Air Transat Passenger Reviews and Air Transat Passenger Trip Reports

Air Transat Customer review :  16 April 2014 by L Mathieson    (Canada)

Due to plane maintenance they delayed our flight by 7 hours so we lost our entire first day of vacation. The seats on their planes are cramped and even the aisles are hard to get through. One flight attendant explained that the company added an extra seat to every row on the plane. Forget customer comfort! We will never choose Air Transat again.

Air Transat Customer review :  12 April 2014 by Sutterby Elaine    (UK)

Travelled from Gatwick to Calgary with Air Transat. Paid extra for two seats at the back of plane (on their own with no seats adjoining them.). This was well worth the extra money. Cabin crew were very pleasant both going and coming back. Would definitely travel with Air Transat again.

Air Transat Customer review :  11 April 2014 by Ryan Smith    (UK)

We flew into Toronto and it was ok, there was enough leg room and staff were ok, however the food was awful! Coming back was even worse, the food and were terrible and the comfort was poor. It was far too hot. I put the red light on to get a glass of water and I had to wait 30 mins before someone came and asked what I wanted! The movie didn't start until about 3 hours into the flight so there was nothing to do for the first 3 hours. I will never be flying with them again.

Air Transat Customer review :  9 April 2014 by D Davis    (UK)

I returned from Toronto on an Air Transat flight which was awful. We paid extra for Option Plus which is just not worth it. The seat is still an economy seat and they are very small and uncomfortable. I sat in seat 4H and the trolleys kept hitting me whenever they went up and down. There were no personal TV's and it was difficult to watch the small screens as it gave me neck ache. Awful food, awful staff and I will never fly this airline again.

Air Transat Customer review :  9 April 2014 by S Wood    (Canada)

Vancouver - Calgary - Cuba, again 3x3x3 but at least we had our individual screens so we could watch what we wanted. I went option plus which gives you priority boarding. Plus a comfort pack, pillow, blanket, ear phones, small bottle of champagne and a free snack. $70 more but you do get to board first and your luggage is off loaded first, so for that reason I would recommend that. I will never take another flight that's not direct again. We were supposed to 'touch down' for 45 min in Calgary to pick up passengers. Took a little longer than I was told. I never got the comfort pack until after I left Calgary. I am a looking into different options for my next trip. If you are small you may be alright in the seats. The ride home for me was painful, smaller plane, couldn't sleep a wink. One big screen in the middle of the plane so staff got to pick the movies. I expected nothing from the food having flown with them before and I wasn't surprised, some things I never even opened. They seem to be more interested in soliciting sales for duty free than I remembered from my last trip. In Cuba Option plus meant nothing, you couldn't understand a thing the woman said. In summary I don't think any airline I've found has what you would call good food. I may give them another try if they get different planes, my knees were in the back of the other passengers seat for over 6hrs.

Air Transat Customer review :  19 March 2014 by Shirley Davis    (Canada)

We booked a vacation from Edmonton AB Canada to Manzanillo Mexico on Air Transat in Feb 2014 - the first time we've ever flown with Air Transat. We then discovered that our flight was being operated by EnerJet, an airline that Air Transat contracted out to. EnerJet had absolutely no in-flight entertainment on their planes and not even a power plug or USB for electronics, which meant we had to go out and buy a rechargeable DVD player for the trip and load up on books, etc. so that we weren't just sitting there for 5.5 hours with nothing to do. There were only 2 washrooms aboard the plane, and we were at the very back of the plane the entire trip and there was a constant parade of people heading to the washrooms. The seats were very crowded also. The meal was quite good - chicken wraps and beef sandwiches, with a little salad, cheese, crackers and a piece of fudge for dessert, and the refreshments came by quite frequently which was nice.

Air Transat Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Carmell Fredrickson    (Canada)

Booked through AirTransat and never again. Flight of 5 hrs from Edmonton to Manzallino on March 7-14 2014. AirTransat contracted flight to Econojet. Small old plane, no entertainment and no water in bathrooms and no coffee or tea. Cramped conditions and people complaining was what we experienced. So essentially we paid for something at the regular price and received a lesser quality flight/airline. As a side note the flight attendants were the only good thing, never again.

Air Transat Customer review :  6 March 2014 by K Mos    (Canada)

Winnipeg to Dominican Republic on Airbus 310. We booked in Option Plus, so there was a special check-in line at both airports. Thank goodness because the regular check-in line at the Punta Cana airport had over 100 people in it! We got through the Option Plus check-in line in less than 10 minutes. Option Plus holders are also allowed to board the plane first, so that was nice and we knew there would be space for our carry-on in the overhead compartments (which were huge anyway). Received free champagne, a small wine bottle, preferred meals, and a snack as well as another free alcoholic drink. Seating arrangement was a little odd though. 3x3x3. Not very many people travel in a group of 3. The seats are very small though, I'm only 5'5" and it was tight for my body. I felt awful for my 6'0" boyfriend who couldn't even put his tray table down flat. The tightness of the seats really put us in a bad mood and a lot of the others on the plane were getting cranky due to the lack of room too. The food wasn't bad, it was edible at least. Instead of individual televisions, there were only TV's in the middle and they were small and not very high quality. I don't know why they bother having televisions at all because people were just getting frustrated when others walked by to go to the washroom or stretch and caused them to "miss" parts of the movie. The only way I would travel with Air Transat again is if I was in a row of 2 (which there were few in the back and cost extra), or in club class. Do not travel in economy class with this company, you will pull your hair out and it will ruin your vacation.

Air Transat Customer review :  3 March 2014 by M Tushishvili    (France)

Montreal to Paris on Airbus 310. The overall impression of this flight was bad. However, lets start from positive side - check-in and boarding was ok with helpful ground staff. It should be highlighted that crew on board of the aircraft was friendly, helpful, professional and very skilled. The very negative side is that seats are extremely narrow and small. It is impossible to fit it. The plane A310 (very old model) was redesigned for configuration 3X3X3 (9 in total in a row instead of 7) which is really painful since 2 extra seats in each row are put in. NO TV individual screens. The food is just horrible and not eatable. NOT recommended for Paris-Montreal route and my advice is to double check the model of aircraft before booking. Avoid at any cost A310.

Air Transat Customer review :  3 March 2014 by David Sears    (Canada)

We upgraded to club class because of the extra legroom in the seats. We did not expect much as it was cheaper than Air Canada. We were in for a surprise! We flew from Toronto to Puerto Vallarta Mexico. As soon as we were seated we were offered a glass of wine. We had two cabin flight attendants for the business class. The flight attendants were very cheerful and helpful throughout the flight, the food was the best we've had on any aircraft. Wrote the flight we were offered wine beer liquor the cure coffee tea anything that we wanted. The nicest part about it is there is a separate washroom for only the business class. We were hoping that the service and food would be as good on the way home. And it was. I would not hesitate to fly Air Transat again.

Air Transat Customer review :  24 February 2014 by A Lane    (UK)

Flew out of Gatwick to Toronto, 14/02/14 and back to London the following week on a new A330/200. All I can say is, what a surprise! The aircraft was new, the entertainment system good, the staff extremely helpful and attentive. Food was ok. General service is easily on par with BA, Virgin or ACA in economy - and generally a lot better in many cases. They have definitely raised their game and I see them as a credible alternative to many '4/5 star airlines' if you have to fly economy.

Air Transat Customer review :  21 February 2014 by Smith Peter    (Canada)

I recently had a flight from Toronto to Gatwick (UK). It was delayed by bad weather but the problem was the attitude of Transat. We should have boarded at 9pm - instead it was eventually 2am but with no food vouchers or drinks. We then sat on the plane until 5am before a glass of water was handed out. Then, taxiing out two people fell ill and we returned to the gate, eventually taking off at 7am. In that time, no food - just one glass of water - not even coffee. We then flew to Montreal to change crew (they were out of hours, that's ok) and then flew to London - and were given just a tiny slice of pizza - on a 7-hour flight! Transat offered $100 compensation and, despite Customer Services at Gatwick promising they would reimburse extra travel costs they then refused. Any proper airline would pay up. No wonder Transat's passenger numbers are going down.

Air Transat Customer review :  20 February 2014 by C Mitchell    (Canada)

Just returned from Costa Rica. Had new A330 cabins and it was an excellent experience. Entertainment system is one of the best. Very impressive looking cabin with lighting etc. Only problem was seat comfort, since they have now gone with the thin seats. Just a little uncomfortable after 8 hours. I fly extensively, and this airline has really shaped up. Would choose them over any other carrier in this country.

Air Transat Customer review :  15 February 2014 by M Tushishvili    (France)

Paris-Montreal. I had mixed impressions: The positive side is that Terminal 3 in CDG airport is very pleasant to use, check-in staff are very competent and the security area was moving quickly. Boarding was done using buses but very well organized by the ground staff. Inflight attendants were very helpful throughout the flight. The negative side is that seats are so narrow that you cannot move a finger. The plane A330 was redesigned for configuration 3X3X3 (9 in total in a row instead of 8) which is extremely uncomfortable. It is just impossible to seat 7 hours without any changes in a position. The food is just horrible. My advice is to bring my own meal. The comfort kits costs 9 Canadian dollars which includes pillow, blanket etc. This is definitely the low cost airline and overall it is an average experience. I will report about the return flight as well.

Air Transat Customer review :  7 February 2014 by Duane Hanson    (Canada)

Jan 22 2014. My wife and I and 2 other couples were going to Mexico for a 2 week vacation, it started in Saskatoon when the flight was 1hr 45 minutes delayed because there was no crew for the plane. Then we had to stop in Regina to pick up passengers, we finally get to Puerto Vallarta at 6.15 pm, we were supposed leave at 9am so that's over 9 hours to get there. Coming home yesterday we stop again in Regina to let off passengers at 9.05pm. We sat for 3 hrs because there was no crew to fly the plane. Also we had to be on the bus from our hotel at 2pm and got home at almost 2am in the morning. Unacceptable.

Air Transat Customer review :  7 February 2014 by Andrew Duff    (UK)

LGW-YVR-LGW in economy, out 23/01/14, back 04/02/2014. Usually fly BA on this route but tempted by vastly cheaper fare and free ski carriage. Pleasantly surprised: outbound leg on A330 with old economy configuration meant no personal IFE but seat was comfortable, legroom better than BA and crew a pleasure to deal with. Food adequate and plentiful, drinks offered regularly throughout the 10 hour flight. Return leg in refitted economy - legroom tighter and seat less comfortable, but IFE superb, cabin very attractive with mood lighting. Crew, food and drink excellent again. Only misses a 10 score because outbound flight was delayed by 3 hours - but we were informed a day in advance so no harm done. Would certainly fly Air Transat again.

Air Transat Customer review :  4 February 2014 by Anne Scott    (Canada)

Departed Jan 26 2014 for Antigua - good flight and de-iced the plane prior to take off. Returned Feb 2 2014 to Toronto - good flight - thanks to the pilots/catering in Toronto on strike - Air Transat was very considerate and gave travelers a $15 voucher to buy food at Antigua airport. Very considerate and thoughtful. Air Transat Rep greeted us at the airport. She was polite/professional. She was at Antigua airport to inform us of the hour delay, food vouchers and was always informative.

Air Transat Customer review :  4 February 2014 by L MacDonald    (Canada)

We travelled to Manzanillo from Saskatoon, Jan 7 2014. We could not believe there was no inflight entertainment, not even music. We never did get a reasonable explanation to why.

Air Transat Customer review :  3 February 2014 by G Glenn    (Canada)

We flew Club Class to Cancun for Christmas, I should mention we always try to get this section and over the years have been mostly satisfied, but the last couple of times we have been very unhappy, the trip down was fine it was coming back that was outrageous. They only had one attendant serving this area normally there are 2 and he was rude and lazy. We had buzzed several times to have my wife's dishes taken away, finally she took them to the kitchen herself and the attendant was in there looking at his phone and talking to another attendant. There were a lot of other problems, at one stage a lady walked by us that wasn't even serving in our section, saw the buzzer on and asked if she could help, we told her what was happening, she apologized and put us in touch with person over him and she took care of us for the rest of the flight. The last 3 times we have flown in Club we have been unhappy and we travel 4-5 times a year so we know what we are talking about.

Air Transat Customer review :  30 January 2014 by W Steer    (Canada)

This would have been our third time flying with Air Transat. The first time we paid extra for a direct flight and at the airport were informed that the flight had changed and now had a 3 hour stop over in Vancouver. No reimbursement or credits given. Also no explanation as to why there was a change. The second time everything was great and had no issues. I thought that the first time had just been my bad luck. I was wrong. We are six weeks away from leaving on a family vacation to Costa Rica and we were informed yesterday that the flight was cancelled. No explanation again. I will never travel with Air Transat again.