport: both domestic and international arriving passengers go through passport control. Apparently, the airport treats everyone as international passengers, as I mentioned above, both departing or arriving, one has to undergo customs and passport control.

VOLARIS customer review :  31 August 2012 by A Valdivia   (USA)

Had to take an unplanned flight with 30 family members to ZAC (Zacatecas) from TIJ (Tijuana). Tijuana International Airport is very nice. Security is pretty stringent. They have a couple of check points with army officers. Check in was not the best but we made it on the plane on time. The plane was an A320. Clean. On- board staff nice. They handed out alcohol, soda, water, and chips. The flight was smooth and arrived at ZAC on time. Check in on the return flight from ZAC to TIJ was not good. They apparently sell some sort of fast pass check in which delayed those that did not want to pay for that service by about an hour as they got first priority. We made it on a packed plane. Flight crew was great. Arrived on time. I would fly them again. They are very reasonably priced and offer great service.

VOLARIS customer review :  18 June 2012 by Tim Wells   (Germany)

MEX to CUN. The behaviour of Volaris staff especially was the most disgusting I have experienced from any airline staff anywhere in the world. They deliberately placed me on the Volaris flight knowing full well the situation and consequences of that action. They knew full well I would miss my onward flight and that no arrangements were made for my onward journey. I was just passed on by them to Cancun despite their assurances and despite them knowing the consequences.

VOLARIS customer review :  19 May 2012 by Filip Maciagowski   (Poland)

Very good price! (254 USD for 4 flights on route Oakland-Mexico City-Cancun). Very nice new planes. They offer free luggage, snacks, drinks and alcohol. Very nice, helpful cabin crew. One minus - they cancelled one of my flights and changed it for another one (without my approval) and then didn't inform me about it.

VOLARIS customer review :  11 May 2012 by Jose Alves   (USA)

Good pricing structure, especially when ticket is purchased during their frequent promotions. Service overall is good, especially onboard. Ground personnel leaves a lot to be desired, especially at boarding when all announcements are made without the aid of a loud speaker and in Spanish only. There is no respect for anyone needing special assistance with prior boarding. Boarding is divided into 2 groups, electronic check-in and boarding passes. Additionally, depending on the airport, higher numbers may be boarded through the rear of the aircraft through a different gate. More attention needs to be given by the gate crew to the client. Be aware, that your carry on luggage may be taken from you and checked in without any rime or reason. Airplanes are clean and onboard simple and efficient. Seating is extremely tight. Don't bother opening the tray on the seat back. Their on time departure and arrival is very good. Volaris can be a good experience as long as travel is aware of the pitfalls.

VOLARIS customer review :  14 April 2012 by Christina Wickman   (USA)

La Paz to Tijuana. They took our carry-ons at the door in La Paz, telling us overhead bins were full and offered to check our bags into the hold. We boarded believing our carry-on bags were safe. However, when we arrived in TJ, our carry-on bags were not on the carousel. Volaris luggage office advised that our carry-ons were overweight and were still in La Paz. We would have to pay $1,650 pesos for them to be sent to TJ. When we contacted Volaris the following day, the best offered was to "reduce the fee to $1,100.00 pesos and send carry-ons to San Diego International." We evaluated our options and concluded that we were going to have to pay the extortion demand. We strongly suggest you do not allow them to check-in your carry-ons.

VOLARIS customer review :  7 March 2012 by G Kohen   (USA)

Tijuana to Guadalajara. TJ airport new and spotless. Check-in crew very friendly, plane new and very comfortable. Offered two drinks rounds and snack services on a 2.5 hr flight. Crew friendly. Look forward to flying them again.

VOLARIS customer review :  17 November 2011 by P White   (USA)

TIJ-MEX-GDL-TIJ roundtrip. Volaris gives you 72 hours ahead of the flight for on-line check-in and boarding pass, a great advantage. For some reason they've changed the seats on their planes, from TIJ-MEX there was no leg room at all, and the seats did not recline (they weren't broken, they simply had no recline button). The most uncomfortable flight I have ever been on. A real change from the Volaris of a year ago, which was always comfortable if not fancy. The same coming back (MEX-GDL-TIJ), passengers are wedged in, making a 3 hour flight feel endless. Good price, but if you're over five feet six inches tall, do not fly Volaris!

VOLARIS customer review :  14 January 2010 by G Pierce   (USA)

TIJ-OAX round trip. Check in at Tijuana airport was a nightmare, both securing the tourist visa and airline check-in. Volaris had only 1 line for each of 5 outbound flights, each station manned by only 1 agent. The agent handling check in for Oaxaca was so slow we nearly missed the flight. The plane was clean and comfortable, the pilots and crew efficient, friendly, very professional and bi-lingual. Return flight was smooth from check-in to landing. Both flights departed and arrived on-time. Beverage service and packaged Mexican snacks were only food options. All baggage for our group of 6 arrived at both destinations with no damage.

VOLARIS customer review :  3 September 2009 by C Pratt   (USA)

TIJ-MLM using the Volaris Shuttle Service from downtown San Diego. All Volaris staff were friendly and helpful. The aircraft was new, with comfortable leather seats and just enough room for taller passengers. Staff served free drinks (even alcohol!) and a selection of chips - much better service than you'd expect given the price you paid for the flights. No delays on either inbound or outbound flight.

VOLARIS review : 9 November 2007 by B Hübbe   (Mexico)

PBC-CUN on a so called LC-carrier. A319 to Cancun we left on time, no queue at check-in, excellent service with drinks but only chips. Return again on time and the A319 was 2 weeks old. Helpful FA and good security feeling.