Air Transat Passenger Reviews and Air Transat Passenger Trip Reports

Air Transat Customer review :  16 July 2014 by A Berry    (UK)

Flew MAN to YVR in May 14, had flown same route in May 13 and June 11 all times in Club. Have to say for the price it was great. This year we were in row 1 for both legs and these are great seats, but they need footrests or footstools. It was a brand new cabin, new mood lighting but the service was cheerful and the drinks and snacks constant. Only problem was with trying to pre-book meals on both legs and finally gave up, only to be offered what was left on the actual flight, but it was good enough. The prices are creeping up. Have flown Club with them in old config and it was fine, now with only 12 seats it has pushed up the price quite a bit. Still worth the money for early boarding, disembarkation, drinks and snacks and peace and quiet in a really small cabin. A real negative though is now in July 14 you can book flights for next year but no seat maps are open. Wonder what is going on there. I am not paying over£1k for a seat I can't choose.

Air Transat Customer review :  13 July 2014 by M Burnett    (UK)

Had Air Transat flight to Toronto on 11th June and returned Halifax to Gatwick on 9th July 2014. Both flights were great and leg room was more than expected. Food was not bad for Airline food. We loved Halifax Airport but were not impressed with the bag drop at Air Transit. The staff weighed the luggage then we had to take a card over the bag drop, scan it and the bags should then go through, which they didn't! Then had to do it all again. Appeared to work second time round but we had checked in 2 bags but only 1 bag arrived at Gatwick! Still waiting to hear 24 hours later!

Air Transat Customer review :  7 July 2014 by S Ansari    (USA)

Had an enjoyable and comfortable flight from Toronto to Rome Fiumicino. Flight was on time and arrived in Rome 40 minutes early. Aircraft was clean, staff were courteous and food was as good as airline food gets. Inflight (inseat) entertainment was better than most I have seen. Several updates from flight deck including pilot pointing out crossing the alps (stupendous views from the air). The only complaint I have was that the lights were not turned off during flight despite it being an overnight flight.

Air Transat Customer review :  2 July 2014 by A Bjorndalen    (Canada)

From booking with 'Canadian affair' to collecting our luggage on the return flight we were really pleased with Air Transat. Our YYC-LGW return itinerary went almost entirely without flaw. The ticket price for our itinerary saved my spouse and I an excess of $1000 over booking with KLM or Air Canada. We booked our seats in advance (21A & 21B on both flights at $20/seat/flight) and then utilized Transat's new online check-in. The online service was simple and easy to use, with a dedicated bag drop and next to no line-up as a result. Our flights were both on refurbished A330-200 Twin engine Wide-body jets. The 9 across configuration Air Transat uses (over the typical 8 on most A330s) was noticeably tight, but not impossible or overly uncomfortable, and on the outbound flight we lucked out having the block of 3 to ourselves. Mood lighting on both flights was neat to watch, and I actually agree that it made a difference in the overall perception of time and minimization of Jet Lag. The two airplanes had differing overhead bin designs, the outbound being Airbus's new style curvy bins and the return being their older style. Although this doesn't seem like something the average person would care about, the difference determined whether or not the seat had an overhead personal air vent. Only the older style bin aircraft was supplied with this feature - one I hate seeing airlines remove. It made the return flight all the more comfortable to have a little blast of cool air. Legroom on both aircraft was the same, and is slightly above the norm, I'd say somewhere around 33" pitch. Transat's new inflight entertainment on the A330's is a great system with plenty of newer mainstream movies, TV shows and music to choose from. Even the food onboard was good. On the return the food was more of "microwave dinner" calibre - each of us ordering 'orange chicken' but perfectly edible and of good enough taste. They are small though, so consider packing a snack or taking advantage of their onboard purchase menu. Upon arrival of both of our "on time" flights, our bags were delivered in good time even though we did not pay extra for Option Plus or priority baggage services offered. Overall, we were incredibly pleased with the Transat Experience after reading some less than satisfactory reviews - and would absolutely fly with this airline (and to this surprisingly easy to access, and navigate airport) again.

Air Transat Customer review :  1 July 2014 by Forget Pascale    (Canada)

My husband and I flew Air Transat last week from Montreal to Paris and I must say everything was perfect. Service was excellent, the crew really did everything they could to please us. The entertainment system is brand new and has lots of movies, TV shows, games, and music albums. The aircraft seemed to be brand new and was really nice. The food was good, I mean airplane food is airplane food but it was really good compared to what I had on other airlines. Do not worry about the negative comments, I'm a frequent flyer on lots of different airlines and I will be flying Air Transat more often because I have absolutely nothing negative to say.

Air Transat Customer review :  1 July 2014 by M Wallace    (UK)

Travelled with Air Transat Gatwick - Halifax and return on the 11th June and 25th June. On the outward flight we had a slight delay from Gatwick (nothing new), but made up time and arrived early after a very pleasant flight. On the return to Gatwick, we took a few minutes early and arrived half an hour before our due landing time. I do not know if the cabin crew at Air Transat have been on a customer care course since I last traveled with Air Transat two years ago, but there standard of care was first class on both flights. The only downside was the food, but then airline food is a joke unless you pay top dollar for your flight. One new item on the return flight, was the availability of Internet connection. Alas I could not get Google Chrome to download the app onto my Android tablet. It was my fault, not being an IT person not Air Transats. All in all, well done Air Transat.

Air Transat Customer review :  1 July 2014 by P Gill    (UK)

Travelled to Toronto with this airline three weeks ago. Check in good and efficient, as was security check etc. On board all nice and clean and bright. Flight on time. Seat back TV's good with a selection of films, TV shows, etc to watch. It was a very smooth flight and the service of food and drinks was very efficient. On arrival in Toronto we had to wait for over one hour for our luggage to arrive. A bad end to a near perfect flight. Our journey home from Toronto was almost the complete opposite. On arriving at the airport we found the longest queue ever for the Air Transat flight. There were no supervisors about to speak to. Seven flights were all queuing for the same five check in desks. We had to stand in this queue for one hour and twenty minutes. With approx 50 people still in front of us, two supervisors arrived, and shouted for passengers travelling to Manchester, to come forward. The plane was obviously a lot older than the one we arrived on. The TV s were in the middle. We had paid £20 extra each for our seats. These were near the rear of the plane, and there were only two seats, not three as elsewhere. Apart from that were no different. We had the usual inconsiderate passengers in front of us, who reclined their seats as far back as possible, so we had minimal room. Do not bother to pay this extra. It is not worth it. The food was average. The drinks were plentiful and free. The flight was smooth and baggage claim at Manchester reasonable.

Air Transat Customer review :  24 June 2014 by Kenneth Davies    (UK)

We flew to Vancouver from Manchester in May with Air Transat. They were on time both ways, the aircraft was clean and very bright, the staff were great, nothing was too much trouble. As airline food goes theirs was very good, the movies were up to date all in all a great flight. We have used Transat a few times they really seem to have their act together, well done.

Air Transat Customer review :  24 June 2014 by G Steeves    (Canada)

Took more than 1.15 hrs for luggage to be delivered to carousel #9 at YYZ. After flight 333 from Dublin on Saturday June 21. No supervisor on duty. CARD on that level had just come on duty. Previous one left her post early. This one said there were too many planes and not enough staff. Would not let me speak to person on other end of her phone. Many passengers very upset. Very bad service with no supervisor. There is no excuse for this.

Air Transat Customer review :  18 June 2014 by C Moore    (UK)

Flew from London Gatwick to Vancouver and returned Calgary to Gatwick. We could not find fault at all with any part of the whole experience. Aircraft looked new Airbus 330's, great inflight entertainment, comfortable leather seats and plenty of leg room (I'm 6ft 1in). The airline staff are friendly and the meals were as good as any that you get in economy and better than most. We had some quite severe turbulence on the way back which the pilot warned us about and took time to explain it was all routine and no more than bumps in the road, nice touch. I will use Air Transat as my first choice airline if they cover any of the routes I need to fly.

Air Transat Customer review :  14 June 2014 by Thomas Corbett    (Canada)

My wife and I went from YVR to GLA on 6 May 2014. We purchased options plus and I must say it was fantastic, I would purchase it again. However, on the return flight it was non existent, everything great until we boarded the aircraft, the service all stopped when I asked for a scotch - I was told it was $6.50. I said I had options plus and I was told not to cause a disturbance. I repeated myself again and was told the same. We were treated the same as the other passengers.

Air Transat Customer review :  11 June 2014 by Cindy Carruthers    (UK)

I travelled with Air Transat from GLA-YYZ in May. Fantastic service and preferred the direct flight rather than connecting flights. Inflight entertainment was good and had two feature films to watch onboard. Friendly staff at check-in and onboard. I had the option plus and would book that again as I didn't have to spend any money onboard. Ill definitely fly Air Transat again. Highly recommended.

Air Transat Customer review :  9 June 2014 by Philip Cowell    (UK)

MAN-YYZ-MAN. Outbound flight to Toronto just under 7 hours on an A-310. Narrow seats and inflight entertainment old fashioned screens down the middle of the aircraft. Crew friendly and efficient. Food good. Nothing from the flight deck whilst airborne. Returning on an A-330 in 6 hours 40 minutes, inflight entertainment excellent in terms of films and TV. Yet again, crew friendly and efficient. Food not as good but it's through the night so not as bothered. Again no flight deck announcements whilst in the air. Seats narrow but we had three seats to the two of us so effect minimised. Person in front reclined making viewing of seat back TV difficult. It's about time all airlines did away with reclining seats. Soft drinks free, alcohol has to be bought but it's quite reasonable price wise.

Air Transat Customer review :  9 June 2014 by S Howard    (UK)

Flew Air Transat first time, 5 June from Calgary to London Gatwick as only airline with direct flight. Check in was delayed 25 minutes as they seemed incapable of checking in more than one flight at a time and they were 2 passengers missing for the earlier Paris flight. This resulted in a huge queue at check in. Luckily we were there early and joined the queue as soon as the flight number showed on the board. Others weren't as lucky. As it was a night flight of 8.5 hrs, was expecting pillows and blanket on seats. Nothing. I found I didn't need them anyway as any chance of catching a few zzzz was impossible as they didn't turn down the cabin lighting until after 5 hours into the flight, and then only for an hour. They only used one drinks and food trolley per aisle so it took forever to first get a drink and then be served a pretty awful meal as we were near the back of the aircraft. My friend sitting behind me was left with a choice of pasta or pasta. When she said she didn't like pasta, they offered her macaroni cheese as an alternative! At the point where they could have turned the lighting down they didn't and then announced the duty free trolley was on its way. Breakfast was a sad affair of partially frozen fruit salad and orange juice. Only good thing was we arrived at Gatwick 20 minutes early. Overall a very poor experience and one I hope never to repeat.

Air Transat Customer review :  5 June 2014 by H Adair    (Canada)

My husband and I purchased the Options Plus for a trip from Vancouver to Cancun. The outbound trip was uneventful and we had an excellent vacation. It was only when we returned home that it all fell apart. Our seat selection (part of the options plus package) was not available, and no explanation provided. Our meal service, although the Options Plus assured us a priority selection, did not occur. We actually did not get any meals until we corralled 5 of the flight attendants, none of whom believed us that we had not received a meal. It was only when the original flight attendant confirmed that we had not had a meal, did they believe us, although I am not certain as to why Air Transat employees thought I would attempt to obtain two meals. I was advised that the "other side screwed up". I am not certain as to why I needed to have that piece of information, however, my "choice of meal" was now the children's chicken nuggets as that was all that was left. When we arrived our luggage, although clearly marked priority, was the last to arrive on the carousel. Not an indication of priority handling. When I complained to Air Transat - their response was simple - the Options Plus is only worth $19.50 per person, each way. That is a little strange, given that I paid $238.00 for the "privilege" of not receiving the service, which apparently is only worth $19.50. So - no seat selection, no priority luggage handling, no meal. If I hadn't paid for Options Plus, I would have received a better level of service - I would say live and learn, but I don't believe that I will be using Air Transat again.

Air Transat Customer review :  5 June 2014 by J Harvey    (UK)

We travelled from London to Toronto (return flight) 22nd May and 30th May with 1 child. First time Air Transat user and had read the reviews so was very, very apprehensive. However we were very impressed with the speed of check-in (both times), extremely quick through the queue. The service on board was good (only one attendant was rather abrupt, but not rude), food was fine. The inflight entertainment worked fine each time, although they charge £5 for headphones. Both flights were on time. Temperature on board was comfortable and there were plenty of refreshments. We would definitely use this airline again and it was good value for money.

Air Transat Customer review :  29 May 2014 by Marc Poirier    (Canada)

I booked a flight months ago leaving Toronto on May 24th to Orlando, returning May 31st. The E-ticket I received showed a return leaving time of 4.10, so I got to the airport 2 hrs prior to expected departure. I was shocked to find out that the flight had changed departure times to 6.10 pm, and I wasn't even notified. To add to the frustration, the flight is now delayed another 2.5 hrs, that means I stayed all day in Orlando airport waiting on Air Transat. Lesson learnt, never again.

Air Transat Customer review :  2 June 2014 by Edward Falconer    (Canada)

On a flight from Glasgow to Toronto, May 25th this aircraft was full to capacity. I had a window seat although I preferred an aisle seat. I never once left this seat on this 6.5 hour flight, it was next to impossible to get out, move up the aisles with service carts. Could not read a paper as passengers crammed into me, could not stretch arms, wanted something out of my pant pocket. forget it, no leg space, cramp's. For the amount of money we pay and have that nightmare of a seat is unacceptable, and even if I wanted to purchase duty free that I did not, try getting a credit card out of your wallet, I would have to ask the other 2 passengers centre and aisle seat to stand up so I can move.

Air Transat Customer review :  29 May 2014 by Smith Mike    (UK)

Having flown Air Transat now for several years to Canada I have always found them to be efficient and helpful during booking and flight, even when crossings did not go to plan. My last return flight from Calgary to Manchester May 25th however was a delight. After boarding from what must be the worlds most miserable staffed airport in Calgary, the cabin crew could not have done more to revive my good spirits. The flight was smooth and on time and we were well supplied with excellent food and refreshment throughout. Despite the long journey the cabin crew remained attentive and cheerful and added good humour. I am due to fly again in October and am looking forward to the trip. I just hope that someone teaches the Canadian security how to smile.

Air Transat Customer review :  28 May 2014 by Bonnie Befus    (Canada)

We travelled from Vancouver B.C to Cancun, May 11th 2014, there were 16 of us. Going down was great, nice plane, good food and great entertainment as it was a 6 hr plus flight. Coming back some of us on May 18th and some on May 25th was a terrible flight. We were crowded in like animals in a barn sat on tarmac for 45 min, no air, no seat room at all and I am only 5ft 1. I feel sorry for the people that were larger than me. No entertainment at all, nowhere to even plug head phones in. I mean really at the price we paid, I think we should of had some kind of entertainment for a 6 hr plus Flight. This is unacceptable and I will never recommend Air Transat.

Air Transat Customer review :  27 May 2014 by L Cohen    (Canada)

FCO to YYZ in club class. As our flight was a day flight, the seats were satisfactory. Not the most comfortable and are not really designed for sleep. but better than coach. From the minute we boarded to 45 minutes prior to arrival we were fed and offered drinks. The meal out of Rome was actually good. Onboard service was excellent. I would definitely book club class for another long haul day flight. While not a true business class seat much better than many airline "premium economy". In flight entertainment, while light on content, offered a good quality display and usb ports. No laptop power.

Air Transat Customer review :  27 May 2014 by Cary Bourque    (UK)

LGW-YVR return in September 2013. Flight was significantly cheaper than all other alternatives and despite reservations I booked and travelled. As a Canadian living in England I have flown the route many times including with Air Transat and an unpleasant experience many years before had stuck. What a pleasant and terrific change. The experience was brilliant from check in to the aircraft, food, attendants and inflight entertainment. The flights were on time at destination both ways despite taking off late on the return leg.

Air Transat Customer review :  25 May 2014 by Jeremy Isaacson    (UK)

Really impressed with Air Transat, travelling LGW to YVR in May 2014 with my partner. Both flights equipped with new IFE and seats so pretty pleasant. Outbound flight pretty empty so had three seats each to stretch out on. Inbound almost full. Service excellent on both flights. Food comparable to other airlines; nothing to moan about. All in all very impressed and only GBP400 return.

Air Transat Customer review :  16 May 2014 by K Chan    (UK)

London to Toronto recently (return flight) with 2 children. First time Air Transat user- always travelled with British airways. Very impressed with service onboard/quality of food despite being a low cost airline. Will definitely use this airline again.

Air Transat Customer review :  11 May 2014 by M Barron    (Canada)

A group of 22 family/friends travelled together for a destination wedding, we flew from Toronto on May 2 with Punta Cana as our Caribbean destination. Onboard staff were friendly and efficient, the plane was a newer model with 9 seats across, ample leg room and individual entertainment modules. Flight was on time, however, the check in staff were a joke! A member of our group was overweight on luggage because he was travelling with several young children, he was willing to pay the extra fee at check in but was told that he had to go to line up again at a second counter to pay the charge, he got into the second line and waited and waited. The credit card machine at the cashier counter was not working properly, they would not accept cash, they did not have a secondary credit card machine. Finally, after waiting about 20 minutes they were able to process his charge. We arrived at the gate 30 minutes before boarding although we had arrived at the airport 3 hours prior to departure.

Air Transat Customer review :  9 May 2014 by D Lee    (Canada)

Fly from Edmonton to Dominican Republic in March. Arrived at airport for check-in 3 hrs before boarding time to find out the flight was going to be delayed by 6 hrs. As the morning progressed the delay lengthened, tried to find out information and staff at counter was not helpful, was told to call customer service. We did and we had the most rude lady answer the call, she actually hung up on us. Sent an email to the customer relations email (which was never replied to). Finally boarded the plane almost 8 hrs delayed. Upon returning home, I emailed Transat again. Received an email 4.5 weeks after with them stating that the fine print basically means they aren't responsible for anything and the food vouchers would be given as credit towards the next vacation with them. Lousy customer service and lousy contact.

Air Transat Customer review :  5 May 2014 by Shauna King    (Canada)

Flew May 2nd from Vancouver to Manchester! I was really pleased with the airline and staff. I have paid a lot more in the past and not received as good a service! My personal TV screen froze halfway through the flight so I couldn't use it but that didn't really bother me as I just went to sleep and no one else seemed to be experiencing the same problem. I am flying back on May 23rd with my dog so that is going to be the worrying part but hopefully everything will go smoothly! I also got option plus, would recommend to anyone! Is not that much extra and jut the priority baggage made my trip a lot easier!

Air Transat Customer review :  4 May 2014 by Bobby Giannakopoulos    (Canada)

SNU-YUL with an old A310. It's not the first time that I traveled with Air Transat and I must admit that it was not the best flight. The flight departed late and the cabin was very hot when we boarded because the air conditioning system had broken during the landing of the previous flight. During the flight we hit a lot of turbulence and the crew could not serve any meals during that long period. After that they rushed to do that service. The meal and the crew were fine, nothing special. The seat was a bit uncomfortable, it's the same comfort for their longest flights to Europe, but I enjoyed extra legroom because it was an emergency exit seat. The inflight entertainment was an old movie show on the overhead screens. I also found some announcements made in French were a bit unprofessional but they were made in a joyful tone. Overall despite the turbulence the flight was fine. I've travelled a couple of times with Air Transat to their Europe flights and the crew (some of them are friendly while a few were unprofessional), the service and the seats are all the same, nothing special. If you expect a five star service you should fly with another airline.

Air Transat Customer review :  30 April 2014 by Ken McGuinness    (Canada)

I purchased Option Plus for a return flight Toronto-Manchester. Outbound leg on April 6th provided excellent check in and also cabin service. Onboard, our meal order was taken ahead of the economy passengers and also served earlier which provided a nice hot meal. Unfortunately, the return flight on April 14th provided abysmal service right from check in. Even though we were travelling Option Plus red priority tags were not put on our bags by the young lady checking us in and when I pointed this out she told me they will be attached before they go on the aircraft and I should just trust her. Obviously, I knew this to be untrue as I have used Transat many times in the past and of course I had to wait 40 minutes in Toronto for my bags. We left Manchester at 9.15 am and lunch service did not start until 2.30pm which is far too late and on this newly configured aircraft (2x4x2) the cabin crew served the meals from the front rows to the back rows which takes far to long if you are seated in the back and you end up with a cold meal. Option Plus passengers were not served in advance as we were on the outbound flight and when I pointed this out I was told I was mistaken. Basically Option Plus is not worth the extra money as the priority boarding and priority services you are supposed are often not delivered. The service is always more miss than hit and seemingly more so with the Montreal based cabin crews. Air Canada Rouge is starting to fly this same route so next month I'll probably give them a try instead. Air Transat cannot complain as I've given them enough opportunities over the year's to get it right.

Air Transat Customer review :  26 April 2014 by Peg Bradley    (Canada)

Wedding party going to Grand Bahia Principe Mexico from Calgary, April, 9, 2014 was a smooth trip, looked to be a newer plane, the flight attendants appeared to be a bit frazzled and in a hurry. I had to ask frequently for water and a possible newspaper to which I never received. The trip back to Calgary, April 16, 2014 was also a smooth flight. The flight attendants were an excellent group of attentive professionals with charismatic humour and precision service.

Air Transat Customer review :  23 April 2014 by W Allen    (Canada)

I flew from YYZ-AMS, on A310, which had to be at least 10 years old, it had not yet had the livery update and had terrible food. All of their A310s should of had Personal TVs and the new livery - but no this one. The PA was broken so we had a FA marching up and down the aisle yelling the safety instructions. Never Again.

Air Transat Customer review :  23 April 2014 by L Pinkney    (UK)

Over the past 7 years we have flown with Transat twice a year from Gatwick to Toronto, Halifax, Calgary and Vancouver. We have never experienced any serious delays outwards and only rarely inbound due to winter weather conditions. We always book the 'two seat' rows at the rear of the plane, and they are perfectly comfortable. The seat pitch is good too. The food, whilst not exciting, is always hot, well served, and perfectly edible, and includes a small but free glass of wine. We have never experienced rude, lazy or indifferent staff either. All in all, I would rate AT as very good value for money, and are in fact about to take a flight with them again this week.

Air Transat Customer review :  22 April 2014 by J Bailey    (Canada)

Travelled with a group of 60 to a wedding in Jamaica from Toronto. At Toronto airport the check in had all the lap babies with the wrong parents. Flight there was good. Staff on the plane were very courteous. Again at check in at Montego Bay airport they had lap babies with the wrong parents. The man that checked us in told us we didn't need a sticker for our stroller, then when we were boarding the same man that checked us in lectured us about not having a sticker. Staff onboard the plane were again very nice, although we did ask for a drink for our son and never did get it. When we landed in Toronto we had to wait about an hour and a half to get our strollers. We questioned the staff at the counter about where it was and why it was taking so long. They informed us it was being drug screened. The rest of our flight had gone except those of us waiting for our strollers and golf clubs. So we had a bus of 60 ppl outside waiting to leave but couldn't because of us waiting. Two more flights came in after ours and people were leaving those flights and we were still waiting. After we finally got our items a couple with us got pulled into an extra screening and they were told there wasn't even a drug squad on. This info made me even more irate. That was a month ago and I have yet to get a response back. I will never fly with them again even though the inflight staff were great and made our flight easier with 2 toddlers.

Air Transat Customer review :  16 April 2014 by L Mathieson    (Canada)

Due to plane maintenance they delayed our flight by 7 hours so we lost our entire first day of vacation. The seats on their planes are cramped and even the aisles are hard to get through. One flight attendant explained that the company added an extra seat to every row on the plane. Forget customer comfort! We will never choose Air Transat again.

Air Transat Customer review :  12 April 2014 by Sutterby Elaine    (UK)

Travelled from Gatwick to Calgary with Air Transat. Paid extra for two seats at the back of plane (on their own with no seats adjoining them.). This was well worth the extra money. Cabin crew were very pleasant both going and coming back. Would definitely travel with Air Transat again.

Air Transat Customer review :  11 April 2014 by Ryan Smith    (UK)

We flew into Toronto and it was ok, there was enough leg room and staff were ok, however the food was awful! Coming back was even worse, the food and were terrible and the comfort was poor. It was far too hot. I put the red light on to get a glass of water and I had to wait 30 mins before someone came and asked what I wanted! The movie didn't start until about 3 hours into the flight so there was nothing to do for the first 3 hours. I will never be flying with them again.

Air Transat Customer review :  9 April 2014 by D Davis    (UK)

I returned from Toronto on an Air Transat flight which was awful. We paid extra for Option Plus which is just not worth it. The seat is still an economy seat and they are very small and uncomfortable. I sat in seat 4H and the trolleys kept hitting me whenever they went up and down. There were no personal TV's and it was difficult to watch the small screens as it gave me neck ache. Awful food, awful staff and I will never fly this airline again.

Air Transat Customer review :  9 April 2014 by S Wood    (Canada)

Vancouver - Calgary - Cuba, again 3x3x3 but at least we had our individual screens so we could watch what we wanted. I went option plus which gives you priority boarding. Plus a comfort pack, pillow, blanket, ear phones, small bottle of champagne and a free snack. $70 more but you do get to board first and your luggage is off loaded first, so for that reason I would recommend that. I will never take another flight that's not direct again. We were supposed to 'touch down' for 45 min in Calgary to pick up passengers. Took a little longer than I was told. I never got the comfort pack until after I left Calgary. I am a looking into different options for my next trip. If you are small you may be alright in the seats. The ride home for me was painful, smaller plane, couldn't sleep a wink. One big screen in the middle of the plane so staff got to pick the movies. I expected nothing from the food having flown with them before and I wasn't surprised, some things I never even opened. They seem to be more interested in soliciting sales for duty free than I remembered from my last trip. In Cuba Option plus meant nothing, you couldn't understand a thing the woman said. In summary I don't think any airline I've found has what you would call good food. I may give them another try if they get different planes, my knees were in the back of the other passengers seat for over 6hrs.

Air Transat Customer review :  19 March 2014 by Shirley Davis    (Canada)

We booked a vacation from Edmonton AB Canada to Manzanillo Mexico on Air Transat in Feb 2014 - the first time we've ever flown with Air Transat. We then discovered that our flight was being operated by EnerJet, an airline that Air Transat contracted out to. EnerJet had absolutely no in-flight entertainment on their planes and not even a power plug or USB for electronics, which meant we had to go out and buy a rechargeable DVD player for the trip and load up on books, etc. so that we weren't just sitting there for 5.5 hours with nothing to do. There were only 2 washrooms aboard the plane, and we were at the very back of the plane the entire trip and there was a constant parade of people heading to the washrooms. The seats were very crowded also. The meal was quite good - chicken wraps and beef sandwiches, with a little salad, cheese, crackers and a piece of fudge for dessert, and the refreshments came by quite frequently which was nice.

Air Transat Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Carmell Fredrickson    (Canada)

Booked through AirTransat and never again. Flight of 5 hrs from Edmonton to Manzallino on March 7-14 2014. AirTransat contracted flight to Econojet. Small old plane, no entertainment and no water in bathrooms and no coffee or tea. Cramped conditions and people complaining was what we experienced. So essentially we paid for something at the regular price and received a lesser quality flight/airline. As a side note the flight attendants were the only good thing, never again.

Air Transat Customer review :  6 March 2014 by K Mos    (Canada)

Winnipeg to Dominican Republic on Airbus 310. We booked in Option Plus, so there was a special check-in line at both airports. Thank goodness because the regular check-in line at the Punta Cana airport had over 100 people in it! We got through the Option Plus check-in line in less than 10 minutes. Option Plus holders are also allowed to board the plane first, so that was nice and we knew there would be space for our carry-on in the overhead compartments (which were huge anyway). Received free champagne, a small wine bottle, preferred meals, and a snack as well as another free alcoholic drink. Seating arrangement was a little odd though. 3x3x3. Not very many people travel in a group of 3. The seats are very small though, I'm only 5'5" and it was tight for my body. I felt awful for my 6'0" boyfriend who couldn't even put his tray table down flat. The tightness of the seats really put us in a bad mood and a lot of the others on the plane were getting cranky due to the lack of room too. The food wasn't bad, it was edible at least. Instead of individual televisions, there were only TV's in the middle and they were small and not very high quality. I don't know why they bother having televisions at all because people were just getting frustrated when others walked by to go to the washroom or stretch and caused them to "miss" parts of the movie. The only way I would travel with Air Transat again is if I was in a row of 2 (which there were few in the back and cost extra), or in club class. Do not travel in economy class with this company, you will pull your hair out and it will ruin your vacation.

Air Transat Customer review :  3 March 2014 by M Tushishvili    (France)

Montreal to Paris on Airbus 310. The overall impression of this flight was bad. However, lets start from positive side - check-in and boarding was ok with helpful ground staff. It should be highlighted that crew on board of the aircraft was friendly, helpful, professional and very skilled. The very negative side is that seats are extremely narrow and small. It is impossible to fit it. The plane A310 (very old model) was redesigned for configuration 3X3X3 (9 in total in a row instead of 7) which is really painful since 2 extra seats in each row are put in. NO TV individual screens. The food is just horrible and not eatable. NOT recommended for Paris-Montreal route and my advice is to double check the model of aircraft before booking. Avoid at any cost A310.

Air Transat Customer review :  3 March 2014 by David Sears    (Canada)

We upgraded to club class because of the extra legroom in the seats. We did not expect much as it was cheaper than Air Canada. We were in for a surprise! We flew from Toronto to Puerto Vallarta Mexico. As soon as we were seated we were offered a glass of wine. We had two cabin flight attendants for the business class. The flight attendants were very cheerful and helpful throughout the flight, the food was the best we've had on any aircraft. Wrote the flight we were offered wine beer liquor the cure coffee tea anything that we wanted. The nicest part about it is there is a separate washroom for only the business class. We were hoping that the service and food would be as good on the way home. And it was. I would not hesitate to fly Air Transat again.

Air Transat Customer review :  24 February 2014 by A Lane    (UK)

Flew out of Gatwick to Toronto, 14/02/14 and back to London the following week on a new A330/200. All I can say is, what a surprise! The aircraft was new, the entertainment system good, the staff extremely helpful and attentive. Food was ok. General service is easily on par with BA, Virgin or ACA in economy - and generally a lot better in many cases. They have definitely raised their game and I see them as a credible alternative to many '4/5 star airlines' if you have to fly economy.

Air Transat Customer review :  21 February 2014 by Smith Peter    (Canada)

I recently had a flight from Toronto to Gatwick (UK). It was delayed by bad weather but the problem was the attitude of Transat. We should have boarded at 9pm - instead it was eventually 2am but with no food vouchers or drinks. We then sat on the plane until 5am before a glass of water was handed out. Then, taxiing out two people fell ill and we returned to the gate, eventually taking off at 7am. In that time, no food - just one glass of water - not even coffee. We then flew to Montreal to change crew (they were out of hours, that's ok) and then flew to London - and were given just a tiny slice of pizza - on a 7-hour flight! Transat offered $100 compensation and, despite Customer Services at Gatwick promising they would reimburse extra travel costs they then refused. Any proper airline would pay up. No wonder Transat's passenger numbers are going down.

Air Transat Customer review :  20 February 2014 by C Mitchell    (Canada)

Just returned from Costa Rica. Had new A330 cabins and it was an excellent experience. Entertainment system is one of the best. Very impressive looking cabin with lighting etc. Only problem was seat comfort, since they have now gone with the thin seats. Just a little uncomfortable after 8 hours. I fly extensively, and this airline has really shaped up. Would choose them over any other carrier in this country.

Air Transat Customer review :  15 February 2014 by M Tushishvili    (France)

Paris-Montreal. I had mixed impressions: The positive side is that Terminal 3 in CDG airport is very pleasant to use, check-in staff are very competent and the security area was moving quickly. Boarding was done using buses but very well organized by the ground staff. Inflight attendants were very helpful throughout the flight. The negative side is that seats are so narrow that you cannot move a finger. The plane A330 was redesigned for configuration 3X3X3 (9 in total in a row instead of 8) which is extremely uncomfortable. It is just impossible to seat 7 hours without any changes in a position. The food is just horrible. My advice is to bring my own meal. The comfort kits costs 9 Canadian dollars which includes pillow, blanket etc. This is definitely the low cost airline and overall it is an average experience. I will report about the return flight as well.

Air Transat Customer review :  7 February 2014 by Duane Hanson    (Canada)

Jan 22 2014. My wife and I and 2 other couples were going to Mexico for a 2 week vacation, it started in Saskatoon when the flight was 1hr 45 minutes delayed because there was no crew for the plane. Then we had to stop in Regina to pick up passengers, we finally get to Puerto Vallarta at 6.15 pm, we were supposed leave at 9am so that's over 9 hours to get there. Coming home yesterday we stop again in Regina to let off passengers at 9.05pm. We sat for 3 hrs because there was no crew to fly the plane. Also we had to be on the bus from our hotel at 2pm and got home at almost 2am in the morning. Unacceptable.

Air Transat Customer review :  7 February 2014 by Andrew Duff    (UK)

LGW-YVR-LGW in economy, out 23/01/14, back 04/02/2014. Usually fly BA on this route but tempted by vastly cheaper fare and free ski carriage. Pleasantly surprised: outbound leg on A330 with old economy configuration meant no personal IFE but seat was comfortable, legroom better than BA and crew a pleasure to deal with. Food adequate and plentiful, drinks offered regularly throughout the 10 hour flight. Return leg in refitted economy - legroom tighter and seat less comfortable, but IFE superb, cabin very attractive with mood lighting. Crew, food and drink excellent again. Only misses a 10 score because outbound flight was delayed by 3 hours - but we were informed a day in advance so no harm done. Would certainly fly Air Transat again.

Air Transat Customer review :  4 February 2014 by Anne Scott    (Canada)

Departed Jan 26 2014 for Antigua - good flight and de-iced the plane prior to take off. Returned Feb 2 2014 to Toronto - good flight - thanks to the pilots/catering in Toronto on strike - Air Transat was very considerate and gave travelers a $15 voucher to buy food at Antigua airport. Very considerate and thoughtful. Air Transat Rep greeted us at the airport. She was polite/professional. She was at Antigua airport to inform us of the hour delay, food vouchers and was always informative.

Air Transat Customer review :  4 February 2014 by L MacDonald    (Canada)

We travelled to Manzanillo from Saskatoon, Jan 7 2014. We could not believe there was no inflight entertainment, not even music. We never did get a reasonable explanation to why.

Air Transat Customer review :  3 February 2014 by G Glenn    (Canada)

We flew Club Class to Cancun for Christmas, I should mention we always try to get this section and over the years have been mostly satisfied, but the last couple of times we have been very unhappy, the trip down was fine it was coming back that was outrageous. They only had one attendant serving this area normally there are 2 and he was rude and lazy. We had buzzed several times to have my wife's dishes taken away, finally she took them to the kitchen herself and the attendant was in there looking at his phone and talking to another attendant. There were a lot of other problems, at one stage a lady walked by us that wasn't even serving in our section, saw the buzzer on and asked if she could help, we told her what was happening, she apologized and put us in touch with person over him and she took care of us for the rest of the flight. The last 3 times we have flown in Club we have been unhappy and we travel 4-5 times a year so we know what we are talking about.

Air Transat Customer review :  30 January 2014 by W Steer    (Canada)

This would have been our third time flying with Air Transat. The first time we paid extra for a direct flight and at the airport were informed that the flight had changed and now had a 3 hour stop over in Vancouver. No reimbursement or credits given. Also no explanation as to why there was a change. The second time everything was great and had no issues. I thought that the first time had just been my bad luck. I was wrong. We are six weeks away from leaving on a family vacation to Costa Rica and we were informed yesterday that the flight was cancelled. No explanation again. I will never travel with Air Transat again.