Air Transat

"said I’d never do it again"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Montego Bay. When leaving Toronto they got us all to board the plane and then we sat there for almost 2 hours it started to snow, about an hr and a half of sitting on the plane we were lucky to get out of Toronto. Then on the flight to Jamaica the flight attendants were nice but flustered seemed to have no idea what was going on and the landing was the worst I’ve experienced, then went to claim our bags and both were damaged. Then we booked a catamaran excursion at the resort and it was through air transat the boat company was Chukka and they said drinks were all inclusive come to find out on the boat all they had was beer and rum punch my girlfriend hates both those things so she couldn’t drink then we get to Margaritville thinking maybe they will have better drinks there but they are charging 6-7USD for beer and drinks at a so called all inclusive excursion that’s ridiculous. I have nothing bad to say about the resort we stayed at the Grande Bahia Principe in Runaway Bay it is an amazing resort good food, entertainment, drinks, cleanliness, and staff. As for the trip back we got picked up at 9am from resort we checked our bags at 10:30am and they said the flight was an hour late so we thought nothing of it and went through security then we get up and see the board and it’s delayed 5 hours then we tryed to go out to have a smoke now knowing we’re delayed for so long but they wouldn’t let us out they said we needed an Air Transat rep to let us out so we found them all sitting in waiting chairs doing nothing in the airport and they wouldn’t take us out and we’re laughing about it after the fact very unprofessional. I also flew with Air Transat to Cuba the year before and said I’d never do it again I only went this time because my trip was paid for as a gift but I wouldn’t go again on a trip with them if it was free.
RouteToronto to Montego Bay

"Service is bad overall"

Trip Verified | Puerto Vallarta to Toronto. The crew was nice and commend them for trying to provide better service, however, the plane flying into my destination and return has no wi-fi service and no entertainment on board, which I think is unbearable for almost 6 hour flight. The plane was also delayed on my first leg of the flight, and on return to YYZ - we didn't get our luggage until after more than 1 hour and 10 minutes. Service is bad overall.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RoutePuerto Vallarta to Toronto

"abysmal customer service"

Trip Verified | Montreal to Cancun. On flight TS560, when I rang to see a flight attendant, nobody ever came to see me. They only came when it was time to serve beverages. When arrived at Cancun Airport, the Air Transat agents in the bus stop were completely disorganized. We had to change 3 times our waiting spot to finally board a shuttle to our hotel. All that after one hour wait on the bus stop. We weren't greeted with any contact at the hotel for the week we were there (like every other airline does). So I missed important information for my trip. For the trip back, we waited for over an hour before being able to board the airplane. The flight attendants got stuck in traffic between their hotel and the airport. No communication was ever given to passengers about the wait. Only when we took off in flight TS561 that the pilot explained to us and apologized. One passenger had grievances about the fact we were not made aware of the wait before, and the flight attendant told her it could have been anything that could've delayed the flight, so we don't need to always communicate delays. When we got back home, I called their customer service, and I was served with total indifference. No excuses given. She even ended the call by saying "We can't please everyone" and "people call us to say that we are better than other companies". Abysmal customer service. I will not book with them for my next trip to the Caribbean.
RouteMontreal to Cancun
Date FlownDecember 2017

"I will give a good rating"

Trip Verified | Montréal to Montego Bay. This is a mixed review. On the negative side, I boarded the plane and proceeded to tell one flight attendant that I was going to Montego Bay with my son to celebrate my 50th birthday and that I had been flying for over 25 years and would it be possible during the flight to see the cockpit with the pilots for the first time ever, she said maybe when we land. It’s not that she said no, it was her manner, just uncaring with a phony smile (this trip was very special for me). On a positive note, there was a very warm, genuine flight attendant on that flight who was kind and definitely belonged in that job. I even thanked her when I disembarked. I will give a good rating to Transat because of the impression that she left with me.
RouteMontréal to Montego Bay
Date FlownNovember 2017

"they don't care about loyalty"

Trip Verified | We booked to depart from Vancouver at 8:20 am on 26 Dec 2017 travelling with a family of 4 to Cancun for 8 days. We live in Victoria and either need to fly to Vancouver (30min) or take a ferry and drive (3 hours). We booked our vacation so we can take a 5:30 am flight from Victoria to Vancouver on the 26th of Dec 2017 (the first flight out from Victoria), arrive in Vancouver by 6:00 am, thus leaving us 2h 20 min to catch the international flight with Air Transat at 8:20 am. This flight from Victoria to Vancouver is $773.84 rtn, plus an overnight on the return in hotel at $289.95 as the flight back from Cancun arrives at 10 pm 3 Jan 2018 and there are no flights from Vancouver to Victoria at that time. Our Air Transat vacation not including the Victoria to Vancouver flights and Hotel in Vancouver on return was paid out as $10,484 to Air Transat on 20 October 2017. 24 November we receive notification that Air Transat changed the flight on 26 Dec 2017 to depart at 6:25 am, which will not leave us the time necessary to make the international connection. We contact Air Transat to discuss our concern and how their flight change will effect us ($420 to change our flights to 8:20 pm on 25 Dec 2017 from 26 Dec 5:30 am from Victoria BC and now a hotel on 25 Dec 2017 at a cost of $265.38). As opposed to sympathy and a helping hand due to their change a month after we booked this vacation and a month remaining before the departure date, we were told it is not their problem and we could cancel our trip and receive a 50% refund or figure out what we need to do to make their flight We have now had 4 vacations plus this one with them ... our loyalty obviously means nothing. Bottom line and money in their pocket seems to be the only option, and how their change has effected loyal customers means nothing. I suggest they don't care about loyalty. I dealt with this issue from 8 am to 11:27 am this morning, being put on hold multiple times, speaking to 4 different people and this is the final decision and offer "We can give you 50% refund on your package and cancel it". Not very impressed at all to say the least.
RouteVancouver to Cancun
Date FlownNovember 2017

"better options exist at similar prices"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Toronto. The flight left on time and arrived on time. Service was not friendly or welcoming. It is an acceptable pragmatic level of service, that suggests a sort of begrudging tolerance for people being on their plane. The food was not great, the salad was served frozen (complete with ice chunks - there was no one in visible sight that ate this) and when we advised the flight team, they were aware of the problem saying they would report the problem back again. Seating is saggy, not uncomfortable but it was not the top of seat comfort that is available on longer distance flights. The onboard entertainment options are terrible, poor movie selection, no tv screens on the two groups of side seats (6 out of 9 seat abreast) and the central 3 seats share common screens appearing every few rows. Air Transat was nominally cheaper than other airlines, but only nominally. The time of their flight was more suitable for our purposes but better options exist at very similar prices.
RouteGatwick to Toronto
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Air Transat is a terrible airline"

Verified Review | Air Transat is a terrible airline. I hope to save you the time, money, and stress that this airline cost me. Honestly, pay the little extra and go with another airline, Air Transat will get that money out of you somehow anyway and probably more. Flew Toronto to Paris. Cons: Online check-in system: 1) It let us check in without informing us that the expiration date I entered on one of the passports did not meet the requirements to fly to Europe. They only told us once we got to the gate that we could not board the plane. Had their system given us an error, we would have had time to get an emergency passport before the flight. They cost us $1000 in extra travel costs as we needed to buy another flight. Their customer service was one of the worst that I've encountered. 2) Checking in online does not save you from their line-ups at the airport. Horrible customer service when you call - takes 20 minutes to get hold of someone and when you do get someone they are rude and will do nothing to help you. No in-flight entertainment, you have to download an app and use your own device which you cannot charge on their planes. Not acceptable for an 8.5 hr flight! Even the things they did have on the app were terrible, random episodes of shows, and outdated movies anyone? Did not even respond to my complaint after we got back on vacation - it seems like they don't care what kind of experience you have, they already have your money. If you have any dietary restrictions at all bring your own food - they may have a meal for you, but any of the snacks will not meet any requirements. Don't drink anything - we had a turbulent flight and the washrooms were not in use for the last 3-4 hours of our 8 hour flight. Pros: The in-flight crew were decent - the crew that checked us in were okay - I guess they didn't lose our luggage so that's something.
AircraftA310-300 TS
RouteToronto to Paris
Date FlownOctober 2017

"informed there was a 13 hour delay"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Vancouver. Arrived at checkin and was informed that there was a 13 hour delay and that was it. I later asked about accommodation etc but the check in staff were asking each other about this, we were asked to sit where we could (the checkin area was tucked away in a corner the next floor down from the main checkin area). A chap arrived later and told us we could have a room in the Gatwick Hilton and a voucher for food to the sum of £10 each. We were told how to get to the hotel but no transport was provided (my wife and I have walking disabilities) it took us 20 minutes to walk there. Not at word was mentioned about any form of compensation for the delay. We eventually arrived in Vancouver having effectively lost a day of our trip to Canada. Today is 2nd November and after many efforts by both my UK travel company and myself, apart from a “do not reply to this email”acknowledgment we are still awaiting a human response.
RouteGatwick to Vancouver
Date FlownJune 2017

"customer service was very poor"

Verified Review | Flew Air Transat from Montreal to Punta Cana. I have taken many trips in my life, and this one has got to be the worst one! Terrible from the moment my husband and I booked in September until our return, the customer service was very poor. The agents gave the wrong information, I had to call over 5 times and each agent gave me a different answer. This put a sour taste for our honeymoon. Once on the flight I was even more disappointed. No service, no drinks, no snacks. On our way back, a rude woman in front of me pushed her chair all the way back on me to the point of actually hurting my knees. I asked her politely to move her seat up and she refused. I called the flight attendant and instead of acknowledging my feelings, she tells me to move seats. I did not want to be separated from my husband it was our honeymoon! The flight attendant calls her superior, who was very rude and sarcastic. She told me the same thing as the other stewardess, "switch seats, don't have your table down, you have to cooperate". I did not feel like arguing.
RouteMontreal to Punta Cana

"cranky and unprofessional"

Verified Review | Flew Air Transat from Glasgow to Vancouver via Toronto. Ticket price was good. Flight to Glasgow was way better than flight home. On the way home we found a few of the stewardesses to be cranky and unprofessional. (Not all) The food was inedible. Seating cramped and Wifi on Cini App kept going down. Why not offer a free fruit, cheese/cracker plate instead of the gross, salty food that was offered? The amount that goes in the garbage is wasteful.
RouteGlasgow to Vancouver via Toronto