United Airlines Passenger Reviews and United Airlines Customer Trip Reports

a World 3-Star Airline

a World 3-Star Airline

United Airlines
3.0 Star Rating: Fair

United Airlines Customer review :  23 May 2015 by T Piprek    (Canada)

I had booked a trip to Hong Kong through Flight Network. on the way there (14 hour flight) the plane did not have any entertainment units or even a plug in for a laptop. On our way back we were to go from Hong Kong to San Francisco, and then from San Francisco to Edmonton. United Airlines had switched the connecting flight to go through Chicago instead of San Francisco which I only found out when checking in on our departure day. The attendant at the United desk was unable to provide an explanation as to why the connection was switched and was basically of no help. This ended up amounting to a 9 hour delay and me missing a day at work.

United Airlines Customer review :  23 May 2015 by J Wallace    (USA)

Recently flew from West Palm Beach to Austin, VIA Houston. The flight from Houston to Austin was on a brand new regional jet with nine first class seats. Unfortunately, several sensors were showing and everyone needed to exit the plane. Within 30 minutes another new regional plane with the same configuration was waiting a few gates away and the plane was only 45 minutes late getting into Austin. Good job, United. Unfortunately, returning was a different story. I arrived at the Austin airport several hours early and inquired about an earlier flight to Houston. I was told that there had been no late flights all day. The plane arrived in Austin late and by the time I boarded, it was 30 minutes late. Then it began raining in Houston so the plane had to wait another 20 minutes in Austin. By the time the plane arrived in Houston, my flight to West Palm Beach had left and it was the last flight of the day. Most passengers on the full A319 flying east had to find a hotel for the night at their own expense because United is not responsible for weather related delays and it is usually raining somewhere where United flies. The next afternoon I was on an old regional plane with no first class seats to West Palm Beach.

United Airlines Customer review :  21 May 2015 by John Shopland    (UK)

Just returned from a round trip from London to Washington, then New York, San Francisco and finally Cancun and return. We experienced no problems at all. All flights on time, good seat width and legroom, food good and friendly staff. On some of the flights there was no inflight entertainment but it wasn't really a problem.

United Airlines Customer review :  21 May 2015 by Peter Thall    (USA)

UA 1001, IAH-FLL, March 13 2015. UA 54, Newark-Paris, April 11 2015. UA 55, Paris-Newark, April 18 2015. After United bought Continental, everything went downhill. Flights were delayed or cancelled, they routinely have mechanical problems with their planes, their flight crews have gotten worse and worse to the point that they often are just plain abusive, their overseas business class is terrible, and their ground crews are incompetent, dishonest, and often nasty. Unfortunately, they have so many direct routes that you are stuck either flying United or taking another airline with a stop midway through your flight. If you have frequent flier miles with them, good luck. You can almost never use your miles when you want to travel over the holidays, or they charge some exorbitant number of miles. And now your miles will expire if you don't continue to fly with these people. United Airlines is a nightmare.

United Airlines Customer review :  21 May 2015 by Mumtaz Yasmin    (USA)

My husband and I travelled from Newark, NJ to Dubai with a stop over at Washington-Dulles. Newark flight was delayed and our Washington Dulles connection was missed. It took from 10 pm to 12.30 am to get to a customer service agent at Washington-Dulles where we stood in line for two and a half hours. Agents took an average of 15 to 20 minutes per customer.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 May 2015 by M Park    (USA)

UA 895, 4/11/15, UA 99, 5/2/15. In my job, I average 175k miles of travel a year, primarily with UA and their Star Alliance partners. As a 1K, I enjoy personalized attention with UA such as automatic rebooking on cancelled flights or missed connections. I fly coach but with my status I frequently get upgrades domestically. Although I'm qualified for 6 global upgades a year, that hasn't happened since 2010 when both my wife and SIL received Business Class seats MUC-ORD (prior to the merger with Continental). Unfortunate, but could be a sign of the health of the economy that those seats are being purchased. At any rate, I am very happy with the service I get from UA and even though I live near ORD, I have had very few cancellations or delays of significance flying in or out of Chicago. Prices are competitive and schedules are great, making it very easy to co-ordinate travel to Asia or Europe. While I fly Delta and SkyTeam partners occasionally, I will fly UA and partners if at all possible. Most recent travel was 747-400 ORD-HKG outbound to Taiwan, and MEL-LAX (787-9) and LAX-ORD (757) homebound.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 May 2015 by M Stockman    (USA)

United improbably informed us two days in advance that our flight from Albuquerque to Denver connecting to Minneapolis would most likely be delayed? Good to their word they got us to Denver an hour and a half late missing our connection, maintenance issues was the reason. We had managed to rebook our connection in Albuquerque the agent assuring us our luggage would remain in Denver. Now it's 10pm, no luggage, and waiting in line with approximately 400 people to get to one service desk. 2 Hours later we have a hotel voucher and nothing else, talked to some low level manager who couldn't understand why 2 full fare first class customers were upset, after all we got a free hotel room.

United Airlines Customer review :  14 May 2015 by C Davies    (Australia)

We recently flew the Dreamliner from Melbourne to LA with 3 of our sons. We have flown United before on the old 747's. the Dreamliner is just beautiful great inflight entertainment larger windows which you can control making it darker with the touch of a button very friendly and happy staff always makes the 14 hour flight a lot more pleasant. The food was really good and the beverages were a good selection, not too sure about paying for a beer when most other international airlines include that in the fare. Overall very happy to fly United for our family holiday's to America no delays whatsoever which is always great look forward to the next plane trip with United.

United Airlines Customer review :  14 May 2015 by Karen Jordan    (USA)

Flew from New Orleans to Frankfurt, Germany with a layover in Newark. Plane was an older 767-300. Plane was delayed, Food was cold and terrible, flight attendants were not friendly at all. On the way back, I flew Lufthansa and what a difference! It was a great flying experience! I've always flied United but from now on I will make sure I get a Lufthansa flight when traveling to Germany!

United Airlines Customer review :  13 May 2015 by Karen Sethi Walker    (USA)

I had the worst experience on United Airlines today. I was told I couldn't board the plane with my 4 month old infant because of weight restrictions on the plane. 6 people were told they couldn't board the plane, including myself and I found out that was based on our fares. I was penalized because I planned ahead and booked my ticket for less money. It doesn't matter that I started my trip hours earlier or that I connected and arrived to the gate on time. Some kind soul did try to volunteer their seat. I overhead the gate crew saying there was a mother and baby who should board next which was superseded by the supervisor who said full fares trump everything. I left my house at 4.45am to catch a flight to connect to Chicago so I could get to my destination in the shortest time possible with a sleeping baby. I am a frequent flier, a "MileagePlus Explorer" (which I pay for by having a premium credit card), yet here I am - the only person with a child on my plane-prevented from boarding because my $554 fare wasn't enough to get me my reserved seat. I am one irate customer and one irate mother - and I have to wait 7 hours with my baby for the next flight.

United Airlines Customer review :  12 May 2015 by Andrew Keyes    (USA)

Five of us flew from Palm Springs, CA to Philadelphia, PA. Our flight was cancelled due to weather in our connecting city, so we had to stay over an extra day, but United was helpful and upgraded us to premium economy. We had a great flight, friendly flight attendants, and got a great deal on ticket prices. I would recommend United Airlines.

United Airlines Customer review :  12 May 2015 by J Baron    (South Africa)

UA 937, I had not flown in a 767 in a long time and I travel a lot. The plane was old and dirty and the flight attendants were old and fat. They never smiled or greeted you - clearly hate their jobs. The announcements were like the ones you hear in school. Don't do this, ,don't do that - militant. I had booked a Swiss flight I thought. The inflight entertainment and food were very poor compared to other airlines. No water bottles given out just cups. Cheap. The toilets were smelly and there was no amenity kit you see in other airlines. United complains about the open skies but they could never compete with Emirates or Qatar with such old planes and unattractive staff.

United Airlines Customer review :  12 May 2015 by S Jenerson    (USA)

United Airlines is the worst airline I have flown with. After waiting an hour in line to check in I get to the counter and find out it was two late to board my flight. This was after getting up at 3 am in the morning just be sure I was there ahead of time. There is no excuse for their incompetence. They spent my valuable time chatting with one another amongst themselves at the counter and not warning anyone in line that there was a danger missing there flight or even showing effort to work faster. They did not attempt to even try make amends. Do not fly United out of Rochester NY they are the most unprofessional workers I have seen in this industry.

United Airlines Customer review :  12 May 2015 by J Fearn    (UK)

Recent flight from Hawaii to LA, 6 hours. Beverage offered when first boarded no other beverage or food offered through out the entire flight. Disgusted as over night flight and not even breakfast or tea or coffee. Stewards not particularly helpful or sociable. No audio or visual entertainment provided. No pillows onboard.

United Airlines Customer review :  9 May 2015 by Mark Collins    (USA)

I have grown to despise flying after an early love affair with travel in the early 80's. That said the flight I was on from Dublin IR to IAD on a United 757 was excellent. We were in premium economy which made a huge difference on a 7+ hour flight. We had two hot meals (full + snack), three full beverage services, and at least 3 or 4 juice/water services. I was dreading a narrow body long haul flight but United did it right. A most pleasant surprise in this age of travel misery.

United Airlines Customer review :  7 May 2015 by T L Wilson    (USA)

I booked our family of (3's) flight months in advance, all seats were requested together and I prefer sitting next to the window because it seems to help my severe motion sickness. Per experience, I usually allow a 90-120 min layover if I have a connecting flight, which if you fly out of Pittsburgh it is almost impossible to get straight through flights unless you fly Southwest where, unless you are a bouncer, you cannot get a window seat to save your life. The flight from Pittsburgh to Chicago was on 'mechanical delay'. The 'mechanical delay' was about 90 mins which meant we would not make our next flight out of Chicago to our scheduled event that evening. However, when we landed at O'Hare, we were unaware that several flights were being held because of our delay. I asked a United staff member at our departing gate about our flight and he said "it's departing in 3 minutes, you will not have time to make the flight". I went immediately to the Customer Service desk where many of my fellow passengers were congregating. While standing there, my party heard our names over the loud speaker to board our flight. One party is physically disabled. Unfortunately, we did not make the flight and we missed the first half of the event that evening. United should have contacted the gate to let them know we were on our way, should have made arrangements for a cart for the disabled passenger in order to get us there in a timely manner. This one simple communication act would have taken less than 1 minute.

United Airlines Customer review :  5 May 2015 by M Mejia    (Philippines)

SFO-IAH return. Both flights delayed for a variety of reasons. Air travel in the US is becoming such a hassle with rude and paranoid TSA, lesser flights, packed planes and crowded skies. Ground and air staff friendly and helpful. Free DirecTV as a result of the delays on both legs. I'd avoid flying if there was an alternative mode (perhaps the US should invest in a bullet train?). So frustrating.

United Airlines Customer review :  5 May 2015 by Cynthia Lee Sharer    (USA)

While traveling to Christchurch N.Z from Richland, WA. on Flight 833, April 23rd, we learned there were gale force winds and rain of up to 55 miles an hour around Sydney, Australia. We were forced to travel on to Melbourne where we waited on the tarmac for 2 hours until we knew whether we could disembark. It turned out that we did all go into the airport and then were given lunch vouchers. We waited 3-4 hours and then got back on our plane bound for Sydney. I checked to see if I could catch a flight from Melbourne to Christchurch, but was told by a UA attendant that there were no more flights to Christchurch from Melbourne, I was given a motel voucher for a night's stay and continued on to Christchurtch via NZ Airlines the next day. All in all everything was handled well, flight attendants gave extra cookies we were updated frequently about what was to transpire and I think all the passengers were happy that our safety was the most important thing to the crew.

United Airlines Customer review :  3 May 2015 by Andrew Callow    (USA)

Ditching United and my mileage credit card after this next flight finally departs. Pittsburgh to Newark in United flown by Republic. Last weeks 'maintenance' delay of 45mins should have been enough of a red flag, along with overhearing the air stewardess complaining to senior ground staff that did they really have to fly in such an old plane. Tonight sitting with another 'maintenance' delay of 2.5hrs+ on last flight of a Friday night to get home to family - would have been quicker for me to drive the 5.5hrs door to door. A leaving customer.

United Airlines Customer review :  2 May 2015 by Lucy Brown    (USA)

MCO-IAD, Flight 1731. IAD-MCO, Flight 1133. They are always delayed on flights then they ask customers if they are checking in any bags. They charge $25 if you say yes, however, if you take your luggage on the flight then they tell customers that it's free. This has delayed our flight several times and it's completely a rip-off! Not to mention that they changed our seats last min without notifying us until last min.

United Airlines Customer review :  2 May 2015 by H Castle    (USA)

SAN-ORD-BRU, AMS-IAH-SAN in economy plus. Flights on time, service friendly and professional, food decent, IFE good, planes clean and in good order, and baggage arrived with me. United even e-mailed to inform me of a 24 hour transportation strike upon my arrival in Brussels with an offer to change my trip with no fee. Nice, but wasn't necessary. No complaints.

United Airlines Customer review :  2 May 2015 by T LeGris    (USA)

We had a large group flying from all over the United States to Cancun for my daughters wedding. Every single person flying United had issues! My son's flight was cancelled due to no pilot. United then put him, his wife and 4 yr old son on another flight. They had to fly from San Diego to Washington DC then to Cancun, to make matters worse the weren't even seated near each other!!! How can they do that with a 4 yr old. I arrived at the airport 2.5 hours early and almost missed my flight because it took over 1.5 hrs just to check my bag and then was treated horribly. When we finally got on they plane the flight attendants were not friendly whatsoever and United in their ultimate wisdom decided that 7 meals would be sufficient for this 5hr 50 min flight. I fly at least 4-5 times a year and usually enjoy it. I will never fly United again. It was a nightmare.

United Airlines Customer review :  2 May 2015 by Rebecca Nelson    (Canada)

This is the second time I have flown United and it will be the last. The first time all the planes were late and we kept getting bumped to later flights. When we did arrive the luggage did not and it took four days to get the luggage. The second time I flew first class. After we checked in in Toronto we were put into a large area like cattle with no services and then lined up and herded through customs at the last minute so we were unable to get breakfast or buy magazines etc. one bag did not arrive with us but went to Newark instead of San Francisco. On the way home I was bumped to a different seat so I was no longer flying with my spouse and when I called I was told that is just how they roll and even in first class full fare seat booking are suggestions. In the future I will be flying Delta. We flew Delta last year and it was a much different experience.

United Airlines Customer review :  2 May 2015 by M Dawes    (UK)

UA1122, 23 April 2015, MCO-EWR. UA1690, 26 April 2015, EWR-MCO. Flew United First from Orlando to Newark return. Crew very friendly, attentive and interested in the passengers onboard. Service by both LAX based crew from Orlando and Newark based crew back was excellent. Drinks always refilled and never any empty glasses or trash around, they always cleared it away. Food was brilliant and very tasty. The 757-200 on both sectors was clean, tidy and all features of the business first cabin in good working order. The actual aircraft used had the international business first cabin which was a nice bonus with the fully lie flat bed. Over all, will definitely be using United again over other carriers.

United Airlines Customer review :  2 May 2015 by L Parlee    (USA)

I have never flown United Airlines before. This will be my first and last time. Our family booked our flights in January from San Diego to Florida. Sometime in February, the flight time of our second leg of the flight was changed by about 5 minutes. Didn't think much about it. Just yesterday, my daughter was checking her seating arrangements and realized that when United changed the second leg of the flight, they dropped all our seats. There are no seats available. No help from the United reservation person who I could barely understand. We're all sitting apart. Good thing we checked our seating or we might not even had a seat. I will never fly this airline again and I haven't even been on the plane yet.

United Airlines Customer review :  1 May 2015 by J Zain    (USA)

It's unbelievable that United continues to use ageing Boeing 747's on transpacific flights. 747's don't even have monitors behind the seats in economy class! Very disappointing when you can't choose what to watch on an 11 hour flight! In addition, the level of service is not as good as Asian airlines that I've used on the same route such as Cathay, Eva Air, Singapore Air, etc. When I asked to refill a water bottle, the flight attendant said I would need to go to the galley myself to have it filled. I've never received such a response on Asian airlines. Will definitely avoid flying United in the future if I can help it.

United Airlines Customer review :  29 April 2015 by Michele Mosbacher    (USA)

I was flying from Ft Lauderdale to Houston this evening in premium class. I was carrying a tote bag, small purse, a tiny rollerboard and a shopping bag. The guy taking my tickets in a hostile tone told me only two items. I have flown continental for years. Husband was platinum level. This was never an issue so of course I moved aside to comply and consolidated four into two plus purse. Purse an issue so gate checked bag. Fine. Got on board. To add insult to injury. Weather delay due to lightening and hail in Florida and major storm system in Houston area. I had had my United flight diverted last week. We had option to get off the carrier and I elected to get off. I asked rude gate agent if I could retrieve checked bag. No he said rudely. I will never fly them again.

United Airlines Customer review :  25 April 2015 by Stephen Mordey    (UK)

I took a trip from London out to Rio De Janeiro and from there to Sydney and back home after another stop over in Rio. My travel started on April 1st on UA 5 from London to Houston. I'm a 1k and upgraded this whole itinerary of about 48,000 miles of travel from economy to business using mileage and a cash fee. All upgrades cleared in advance allowing me to select my favourite seating which on United one can do free of charge. I continue to be impressed at the level of courtesy and service in United's premium cabins. The vast majority of cabin staff gave very good attentive and professional service. Good simple food but very enjoyable and well presented. The fish dishes continue to be my personal favourite and were quite delicious. Frequent drink refills, no need to ask its just given. Some really outstanding flight attendants. Some customers dislike the business class seating, personally I have no problem with it. After a nice meal and plenty of snooze inducing beverages I can literally sleep for hours. The only downside in the whole trip was the closure of Houston Airport as a result of thunderstorms on 16/04/15. This could not be avoided or blamed upon the airline. End result I arrived at Rio on my way back 24 hours late. As a 1k a free phone call to a dedicated phone line got me rebooked on the next days flight keeping the upgrade. But I have to say that I did not envy the legions of poor souls who had to stand in line at Houston Airport that night to receive the same service from customer service. It seemed like hundreds of passengers waiting to see one or two agents working at 2am and it was not a pretty sight! All in all thirteen long haul flights, apart from the one delayed by weather, all other flights operated either on time or ahead of schedule. There are airlines out there that could not even come close to this level of punctuality. And as always, my baggage appeared in the right place at the right time. United continues to provide generally very good service in my experience.

United Airlines Customer review :  25 April 2015 by James Lamont    (USA)

BCN-EWR. United gets dumped on so much here, I wanted to say something nice. Our trip was near-perfect. The flight was full, yet the staff were friendly, attentive, prompt and accommodating in all ways. Very good, filling and nutritious lunch plus a pre-landing hot snack. Seating in the Boeing 757-200 was spacious and comfortable. (We sat in their Economy Plus, which offered plenty of leg room, and I'm six feet tall.) Entertainment was plentiful and varied (I watched three recent movies I had missed in theatres), and the viewing screen was quite large enough. Overall, the trip was so relaxing that we still had energy for the final two-hour leg home, EWR- ORD, which also was quite pleasant.

United Airlines Customer review :  23 April 2015 by Archie Ramsay    (UK)

I flew from Dulles Washington to London Heathrow on the 7th April 2014 although I was in economy it was the best flight I have experienced, I usually sit at the window when I fly but this time I opted for the aisle - it does make life so much easier when flying. Anyway although I was in economy the service was first class, the cabin crew were excellent, its nice to be looked after by cabin crew with a genuine smile rather than a false grin. The free television on the back of the seat is also a nice addition anyway thanks united for a great trip.

United Airlines Customer review :  20 April 2015 by George Weber    (Australia)

My wife and I travelled business class Sydney to Tampa Florida via LAX. Sadly a passenger died two hours of Sydney so had to return. Told flight was rescheduled for the next day. As we live in Sydney on the fringe, we were told to go home and come back tomorrow. Cab fares were $240 with no reimbursement. Next day plane was an hour late boarding. Business Class cabin carpets were soaking wet. Further delay to clean. Cheap sparkling wine served in plastic cup. Departed Charleston SC sixteen days later back to Sydney via Chicago and LAX. As no internationally trained staff at UA Charleston, could only ship bags to Chicago thus to baggage collection/security there. Airline lounge packed in Chicago. At LAX UA lounge was so full we were not allowed in. Then found out no frequent flyer points Sydney-LAX because it was an unscheduled flight.

United Airlines Customer review :  20 April 2015 by M Howard    (USA)

I flew from IAH to NRT. Not the worst flight but many aspects could be greatly improved. Too much air- conditioning, I had to have 3 blankets to keep myself warm. The IFE was better than I expected though. Some acceptable selections to watch. It kept me entertained for the 12 hour flight. Overall, probably taking another airline is a better choice for your trip.

United Airlines Customer review :  20 April 2015 by Bradley Ricks    (USA)

On a flight from LAX to New Orleans. Flight 1/2 full with all exit rows empty. My husband and I attempted to move to a exit row seat and was told by the flight attendant we could not move. You have to pay to sit in an exit row. The flight is half empty. United, this is our last time fly with you!

United Airlines Customer review :  20 April 2015 by J Griffin    (USA)

PBI-IAH-LAX-NRT-SIN - original scheduled route. Route actually flown with delays: PBI-IAH-LAX-SFO-HND-SIN. All domestic flights offered only beverages or you could purchase food. Flight delayed due to weather in IAH. Arrived into LAX and my connecting flight had left. Ground service was little to no help. Crew at gate barked to go to Customer service and they only deal with guests at that gate. Customer service had only one person to rebook flights for 40 folks waiting in line. Called 800 number and then was told to call another number to speak to someone about my international ticket. Finally got rebooked but it meant flying to SFO and then onto Singapore. Good part is my flight from Tokyo to Singapore were on ANA. There was a gate change while en-route to Japan. The ANA attendant met me at security to inform me of gate change and asked if I wanted a transport.

United Airlines Customer review :  20 April 2015 by Steve Bryant    (USA)

A recent flight from London to New York recently was perhaps the worst experience we've had. We recently flew Nashville - Dallas - San Francisco on United (first class). Food, service, etc was great. But woe to the huddled masses. For some reason on the return we were bumped to business (first leg) then economy (last leg). For a six hour flight, "breakfast" was a box with a roll, candy bar and yoghurt. But the last leg we were seated in economy and the blinders came off. Seats were probably used on misbehaving prisoners - as ergonomic as a stone carving, tattered "leather", painfully thin. Video screens (and I use the term loosely) had been randomly attached to the ceiling for which earphones could conveniently be purchased. I'm unsure which is worse - this or the "individual screens" on the last AA we flew - scratchy, color off, glaring, possible the worst picture quality on Earth. No problems with bags or leave time.

United Airlines Customer review :  18 April 2015 by F Slegers    (Netherlands)

Flew to Las Vegas from Amsterdam with a stop at Chicago. Were delayed at Chicago for 3.5 hours with no communication from United staff and 6 gate changes. Onboard entertainment system broke down after 2 hours (on our flight from Amsterdam to Chicago) so we had 6 hours where we had nothing to do but just sit. Flight crew was uninspired. Return flight from Las Vegas to Amsterdam got cancelled 15 minutes before we arrived at McCarran airport because there was no crew available. Eventually flew back to Amsterdam through Los Angeles with KLM. Customer care pointed at Reservations and Reservations pointed at Customer Care. Was on the phone (international call) for over an hour and just got disconnected. Several e-mail back and forth, only thing United did was apologize for the inconvenience. Stay away from United.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2015 by Mary Choi    (USA)

Premuim Economy

Flew EWR-AMS-EWR earlier this month. Had extra legroom in Economy Plus. Boeing 757 was very comfortable. Food was surprisingly good. Their "Asian Vegetarian" option was a really nice Indian curry. Soft drinks, coffee, and tea are complimentary and are frequently offered throughout the flight. Crew on both sectors were accommodating and very pleasant. They made quite an effort to make sure we were well fed and hydrated. I was travelling with two very young children, and the crew constantly came up to our row and checked in on us. It made us feel welcomed and relaxed. Great in-flight entertainment with lots of great video on demand. Would definitely fly with United again.

United Airlines Customer review :  15 April 2015 by Cassandra Leen    (USA)

I was very disappointed with the service and overall experience I received from this airline, I had a flight out of Fort Lauderdale Airport at 7.45 am I had arrived early around 6 am with my 4 month old infant. We boarded the flight on time, everything seemed to be going as planned until the flight was delayed due to some electrical in the control panel. We ended up sitting on this flight for a good 2 hours waiting as they kept saying sorry and we will update you more in 5 minutes and then 30 minutes and overall a 2 hour wait time until they said we are sorry but we must all exit the plane and wait in line until we could get booked for another flight. Once booked for a new flight they gave us food vouchers, the new flight they booked me on was at 2.55pm, it was only 11am so I was expected to wait with an infant for another 3 hours - a long day waiting me with my son. I then received a notification on my phone that the flight they rebooked me on had been delayed 90 minutes which would have meant being stuck in Houston airport where my connecting flight was but that I would have missed by the time the new flight had arrived. I was then put on another flight leaving Fort Lauderdale at 5.15pm and arriving to my destination at 11.18pm. I don't think that this was handled well at all, especially since I was carrying a child around and had only me.

United Airlines Customer review :  15 April 2015 by M Peterson    (USA)

Flight 1660, from Denver to Houston. This airline is horrible. If you have other options to fly to a location, exercise the alternative and pay whatever it costs. Delayed 5 hours. Refused to hold connecting flight despite the fact that over 30 passengers were connecting via that flight. No discounts offered on flights. No ticket offers to fly at no expense in the future to another location. Absolutely horrible customer service. Rude and ineffective agents/representatives. A company that could not care less about customer service.

United Airlines Customer review :  13 April 2015 by W Burke    (USA)

ROC-ORD-JAC and JAC-ORD-ROC. Outbound flights went without a hitch. ORD-JAC segment in an A-320 with new slim seats. Seats were more comfortable than I thought they would be based on previous reviews. Flight Attendants pleasant and made several passes with water for a three hour flight. Return was delayed two hours in JAC. Not a problem for me as I had a 5 hour layover scheduled in ORD. Equipment was an A320 as well and the Flight Attendants were pleasant and attentive. I would give higher marks for seat comfort except both ROC-ORD and ORD-ROC segments were on a regional partner using an ERJ-145. Seating was cramped and the small cabin is not for those with claustrophobia. In all United gets you from point A to point B. They certainly aren't JetBlue.

United Airlines Customer review :  13 April 2015 by Ian McGrath    (Canada)

I've never actually been embarrassed to be seen travelling business class before. I met a colleague at the airport and I was wearing the same clothes for the past 2 days (they cancelled my flight and didn't return my luggage- later found out that they had reinstated the flight but didn't tell me). In front of us both, I was told by a flight agent that the flight United had booked me on was full-they didn't even book the other flight! Now my rescheduled flight is delayed another 4 hours.

United Airlines Customer review :  13 April 2015 by Jim Davison    (Canada)

Overbooked flights, planes grounded for maintenance issues, replacement aircraft with fewer seats. My flight out of Houston quickly fell apart as the original plane was both over-booked and grounded for maintenance issues. While waiting to find out if there were enough seats for everyone, stragglers who had been bumped off previous flights were given seats over those who were actually assigned to the flight. Overall, a very poorly executed attempt at damage control.

United Airlines Customer review :  11 April 2015 by M Fineberg    (USA)

LAX to MEL on new 787-9 Dreamliner. This is the world's longest 787 route at around 15 hours so I would not even had considered flying United if they were using their old 747 with no IFE. This flight was excellent to the point I was wondering if I was actually flying United. I was in economy plus (which is not premium economy) but the extra legroom for a small surcharge really makes a big difference for such a long flight. The plane was brand new with excellent Panasonic IFE with very clear screen, USB and power at every seat, Wi-Fi which worked well for the entire trip, good food and polite service. This was the best United flight I have ever taken and really feel they have a competitive product on this route (competing with QF A380). The only negative would be that you have to depart from the hideous terminal 7 at LAX. The return flight arrives at TBT to clear customs so think it would be much improved experience if UA international flights could depart from TBT as well.

United Airlines Customer review :  11 April 2015 by Carrie Daly    (USA)

Had over 3 hour delay for a flight from Chicago to San Diego. After a 1 1/3 hours they finally boarded the passengers and just as the last people were getting on they reassigned the flight crew. Had to wait another hour before a new crew showed up. Another delay because they need more fuel them once we were ready to go we had to delay again because we had to get a new flight attendant because one of them had been on for too long. Complete mismanagement by United.

United Airlines Customer review :  11 April 2015 by J Ridderhof    (Australia)

Travelled SYD-LAX-LAS and GCM-IAH-LAX-MEL and found the airline to be well above average. Whilst some of the aircraft are a little older, the LAX-MEL leg was on the 787-8 and we were upgraded to premium economy (economy plus) for that leg - possibly the most comfortable flight I have ever been on. Flight attendants were typically very cheerful and despite the large amount of legs, no complications with baggage. Food was fine, entertainment on the long-haul flights was pretty good. In any respect, they performed much above my expectations and don't deserve a lot of the bad rap they get on this site.

United Airlines Customer review :  11 April 2015 by R Cross    (USA)

I flew United from KIAD to DXB in economy and really liked it. I wasn't very optimistic about the airline when I read reviews on it but United surprised me with how good they were. The ticket was the cheapest I could find. I have flown on several different airlines and United served me one of the best meals I have ever had on a plane. The seats were big and comfortable since United has a good seat configuration. United uses a 3-3-3 seat configuration unlike many airlines that uses a 3-4-3 configuration on their Boeing 777's. The flight attendants were nice and helpful. The inflight entertainment was good with a lot of the latest movies and TV shows that kept me occupied the entire flight. I would recommend this airline to anyone.

United Airlines Customer review :  9 April 2015 by Khan Irfan    (France)

I flew from Paris to St Louis (MO), transit at Newark, 3 hours flight delay from Newark to St Louis, and 4 hours flight delay on the return flight from Newark to Paris. Reasons for delay: aircraft/crew not available, plane maintenance etc. Food quantity absurd compared to other airlines. Avoid this airline even if it offers attractive prices, it is not worth it.

United Airlines Customer review :  9 April 2015 by Mike Tigg    (Canada)

I flew to New Orleans from Toronto on Air Canada in business class on a cramped and ancient CRA jet which was very substandard compared to what it used to be, and returned on United via Newark on a 320 Airbus which was surprisingly comfortable and superior to AC in every department and for nearly half the price than Air Canada charged for the outgoing trip. I will favour United over Air Canada in the future.

United Airlines Customer review :  9 April 2015 by Boyd David    (Australia)

Flight 839, Los Angeles to Sydney, 4th April 2015. Departed LA near enough on time, flight uneventful until approx 3/4 hr before landing. We were informed by the Captain that because of bad weather we were to be diverted to Brisbane. In Brisbane we were told to stay on the plane until further notice. With only minutes to spare before the cut off time for Pilots and Crew expired we approached the runway for our return to Sydney. We only got half way when the Captain announced we were not going to take off as their time had expired. We were taken off the plane and told to wait until a new crew could be found. Almost 12 hrs later and a frustrating lack of information we were told that finally they had a crew but no pilot, then we had a pilot but due to administration problems we could not leave. After a 15hr flight and 12 hrs sitting in an Airport we were all tired and at the end of our resolve. We finally arrived in Sydney with a loud applause from all of us passengers, 27 hrs later.

United Airlines Customer review :  7 April 2015 by Saketh Ram    (USA)

I have taken several flights with United in the last 2 months (DEN-BOS-ORD-PHL-DEN and DEN-IAH). The online reviews are fairly awful but I have had overall decent to good experiences. All flights have arrived on time and early on a few occasions. Inflight service was overall good, with smiling crews. Ground crews have also been reasonable good overall. I have found crews not based in EWR are in general a lot nicer. Inflight Internet worked well overall.

United Airlines Customer review :  7 April 2015 by James Bradley    (USA)

My son and I recently had a connecting flight from Denver to Salt Lake City. When we got off the plane the board said our flight had been cancelled. When we asked why they customer service representative told us that our flight had been chosen at random because of the weather. We were told to either wait at the airport for 12 hours or we could pay for a motel. In my opinion the motel should be provided if the airline has the ability to just randomly cancel flights. What a major inconvenience. The customer service rep was very rude and unaccommodating. I'll never fly united again.

United Airlines Customer review :  7 April 2015 by William Robinson    (Canada)

UA1464. We flew from Palm Springs to San Francisco, then from San Francisco to Calgary yesterday. Excellent flights, connections and service.

United Airlines Customer review :  7 April 2015 by D Mauro    (USA)

EWR-SJO-EWR. No-frills airline. All flights were on time, but the seats were uncomfortable and cramped, there was no free food in coach, and the flight attendants were unpleasant and unprofessional. Ever since the merger, service has declined and prices have gone up.

United Airlines Customer review :  7 April 2015 by S Sullivan    (USA)

I made my reservation months in advance. I was supposed to have an aisle seat about 5 seats from the back of the plane. When I boarded the plane, I was not in that seat. Instead, I was put in the very last row by the toilet. I had work to do and tried to power through it despite the terrible seat. The seat would not recline and the gentleman in front of me reclined so there was no room. My head was just inches from his reclined seat (I asked and he agreed not to recline all the way back). I was constantly bumped as people walked to use the toilet and the smell was terrible! I asked the steward why my seat was changed, he said it happens all the time. You think you have reserved a seat in the middle of the plane but it is really further back. Otherwise, no one would choose the back row. So I was tricked and according to the steward it happens all the time. He made no effort to apologize or make the situation right. It is one thing to realize in advance that the only open seat is by the toilet. It is another to pay that amount of money and reserved far in advance and get "placed" in the back by the smelly toilet. I put 1 star for food and beverages because I couldn't eat anything, even the food I brought on board because of the smell of the toilet. I put 1 star for the entertainment, because it required a credit card. I would have given negative for seat comfort and satisfaction if I could have. I put 1 for staff service as the man in the seat in front of me was hit in the head by the trash bag every time the stewardess went by and she didn't even seem to notice. On the plus side, it was terribly windy and the pilot did a good job with the landing.

United Airlines Customer review :  5 April 2015 by Fallows Scott    (USA)

I booked a last minute trip from Orlando, FL to Hong Kong. The price was OK for few days notice but the in-flight experience was one I would like to forget. In the past, I flew overseas with other international airlines from abroad and most treated me and my family very good. With United it was my worst experience flying overseas. Flew from Orlando via Newark to Hong Kong direct. The seats were hard as a rock which made it very hard to sleep. The entertainment system offered all these channels and music that did not work and not available for viewing. The food was terrible and small. It was half the size of a lean cuisine dinner. They charged me $8.00 for a half a can of beer. The attitude of the flight attendants were rude. Returning back to Orlando via Chicago from Hong Kong, the flight was an hour and a half late which caused me to miss my connecting flight to Orlando. Got no sympathy from service desk and was stuck in Chicago for an extra 4 hours. I will not fly United ever again. Its not only bad service they provide, but bad attitudes and they want to change you for every single little amenity. Avoid this airline if you can.

United Airlines Customer review :  5 April 2015 by Marcel Bogaerts    (Belgium)

BRU-ORD-BRU. On the flight BRU-ORD the entertainment system was down, so we had no entertainment at all. This was announced prior to boarding, so it did not come as a bad surprise after take-off. This is not pleasant on a 9+ hours flight, but United compensated us by serving all beverages for free, including beers, wines and liquor. After dinner, the attendant even proposed to pour us a cognac, without we had to asked for us. This is proper compensation and client care. The food was airplane food, not great, but the chicken was OK and before landing in Chicago we got a hot sandwich. On the flight ORD-BRU the entertainment system was working properly, but the seatback screens on the Boeing 767 were utterly small. For dinner I ordered the pasta, which was dough and something like tomato sauce, not very tasty. Legroom was better than on most Asian airlines, and attendants were courteous and caring. I see no reason why I should not take United again.

United Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2015 by Lorraine Scotson    (USA)

The flight is always too full for everyone's carry on baggage. I don't like having to make sure I'm first in line to get onboard, just so I know I don't have to check my bag. I had to check my bag the last few trip, and wait for an hour for it to come through after landing. I cannot believe they are now charging for inflight entertainment. It's one step too far.

United Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2015 by F Paul    (USA)

ORD (Chicago) to OGG (Maui). They notified us that there would be no wi-fi on the flight. Fine. We had media- filled devices, so we could tolerate the 9-hour flight. OGG to ORD, wi-fi was 'available', but none of our devices (Android and iOS) would connect. Loading for the sign-in page would stop at 80% at the highest, but then would hang. Forget about it. Take-off was delayed for loading of 'catering supplies' (food that would be sold to us?). Flight attendants are always rude, as if, clearly, they would rather be doing something other than attending. Waving a hand for your trash, dour faces, curt language ("You need to [do this or that].") All this for the privilege of a non-stop flight at an international price. Hello, Alaska Airlines.

United Airlines Customer review :  31 March 2015 by F Paul    (USA)

ORD (Chicago O'Hare) to OGG (Maui Kahului), round trip. To Maui, it was announced that the flight (a B777) would not have wi-fi. Luckily, we brought our own electronic devices loaded with media to watch or read on. On the way back, wi-fi was available, but none of our devices was able to connect (iOS and Android), stuck in "sign in" anywhere from 20% to 80%. The home-leg departure was delayed for loading of catering supplies (i.e., food that would be for sale?). Flight attendants are rude, as if you were sitting in their furniture without asking. It's easy to use polite language and manners even if you're not sincere, yet they could not muster a minimum effort. The price for this flight is quite high, as much as ORD to an Asian destination, but it seems more like a budget flight. I guess it's because it's a straight flight (no lay-overs). Next time, I will try Alaska Air, with one stop-over at a much lower price (less than half!).

United Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2015 by L Munzer    (USA)

My husband is a frequent flyer with United Airlines in his personal and business travels, without incident. In saying that, I am a reasonable person, I can understand that our flight was delayed and then cancelled due to mechanical problem. However, the rudeness of the ticket agents was a total shock to me and most of the other passengers. Staff did not seem to be equipped to handle helping people re-route their flights and were flustered and unprofessional. It is very difficult for me to express my disappointment in the way the situation was handled. The only apologies we received were from the airport security officers who showed up at gate 29. There were no announcements stating that they (the ticket agents) were going to help us with connecting flights, there were no apologies for the inconvenience of having to sleep in the airport, no announcement that first class passengers and those with small children would be found hotel rooms and others would be left to their own devices to sleep at the gate. Some water and sodas were provided but not enough for everyone. The ticket agents seemed to be "put out" in trying to help us. Isn't that their job? I believe that customer service is a huge part of any business, and if you don't have good customer service you have nothing. No food vouchers were offered unless asked for, this I found out by asking a fellow passenger where he had received his vouchers.It should have been announced that everyone would receive these after a long night sleeping at the gate. The lack of communication was shameless and again, unprofessional! I believe there needs to be some training with the staff at United Airlines Maui to help in dealing with situations such as cancelled flights and exhausted guests. And regarding the 125.00 voucher we received for the inconvenience of this debacle doesn't come close to compensating for the discomfort and inconvenience of having to sleep on a filthy airport floor! Horrible customer service made the situation even worse.

United Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2015 by K Kelly    (USA)

Recently flew SFO-IAH-EWR then EWR-ORD-SFO. First class cabin every flight. United's 737-900 series aircraft are nice but the leg room provided hardly warrants first class. Wifi failed on every leg except SFO-IAH. If you navigate off the personal entertainment offering to wifi it is impossible to get back. So if the wifi fails - which it often does on United - you have nothing. Meals were improved over past on a couple of legs, the same poor food as on the others. Wines still bad. Boarding ridiculous as Group 1 is now huge with no preference to First Class. I've flown the airline for years because of its dominance at SFO but take other Star Alliance airlines when going overseas. United had delays on both parts of return whereas others I knew on Jet Blue out of JFK (down a runway) got out on time. May be time to give up my 1K and go elsewhere.

United Airlines Customer review :  25 March 2015 by H Parker    (USA)

I had my first and hopefully last experience with United Airlines this past week. I flew round trip to Orlando with a friend for spring break. Our flight down was delayed three hours because of weather, which is admittedly not United's fault, however we missed a connection in D.C. and had to fly standby on a later flight that put us at our destination 6 hours after we were scheduled to arrive. The return flight was the real terror though. Our first leg from Orlando to Chicago was fine except for the airline insisting on checking our carry ons through to the final destination. Once in Chicago we were told our flight to Burlington was delayed due to mechanical problems. Eventually we boarded the flight an hour late and took off. We then turned back and circled O'Hare for an hour and a half due to mechanical problems before making an emergency landing and having to get off the plane. They then cancelled that flight after leaving us sitting for two hours while they tried to find another aircraft. At that point I was told there was no way to get me to Burlington before Sunday night (my original flight was Friday morning). I tried to book a flight to a nearby city and was told it was impossible to fly anything other than standby. I was booked on a confirmed seat to Albany for Saturday morning and tried two standby flights Friday night. My friend made it out but I ended up in the airport overnight (I was not offered accommodation). When I went to board my flight Saturday morning they informed me that there had been an error and the flight was overbooked. I was bounced from that flight and booked on one departing in the afternoon. The afternoon flight was cancelled due to mechanical problems and I was unable to get out until Saturday night at 11 pm. After all that they refused to even consider shipping my bag until I had landed in Albany (it had been shipped to Burlington on Friday). It is now Monday and I still have not received my bags. Their customer service is unfriendly, unhelpful, and refuses to let you speak to someone in charge. I will never fly United again and I discourage anyone from doing so unless they don't mind spending hours in an airport without their luggage.

United Airlines Customer review :  24 March 2015 by Mclaughlin Robert    (USA)

Business seats not up to international standards. The row of 4 seats in the middle feels like a dormitory. Excellent that an airline would invest in such sub-standard seating. United is my last Star Alliance choice for international travel.

United Airlines Customer review :  24 March 2015 by D Morton    (UK)

I booked my trip from UK to Florida via Newark over 8 months ago. I did not realise that the flights would be regularly cancelled or changed. First flight out of Manchester was 3 hours delayed because of staff shortage. Last flight out of Fort Lauderdale was delayed by 4 hours leaving us 30 minutes to run to gate for the flight back to Manchester. There is only one flight a day and we felt we had to make it. Most of staff were not interested in helping us. The whole United experience was a nightmare not the dream holiday we planned. Also the inflight entertainment did not work in my seat.

United Airlines Customer review :  24 March 2015 by Huffman Sharon    (USA)

Arrived at Calgary Airport only to find out our plane which was coming out of Denver was delayed over two hours due to weather. This will put us in Chicago too late to make our connection. This means we cannot fly out till the next morning. United will not give us a voucher for anything because the delay was not 4 or more hrs. I looked at Denver weather radar and there is no bad weather. Gate people keep saying bad weather. Maybe there was down the line but not in Denver as they are insisting. So they don't have to supply vouchers for this late leg. The week prior I was booked on flight out of Houston. They had to change equipment then we were told it would take a few minutes to do the 'paperwork'. Two hrs later they finally finished. I like being informed and being told the truth. Will not fly United anymore.

United Airlines Customer review :  24 March 2015 by L Matt    (USA)

I recently flew United from Shanghai to Chicago on B747-400 in Global First, seat 2A. This airline is a disaster. First, the boarding. Group 1 which includes first class had about 90 people in Shanghai, with the line stretching down the corridor. In fact, there were more people in group 1 than in group 4 or 5. So much for First Class. The front cabin of B747 is old and dirty. Seat 2A has more privacy than most but overall, the first class cabin is tight with very little privacy and people on top of each other. The seat is long and comfortable and you can sleep. The flight attendants…- one was pleasant and the other really did not care about anything. The food was horrible, cold appetizer, awful salad. The food lack warmth/taste/presentation. Breakfast was down right disgusting. Maybe this is because on the way to China I flew with ANA and the service is excellent and incomparable. Flying United is not really a first class experience in any shape or form.

United Airlines Customer review :  24 March 2015 by M Corbett    (USA)

I was very hesitant to fly United again for my family vacation. The first time I flew United, I ended up sleeping in the airport when my flight was cancelled. The second time, I had two delays that left me on the runway for two hours each. Today, I am done. I will never fly United again. Right now, I'm in Houston. I was supposed to be in Florida two hours ago. Instead, my family of three is sitting in a hotel room with a 4 year old who can't sleep.

United Airlines Customer review :  24 March 2015 by I Chuprynenko    (Greece)

25 Jan 2015, UA993 (LX3218). 1 Feb 2015, UA992 (LX3219). I swore I'd never fly United a couple of years ago, this time I didn't notice the flight was operated by United. Horrible experience. Delayed for 2 hours as always. For 9 hours flight they serve very little food, cold and bad quality. Rude attendants. No legroom, uncomfortable seats , everything is wrong with United. I know learnt to always look very closely which airline the flight is operated by.

United Airlines Customer review :  24 March 2015 by Susan Morris    (USA)

I booked a flight to Bahamas through United and it was their Silver Airlines. My flight over was late and coming back, the plane had 20 plus passengers and we were all checked in and they delayed our departure. We all missed our connecting flights. There was no apologies, no explanations. We were to depart at 2.25, finally getting off the ground at 6.25. Since I was heading to New England, there were no seats and I had to purchase a new ticket on a different airline and could only get to Hartford. That ticket cost me $600 and I am very upset with their lack of customer service. My advice, don't fly United Silver unless you have make your flights a day apart. This company didn't apologize and kept us in the dark.

United Airlines Customer review :  19 March 2015 by S Koenig    (Brazil)

GRU-EWR-LAX r.t. in BusinessFirst. Wife and I sat in center row (2-1-2 configuration) so had lots of room. I was dreading being in the first row, since when I'd been in a similar configuration before, people stepped over my feet all night to get to rest rooms, but now the seats are "suites," so no problem. Very comfortable, fully lie- flat seats. Food was actually pretty good. Service good. Nice array of films. We chose United for this trip due to price, but were pleasantly surprised by how nice it was. Only two bags up to 70 lbs. each, even in biz (some airlines allow 3), but overall we were happy. All of our flights were calm but if there was any possibility of turbulence, I'd want the announcement to fasten seat belts to be audible to all, even those asleep, not just on video screens (as one reviewer suggested).

United Airlines Customer review :  19 March 2015 by John Robert    (USA)

My family and I were flying from Cancun to San Antonio with what was supposed to be a short stop in Houston. Because the plane departed late from Cancun we made it through the long lines and customs with 15 minutes left to make our gate. That is until they called me back and said they won't take my luggage. I asked why and was told there was not enough time. We told them we could easily make it to the gate and they refused to let us go. Instead we were sent to the ticket counter to. Rebook our flight. That is when we were told the flights were booked and we might not leave till the next day. They were not willing to work with us at all and it just infuriated us more. We asked to speak to the manager and he also came off as arrogant and took no responsibility for our situation. We ended up having words with him that got us nowhere. That was the last flight with United that we will take.

United Airlines Customer review :  19 March 2015 by Jordan Hilbert    (USA)

I traveled from Minneapolis to New York and didn't have to check my suitcase at all. Then, on my way back to Minneapolis I had to check my bag at LaGuardia airport in NY. I don't understand why I have to check my bag on the way back but not on the way there. The baggage people were not the nicest and it definitely wasn't an ideal situation. I had to pay a fee that I wasn't planning on paying, and I shouldn't have had to pay it. From this experience, I would not fly United Airlines again.

United Airlines Customer review :  19 March 2015 by G Moore    (Canada)

YOW-EWR-PBI on the Sunday of March Break. Both flights on time, using Embraer emb-145 and brand-new Boeing 737-900er with scimitar winglets and boeing sky interior. Ground and flight crew really polite and helpful, with special mention for the check-in agent at YOW for being a brilliant help. Both flights on time with good seat comfort (I am 5'11", 160 lbs.) with the real treat being the new plane and the boeing sky interior. My only gripe was the lack of IFE on the almost 3 hour EWR-PBI leg, but with a book and music, it was no big deal. Would recommend United for a reliable (but not outstanding) trip quality.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by S Matta    (USA)

With so many carriers to choose from why would anyone fly United. We flew from San Fran to Boston and were never offered a glass of water. There was no entertainment offered. On the flight out it cost $7.99 for DirectTV and it was not worth it. The 'food' offerings were terrible (Pringles? Trail mix?). There is no leg room and seats barely recline. Is this airline for real?

United Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Vermeire Frank    (USA)

We set out from Omaha, NE approx. 6am to arrive in Kona, HI on Feb. 5th at approx 2.30pm. We had connecting flights in Denver and LAX. We sat on the runway in Omaha for 1.5 hrs with maintenance issues and paperwork, past our connecting flight departure time out of Denver. At Denver, they shuffled us back and forth between customer service and the boarding gate, finally they ended up booking us on a flight to Oahu, then Hawaiian Airlines to Kona. When we arrived in Oahu, they had no record of us, saying United did not have us booked to Kona. After waiting for everyone to board, they were able to get us on. We arrived in Kona approx. 6.5 hrs after we expected to, missing a 1/2 a day of our vacation time, any activities we had booked, and no luggage! Our luggage arrived about 11pm at night. Our return flight was not any better. We arrived at the airport early and was told they had a flight leaving shortly and room on it. With our Kona bound experience we thought it may be a good idea to have more time. Before we boarded they had hydraulic problems, and the flight was delayed. We were told our tickets were gone for our originally booked flight. So we waited, and for once we made it in time for our connecting flight to Denver, until we boarded the plane and the starter went out on the plane they brought it back in, fixed it, but not before we missed our connecting flight from Denver to Omaha. By now we were wondering if this was normal for United? At Denver, again we were shuffled around until they finally found a flight into Omaha for us. Our flight experience with United was well below satisfactory levels. The maintenance issues should be a concern for United. I wonder what their Preventative Maintenance plan looks like, if they have one at all, and or if they should reconsider their Union, as paperwork should not take that long. Not sure we will ever Fly United again. On the positive side we made it there and back!

United Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Jeanette Frederick    (USA)

I have never experienced such horrible service as I did this past weekend. I purchased my tickets on Jan 30, 2015 for a trip on March 8, 2015. Arriving at my destination was a pleasant experience, the return was horrible, upon receiving my boarding passes I did have a seat assigned in which when I bought my tickets I choose my desired seats. All of this occurred at the Washington Dulles Airport, First of all I did not have a seat due to no seating being assigned to me and was told I may not have one due to overbooking. The flight ended up being cancelled due to the crew being late, so therefore I was not able to get home because no other flights were being booked for my destination. Spent the night in the airport and when I did reach my destination the next morning my luggage had not yet been shipped. This is terrible service being that this was my first time using United.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2015 by N Call    (USA)

This was my first time flying with United. I took a trip from Kona, HI to Salt Lake City, UT. After 30 minutes and not taking off we finally discovered the fuel pump was out. Problems happen, so that wasn't an issue. But they continued to have us sit on the airplane for 3 hours and got upset when people stood up, even though the plane was not moving. After the three hours they confirmed the flight was canceled. They set everyone up with a hotel and a new flight which was excellent. My next two flights were delayed for over 25 min of the original take-off time, making people rush if they had a connecting flight. I was not at all satisfied with how the trip went. My one day of travel turned into three days. On the newer planes the seats were comfortable. The staff were always well mannered and helpful. The food and beverages were good, and the inflight entertainment wasn't great, but there were a few options on the bigger planes. The small planes only had magazines, which are not entertaining at all. I would not recommend United to anyone I care about.

United Airlines Customer review :  9 March 2015 by Jodi Zigler    (USA)

We booked a flight from BWI to IAH for 2/22 at 7.10 am and were scheduled to arrive in Houston at 9.45 am. Instead, we did not arrive until about 8pm. It was an all day ordeal and we lost an entire day of our vacation. United had mechanical issues on flight 234, but after many delay announcements, it took them until about noon to cancel the flight. We sat on the plane for a short while, then for many hours in the airport until they cancelled it. Then we had to go all the way back out to check-in to wait in a line for about another 2 hours to be told there were no flights at BWI to Houston that day. United employees were few and far between, not nearly enough to handle the re-booking of an entire flight. Eventually we were bussed to the Dulles airport for a 4.30 flight to Houston. We were not given any food and United employees were short-tempered and quite helpless. I heard other passengers say they received food vouchers, so I couldn't help but wonder why we were not given anything. Maybe it was because we were Travelocity customers rather than direct customers with United or maybe it was because we were very easy and never mouthy or difficult with anyone. On our flight from Dulles to IAH, I was seated in a middle seat separated from my husband which was very difficult because of all the turbulence and my motion sickness. Our experience with United when flying back started out much the same - computers down, very long lines and few United employees to help. After check-in, the process finally improved and our flight back to BWI was smooth and uneventful.