United Airlines Passenger Reviews and United Airlines Customer Trip Reports

a World 3-Star Airline

a World 3-Star Airline

United Airlines
3.0 Star Rating: Fair

United Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by L Spencer    (UK)

LHR-SFO-ACV. Flight leaving LHR cancelled, ground staff at Heathrow rude and obstructive, wouldn't confirm flight was cancelled even though I called United direct who confirmed flight cancelled. United app also stated flight cancelled after 90 minute wait in departure lounge. Transfer to Newark flight, which was then delayed leaving Heathrow as SFO passengers transferred onto this flight. Overnight accommodation provided in Newark. Return flight from SFO-LHR all London based crew, utterly rude and disinterested in the role that they are paid for. 7th flight this year with United, only airline that gets me to my final destination. Crew rude when I walked to the back galley to purchase duty free, told me it was the busiest hour of the flight as were serving breakfast before landing at Heathrow, I only went direct to the galley as message on screen advised 15 minutes remaining to buy duty free. Crew member told me she hated that message and that she would have to come and have a private word with me for purchasing duty free. Flight already booked for Feb 2015, luckily booked with flight miles so know not to expect a great service.

United Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by S Winer    (USA)

Fly the Friendly Skies of United? There's very little that's friendly about United, they have become an airline of lesser quality than the budget airlines of the world. Connecting business class flight from Auckland to San Francisco via LA. The first leg was non-stop on Air New Zealand which was excellent and connected in LA to a business class flight to SFO. When we presented our ticket at the United lounge in LA we were refused entry because it was a business class "domestic" flight but were offered entry as a guest of another person we had met on our flight from NZ. Sadly, the lounge was a worn out mess, nothing more than crackers and cheese slices in packets, Internet access that was just a bit faster than the old dial up connections - nothing like any of the lounges offered by carriers we had flown elsewhere in the world. On the tired, worn plane a minimal offer of chips or cookies and beverages. The worst part is that the personnel seemed tired of being caught between management decisions that have reduced the quality of service to nothing more than a poor commodity and travelers that resent the carrier.

United Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by J Wissmann    (USA)

We were held on the tarmac for over an hour while workers attempted to replace a seat cover - they brought the wrong type twice before finally getting it right. We were offered the chance to deplane, but the pilot strongly advised we not do this. It was hot as the air was off and no drinks were offered. I thought we would miss our connecting flight, but United Airlines' partner company was just as bad, and so we didn't miss our flight. No information about delay - after repeatedly questioning the gate agent she said "We think the flight is delayed until 5:45pm." Apparently, they weren't planning on letting us know anything! Terrible customer service. I have never caught an "on-time" flight with United or Silver -the only reason I used them this time was because it was the only airline available.

United Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by D Arnold    (USA)

Flew IAH-HNL-IAH in First Class on November 20- 24. I have flown this route several times in the last 15 years and since United took over, the flying experience has taken a serious nose dive. Since this route is taken by people mostly cashing in frequent flyer miles and there are not that many "paying" passengers, United has decided that we do not deserve the amenities that are available on other routes. The first class cabin seats are very uncomfortable and are nowhere near the first class seats of other carriers for long haul flights. The plane had no inflight entertainment and there was not any power ports for charging personal devices - and this was not just first class but the entire plane. If there was another direct flight to Hawaii from Houston on another carrier I would take it. Flying to Hawaii on Continental was a fairly good experience, the food was good and the seats were comfortable even though they did not fully recline.

United Airlines Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Jerry Freeman    (USA)

Booked flight from Newark to St Maarten months in advance - booked an aisle seat and a ctr seat together, United changed our seats to a window in next to last row and a window in the last row with seats that don't recline. Also paid for TV and only had the choice of 4 movies-no TV shows - no free snacks. We will do our best to avoid United airlines in the future!

United Airlines Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Tercon Bojan    (Singapore)

Was happy with the service in First Class on this quick flight from LA to Houston on United's 737-900. Seat was comfy and the food satisfactory. Nothing outstanding but good enough.

United Airlines Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Jorge Sanchez    (USA)

I flew with United Airlines to save money but it turned out to be a mistake. I was traveling to Guatemala City from Dallas making a connection in Houston. We boarded the plane then shortly after got off due to a maintenance issue. Not once were we asked if we had a connection flight or explained to how they would help us get to our destination nor did they give us any updates. I had to ask what to do. I was supposed to be at my destination at noon. I arrived at 10.30pm. Similar incident on my return - took me all day. Bad experience.

United Airlines Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Gilberto Brambilla    (UK)

PVG-LAX and IAH-LHR. Both flights were very comfortable. Seat and food is good. The only issue with the dreamliner (787) is the lack of proper window blinds. On the flight Shanghai-Los Angeles I was near the window facing south, meaning that I always had the sun in front of me. Although the window transparency can be chanced, it cannot be completely darkened, and this is an issue when you want to sleep.

United Airlines Customer review :  10 December 2014 by L Richard    (USA)

Flew United from LAX to IAH non-stop on an aged Boeing 737-700. The flight departed 25 minutes late for no apparent reason (no explanation given). Luggage was still being loaded 25 minutes after scheduled departure. Plenty of people that should have gate-checked luggage were wandering the plane looking for overhead bin space with no help from crew. There was no snack, pay only food options. Nonetheless, the crew was somewhat friendly, passing frequently, even offering warmed up chocolate chip cookies to some of the kids, although some had to share one cookie.

For this 9 hour flight from Houston to Buenos Aires, United uses a very old 767-300 with a 2-1-2 configuration in business class. The seats are the old Continental flat-bed seats which are angled ever-so-slightly towards the window. Although it's a flat bed, the bed is very narrow and at my 190cm I could not stretch out. Felt like sleeping in a coffin! Also, when you have to go to the bathroom, it's quite the operation to step over your neighbour without waking them up. The service and food were OK although the plastic champagne flutes and the character-less dull white dinnerware could be improved upon.

United Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Perrin Michel    (Brazil)

GIG-IAH-NRT. I succeeded in sending my luggage directly to NRT. No need to pick it up at IAH and then check it again. Flight 1: GIG check-in staff very nice. Lounge (GOL low cost) very poor and packed. Flat seat 9D, very nice. This part of Business class is much more noisy, because close to engines. To be avoided at all costs. FA's very pleasant and smiling. Decent food. Poor drinks. Smooth 9 hours flight, with constant info form flight deck. Surprising wide choice of IFE On time. Had to go through immigration and security in IAH. Lounge staff very pleasant. Food awful. Alcoholic beverages charged (>US10,00 a glass). Fantastic shower, and shower staff. Flight 2: Seat 1L. The best seat on board, much more space, 3 windows, Silent. Same aircraft by coincidence. FA rather unpleasant and rude. Take it or leave it. Very bad food. Horrible Champagne. A nice white Bourgogne that ended after 30 min. At 11.50am lunch was completed, then, believe it or not, no food during the next 12 hours! A tray with 2 types of frozen sandwiches was available, in a corner, self service. United is saving money on a 14 hour flight on food? One hour before landing greasy breakfast. Luggage quickly delivered.

United Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2014 by C Charmaine    (USA)

I may be done with United. Have had gold or platinum status for years but am getting increasingly concerned with linking flying to shopping and spending more money. As much as I hate to give up the three bags, the comfortable lounges in airports, it is becoming too stressful to keep up. I have almost lost respect for the airlines. Shop till you drop seems to be the key here. We are losing miles, we have to spend more, shop more, buy the credit card. No other alliance does what United does.

United Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2014 by K Chharath    (USA)

First off, let me preface that I am not a frequent flyer so I tend to give airlines the benefit of the doubt if there is ever any problems. In the past 6 months, I have flown two round trips with United, one was non-stop and the other had 1 connecting flight. Every single one of those flights were delayed by an average of 2 hours. I would understand if there were weather conditions that cannot be foreseen but all the delays happened in Florida and California, both of which had great weather. I even signed up for text alerts to get notified of these things and my alerts either came in an hour before the scheduled departure flights or never came I'm at all. That defeats the purpose of the alerts because you should to be at the airport about 2 hours prior to your flight. When I went to ask the staff at the counter at the airport, they all seemed clueless and was not able to help me alleviate my concerns at all. Some were even downright rude and short with me. These inconveniences have almost cost me to be stranded at the airport because those my friends and family were not able to pick me up. I am more than furious at the less than poor customer service that United has to offer. I've spent hundreds, probably even thousand, of dollars to travel with this airline but I've failed to receive the proper service and professionalism from their staff and company overall. It is sad to say but I will not be flying with United Airlines anytime again soon. I would rather pay a bit more for other airlines just to ensure that I will receive the kind of service that I should be receiving as a customer.

United Airlines Customer review :  1 December 2014 by Rick Field    (USA)

United 1064 on November 25 from Newark to Boston. I think United must go out of their way to design a seat as pathetic as is in row 32 on their 737-700. These are narrow, don't recline and have no legroom. I travel a lot on business. Luckily I generally have a choice in airlines and I wont be choosing United again.

United Airlines Customer review :  1 December 2014 by N Leblanc    (Australia)

Flew Business class between Australia and California (Sydney to San Francisco, and LA to Melbourne). It was my first time flying Business class as I normally fly Economy or Premium Economy and as such I was looking forward to it. Overall I was very disappointed: food was average, toilets were dirty and did not appear to have been cleaned, difficult to get the staff's attention, staff not willing to smile even when I was smiling at them, meal service was disjointed (on one flight they offered a bread roll and some wine after I had finished my main course, on the other flight they took my glass away for a refill and didn't bring it back), and the staff kept on bumping me when they walked past. The only good thing was the beds lie flat, but otherwise I was very disappointed and I found that the Premium Economy on other airlines is much better (such as Qantas, Virgin or Singapore). I will not waste my money on United Airlines again.

United Airlines Customer review :  1 December 2014 by N Kapur    (USA)

I took a United flight from GRU (Sao Paulo) - IAD (Washington DC) in Business First. When I first came to the airport I saw the flight would be delayed for 5-10 minutes. The flight time was originally 12.05 am but because of the delay it was supposed to depart at 12.15 am. So it was ok. But then after I board, the flight does not leave until 12.40 am because they were waiting for passengers to board so obviously some passengers were late. In Air, the flight crew was nice but they seemed like old United flight attendants to me. So they seemed a little cold to me. But the flight was good and I slept for 4 hours out of the 8 hours. I was glad the flight attendants gave my son the executive dining with out him asking. But the flight entertainment was ok. So it was an ok flight and it was better than the average United flight.

United Airlines Customer review :  1 December 2014 by Richard Dorn    (USA)

I did my first transatlantic travel with UA premium economy on 11/15/2014 IAH-MUC, 767-400ER. Plane was clean, entertainment systems fully functioning, great service onboard. Food was a bit underwhelming, but it's economy so not much can be added there. Beverage carts made fairly frequent trips. Crew did a good job.

United Airlines Customer review :  1 December 2014 by D Wilson    (Canada)

Don't pay extra for business on United. We just flew United from Vancouver to Oahu, via San Francisco and are now on our way back. We paid the extra for business class - the "breakfast" on our first flight consisted of a scone. On a 6 am flight you don't exactly have a chance to grab a bite before departure. There was WiFi on this flight and it had personal TVs, which are better than nothing, but not quite up to what we are used to with Air Canada. We barely made our connection in SFO - our bags were not so lucky. The next flight had personal TVs, but no Wifi. The latter would have been really useful on the long flight. At least we finally got breakfast. The flight crew was inattentive on both flights. On the way home the long haul flight back to the mainland did not have personal TVs or overhead screens but it had WiFi! That was great for as long as my laptop battery lasted but alas, the old seats had no power outlets or USBs so my joy was short-lived. Both of our seats were not capable of staying in the upright position and would slowly recline. We chose United over Air Canada as we didn't want an overnight flight home. Next time we will go direct with WestJet and cram into their tiny seats in exchange for a direct flight that operates at a convenient time. We wish Air Canada would put back their daytime flight home. In summary - service and amenities on United are inconsistent even in United First. Even when they are at the top of their game, it's all pretty marginal.

United Airlines Customer review :  1 December 2014 by C Piszczek    (USA)

Horrible customer service at SFO. United flight was delayed into SFO from Vancouver so I missed my connecting flight to San Diego. We got into SFO at 11.50. I am still waiting in line with similar stranded passengers at the customer service area at gate 82 where there are two attendants helping 100 plus people. The attendants at the gates will not help us even though there is no line. This is deplorable. SFO is a United hub. There are United employees and gate attendants everywhere and yet there are only two people willing to help all these stranded passengers. I have been stranded many times with many other airlines and have never had such poor service. I will never fly United again.

United Airlines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Watson Liz    (Australia)

I travelled with United for the first time last week. I was travelling business class and was a little apprehensive. The staff were fantastic, very friendly and welcoming. The food was also very good - on both legs (from Melbourne to LAX). The flat beds extremely comfortable with very soft pillows. Not as many frills and extras as other airlines business class but if you can afford this for a long haul flight - the legroom and ability to stretch and sleep is worth it.

United Airlines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by D Graubard    (USA)

Last week flew ORD-IAH-TYR/SHV-IAH-FLL-IAH-ORD in a mix of 737-900 (updated interior - great), EMB-135, and A319. All mainline jets were in Econ Plus or Emergency Row so leg-room was great. Most flights on-time and service was good. It's so hit and miss with UA as one flight had great service and the next mainline flight was bitter flight attendants. Regional flights were good - flight attendants had personality and very friendly service. Entertainment on some flights and others nothing but a shared screen with a movie released a year ago. Other than the IAH-ORD flight all on-time. Fare was decent so overall a good trip. With UA's new requirements for miles flown and price paid, I won't get Gold Status next year and that will reduce my flying with them more than this year.

United Airlines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Desmond O'Neill    (Ireland)

BOS-LAX, Boeing 757: Had booked Premium Economy for two people 6 months ahead, arrived at check-in in BOS to be told by unhelpful and off-hand staff that 'booking not assured until you check-in', allocated economy for the 6 hour flight and money refunded. Excuse of 'change of equipment' from A319 to 757 not tenable as latter has even more Premium Economy seats. On arriving at gate discover that Premium Economy seats are available but now have to pay an extra $36! Customer service in United completely unrepentant of being asked to pay extra for the distress. Actual seats fine but would not recommend using United for Premium Economy on the basis of this experience.

United Airlines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Raymond Pratt    (USA)

HKG-SFO. I've always loved the 747 for its speed and comfort. Nevertheless, a 12 hour flight is always a daunting experience but I am happy to say that this flight was wonderful. The multinational staff exceeded themselves and the food was of a standard I was not expecting. All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed the flight, I even got 6 hours sleep too. Good job United and thank you for the pleasurable experience!

United Airlines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by C Samuel    (Thailand)

IAD-LAX. Paid full fare First Class only to be shocked upon check in at IAD airport that my selected seat was not confirmed. Though UA ground staff at check in counter were quite helpful, they couldn't do anything except asking me to go to boarding gate and wait the problem to be resolved there. I was told UA does overbooking in all classes. I was looking forward to this flight enroute in First Class as I was connecting to BKK hence I wanted to relax. Alas I wasn't able to relax as I had to ask UA team for every 10 minutes for an update. Finally after a long argument with the gate staff I was given a a First Class seat by an arrogant lady who made one feel that she did me a great favor although it was within my right. Nothing special on this full B737-800 flight. Seat was ok with in-seat video but can't recline much. Having been at Jetblue Mint previously ones can't help but compare the value vs benefits.

United Airlines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Saketh Rahm    (USA)

Just flew DEN-LAX-MEL and return SYD-LAX-DEN. I was apprehensive about spending 16+ hours with United internationally as I avoid US carriers for long flights due to overall poor service, I was however pleasantly surprised. All flights left on time with early arrivals. Outbound flight was on new 787-9, aircraft was great and seats in Business very comfortable. Entertainment with wide variety and crew were splendid on this run (old CO crew)- very chatty and went above and beyond for passengers. Return flight the same though crew a little older/colder (UA crew). 777 on return was 2-4-2 in Business which is a little ridiculous but seats were all fully flat. Where United is not up to par is inflight catering- food almost inedible on both routes- wines good though.

United Airlines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by E Hernandez    (USA)

EWR-MEX-EWR. Flights operated with early arrival in both directions. Super friendly on-board staff and top-notch gate people who are all an asset to the United team at both the EWR and MEX stations. The in-seat TV ads come on to annoy you, even if you've turned the TV off. I felt like they should be paying me for constantly having to turn it off.

United Airlines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Eva Tidnerlewen    (Sweden)

Stockholm to San Francisco USA October 8th. The first plane with Lufthansa from Stockholm to Frankfurt on October 8 was OK. The plane from Frankfurt UA 927 to San Francisco did not start at all and we were all transported to a hotel. The next day October 9 after much waiting I was rebooked to Chicago UA 906 with further connection there. This plane did not start either. Waited on the plane for six hours before it finally left so I missed my connection. A few hours rest and back to the airport in the early morning on October 10. I got the flight to San Francisco nearly two days later than was scheduled.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 November 2014 by Siauw Steve    (UK)

UA 28 / UA 940 - London LHR / Newark Liberty EWR return. Outbound flight with refitted B777. Enough entertainment, friendly, helpful staff, simple food, nice overall. Inbound flight, very old B767, but clean cabin and cheerful, helpful staff. I was quite surprised by this quality actually as I frequently hear bad rumours about flying experience with United. Well done.

United Airlines Customer review :  17 November 2014 by A Clarke    (UK)

LHR/EWR/LHR. B757 out and B767 return. Outward flight was just OK. Inflight entertainment was good and the seat fairly comfortable. The big let down was the crew. They were efficient but showed no personality at all and I did not see a single smile from them. The return flight was disappointing. The entertainment system offered very little choice, was shown on tiny screens and from what I could see quite a few screens, including mine, were broken or were only showing half a picture. Again, the crew were robotic with no personality at all and although efficient they seemed totally disinterested. Unlike other airlines on the route who offer a free bar, only soft drinks are free on United. All in all United seem to be offering a budget almost 'No Frills' service but at the same price as other transatlantic carriers who offer a far better experience.

United Airlines Customer review :  12 November 2014 by R Goossen    (Canada)

I have flew twice from Denver to Winnipeg in the last month and both times they say that food is offered for you to purchase and both times they had absolutely nothing to offer. I boarded these flights thinking that at least I can buy something onboard as I did not have time to purchase something in the airport! I was not impressed to say the least.

United Airlines Customer review :  12 November 2014 by M Leong    (USA)

LAX-NRT-SIN. First leg was good on the 787. Food was mediocre and made me appreciate Delta and question myself why i wasn't flying DL that was leaving an hour later out of LAX and Staff basically disappeared between services. The seat was comfortable at least, the IFE was not as good as DL due to the smaller choice of movies. NRT-SIN was on a 772. The crew also disappeared after the meal service (which was also mediocre). My sister and I had our seats moved without being told, but we weren't complaining.

United Airlines Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Ihtsham Nissar    (USA)

I have been flying United for the past 6 years from MAN to EWR and to my dismay it is a total and utter shambles. Within those 6 years I have flown as a solo passenger, whilst being pregnant and then with an infant and later with a toddler. I would not recommend them to a single traveler let alone a pregnant one. The only reason we continued to use this airline was due to the fact that EWR has the most quickest and convenient route home. Apart from that there is nothing that is appealing about the airline. The seats are not the slightest bit comfortable, however you are able to slightly move them back to a tilt. I can disregard the seating as almost all airlines are the same, but the cabin crew were obnoxious, rude and definitely did not seem to enjoy their job. Asking for juice was definitely a chore for them. Next time I will not be flying United, too many years of bad experiences.

United Airlines Customer review :  12 November 2014 by John Beasley    (UK)

LHR to LAX return during October 2014. Check-in unavailable on-line and at auto machine at LHR. Had to join queue despite having carry-on bags only. Outbound flight during daylight. Seat fine. Meal average to poor. Headphones fairly useless making it difficult to watch movies etc. Staff good. Return flight overnight complete contrast. Staff polite but charmless. No drinks unless you pay. ie wine $8.99 glass. Food poor. Both flights on time and at 60 less than BA basic but fairly acceptable.

United Airlines Customer review :  12 November 2014 by C Patel    (USA)

Flew from BOM-EWR. Fairly full flight. Unfortunately I was seated next to an already drunk passenger. Crew (very observant) discreetely intervened and rectified my problem in 2 minutes flat. I was seated aisle side with an empty middle seat (rare treat indeed). My go to drink on United is the premium red wine (Meiomi Pinot Noir) a solid value (70% premium over store price, compared to the 500% premium on beers and booze - only the stupid pays $8 for Johnny Red). Unfortunately they were not carrying it on the flight. The super helpful nice lady comped me with 2 bottles of house red with my dinner andthen brought me a big wine glass (yes, a glass and not the flimsy plastic cup) wfull of amazing cab - from the front! andshe brought it one more time before "bedtime". I was floored by the attentive service of the united flight crew. Hope my relationship with United will continue to thrive.

United Airlines Customer review :  11 November 2014 by L Condon    (UK)

London to Orlando via Washington. Terminal 2, fab help at self serve kiosks swift bag drop and security. Boarding efficient. 777-200 comfortable in aisle seat. Inflight service excellent plenty of soft drink runs expected charge for alcohol so had card with me. 3 choices for dinner, lovely green Thai chicken curry with salad and some type of apple cake. FA's disengaged and going through the motions but professional, no extra touches here. However clean cabin and toilets blanket pillow and headphones on all seats on boarding. Inflight entertainment choices very good. Arrived on time connection in Washington smooth. Crew on 2nd flight less interested but so was I by this point! Was just so relieved to be on this aircraft ad not some of the older smaller jets UA are still using on transatlantic routes.

United Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Tara Kulkarni    (India)

My flight was 2 hours late from MSP to EWR and so I was going to miss my connecting Etihad flight to Mumbai. However the ground staff at MSP were very helpful and booked me on a direct United EWR to BOM flight that was scheduled just an hour later than my original flight. However my good experience stopped there. The premium economy seats were terrible. Not enough leg space and the head support wings were not adjustable vertically which meant anyone shorter than 5 feet 8 inches could not use them. Second, there was no complementary alcohol (not even a glass of red wine) available on the 14 hour flight. I was mentally prepared for their standards but was still let down. On top of which I could pay only by credit card for a drink. Considering I was a Indian tourist, the likelihood of me doing this was very low. The food was terrible and both the veg/non veg meals were almost inedible. The air hostesses were not friendly and avoided eye contact. They seemed very put upon by their job. I don't blame them as they probably had to eat the same food as us. I would never ever book this airline voluntarily.

United Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Gene Adler    (USA)

Flew EWR-HNL-EWR on Oct 24 2014 and returning on Oct 31 2014. The crew on EWR-HNL was quite good. They sure let passengers know that the food available for purchase would be available during entire duration of the flight and all we had to do was come back to the galley. Very important on a long flight with no meal service. They also made sure to go through the aisles with water repeatedly. The crew on the return flight from HNL- EWR left much to be desired.

United Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by L De Caro    (USA)

IAH to DXB via IAD, IAD to DXB 5 hours late, no help from ground staff, I thought that their rules about lengthy delays, evidently not on United, sat in first class lounge for 7 hours. I have never seen such a pathetic excuse for a lounge, the snacks were questionable and the whole lounge is out dated and appears dirty. Cabin staff were clearly annoyed by the delay, imagine I paid for this, my seat area was sticky and dirty, flight attendant was un co-operative when I asked her to clean it. I was never once addressed by my name, the crew clearly thought that they were doing me a favour by even being on the flight. Food was worse than I've ever seen even for a United flight. Fortunately I took my own food, we were told Restroom was reserved for crew, so the 2 restrooms for business class had to serve first class. All food was prepared by bare hands and galley person eat food as she prepared it, also sneezed and even scratched her head whilst preparing food. Other airlines offer pre packed nuts etc. considering the choice of other airlines that fly from the US to UAE United is way behind. Looking at Emirates lounge in Dubai or BA lounge in London puts United at the back of the line. I did arrive in Dubai and so did my luggage but the trip was far from first class and worse still some of the original crew were on my return flight and still equally annoyed by having to perform their duties. Cabin staff are obviously disgruntled and it shows, I wonder what happened to the old continental crews because before the merger continental really wasn't that bad as airlines go. Today's first class on United is not even as good as the old business first on continental. Worse still one of our group who had suffered 15 hours from Dubai to IAD was down graded from IAD to IAH because of over booking. I've learnt my lesson, never again with United.

United Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by K Smyth    (UK)

Having spent the last 7 weeks travelling around the world business class with various airlines, we were very excited about our business first class flights, firstly Honolulu to San Francisco and then Newark to Edinburgh on our journey home. The disappointment started with entry to the lounge on both occasions where no substantial food was offered. Carrots by the truck load and processed cheese on the tiniest crackers did not appeal so we had no option but to head back out to a food retailer for a sandwich at further expense (having spent 6,000 on tickets already for this allegedly upgraded service). Liquid refreshments are limited with my husband being charged for a third drink when I had not even had one! It would appear that United Airlines Cabin Crew, Bar Staff and Club reception staff attend regular classes in being curt, disinterested or just plain rude! Thankfully waiting staff etc do not and are very pleasant. Regarding the plane itself on both occasions, these were very obviously old and incredibly uncomfortable. Sitting in row 2 on both flights subjected we were subjected to cabin crew slamming doors continuously, chatting very loudly or witness several members chomping on food whilst preparing the passengers meagre offerings. Please, United Airlines take note of all these negative reviews, you are offering a low budget service at a Premium price. Having looked around at the miserable faces (staff as well as passengers I might add!) in Newark lounge as I write this it says it all! We will we making as many friends and family aware of this and I'm guessing the others mentioned will too so I guess "what goes around comes around" eventually.

United Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by D Singh    (USA)

Traveled ORD-PEK-ORD in economy. Very minimal service. Lounge offerings for star alliance gold are downgraded. Not even packaged cookies any more. Complimentary bar is extremely low quality, no complimentary alcohol on plane. In- flight movies are OK. Avoid.

United Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Betty Hrubes    (USA)

Just got back home from an around the world trip. 62 hours of total of flying time. Jetstar was not good but I was really disappointed in United Airlines. Our United leg was a 6 hour flight from Newark, NJ to LAX. I felt the seats were to close together. They give you water, coffee or tea once. That is it. I'm so glad I had some snacks with me. You could buy something if you wanted. For a 6 hour flight they should give you something more. No nuts are anything extra. Really Oh if you wanted to watch a movie you had to pay for that too I will never fly with them again. This flight was booked by a travel agent. I have learned my lesson.

United Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Richard Nash    (UK)

Having recently travelled to and from London to Nashville via Newark on United Airlines I do not understand how this airline is still in business. We had 4 flights with them, one cancelled, one delayed 3 hours, and one with the most rude and arrogant staff. The airline is a disgrace.

United Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Streb Lovell    (Taiwan)

ORD to PSP, via Denver, one way in economy. Both flights on time, in fact the flight to PSP was about 20 minutes early. Planes clean. Staff was very competent. They are really starting to put in noticeably smaller seats.

United Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by P Borgardt    (USA)

First Class round trip from San Francisco to St Louis. The flight over was fine. The return trip was on a Sky West jet! The 4 hour flight had no video, the seats were poor and there was no meal, only a snack box! While I'm sure that this saved United Airlines money, I describe it as a bait and switch. I paid the extra for First Class and didn't get what I had paid for.

United Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by J Evans    (USA)

Flew UA from DEN to HNL in First Class. This is apparently a converted Continental plane with full reclining seats in first class. The seat was very comfortable with plenty of room. The food was decent, although the spinach calzone was drowned in a cream sauce - tasty, but not very healthy. The servers were friendly and helpful although after the meal was served about an hour in, you had to make a request for a beverage over the next 5 hours as opposed to any regular beverage service. I rarely fly first class so maybe they expect you to ask for something as opposed to bringing beverages out regularly? The plane had seatback, on-demand entertainment, which was great, except why is it that the UA webpage is still showing their listings for September and October only?

United Airlines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Linda Sullivan    (Australia)

Recently travelled from Australia to US and back this included both international (SYD-LAX) and domestic (LAX-BOS) returning LAX-MEL, was apprehensive as had read critical reviews, however my experience was positive in all aspects. Found cabin staff both helpful and friendly, helping passengers with difficulties in placing on board luggage, this was more a problem on the domestic legs probably because people try to avoid checking in luggage and therefore push the limits with carry ons, I note that some Aussie domestic airlines are cracking down on this so perhaps other airlines will follow. Anyhow just wanted to relay my positive experience with United and would recommend them for a good service at good price. Loved the "Dreamliner" on the return flight!

United Airlines Customer review :  31 October 2014 by McDermott Gail    (Australia)

Our travel agent booked our flights within the USA from Australia. Each leg was on United Airlines. I had read previous bad reviews on this airline, but thought we would give them a go. The experience was okay. The staff were fine, each flight was crowded and each time we were down the rear of the plane. There was nothing remarkable about any of the flights, but at least we arrived safely.

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax