United Airlines Passenger Reviews and United Airlines Customer Trip Reports

a World 3-Star Airline

a World 3-Star Airline

United Airlines
3.0 Star Rating: Fair

United Airlines Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Tumey Charles    (USA)

I fly 3-5 times a month domestically and internationally. My most recent flight was from Houston Texas to Mexico City. I must say that in 20 years of air travel I have never experienced a flight attendant crew as unprofessional as the crew on that plane. They were very short with passengers! The over head bins were full and they asked that stored our bags under the seats in front of us. I am 6' 2", the new planes have even less room to fit your legs and feet. Once you bag goes there where are you to put your feet and legs? Keep in mind all I had was a computer bag. I was sitting mid plane in an aisle seat, I asked if there was any room up further for my computer bag - "No if you don't like it the next flight in 3 hrs is less full if you would like me to arrange it for you". This was the reply in a very threatening tone! A few moments later I watched the same scenario happen to 2 more passengers with the same consequences. Very unprofessional atmosphere! This atmosphere and overall attitude seems to be becoming the normal for United. Flight #431, departed Houston 8.55am, arrived Mex City at 11.10am.

United Airlines Customer review :  21 August 2014 by S Loomis    (USA)

Another cancelled flight! I can't remember the last time a United flight took off on time. Unfortunately, I live in Chicago and take them a lot. 2 cancellations in 2 months. They gave me a few points for the last cancelled flight. Big deal - I have to use them on United. United is so horrible that they actually tried to charge me for scheduling a flight in place of the flight they cancelled! Can we get trains to go Chicago to New York? Boston? It would be wonderful, just like going from Amsterdam to Brussels to Paris. United has ruined travel. What a mess.

United Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by J Arciaga    (USA)

I flew a 747 in first class from San Francisco to Seoul Korea. For a 13 hour flight, I was expected to be tired when I reached my destination. However I was wrong. When I entered the aircraft I was immediately asked what beverage I would like as well as providing hot towels. The crew were very nice and gave us hand written Thank You notes for my business. The food was better than I expected it to be. They served so many appetizers before the main course that I was full. I was so surprised when they asked if I would like ice cream, and customized it with toppings right in front of me! If you were hungry between meals there is a walk up bar that has fruits, snacks, wraps, desserts, etc. The IFE had a huge screen and had all the newest Hollywood blockbusters, tv shows, music, and games. The seats were really comfortable as they had the option to put them 180 degrees so that you can sleep (the armrests automatically go down as the bed reclines) and can sleep comfortably for a tall person. They also had plenty of plugs that accepts USA and other countries plugs. The seats have plenty of storage however found it odd that flight attendants won't allow you to stow things under your seat. I slept right after the Meal service and was woken up just in time for breakfast. I couldn't believe that I could actually get sleep on a plane! It was a great experience flying United and would definitely fly with them again.

United Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Liu John    (USA)

I only had two to three on-time flights from April to June out of more than 10 flights. My flight from Chicago to PVG got cancelled after sitting in the cabin for more than 3 hours in July. Yesterday, my wife and son took same flight (UA835) and got delayed by 5.5 hours. UA staff on board were very rude. I will never fly United Airlines.

United Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2014 by C Murphy    (USA)

Gate agents are rude, flights constantly delayed with no regard to connecting flights and mostly for "crew availability." Our most recent disaster was trying to get home to KC from San Antonio. First flight delayed putting us in Houston an hour after our connection was to leave. Had to call to find another flight since they offered no alternate options. Once in Houston the flight out was delayed twice due to "awaiting aircraft," a third delay due to "crew availability," and at 10pm was finally cancelled, conveniently, due to "weather." Which of course relieves United of any lodging responsibility even though the initial delay which caused this fiasco was fully their fault. Was traveling with my 11 year old son, had no access to our luggage and ended up with a $361 airport hotel bill. They did finally do one thing right in the end that I have to give them credit for, when they rebooked our cancelled flight for the next day, they put us on Delta.

United Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2014 by C Lyttle    (USA)

I had to fly for business to Springfield, IL. United offered the best deal on this flight. We flew from Orlando to Chicago on an Airbus A320. Exit row, very comfortable, nice staff. Flight out of Chicago was delayed 3.5 hours, but staff handled it well. After the delays, we had a hydraulics issue, and had to return to the gate. The flight attendant on board the CRJ-200 aircraft was phenomenal and helped us with anything we needed. She was very professional, and great at helping us arrange things for arrival in Springfield. This was my first time flying United, and even though the delays were outstanding, staff were wonderful at handling it.

United Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2014 by J Smith    (USA)

I was flying CVG-ORD-LHR. Had an onward very good flight to Mumbai with Jet Airways. CVG-ORD flight was alright. Small aircraft, not much of a problem as it was a short trip. It all started once we reached Chicago. After landing, we waited in the aircraft for more than an hour. I reached my gate and asked the United staff about my plane. They clearly said that it was on time. So, I go, eat and come back, and my flight is cancelled! I asked the same staff member again, and she says I have to contact customer service. They tell me that there is another flight in 2 hours and they will transfer me. Told there are only middle seats in the middle row left! Th4 flight was delayed by an hour again and I was sure I would miss my connecting flight. Onboard, the seat was very narrow, no leg room and me being a vegetarian, my special meal did not get transferred onto this flight. The staff were rude, no smiles and hated being even asked for water. The entertainment was the worst I have seen! 4 channels, 4 fixed movies, one on each and they all start at the same time. Absolutely no value for money. As we finally, after 8 hours, land in London I had just 25 mins to go from Terminal 1 to Terminal 4 to catch my next flight, so ran throughout, no option and was one of the last people to catch the plane. I will never fly United again.

United Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2014 by B Porter    (USA)

I was flying recently from Lincoln, NE to Chicago, IL. This flight goes back and forth between the two cities multiple times per day. The Lincoln airport also houses Delta and only has four gates, so it is very small. The first flight left Lincoln and made it to Chicago with no problems. As the flight was coming back to Lincoln, from Chicago, it was diverted to Kansas City, MO, in which the staff members told us that it is too "foggy" to land in Lincoln. What was upsetting was that our flight was delayed three hours and there was not any fog in the area. In fact, there was partial sunshine the day of our flight. The staff did not even apologize or attempt to assist the customers who had connecting flights in Chicago. Once on the aircraft, the flight attendant was very rude and demeaning. For example, we were at the back of the airplane, and we did not even receive a beverage before we landed, in which the flight attendant told us that we did not need one because she ran out of time.

United Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Tracy Willner    (USA)

My husband, myself and 3 year old was supposed to fly out the 12th of Aug at 6.10pm. Our flight was delayed 3 times. Then we were told now we had to stay the night at Richmond airport or at O'Hare. We had a choice. We decided to just go home and come back to the 7.45am flight. We got the airport at 6am and was told our flight was delayed until 9am but our connecting flight took off at 9am. So at this point we had no flight out of O'Hare. The airline told us we could sleep at O'Hare on the floor for 7 hrs and couldn't promise a flight out. We did change to American Airlines but did have to wait 5 hrs for that flight. We slept on an airport floor until we left. But no issues after we got off of United.

United Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2014 by S Whis    (USA)

Flew from Dulles to Brussels on what was described by crew as "a better option than Dulles to Newark to Brussels" and then were left in Belgium with no baggage and no attempt of help from United. We ended up going to Morocco from there and were helped by both Air Maroc and the Belgians. On the way back to the U.S. we were then bumped from our flight due to United giving away our pre-booked tickets to another family. They then complained to us that we were late, when we were in fact 3 hours early.

United Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2014 by P Stephenson    (USA)

Horrible experience on a Tuesday night flight, United flight delays because of some rain from Charleston WV to Chicago caused me to miss flight to Memphis. United only rebooked flight the next day. No offer to put up in hotel. Had to stay in the airport and just sit for 9 hours waiting on the next flight (which got delayed too). It took over 19 hours to go from Charleston to Memphis. I should have taken a Greyhound bus, it would have been much cheaper and faster. Horrible service, they simply don't care. Never will fly United again.

United Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Kandace Young    (USA)

My husband and I went to Cozumel from Dallas and back with United. The night before out flight I tried to check in and on one of our flights the only way to get to claim seats was by paying 40$ per person. Ridiculous as I had booked the flight months ago. Departing there was a 40 min delay due to "lack of personnel" but as we were boarding the pilot came on saying there was no reason for the delays and that the crew were all there. On the way home the same issue of not being able to claim seats without paying. Then on the way home we had a delay once again from Houston to Dallas. The first delay was due to "awaiting aircraft" and it was 50 min, then we boarded the plane 15 mins late due to delayed customers, then a final delay of 45 min due to operations. Absolutely ridiculous, especially as I paid 100 dollars more for an earlier flight.

United Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Tercon Bojan    (Singapore)

Flying on this United Express service Embraer RJ 135 from Houston to Nashville was a very claustrophobic experience. Being 190cm, when I walked in, I had to seriously bend over for the ceiling is very low. The 2-1 seating configuration is a good indicator of how small and narrow the cabin really is. All-in-all, felt like flying in a cigar tin can. These regional jets are not my favourite, yet they seem to be getting more prevalent in the United network.

First class on this new 737-900 seems to have more leg room than what I recall from the old first class. Add to that the comfy seats and the experience is quite OK. This 3+ hour flight from San Francisco to Houston had a much improved service - the United staff finally seem to be having some fun and are proud again of their airline. It shows. Besides the service, the meals have also improved. There are more healthy choices, such as a salad with grilled chicken and fresh toppings, chicken wrap and the likes. And then there are those sumptuous warm chocolate cookies that they serve at the end. This flight had not IFE so I resorted to using my iPad and paid for the very inexpensive inflight wifi service. I was shocked how great the wifi onboard worked and for only $2/hour. This is a game changer.

United Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2014 by David Hunt    (USA)

I have been flying JFK to Dulles now for 4 weeks on the Friday 2.29 departure. It has never left on time and is generally 1 hour late. On Friday 8/8/14 it left 3 hours late. On two occasions the problem has been mechanical. One time because we needed to put more fuel on as we were given a new flight route. 140 mins longer than originally planned. I guess we were cutting it close before the re-route. All in all it is a bad flying experience. Their tag line should read "you would be better off driving".

United Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Lin Jing    (USA)

My wife and son took United Airlines this summer back form China and transfer in Newark airport. The connection flight and last flight of the day was cancelled due to thunder storms. During the time they waited for their next flight, United Airlines did not provide any accommodation, they has to sit in gate area seats the whole night until next day. A horrible experience.

United Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Nijjar Parminder    (Canada)

Horrible experience flying with United Airlines. From Calgary to Orlando two flights and no snacks provided. My kids were so upset not having any entertainment. TV did not show any channels unless you pay with your credit card. Snacks, only if you pay. Missed a connecting flight and delayed due to weather. Waited in line for 3 hours and then boarded. Still no complimentary snacks provided to passengers. No taxi voucher provided due to missed flight. I had to pay more than $200 USD to taxi and I stayed in hotel for only 5 hours. Cost me more time and money to stay for those 5 hours. When I went to board the flight I was told only 2 members of my family could board, they did not have space for all four. Options I was given was to connect to flights to different cities which would cost me more time. Paid over $160 for baggage. I will make sure no one in my family fly with this airline.

United Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Marcela Martinez    (USA)

The second time United Airline had failed me. The first was on October 2013. This review is about my last flight in August 14. I was flying from Houston, Texas to LAX. There was a storm near Texas and we were delayed about 2 hours. I understand there are natural disasters out of the airlines control. The problem is how these situations are handled. First, one of the flight attendants seemed annoyed by people asking if they could use the restroom and get some water. The other flight attendant was very nice and she tried her best to accommodate peoples needs. Once we were in the air they started selling food to people about an hour into the flight. I have a gluten free restriction and they had very limited options. I wanted the cheese plate with grapes and chocolate and they sold out! That was pretty much my only option. Finally we arrived to LAX 2+ hours late and the gate didn't work. So we waited once again to be let out. Finally it was time to go get my luggage, which was taken from me in Texas because there was no more room for my bag. I was the last one on the flight because they had a computer glitch and they couldn't find my seat. It took them about 20 minutes to fix the problem. They didn't tell me if I should wait by the door or go to baggage claims once I arrive at LAX. Once I arrived at LAX I tried asking about my luggage but there was big lines to talk to someone. There seem to be many other problems last night. Finally I asked one United flight attendant and with an attitude she told to go to baggage claim. I told her nobody had explained to me where to get my bag and she was annoyed with my questions. I had flown in other airlines were my luggage was given to me once I exited the plane! It was a legitimate question. Once I was in baggage claim they had about 5 different places two pick up luggage. 3 out of the 5 screens was broken. I asked another Inited employee where I could get my luggage and again with an attitude she said "Obviously it's right there can't you see it?". I told her their screens are broken so no I can't see it. Most United Airline employees are rude, disrespectful and not helpful. They seem to hate their job. Unfortunately, this is the 2nd time I have such a horrible experience with United.

United Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Susan Gibson    (Canada)

Calgary Airport to Houston (George Bush) on 31st July 2014. Connecting flight from Houston (George Bush) Airport to Orlando. Returned on 11th August. Orlando to Houston, Houston to Calgary. What can I say but after reading such dreadful reviews before our trip I should have listened and gone with another airline! We experienced the worst service ever. Delayed flights, once they told us that the wrong plane had been sent. How do you send the wrong plane. 100 people too small. Miserable gum chewing flight attendants, that looked like they'd just crawled out of bed. Nearly bumped off one flight altogether and the staff couldn't care less. We even had to pay for inflight entertainment. I seriously don't think they even care if no one wants to fly with them again.

United Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2014 by J Eddy    (USA)

UA 511, SEA-IAD. I am United 1 K, but increasingly moving my travel to Delta and other carriers. UA has tanked since its merger. Bad experience started at check-in, who incorrectly told me I could not through-check bags to KBL (eventually she did), and then berated me. Plane was tired, no internet, minimal entertainment. Also minimal food in first class, but I'll give a pass on that.

United Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2014 by C Kay    (UK)

Houston - Indianapolis - Houston. Both sectors on an Embraer 145 aircraft that had some of the hardest seat cushions I've ever experienced. Not much in the way of service considering it was a two hour flight, but then again there is not much room in these aircraft. Overall, basic but on time.

United Airlines Customer review :  16 August 2014 by Eric Stombaugh    (USA)

United Airlines needs serious work on maintenance, pilots and air crew. I fly (or used to up till now) about 6 times a month for the last 6 years. I can count on 1 hand the number of flights that actually left or arrived on time. There were crew issues (I sat at the gate with the plane present for over 1.5 hrs waiting on a crew from another flight to show up). There were maintenance issues (we are on the plane which was late showing up in the first place, supposed to leave at 8.50 plane shows up 9.20. Load the plane by 9.40, sit at the gate because main door would not indicate sealed until 10.15 then cancelled flight. Wait over 12 hours for a new flight). Pilot issues (plane late arriving again, after 2 hour delay pilots get on load plane, plane pulls out of gate, then returns to gate. Pilots leave flight their hours are up. Time used while sitting at gate on phones not flying). If I'm late by 1 minute the door shuts can't get on the plane, ok my fault. I sit waiting for over 12 hours because the plane has issues, suck it up not even a sorry.

United Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by S Krishnamoorthi    (USA)

We sent our son, 11 years old, from San Francisco to Austin, TX for a trip on his own. When we were booking his flight on united.com, it said that there was a mandatory $300 airline service fee for unaccompanied minors, if a child is under 12. The $300 was supposed to pay for a mandatory "unaccompanied minor service". According to them, the fee will give the child a United representative to be of help at all times. When we got to the airport, though, we learned that the "service" was a scam, and that they weren't going to do anything for my son. We thought they were going to help him through security and onto the gate, but no. They told us that we could have gate passes and go through the security line and help him onto his flight. We were expecting them to help my son for anything he needed, but it seemed that they were treating him like he was an adult, and didn't care that he was going on a flight all by himself. Today, he is supposed to come back from Austin, but his flight is delayed due to technical difficulties for 5 hours, and instead of taking care of my son, as I have paid them to do so, I they instead have called my son's aunt, whom my son was living with in Austin, and asked her to come and wait with my son for the duration of the time. We are wondering why we have paid this fee and what it even includes. When his aunt went to tell the the airline service that my son has the unaccompanied minor service, they told her that they don't care and that she must wait in the line like everyone else. This is horrible service, and is terrible compared to other airlines. I will not be flying with United Airlines after this experience.

United Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by Grundy Vanessa    (Canada)

We flew home from Germany to Alberta, Canada, we had a stop over in Chicago IL. United Airlines had the worst service we have ever had from an airline company. The people were very unhelpful. Here is what happened, an explanation of why we are so disappointed. The customer service was the worst we have had. It was our honeymoon, we boarded our initial flight in Barcelona Spain with a different airline, they flew us to Germany at which point we were to get on our UA flight. The first thing that annoyed us was that the UA airline baggage people didn't even make an effort to get our luggage on our first UA flight (this is something we didn't find out until we were already in Chicago). The lady we spoke to in Chicago simply said "you had a short layover and in cases like that we don't get the luggage because its too difficult." Once we were in Chicago and realized our baggage hadn't made it onto our plane, we were told that it would be very easy to give the UA baggage office our address and they would ship them to us the next day. So we landed in Calgary (an hour late) and went to the UA baggage office to report our missing bags and give our address to them. We waited at their office for 1.5 hrs. This was a very frustrating experience in regards to the baggage and customer service. On a final note, I would not recommend traveling with United Airlines (Lufthansa)!

United Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by Filsone Tony    (USA)

United Airlines business or first class to Aruba is very bad. Misleading advertising, service and claimed equipment is false. No inflight entertainment as advertised. No video or music in First Class. Seats, tray and pockets all dirty with food and garbage from last passenger. This was a brand new plane and in first class the seats were so close I could not get out of my seat without disturbing the passenger in front of me or to my side. Food was spoiled with rancid oil used. Staff could care less. Not even power for my laptop to get work done. Wi-Fi, entertainment, power all advertised and paid for but got none of it. All bait and switch. This was a blatant rip-off of a consumer. Make you pay for services and then you don't get them.

United Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by De Stefani    (France)

I flew 3 times with UA during our July 2014 vacations: a round trip Houston-Managua and Houston-Munich. 1) Houston-Managua-Houston: a 3 hour trip and neither a packet of peanuts nor a coke to offer. All was chargeable but water. Never experienced it before with a major airline. 2) Houston-Munich: Firstly our initial flight was cancelled after a 4 hours wait. Ground staff overwhelmed. We waited 2 hours more for rebooking on next day flight, they lodged us for overnight in a poor hotel. When finally we took the next days flight, crew on board were unpleasant, neither a smile nor a "thank you" especially for the offloaded passenger of the previous day. Lunch and breakfast were unacceptable except for pets. Frankly I'm not a demanding guy nor a pain but I will never take this airline anymore.

United Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by Alexa Barry    (USA)

After taking a red-eye from San Francisco, I was bumped from my flight. It happens, the planes were switched but the very blatant tension selection of those who got left behind was very frustrating. The customers left behind had booked their flight well in advance and there seemed to be a consistent trait, we were connectors from SF. The question of whether I was in for an adventure aka a delayed flight to a completely different location was condescending. No apology until I dealt with a woman at the end of the process. She treated the situation with sensitivity and realized that as a traveler and customer this could possibly be stressful and frustrating. As their customer it seemed like my Sunday was worth less than everyone on the plane. Perhaps they should under board planes, not over board them to make more money.

United Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by S Bryan    (USA)

I have had several problems with UA over the years and tend to avoid them, but recently, I had no good option other than to travel with them from SFO to Dulles, round-trip in economy class. The return flight, on a 757-300, was horrific, with turbulence for hours. The pilot never really commented on it other than a brief, "It's bumpy so I've turned on the seat belt sign". I am only 5' 2" and 105 lbs. and I was unable to sit without my knees hitting the seat in front of me. There was no in-flight entertainment at all. I will continue to avoid flying UA at all costs even though they have a hub near us in SFO. My past grievance with them concerned their small seats, rude flight staff, and last-minute flight cancellations, back-to-back with other, overbooked flights. While turbulence is turbulence, it was handled very poorly.

United Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by Teresa Wall    (USA)

Flight from Cancun to Houston 8/5/14, arrived at the airport 2.5 hrs prior's to flight time of 3.02pm. It took the entire 2.5 hours to get through the check in line. Ended up having to run to catch the plane. Don't know why they didn't open more lanes, the line never got any shorter. When we finally got to the front the line was just as long if not longer than we got there 2.5 hours earlier. Stewardess's were not friendly. Only good thing was flight was on time.

United Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by M Trumpold    (China)

The in-flight service and cabin cleanliness was terrible. I have flown this flight before it has been fine. This time around the flight staff were rude or off-handish. One flight attendant abruptly placed the food tray stating 'only chicken' when another flight attendant actually had pasta. When questioned we were spoken to rudely. The toilets were not cleaned, on other airlines they clean as you go. My wife mentioned to the flight attendants and their reply was 'you should see the rest of China' - we actually live in Beijing. They also said that she should wait until Beijing when it will be cleaned. Also, in years past (18 years I have been flying with UAL) United had been much better. Flight attendants didn't know when to turn lights on or off or when they were suppose to start the food/beverage services. Where has the United I once knew gone?

United Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by Hector Lopez    (USA)

I have flown with United Airlines multiple times, so this is no "one time" incident. To have a something go wrong is almost unavoidable. My last experience, for example, was the last flight of a series of flights from Prague to New Orleans, if only it were that easy. The final flight, from Washington to New Orleans, was supposed to leave at 6:50. There was a "late inbound aircraft arrival" which kept us all in the airport for 3 hours constantly being reassured that the flight would be there shortly. I wish I could say that this incident was the only time it has happened, but unfortunately this is a feeling quite familiar to a United Aircraft flyer.

United Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by V Brown    (USA)

July 23rd, GRR-ORD-LAX-LAS and on July 29th, LAS-DEN-GRR. The staff at United were so friendly and helpful! The flights were easy, quick and problem free. Even with an hour delay between connections we made it into our destination on time! We needed to change our seats so we could sit together and the attendants at both gates were quick and friendly about helping us!

United Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by K Kuprowski    (USA)

8am flight from Winnipeg to Chicago cancelled 12 hours early due to weather. How the airline knew there would be weather issues that far in advance is beyond me. The earlier flight and the later flight taking the same route went as scheduled. Was re-booked, unknown to me, with an overnight in Denver (final destination was Tampa). After much difficulty finding a number for the airline was able to get a different flight however leaving Aug 6th instead of 5th. Then asked to be refunded the checked baggage fee and was told I have to do that myself online. Checked the weather this morning and the skies between Winnipeg and Chicago all clear. Will stay clear of United from now on.

United Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by David Liebskind    (USA)

United has become a terrible airline since the merger with Continental. The service, customer focus and experience have all declined in the past few years. United no longer values loyal customers and it is evident by their service and how they treat their loyal members. I have been a loyal member for 20 years and have decided it is time to find another airline who will treat their passengers better and create a better flight and service experience. The delays also have been horrendous lately with waiting for flight crews to arrive.

United Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by James Gerwin    (USA)

Flew Houston-Denver in Economy Plus. UAL charges you extra for deplorable seats. So narrow that the normal sized guy next to me was half in my seat. And the so called extra leg room is a scant 3 inches more for $50. The guy in front reclined his seat all the way, ans I thought I was in a tiny cage. UAL charges for AV service. The snack pack for $8 was just OK. The flight staff was friendly - the only positive about this airline.

United Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by Agustin Xandrew    (Canada)

YWG-ORD, BUF-ORD. My flight was supposed to be at 6am but they had us waiting for 2 hours before they cancelled it, they rebooked me on a flight that was 11 hours later. On the same trip going back from Buffalo, the flight was 3 hours late, worst flight experience ever. I know flying United is sometimes cheaper, but its not even worth it.

United Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by Analise Fagan    (USA)

I booked a straight flight from Washington Dulles to Toronto, CA. Keep in mind that this was a weekend trip and I was supposed to return Monday afternoon. My departing flight was scheduled for 3.20pm and we boarded around 4pm. The pilot announced that the door could not close completely so we had to wait for an Engineer to fix it. We waited on the plane for an hour. The Engineer came and it took an additional 30 minutes. We got on the runway then the pilot announced that Toronto had issued a no-fly restriction due to severe thunderstorms. We waited on the runway for an hour. They took us back to the terminal and after about 2 0minutes, it was time to take off, again. We got back on the runway, went to the same spot to prepare for take-off when the pilot announced that Toronto Intl. issued another no-fly restriction and we had to wait 30 more minutes. So we did. Then later, they called the plane off the runway and cancelled the flight. It took 2 hours to get to customer service so they could help me get on another flight. The Agents were so rude and barely attempted to help me find something that would take me to Toronto that night! Ended up booking me on a 5.45am flight Saturday morning. I left Washington Airport at 11pm. Saturday morning I got on a connecting flight through Texas. What was supposed to be a straight flight to Toronto took 6 hours! To make matters worse, my new booking was out of Reagan Airport so I had to adjust my return flight. They gave me a flight back on Air Canada (the Toronto to Chicago leg). I stood in line to check in and learned from the agent at Air Canada that United never officially reserved the seat for me. I had to run to United, get them to reserve the flight, give me a print out so that I could return to Air Canada. I connected in Chicago. The United flight from Chicago to DC was hour late. I lost time, money and sleep. United had no compassion and was unapologetic.

United Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by M Pietrantuono    (Canada)

Completely disorganized, unfriendly and the least bit helpful. The customer service from the second I came into the airport in Toronto were so unwelcoming. After printing out my boarding passes at the kiosk with no help, (Sunwing kiosks had assistants walking around assisting people) struggled with a kiosk, and then headed to the line to check bags in. The girl at the desk just seemed so unimpressed and was very cold towards my family and I. Upon going through customs it was very disorganized and very little help was offered while at the receipt kiosks. While going through baggage check the man checking our carry ons was telling everyone that passed that our flight was cancelled. Mind you, the smartphone app said the flight was on time, early actually. We then got into the waiting area, there was just a sense of panic going on and nobody knew what was going on. A flight attendant came and confirmed it was cancelled. Maybe 10 minutes went by and another flight attendant came by and said it was in fact running on time and not to worry. All in all very disorganized and unwelcoming. I've always flown with Sunwing and I guess next time I won't be travelling with United.

United Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by Almedal So    (Sweden)

Flight from Detroit to New York was 3 hours late, which meant we arrived so late that there was nothing left of the day despite only a 1 hr 50 min flight. On the flight from NY to Stockholm we never experienced such unprofessional and unpleasant behaviour from the cabin crew. Overall grumpy except one younger female flight attendant. The older female was very harsh and unfriendly. We will never fly United Airlines again.

United Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by R Williams    (USA)

HNL/LAX: The return flight from Honolulu to LAX was cancelled. Even though UA had our contact information, we were never notified that our flight had been cancelled. It wasn't until we went online to do our check-in that we found out about the cancelled flight. The first reservationist we spoke to was not very helpful. She had us booked to return home the next day in economy and not first class as was paid for, stating this was all that was available. We weren't satisfied with her "solution" so we called UA back and spoke with another reservationist who was more helpful. Not only did she offer us another first class flight, but it was also on the same day as originally planned (not the next day). Dealing with the first reservationist was very frustrating.

United Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2014 by J Freeman    (Australia)

MEL-SYD-LAX-IAH-GIG. Paid an economy ticket and was upgraded on all flights to Business using one global credit. Service out of Melbourne was superb - attentive crew and a light load. Out of Sydney the flight was full but again the crew were attentive and service was fairly good. The flight LAX/IAH was particularly good - the crew were amazing. The last flight IAH-GIG was superior - the 772 was much newer than the one used on the SYD-LAX route and crew did not disappear for hours in the middle of the flight. The dinners were good but the breakfasts average. Considering the price paid for the ticket I was pleasantly impressed. All flights left on time and arrived on schedule or ahead of schedule. After 39 hours of travel time I was left feeling not too bad!

United Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by J Lamont    (USA)

HNL-ORD. Overnight in a B777-200. United is refurbishing these aircrafts-and we wished they would hurry it up! No sound, A/V, Wi-Fi. No entertainment whatsoever (but at least no one had worked the Sudoku in my "Hemispheres" mag.). My seat worked ok, but my wife had to manually lift the leg support on hers, and couldn't unhinge the foot rest. Then in addition, the reading light for her seat wouldn't turn off. On-board staff were great: sincerely apologetic for the lack of amenities, profusely sympathetic about the seat problems. Service was excellent. Dinner was very good, breakfast less so but still appreciated. This could be a very good trip once the planes are fixed up.

United Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by M Gephart    (USA)

LAX-ORD-FRA-EWR-LAX last month. All flights arrived on time with no major issues. ORD-FRA on 747 and FRA-EWR on 777. Had upper deck on the 747 and it's the best place on the plane. Less people in a much more secluded environment. On both directions, the crew was congenial and the service was top notch. I appreciated being thanked for my business and for flying UA. The United Club in EWR was a bit crowded for my liking but overall a great experience on all 4 legs. I fly almost every week and they tend to get me where I need to go on-time.

United Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by W Campbell    (USA)

I boarded UAL 771, July 25th, SFO to LAX. I had an International flight to catch on another airline. While I have had my share of grumpy UAL flight attendants I immediately noticed a different energy in the FC cabin when I entered (I bought FC - it was not a complimentary upgrade). There were two male flight attendants being warm and welcoming. They were constantly seeing what passengers needed (it was a 24 seat 757). They knew how to handle every request and not just with a sterile perfunctory smile. The mood among all of the passengers was noticeably different. I'm not sure that many of UAL's FA's know how significant they are in creating an energy on the plane among the people by the way they welcome and serve the passengers. Most FA's know how to serve a cup of water. That does not take much skill. However, to serve the water and give the sense that it is done graciously is something else.

United Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by W Bickmore    (UK)

Flight from ORD to Edinburgh was first delayed and then cancelled at 7pm due to "aircraft maintenance". We were told to stay at the gate where a 'recover' team would rebook us onto other flights. It took each agent about 15 minutes to deal with each customer and then after standing in line for an hour we were told that we had to leave the gate as it was needed for another flight. We were told to go and join the back of the long queue at the Customer Services desk across the hall. After standing in line for almost another hour we were told that the best that could be done would be to put us on the flight the next day. Luckily, I checked and found an American Airlines flight to London Heathrow leaving at 9.40pm that night with an onward connection to Edinburgh with British Airways. The American and BA staff were courteous and helpful, unlike the United staff who didn't seem to give a damn.

United Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by K Krebs    (USA)

UA982, 12/23/2013. United provided me with the worst traveling experience of my life. I spent 24 hours in Kuwait City airport after a cancelled flight. United gave me the run-around, promising flight after flight, which were all already overbooked. The only compensation I received was a complimentary hotel room. I got to the hotel at 1.30am and they took me back to the airport at 4am to catch a flight that was, of course, overbooked. I finally got a flight (on a different airline) 12 hours later. I understand that some circumstances simply cannot be helped. That is the gamble that goes along with travel. It is the being lied to and treated so poorly which made my experience so terrible.

United Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by Dwight Darrow    (USA)

I write this review sitting in the Milwaukee Wisconsin airport. My flight from Milwaukee to Chicago has been first cancelled then delayed twice. I should have driven to Chicago. Missed two connecting flights. Should have bee in Hartford, CT at 10am then 2pm now 4pm. What an absolute joke. When an airline can't provide adequate service from Milwaukee to Chicago they should just fold up their tent and go home. Don't pretend to be a transportation service when you can't transport people as promised. Scheduled this trip specifically to attend a theatre production produced by a friend. Attending that event, despite my best planning, is being placed in jeopardy by this airline.

United Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by Ramona Dvorak    (USA)

The worst airlines I have flown in years! Kiosks were confusing and not enough help to use them. Both round trip flights from Boston to San Francisco were packed to the gills. Seats were terrible and cramped and it felt like you were sardines. Absolutely no snacks at all! Food offerings looked so bad even the staff said not to buy most of them. They have the audacity on the flight back to charge passengers for direct TV with no free channels at all! No cool circulating air so it felt suffocating! Seats terrible and uncomfortable. Staff agreed with our complaints. Flight was one hour late getting into Boston.

United Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by K Dixon    (USA)

HKG-SFO, July 28 2014, Economy Plus. Quite simply, the worst over-pacific flight I've had (I've had about 70+). The United International Economy Plus product is quite simply one of the worst available when aboard a crusty old 747. The IFE was antiquated and the movies were b-movies at best. The plane is old and crusty and desperately in need of an update. Flight attendants were indifferent and nearly tossed meal trays onto your fold down tray. Seats were dilapidated. Flight took off and landed late. This United international product is sub-standard and should be an embarrassment to United Airlines. With Star Alliance partners ANA and Asiana both offering superior product at same price, why would anyone fly United? Quite simply, the other airlines do a better job on these routes.

United Airlines Customer review :  4 August 2014 by R Broadhead    (UK)

LHR-ORD-LHR. Initial impressions of United were not great as I attempted to check in online only to find that their website system 'could not check you in at this time' after going through the whole process! United now operate from the new terminal 2 at Heathrow which is a big improvement. However upon boarding it was noticeable that the 767 was quite old (pre Boeing 'signature interior', and my seat was uncomfortable. The IFE system is also outdated and was unreliable. However the flight was punctual. The check in system for my return flight ORD-LHR was poor. Initial check in at the airport required using an automated terminal, but I could not select a seat as these are allocated at the gate. It is then necessary to queue again to be allocated a seat. There is also not enough space in the departure area to accommodate everyone travelling on the flight. The onboard conditions were also similar on the return flight to the outbound (same aircraft type), except that I was bumped down into the standard economy section from the Economy Plus section. As someone who is 6ft plus this meant squeezing into a cramped seat with minimal legroom - totally unsuitable for a lengthy flight. In addition they ran out of meal choices so passengers had to 'get what they are given'. United also have a stingy policy of charging for alcoholic drinks at inflated prices. Once again the seat was not comfortable and the IFE system was not even working this time. Thankfully arrival was slightly early and the arrival process at Heathrow was most efficient. I will try to avoid flying with United again until they improve the quality of their product.

United Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Connery Chas    (UK)

In May my flight from Newark to Toronto was cancelled due to bad weather - eventually, 3 hours after boarding and sitting on the tarmac. I was then left stranded, as an international passenger, trying to deal with a very surly United ground staff "customer service agent", who told me either to sleep overnight in the airport or find a hotel? No help or assistance. I complained to United officially on my return to the UK and in fact they "granted" me a voucher for $150 off my next booking. They added that they hoped that this did not give me a bad impression of United. Unfortunately I had already made my next booking to the US with United, travelling Belfast to Newark to Knoxville early July. Flights from Newark to Knoxville cancelled, two days in a row. As there are 3 of us this time I have to find hotels for 2 nights in a row. One positive that came of this was that United re-routed us to Knoxville via Atlanta using Delta. On the way back from Knoxville, via Washington to Newark the United flight was delayed by 2 hours. We are then re-routed from Washington to London then Belfast. It maybe incidental to note that no other airlines had delays at Knoxville that day? At least we get home, albeit some 4 hours later than expected. Due to delays in arriving we miss the connection London to Belfast. Luckily, this flight is on a British Airways plane so I go to BA and it is sorted - promptly and courteously by a nice customer service lady.

United Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2014 by J Graham    (USA)

First Class from LA to Dulles. When breakfast service came, they had cereal and fruit. That's the meal for a $3000 ticket. The attendant repeatedly told me, "That is all we currently have available". I offered to buy my own breakfast from the coach menu and was informed that I would indeed have to purchase my meal. On my return flight, scheduled at 2.30 pm from Dulles, the flight was delayed twice then cancelled at 6pm. Provided with a $100 coupon - certainly doesn't pay for a hotel room in DC. My original plan - flying back on the 10.10 pm flight indeed proved irrational. It was also delayed. I asked the customer service agent to put me on American 6.15 flight to LA. She refused, pointing out that I was on backup for 10.10 pm with United. She reissued my ticket on American at the coach rate. She also incorrectly copied down the gate to delay my progress. Thankfully, they were on the same concourse. When I made it to American, I indeed confirmed that there still was an open first class ticket. The lovely American agent called United and unfortunately did no better than I had for the past three hours finding someone who could reissue the ticket as first class. American, graciously, put me in the last seat without any help and much hindrance from United. I can honestly say that one should strongly consider their well being before booking a United flight.

United Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2014 by R Singletary    (USA)

Went ORD-DCA-ORD to visit family. On a regional jet, the flight was still somewhat comfortable. Coming back to Chicago, there was some confusion with passengers who needed to get seats together and while I didn't mind moving, I would hope they could try and resolve these things before the plane is full and it becomes hard to move around because of people in aisles, etc.

United Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Pennestri Phillip    (USA)

This is usually a good airline - except when flying out of Santa Barbara, CA. They share with Skywest and this is a horrible partnership. The gate agents in SBA are horrific and could not care less about their customers. They canceled our flight and the next flight and the next flight on our anniversary weekend. Their only excuse was that skywest never responds and this always happens. If I offered that at my place of business I would be out of business.

United Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2014 by R Singletary    (USA)

Had a multi-city going ORD-PEK and NRT-LAX-ORD. First leg was okay with the in-flight entertainment being satisfactory. On the first leg service was acceptable with it seeming the best on my NRT-LAX part of the itinerary. However because I went on standby for an earlier LAX-ORD flight, the agent service *inside* the airport was actually quite poor as I was actually yelled at (along with a whole line of delayed passengers) by one of their agents. At this point I plan on only flying United for domestic flights because I'm a Star Alliance Gold member but otherwise there are much better airlines for any future international trips I may take in the future.

United Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Richard Birnbaum    (USA)

First class on 767-400 round trip Newark-Honolulu. Seat and entertainment couldn't be better. Meal service was an embarrassment in both directions. Departed Newark 9.15am, served an omelette an hour later, then not a morsel until an inedible cheeseburger an hour before landing. Departed Honolulu 8.10pm, served a snack of hummus, peppers, feta with a bag of chips, then not a morsel until an inedible breakfast sandwich 45 minutes before landing. I politely complained and was offered a chicken wrap from economy. I offered to pay but money refused. This is not a route with complimentary upgrades. Everyone paid to sit up front. I can't understand why UA continues to alienate customers.

United Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2014 by D Nebeta    (USA)

I checked in and went to gate and all was fine for our flight from SFO to Portland. Went to have lunch and came back 10 mins before boarding there was a cancellation of our flight. The next flight and all fights were full leaving from any airport Oakland, San Jose, etc. They could not accommodate us on any flight until the next morning. I ended up driving 12 hours. I am so disappointed that we were not notified ahead of time, even just a couple of hours and I could have made other arrangements. The worst part is the cancellation was due to them being understaffed! Ridiculous reason and poor planning on their part.

United Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Saketh Rahm    (USA)

I have flown UA 4 times from DEN-LGA over the last 2 months; As a Gold card holder I have been upgraded on 5/8 segments. Surprisingly all flights have been on time and even one landed 20 min early. In First, UA is decent, though they could learn from Delta about better food. All crew were friendly and actually smiled and were chatty with passengers. In Coach, most crew also seemed decent and I like their snack boxes. Main problem is lack of consistent product with some aircraft with Wi-Fi, some with PTVs and some with nothing. DEN and SFO based crews clearly nicer then EWR based ones.

United Airlines Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Steve Edgett    (USA)

Because I wanted to try a 787, I flew LAX-Shanghai, then returned on a 747-400 Shanghai-SFO. While the seats are more-or-less simulated business class, and the entertainment selection is quite good, the service quality is the worst in my 35 year experience. The "flight attendants" apparently come to work only to qualify for free travel, as they most certainly do not go out of their way to provide anything approaching "service". The meals and drinks were delivered with all of the passion one expects when one of these veterans delivers the FAA pre-flight announcements. I despised making any contribution to wages these people did not earn. Given a choice between United and Aeroflot, I'll likely choose Aeroflot. I fly 10-12 times per year and make the Asia flight 406 times annually, this round trip is the worst I've had in 35 years of travel. My advice: fly anyone but United.

United Airlines Customer review :  30 July 2014 by M Nunez    (USA)

I was flying from Orlando to Vegas with connection in Houston. First flight was delayed about 4 hours (not due to weather so it was just because of United and their lack of or poor maintenance of planes). This made me miss my connecting flight, so I had to wait in the huge line to get a flight to Vegas. I finally made it to Vegas about 5 hours later. They didn't apologize or give me anything for the inconvenience. Then the day came for my flight back to Orlando, which I was dreading. My flight from Vegas to Houston wasn't too delayed so I figured it was a good day. Boy was I wrong. I arrive in Houston at around 2.30pm only to find out that my flight back home was cancelled and they put me on a flight to Orlando the next day at 9pm. I had to wait in the massive customer service line to see if I could get on an earlier flight. After about an hour I get to the front and they told me they can put me on a flight to Jersey with a connection to Orlando. It would get me home by 1am so I figured to do that. Well, surprise surprise the flight to Jersey was delayed, which made me miss the flight to Orlando which was the last flight. I had to stay the night in Jersey at the airport, because they wouldn't pay for any hotel. All in all, they had me hopping from state to state like if this was a game and never apologized. I'll never fly with them again.

United Airlines Customer review :  30 July 2014 by M Buenavista    (UK)

UA 922, 20 July: My name is one of three called out for last boarding due to delayed UA 1711 flight from Boston to Newark due to a mechanical problem as we were told. The delay did not augur well for my not-so-pleasant experience in the flight: no water in the loo, food was miserable (the sweet sour chicken meal was kind of soupy and was tasteless), and one particular stewardess was quite snappy. The good thing was the uneventful flight which was a relief considering the week's news. Another good thing was my "seatmate" was transferred next to family so I had two seats to myself. My "no" recommendation was specifically for this plane and crew.

United Airlines Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Salemson Edith    (USA)

When boarding United flight 919 from LHR to IAD on July 22 2014, I was mortified to be humiliated by a flight attendant because I could not reach the overhead bin to stow my carry on bag. The plane is large and I am 5'1, not tall enough to reach the bin. At 69 I also do not have strength to lift a bag over my head. Berating this to me, she said if I could not put the bag in the bin myself then it would have to be checked. Other passengers were shocked at her response to my predicament and of course a kindly tall gentleman immediately put it in the bin for me. On departing the aircraft a tall woman who had heard the attendant earlier, came over to take down the bag. The attendant's attitude and manner was very rude. I was in seat 27D for which I had to pay an extra $125. I have been flying across the Atlantic for 53 years. This was my first and hopefully last trip I'll make on United.

United Airlines Customer review :  30 July 2014 by C MacKinnon    (New Zealand)

Being from New Zealand, I have to fly all the time, just to get anywhere! Hence am used to flying all round the world, multiple airlines. United Airlines are the worst airline I have flown and would not recommend them to any traveler. My Honolulu to Newark flight 2 days ago was cancelled. The reason? "The plane didn't arrive". No explanation. No food voucher (not that we were going to get fed on a 10 hr flight anyway). Grumpy ground staff who obviously had had no customer service training. Luckily got reconnected through Delta, who were obliging, helpful, and got us into NYC with no problem. United's aircraft are old, there staff are lazy and unhelpful, and they are years behind European, Asian and Pacific airlines in regards customer service. Star Alliance should dump them.

United Airlines Customer review :  30 July 2014 by James Vanoni    (USA)

My wife and I flew from San Diego to Paris, France. On the return trip, the video on the plane was inoperative and we flew 10 hours with no movies or sound. The second leg from Washington to San Diego had no video screens available on the plane, and the power plug under our seat did not charge our electronic device so we could not watch a movie we had downloaded as we used up our battery on the previous flight from Paris. To top it off, one of our bags didn't arrive with the rest of our luggage and hasn't turned up a day later. Needless to say, the airlines should have compensated us for the lack of video service during an international flight. The missing luggage might turn up, hopefully! The crew were excellent. Not their fault!

United Airlines Customer review :  30 July 2014 by M Buenavista    (UK)

United 941 flight taken 10 July 2014: If UA flights can clone the pilots, stewardesses and stewards in this flight and put them in each one in their fleet, UA will score 10/10. Leg room of the economy seats was quite a problem. I had cramps so I had to move to the backmost seat which was free. I spent the duration of the entire flight from Heathrow to Newark (connecting flight) catching up with my readings. Seeing that I was busy and not relaxing at all, the crew were nice and even gave me a box of chocolates! I must mention that the touchdown was the best I have experienced. My recommendation is based purely on this flight alone.

United Airlines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Michaud Veronique    (Canada)

This is the second time I have flown United. The first time was without incident. Great trip just lots of stops. This time however, the plane I was getting on in Albany was late arriving and thus we were late taking off. This resulted in our flight arriving in Newark too late to catch the connection flight. Not only was I now delayed a day but I was told by the airline that I would likely have to travel to LaGuardia by bus or taxi but they would not cover the cost. This is insane. Also the airline did not seem to have any thought of giving a discount. I purchased a service and the service was not provided. In any other industry, I would not pay for this. This will be the last time I travel with United. I will pay the extra money and take a more reliable airline.

United Airlines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Uwe Langhammer    (USA)

Flew YYC-IAH yesterday on B737 and have to say, nice flight mainly because of the class of service and the nice crew on board. Plane interior had seen better times and looked a bit outdated. Delay almost made up during flight. The friendly skies are much more friendly in Business than in Economy and unfortunately the gap between the 2 classes are way too big. In the future I hope United will shine some friendly 'skylight' towards the back of the planes to really earn the friendly sky status for all classes.

United Airlines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Siauw Steve    (Indonesia)

LAX-SFO one-way on B757-200. Surprisingly, United has installed a good IFE system with updated blockbusters collection. Enjoyed my snacks and sweet apple juice on board. Speaker a bit too loud, but all in all, a surprisingly pleasant experience for such a short flight as 2 hours.

United Airlines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by M Friedberg    (USA)

Nice seats, smiling staff and cutting every corner in First Class on an ORD-FRA route. Four croutons on my salad and ordinary, less costly meal choices. 2 mid-priced white wines offered, and wasn't even offered a refill during the meal. Had to pay 16.95 USD for WiFi despite a 10,000+ USD ticket. Crew has rules about bags on the floor on take-off (even underneath the pod in First Class) and requests we wear shoulder plus lap belts - unlike other airlines. Even check-in was below par, no dedicated lines. Nice big seats and big meal portions, but equal or less than many other airlines' business class at double the price.

United Airlines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by N Matson    (China)

United has recently changed its airplane (routing from PVG-ORD) from a 777 with personalized on-board entertainment in economy, to a "new" 747 was shared projection screens. Also, they recently changed their US/Asia route to also require payment for alcoholic beverages for those not in business or first-class. Travelling from China to the US quite often, the 13+ hour flight seems even longer now that I have no control over what I can watch and no free drinks to "shorten" the travel time. In addition to these new changes, the United crew has always been less than pleasant. It seems that the passengers are an inconvenience, and I have heard the crew yell at each other on more than one occasion. Given the above, I have changed my frequent flier membership to another Star Alliance airline and avoid flying United at all costs. It's just not worth the pain when flying that far and that long.

United Airlines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by V Kim    (UK)

London - Newark, June 14 2014. I used my miles to purchase a ticket back to New York last month and was a bit nervous because I hadn't flown with United in a while and wasn't sure how the quality would be. Luckily, it was better than I expected! The entertainment was pretty old, and barely usable unless I wanted to go deaf by turning up the volume to its max. Since I wasn't using it, flight crew asked me to swap with a couple who had a broken machine which I did. The crew member then forgot to give me my drink, skipping my row completely until I reminded him. I was a bit annoyed but you know, staff get busy and flustered. I enjoyed my flight, smooth and got home safely, so cannot fault it. One thing that made me smile is that an older crew member, who witnessed me giving up my seat and then getting my drink forgotten, thanked me personally and talked about how the crew really wanted to encourage good experiences for everyone. Anyway, I quite liked the flight so well done United.

United Airlines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by N Perkins    (USA)

Ever since Continental merged with United it has been downhill. My flights are repeatedly delayed for various reasons but mainly due to technical issues because they have so many old planes still in service. On my most recent flight my flight was delayed for five hours. The plane did not show up for three hours due to 'weather grounding' which was totally false because the weather was fine in Houston, even if there were thunderstorms it would not have grounded for three hours. Then we were boarded and the pilot mentioned they had technical issues. I still do not understand why they would board an entire plane before knowing if/how long it would take to repair, everyone sat in the plane for two hours until they were finally able to fix and take off. We were told to contact United for 'compensation' due to the trouble and I was offered $50 (only because I have status otherwise it would have been $25) due to our inconvenience. Apparently a new policy just instituted to give you even less because in the past for something similar I received $100 and $150. They do not even care anymore about customer service so I am moving onto another airline.

United Airlines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by C Schultz    (Germany)

We booked a flight from SFO to LAX on United and a separate flight from LAX to Europe. Layover in LAX was supposed to be 5 hours - but rather safe than sorry is what I thought - and sorry we were to be: Upon entering the aircraft, doors closed, we were informed of a minor delay due to traffic restrictions. A while later a technical problem was added to the mix, and they promised to keep us informed. It kept going on like this for a while, until about two hours later we were released from the plane and tried to get on the next flight. After a total of three hours the ticketing agent kindly re-booked us on a Delta flight to LAX. We landed just in time to possibly make it on our next plane, but the surprise was that our baggage was still on the original plane. So we had to wait even longer in LAX, re-book the flight till next day, find a hotel and so on. I asked UA ground crew if they could offer assistance with any of it, hoping my star alliance gold card might come in handy. It certainly did not. The essence of this trip is: You are most welcome as a client as long as you pay and shut up!

United Airlines Customer review :  28 July 2014 by C Stueart    (USA)

Economy-plus from EWR-HKG. Staff at the airport were very friendly and in-flight were pleasant. For a 16 hour flight I was dreading the experience as I am 6'6" tall. The seat was actually reasonably roomy, and thankfully the middle seat of three was vacant. The idea that United now charges for alcoholic beverages on even such a long haul flight really sets them apart from their competition in a bad way. The food was probably the worst I've ever had on an airline, and that's saying a lot. Entertainment options were fine but the remote control at y seat did not work and the touchscreen worked only badly. Watched one movie and then slept. Overall though I felt as though I was flying on a budget airline and I wasn't! United, step up your game!

United Airlines Customer review :  21 July 2014 by Bryan Romaine    (USA)

My worst flight was 2 weeks ago with United. My original flight was re-routed due to delays and not being able to make my connection. My re-routed trip had a connection which was delayed several times. Several passengers requested clarity to the problem and were given vague excuses and lied to several times. When the final flight was boarding, I along with several others were denied boarding as the plane provided was not large enough to accommodate all reservations. I spent that night in the airport and flew to a different location the next day. The staff were unprofessional and created nothing but frustration and anger for many passengers. The planes were uncomfortable and I felt as if we were cattle being driven to our destination. I will never choose United again.

United Airlines Customer review :  21 July 2014 by J Wood    (USA)

I find that United ground crew, in particular, seem to delight in going out of their way to be surly (on a good day) or nasty (typically). We flew coach today but honestly it doesn't seem to make a difference. Continental was a great airline that was merged with a terrible one and since the merger we have tried to avoid United wherever possible. Old United equipment, substandard IFE, overall bad attitudes no matter which cabin you find yourself in. Flying United is an endurance marathon. If we fly up front I am annoyed that we spent money or miles for bad attitudes. When we fly in the back I am annoyed by horrible service, inedible food (we bring our own now) and shabby cabins. It's time for the United brand to retire.

United Airlines Customer review :  21 July 2014 by A Choitz    (Germany)

I booked a "direct" flight from Berlin, Germany to Newark, NJ, USA and instead of being direct once we got to the airport we were told the airplane would be stopping to fuel up in Maine (obviously not for our flight but for the one after ours). Furthermore having made this trip from Germany/USA several times with other various airlines, in comparison United has old planes and less amenities. Lastly, there was no way to request a special meal from their website, I looked and looked but the meal option was continually grayed out, and ended up having to call customer service - another inconvenience.

United Airlines Customer review :  21 July 2014 by F Bonerigo    (USA)

We scheduled a flight from Dayton, OH. to Boston with a connection going to Boston in Newark and another connection flying back with a connection in Chicago. Not once did we depart on-time. Newark was a disaster. We had our flight cancelled, obtained a second flight but the customer service rep never suggested we try to get an earlier standby flight. Nobody called us from standby until I questioned the boarding attendant minutes prior to takeoff but managed to get onto the plane only to sit on the runway for over an hour because of a backup radio malfunction which ultimately caused the flight to be cancelled. After 7 hours we made it to Boston. Going home we arrived in Chicago and again on United's commuter connection we had another 2 hour wait while something on the plane was fixed. Service was poor especially in Newark where there were two hundred people waiting at customer service to rebook and two reps staffing the computers, talking on a phone, and letting a plane load of customers wait. Bottom line is that I almost could have driven to Boston from my home in Ohio and not lost much time.

United Airlines Customer review :  21 July 2014 by L David    (USA)

I am appalled with the way I was treated by this airline. My connecting flight was canceled and no other accommodations were made for an entire flight. When I was told that I would have to stay at the airport for 10 hours for the next available seat, my only option was driving to my final destination. The staff had no answers to my questions. When I went to get my baggage, I was told it would be about 2 hours before my 1 suitcase would be brought to the carousel. The woman at baggage claim did not follow through and my suitcase was sent to another airport. I had to drive to get my bag from the other airport. I received nothing but frustration for all of the airlines mistakes. Terrible start to my vacation and I will never book with United again.

United Airlines Customer review :  21 July 2014 by James Nesmith    (USA)

I flew out of LAX at 6 am, July 9 2014. The flight took off at its scheduled time. The only complaint I had concerning this flight is it makes no sense to me for the airline to load the front of the plane first. It would be more efficient and there would be far less congestion in the front of the aircraft. For the flight from LAX the ground staff were very sloppy and inattentive. United has rules concerning the size allowed for carry-ons. Many passengers were allowed to bring full-size suitcases on board and of course the overhead bins rapidly filled up. I was pleased to see the staff at Dulles for my return flight were enforcing the rules and numerous passengers had to check over sized carry-ons. Charging an extra $25 for the first checked bag will preclude my flying United in the future.

United Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by E Pierce    (USA)

This week will be the last time I fly United Airlines. I made the mistake of doing a status match program after having Delta status for years, simply because I thought that there was better options for flights into my business territory, Canada. Today is the final straw in what has been a nightmarish year of unavoidable layovers, constant delays, cancelled flights and the worst customer service experience possible. I had a flight to Halifax scheduled today. I get to Newark airport for my 2 hour layover and see that my flight is leaving from Concourse A, which has no lounge or other comfortable place to get work done. I take the dingy bus to Concourse B/C to use the lounge. While in the lounge I wasted a good hour trying to get Internet to work. I went to the front desk and reported that the Wifi was very slow. The lady behind the desk said that no one else had reported this, then went on talking about her vacation pay hours remaining with another United employee. When I arrived in the lounge initially I asked while checking in if they were announcing all flights and was told yes. I did also hear them announce many flights, but there was never an announcement for mine. I realized it was 7.05, and my flight left at 7.30. I raced to the bus to Concourse A, by the time I arrived at Gate A20, was told that I would not be going to Halifax. I went to the customer care line, where I stood for over 5 minutes while 2 agents ignored me. I sat there for almost 10 minutes while she typed away, without saying a word to me. Finally she started telling me there was a flight from Houston tomorrow but no seats on it. I heard a passenger next to me say something about a flight to Moncton and asked the agent next to me if there was a flight to Moncton tonight. I asked the staff member to look into the Moncton flight, and without saying a word, she got up and walked away. Finally got onto the Moncton flight, which left 40 minutes late. Again no apologies for the inconvenience to us passengers who foolishly chose to spend our money with United.

United Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by F Roche    (USA)

Recently flew business class with United from Narita to IAD. For my $13,000 r-t ticket, I got the narrowest business class seat I've ever been in. They squeeze 8 across in their 777s, including 4 abreast in the center aisle. Basically an unfriendly cabin staff that showed little initiative in anticipating customer needs and were inflexible and downright rude in enforcing cabin protocol (use of first class rest rooms when business class facilities were wait listed, even though the only people in first class were the second pilot and co-pilot). Food was mediocre and served with little flair.

United Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Robert Loehr    (USA)

Would not recommend anyone use this airline. Cancelled our flight and did not get booked until the following day. Lines were long in Kansas City, had 2 people working. The facilities are old or not functioning. Worst travel experience ever!

United Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by T Ferguson    (USA)

On 10 July, Flight 4857 was delayed 2 hours awaiting incoming aircraft. On 13 July, Flight 4856 was delayed 3 hours due to mechanical on inbound, then further delayed for unknown reasons. Connection in Dulles was missed, and later flights to Colorado Springs were unavailable. Attempts to rebook into Denver were unsuccessful, as they were also delayed multiple times into early AM hours. Travel from Dulles to Colorado Springs was rebooked for 14 July on Flight 6349. That flight was delayed, and subsequently cancelled. Travel was rebooked on Flight 1694 to Csprings via Denver, though downgraded from business class to economy. That flight was delayed due to crew issues, so the Denver COS connection was missed as well. Travel was rebooked on 6259, which arrived in CSprings on 14 July at 10:.56pm. The gate people were very helpful, but the system was unresponsive and they were basically victims as well. Having been loyal United customers for 30 years, this sort of thing has become the norm over the last few years, predictably unpredictable. They have lost our business.

United Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by R Dow    (UK)

I flew with United for the first time back in June/July, flying non-stop on the new service between Edinburgh and Chicago and on to Wausau. I was surprisingly impressed with everything, the check-in was fine, there was no delays and the "Premium Access" (speedy boarding) was worth it. The entertainment options on the way out were of a good choice (by my standards), and sneakily ordering a special meal meant I got fed first (and it was still hot). Think it was chicken and something, pretty good by economy standards. The seat was comfortable, and obviously for the person in front of me to as she decided to recline her seat for the whole flight, but I guess the fact of a spare seat beside me overcame the fact. I was slightly nervous about having to navigate Chicago as after reading reviews I thought it was going to be awfully daunting but everything was quick, like seriously only 10 mins in the immigration line, extremely impressed with that. Also sneaking into premium access and security at terminal 1 was an added bonus. I had a scheduled stop over of six hours but United decided to double it to 12 as the plane taking me to Wausau was delayed due to weather, which I will say not entirely United's fault but some food and drink tokens would not of gone un-noticed. The flight home was all on time and everything went as planned. Thank you United, you have impressed me, I will be flying this airline again.

United Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by P Schaefer    (USA)

I travelled business class from Taipei to Boston via San Francisco. The appetizer had unidentifiable meat on it that was so leathery I couldn't even chew it. The roll was as hard as a rock. The toddler in a seat near me made a lot of noise. I usually travel economy and tolerate all of this. When you pay for business class you shouldn't have to tolerate any of this. I arrived in San Francisco and there is a four hour delay on my flight to Boston due to an engine failure on the plane originating in Washington D.C. So I got on an earlier flight but have to travel economy class. I asked the agent to if she could help reimburse me for the difference between economy and business. She said I have to do it by myself online. Hassle after hassle after hassle.

United Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by R Samuel    (Canada)

I was on a flight to San Francisco, traveling via Washington, D.C. All passengers boarded the plane and everything seemed normal. We didn't take off for a few minutes, but I assumed that a few minutes delay was normal. The captain walked in next and announced that the "tyre pressure was low". After some conversation with the maintenance crew at the airport, the captain announced that they will have to deplane us. My thoughts at that point were - why wasn't it looked at before the previous crew left the aircraft? Or afterwards? They kept intermittently announcing that the flight would take off now and then and so on. But, eventually, 6 hours after we first boarded the plane, the flight was cancelled. The crew expressed helplessness - we can't blame them. The airline staff were also helpful in rebooking, but, it was a lesson - a significant one in my life and I'll certainly think a hundred times before choosing United again.

United Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by R Prentice    (UK)

Airline staff (only one) never smiled and I mean never smiled even when I was pleasant to them, when purchasing drinks the stewardess couldn't find what we wanted, we had to point them out to her and she made a comment after buying 3 drinks if we were going to "buy the entire cart" and she wasn't being funny. We had to ask one of them could they collect trash after eating and he grunted and went off to get a bag and when we said thanks he just glared at us. We felt like cattle, first you eat, then you buy drinks and then don't annoy us. It was a long night from Newark to Belfast, and was very glad to get off that flight.

United Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by J Laquerre    (Canada)

I was booked on another flight after my original flight was cancelled due to Hurricane Arthur. I decided to check- in for this flight as I would have to get up at 5am to catch it. At 7pm when I went to check in online I found out that my flight had again been cancelled (couldn't blame the weather - reason given was no crew) and I was re- scheduled for a flight at 1.30pm. There was no email sent to me nor was I contacted to be informed of this change less than 10 hours before my flight. When my flight 5876 was cancelled on 3 Jul 14 there were 2 staff members to re-schedule over 50 people - it takes about 45 minutes for the staff to re-schedule each person. How come United could not find more staff - this was known there would be cancellations predictable that flights would be cancelled. Overall a pretty shabby performance from United. Now again today they cancelled my flight - also did not inform me at all - I found out by accident by looking at their website. This was the only flight cancelled going to Harrisburg PA. Flights cancelled 3 times in the last 3 weeks and no-one told me. They have all my contact information and send me my boarding passes and tickets but won't tell me when a flight is cancelled.

United Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2014 by H Costa    (USA)

I was on my way to Houston at McAllen airport and for almost 12 hours they kept postponing the flight every 30-90 minutes until finally cancelling one of the flights after about 6 hours but letting us know that we could go on a flight that again was postponed several times for about 5 hours until they finally cancelled the flight. Bottom line they kept me in a small airport from almost 9am until 9pm and then no flight. I've heard similar problems with this airline. Seems the service offered by this airline has declined tremendously since the merger (Continental + United). Very unreliable and I definitely try to avoid using this airline at least until there is significant improvement in service.

United Airlines Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Bardos Paul    (UK)

I flew several internal US flights with my family May 2014. I was hugely disappointed with the quality of seating and the service. United is absolutely a cheap airline operating cattle trucks in the sky. The cabins are rammed full with very little space, the seating is dreadful, the customer service a joke and the mighty dollar king. I am only surprised the toilets were not charged for. The baggage handling was terrible. It is truly amazing that this airline has gone so far downhill.

United Airlines Customer review :  14 July 2014 by C Roberts    (UK)

MUC-EWR in Economy Plus. The EC cabin was probably less than half full, which made things more comfortable, but that didn't seem to affect the overall poor service. Most flight attendants perfunctory with their work (with one exception), and attitudes were poor. Food given to us as if we were a million-man army, and the quality continues to decline. Few water runs. On the upside the movie selection was excellent, but I have never seen a worse cabin crew ever.

United Airlines Customer review :  14 July 2014 by T Barton    (USA)

On July 1, 2014 my family and I were traveling to the Cayman Islands, flight was cancelled 1 hr prior to our departure time, due to bad weather in Houston. They tried to reschedule our flight for two days later, we could not go two days later we had to return to work in a certain amount of time. Once we were on a flight that day the flight attendant reported to us that there was no bad weather and had no idea why our flight was cancelled. We were then sent to Houston airport where they got us on a flight to fly into Miami where our next flight could not leave until the next morning so we spent the night on the floor at the Miami airport. The experience to our destination was horrible flying United and their express flights. Once we were returning home on United they did not tell us we did not have to pay for our luggage again and let us pay again Once again the flight was unpleasant. Once we arrived into Houston, our flight home was delayed again, the experience with United Airlines was horrible and the flight attendants were very unfriendly. I will never fly United again.

United Airlines Customer review :  14 July 2014 by F Hryn    (Canada)

I flew United 148 Newark to Geneva, economy, July 8. After reading other reviews, I was prepared to expect less but was pleasantly surprised. The stewards and stewardesses were prompt with service and very friendly. Seat-back inflight entertainment provided me with many options to kill the 7.5 hour flight. The meal was good for an airplane meal and they were generous with drinks making numerous coffee/soda/water runs. The flight wasn't full and I was able to actually sleep on an international flight which made me happy since I had no one sitting next to me. We left Newark on time and arrived in Geneva on time. They got me there safely and cheerfully. What else can I ask for?

United Airlines Customer review :  14 July 2014 by B Wilkins    (UK)

Like many people, I flew United because of the great service I used to receive when Continental was still around. After the merger, United seems to actually try to become the worst airline in United States history! On my last 4 trips, United was responsible for 6 flights. Out of the 6, 5 had major issues. The first trip had two legs. The first flight was delayed 1.5 hrs because the pilots couldn't show up on time. That caused me to miss my connecting flight by 3 minutes. Because the connecting flight was missed, they booked me on the next flight (after an hour wait in the Customer Service line at O'Hare). Well, the next flight was delayed nearly 3 hours - 1.5 of which was on the tarmac! On the return trip, I checked in to my LAX-ORD flight only to find out my seat had been canceled. After arguing with the ticket counter agent that I, indeed, paid to be on the flight, they finally called their reservations department. They, in turn, told me that I cancelled the flight. After more arguing, they finally conceded that my seat may have been "accidentally canceled" by the ORD customer service. Finally, on my last connection from ORD-ATW, I sat around for over 5 hours because the aircraft that was supposed to take the route was late coming in. Really? It's Chicago O'Hare airport, United's biggest hub! They couldn't pull another ERJ-145 into service? I could have driven to ATW and back (probably should have) in the amount of time I waited for the delayed aircraft. Despite having been a loyal Continental customer for over a decade, I will not be flying United again in my lifetime.

United Airlines Customer review :  14 July 2014 by Steve Rodriguez    (USA)

The wife and I purchased a last minute Vegas package deal in June through Priceline. We got a non-stop round trip flight with United. We have flown with them before and never had any problems. Unfortunately there was a death in the family and we had to change our departure date. I was not sure if we were locked into our package itinerary and would have to buy new tickets to get home, so I called United's Customer Service. I advised them of our situation and the need to go home. There staff told me not to worry and assured me they would get us back in time for the funeral. They arranged a non-stop flight for us to get home with no extra fees. There courteous and swift service was greatly appreciated.

United Airlines Customer review :  14 July 2014 by K Carter    (USA)

Flew from SLC to DFW with my two toddlers. Our first flight from SLC-Houston was delayed about 40 minutes which gave me 20 minutes to get on my flight in Houston to DFW. I gate checked my stroller so I could use it to get from one flight to the next. After our flight, I waited for the stroller and it never came. A baggage worker approached me and told me that he couldn't bring my stroller up because it had a white tag when it needed the pink tag. I told him that I needed to get to a flight that was leaving in 20 minutes. He was nice and offered to get the stroller onto my next flight. I trusted he would and ran to our next flight, dragging my two screaming kids with me. We barely made it before it took off. When we landed in DFW I again waited at the gate for my stroller. It never came. I again dragged my two toddlers across the airport to baggage claim. The stroller still wasn't there. I eventually found the stroller without anyone's help. I will not fly United again.

United Airlines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by D James    (USA)

Our flight from Anchorage was to depart around 8.35 or so but delayed 2 hours due to electrical issues. Repairs made and flight was smooth and safe. But this put many people into flux because of missed connections. Houston airport was a total mess with people milling around and scrambling for standby options. We had a package of frozen fish we did not care to lose. We would approach the podiums for standby only to be advised the flight was already overbooked. On top of that, many flights did not have a crew on the ground and had to await arrival on yet another messed up flight. I feel for the employees. Some were very nice and helpful but many but totally burned out and fighting with each other. This is a nasty situation and I encourage another airline at the moment.

United Airlines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Edna Meji    (USA)

On the way to our destination, they wouldn't accommodate my family (5) since we missed our connecting flight due to a delay on their part. It took us over 24 hours to reach the east coast which normally takes 6 hours flying. On the way back, they gave away my paid for ticket that I purchased 2 months in advanced to someone who bought it 2 hours before. They re-booked me on the same flight with my family and only to find out once I boarded it was double booked. They also misplaced our luggage and left it in Newark, New Jersey when we live in California.

United Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by D Harvey    (USA)

United's poor handling of airline operations and poor customer service led to two cancelled flights and nine hour in the airport on June 30 (ending on July 1 at 3.30am) for my originally scheduled flight #518 from Chicago ORD to Portland, OR (PDX). After arriving 3 hours late into ORD on a flight from Munich because of an unscheduled stop in Boston to change pilots, I arrived to find flight #518 from ORD to PDX delayed because of a maintenance issue. After three delays, two gate changes and three hours, the flight was cancelled. I was reassigned to Flight #627 scheduled to depart at 8.25pm. If my original flight had left on time, I would have missed the weather delay that started at about 7pm and lasted for an hour or so. The weather delay did mess things up and flights were diverted to wait for the weather to pass. Our incoming plane was diverted to Rockford, IL for a ground stop and then never made it to Chicago. We had 7 official delays, several noted only after the original delay deadline had passed and then the delay was only another 30 to 45 minutes, so not much time to go get food etc. We had 3 gate changes during the process, the last of which brought us back to the gate where our plane for Flight #518 was still sitting, still with its mechanical problems. Our inbound aircraft never made it, no alternative aircraft could be brought to the gate, even though there was an alternate aircraft available and the flight crew timed out at just before 2am when they cancelled the flight. They offered a hotel voucher, but the closest hotel was 20 miles away. After 26 hours travelling, the last nine being at ORD, I left for a hotel I had to pay for an hour away in downtown Chicago. Very poor customer service.

United Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by D Perera    (Canada)

Worst travel experience ever. Travelling with two young kids, not given seats together on flights from YVR to IAH and IAH to Tampa even after calling Customer Service before the flight. Flight to IAH was late resulting in missing connection to Tampa. Had to stay in IAH for 6 hours with two kids and Customer Service did not appear to care or want to help. UA has the worst customer service and do not listen to their customers.

United Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by L Hollaway    (USA)

I flew UA Spokane WA to Denver, CO and flight staff were late for work so slight delay. Plane was crowded but staff pleasant. Got to Denver, landed at Gate B1 and had to run to Gate B95 because I had 5 mins to catch my next flight, also UA. Finally got to my gate to find it was changed, and there was a delay for half an hour. This turned into a two hour delay as they kept extending it. Plane was very crowded and tiny seats, staff were friendly enough, served cold coffee. I was lucky as everyone I sat with had a UA flying horror story. All in all it could have been worse. I thought staff being late was rather tacky. I think I will fly Delta next time.

United Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Toni Pozo    (Catalonia)

Our United flight DCA-ORD (direct) was cancelled and finally we arrived to Chicago 12 hours later, flying via New York. Very bad information from staff. Only 4 days later another United flight, from Chicago to Frankfurt, was delayed more than 2 hours and we lose our flight connection to Barcelona. Entertainment and service on board was very poor. We've flown with many airlines from five continents and United is the worst in service. We cannot recommend this airline.

United Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Bang Anne    (Norway)

UA 39from OSL to EWR, 23 June and UA 38 from EWR to OSL, 29 June 2014. The plane was on route both directions (OSL-NYC return). The cabin staff made our flight very pleasant. Of course there is not much space in economy seat, but it turned out to be manageable.

United Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by J Larner    (UK)

We flew from Birmingham, UK to Newark, USA (Washington to Las Vegas, San Francisco/Newark and then back to Birmingham, middle of May and United were brilliant. Seats reserved as requested on all flights so no stress there. A bit more legroom would be good especially when passengers recline their seats usually not necessary. No delays, all staff, especially those on board very pleasant and most helpful on all flights. Food served was pretty good, water offered throughout the various flights. All baggage looked after, nothing lost or delayed. A good airline, keep it up. [Unfortunately, some passengers tend to disregard the comfort of passengers behind them, backs of their seats reclined fully from the start and throughout the journey even though not sleeping, but watching a movie or playing games].

United Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Walter Martin    (USA)

Premuim Economy

Flight 63, July 4 2014. We had a full coach with no functioning bathrooms! I found out from one of the FA's that the flight came to Madrid from Washington with the forward bathroom already broken and the service crew didn't bother to fix it. Mid flight the second bathroom got irreparably jammed because of over use and lack of water. Of the last one soon followed. What sort of management runs a company like that. United will soon have the reputation that Aeroflot had back in the eighties. We will never travel with United again and that after twenty years of loyalty.

United Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by E Oddo    (USA)

I am a Premier Silver member on United. I am on the verge of switching airlines for future travel due to the horrible experience I'm having. I used miles to book a ticket from Sao Paulo to Chicago. They cancelled the flight (UAL 844) on July 1 (apparently weather in Chicago), again (UAL 844) on July 2 and automatically rebooked me on a flight on July 4 with a connection through Washington D.C. There has been zero communication from United except for an automatic rebooking email. Hundreds of travelers are now stranded at a Holiday Inn on the outskirts of Sao Paulo, Brazil. I will be stranded in Sao Paulo for four extra days! I consistently attain Premier Silver status and always defend United when other customers complain of how bad an airline it is. Since I fly out of Chicago O'Hare, I know I have other options in terms of airlines. I do not even know if I will make it out on July 4. The hotel we are at has provided no information to any of the customers in terms of what is the next step. As United increases capacity to try to build revenue, they need to not forget about what matters the most: the customer. If this is not resolved to my satisfaction, I will be taking my business to American Airlines (or elsewhere).

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax