Royal Jordanian Airlines Customer Reviews and Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6

Royal Jordanian Airlines Customer review :  12 March 2013 by Peter Banik    (Slovakia)

VIE-AMM-AUH, DXB-AMM-VIE in economy. Very nice experience. Cabin was in good shape and there was above-average legroom. Aircraft's were equipped with AVOD with really good selection of movies. Cabin crew ranged from average to excellent. Finally, meal was very good and in economy there was choice of 3 meals which is rather unusual, although they could have run few more rounds of drinks given the length of flights. The only downside is Amman airport which is not exactly a great experience. In addition, they weren't able to issue boarding pass for our connecting flight in Dubai which could have complicated our short transfer in Amman, but fortunately we arrived to transfer desk as first passengers from our flight. It is noteworthy that once many people with same problem from our flight came to transfer desk, they quickly opened 4 more counters so I guess they were well-prepared for this.

Royal Jordanian Airlines Customer review :  7 March 2013 by Jan Kaye    (Australia)

Flew from BKK to AMM on A330 - was disappointed. Food was very basic tiny portion and only 1 hot meal served on 11 hour flight. The seat hurt. The flight attendants did not give water throughout the flight but slept and talked at the rear of the aircraft. Toilets were filthy, never cleaned throughout flight. The entertainment system was good with new movies and touch screen. My first time on RJ and I think it will be my last.

Royal Jordanian Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2013 by Phil Perkins    (Australia)

I read about this airline before I left Australia and had some concerns, however, after 4 flights with them my wife and I both agree that this is a good airline. Yes, food is simple but OK, yes there is no alcohol openly served but I got some wine. Seats were comfortable and the fights were all on time with a modern fleet of aircraft. We had no problem with the inflight service it was all very friendly. All but one flight was not booked out and we could move and stretch our legs and get some shot eye. My wife and I said we would both be happy to fly Royal Jordan airlines anytime in fact they deserve a higher rating than they have received.

Royal Jordanian Airlines Customer review :  14 February 2013 by F Wong    (Hong Kong)

HKG-BKK-HKG. Being in high season for Chinese new year, this was one of the few biz class I could still book at short notice, first time flying with them, and feeling hesitant about the next time given the less than satisfactory experience. Boarding in HKG and BKK was good and orderly. The leather seat was impressive enough. Rather comfortable, but angle-lie flat (i.e. feeling like sliding down) makes you think twice about flying anything longer than 5 hours with them. Service was fine, friendly and efficient enough. However, flying at 9pm from HKG to BKK. I was only served 3 mini open sandwiches instead of a dinner, first time feeling hungry after a biz class flight! No fast track immigration card available when reaching BKK, this was very disappointing. Return flight fared better, but when I stepped on board they were too busy doing other chores, hence no greetings! Finally was served a full lunch which was of good quality. Other than that, the IFE was ok, although choices a bit limited. What I most disliked was to see some of their off-duty staff (not in uniforms) occupying biz class seats. Luggage in HKG arrived last even thought marked priority bags.

Royal Jordanian Airlines Customer review :  13 February 2013 by Y Abedrabbo    (Jordan)

AMM-DXB-AMM. Brilliant flight as usual. Cabin crew were very friendly and attentive, food was delicious and abundant and the seat was very comfortable with ample legroom. A bit of delay in departure, but that was due to Dubai immigrations and not RJ, but we ended up arriving on-time. Very much recommended!

Royal Jordanian Airlines Customer review :  7 February 2013 by Hakam Nabulsi    (Jordan)

AMM-DXB and back, flight was excellent as usual. I fly this route very regularly and RJ proved to be the best operating this route. The food was excellent and delicious, (Fish with Rice) and the entertainment was even better. Would recommend RJ.

Royal Jordanian Airlines Customer review :  4 February 2013 by Khawla Amin    (Qatar)

Amman to Doha. Another very good onboard experience with RJ. Food as usual was delicious, flight attendants extremely attentive, the Embraer 195 aircraft clean with great comfortable leather seats. However, I have to admit that RJ ground staff are not so good and need to be trained to be more transparent with passengers. Our flight was delayed for 2 hours and each RJ rep at the airport gave a different story and they were all obviously clueless and kept us in the dark with no update of any kind. It's a shame that RJ has such great flight attendants and yet untrained unprofessional ground staff.

Royal Jordanian Airlines Customer review :  15 January 2013 by G Abenaa    (Germany)

TXL via Amman to Dubai return. Clean airplane with plenty of leg space and very good food. The quick transfer of only 50 mins on each flight was without any problems and works efficient.

Royal Jordanian Airlines Customer review :  14 January 2013 by M Kolosov    (France)

FRA-AMM-BKK-AMM-FRA. Flights FRA-AMM and AMM-FRA operated on Airbus 320 with built-in entertainment system. Food was inexpensive but ok for the price paid. Crew members were nice and passenger caring. Crown Lounge in Amman is poor and requires major investments, plenty of personnel there who are actually doing nothing for the passengers. AMM-BKK return legs on Airbus 330, aircraft were not new but still met the regular comfort standards. Entertainment system's choice is slightly wider compared with RJ medium-haul but still poor when compared to other Arab airlines flying to BKK. Crew were inattentive and responded poorly to passenger needs. Nothing to say or remember about the food, average is a right word for the entire experience.

Royal Jordanian Airlines Customer review :  9 January 2013 by Brian Levy    (Ireland)

LHR to Tel Aviv via Amman return. Food was excellent including surprisingly a full hot lunch on the 40 minute Amman-TLV sector. Flight attendants on all sectors were courteous, smiling and generous with food and drinks. Seats were comfortable. Transit in Amman was quick and efficient. My first time with Royal Jordanian and I'm quite a satisfied customer.

Royal Jordanian Airlines Customer review :  13 December 2012 by John Duffus    (Thailand)

BKK-AMM-LHR-AMM-BKK to take advantage of stop-over on outward leg to visit Petra. The TG lounge at BKK’s E concourse cannot cope when it is over-packed with late evening flyers, the food selection is very poor. Last- minute gate change not announced in the lounge resulting in a long back-track. A330 angled flat seats are the most comfortable of many I have experienced and I managed sleep on the night sectors. Arrival at Amman was a huge let-down. No-one at the currency exchange and no officer at the visa on arrival desk. Bag took 45 minutes to arrive. The new terminal cannot open soon enough. At LHR there was another 45 minutes wait for the bags of about 20 passengers whilst all other bags cleared within 30 minutes. Transit in AMM en route back from LHR was as bad, with lengthy waits to get near the departure gate and absolutely no organization. On the other hand, meals on the AMM-LHR sectors were excellent, as was the smiling service. The replacement of the A330 with an A320 for LHR-AMM was no hardship, even though the seat pitch is considerably reduced. BA’s Terminal 3 lounge with excellent food and drinks was almost empty for a full 2 hours before the flight. RJ provides a very good service. It's a pity the airports let it down.

Royal Jordanian Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2012 by Hakam Nabulsi    (Jordan)

AMM-DXB (return). RJ are really improving. Seat was very comfortable, dinner of rice with fish which tasted very good. AVOD is also good, but I didn't use it. Return was in business class which was even better than economy. I recommend it.

Royal Jordanian Airlines Customer review :  29 November 2012 by Khawla Amin    (Qatar)

Amman to Aqaba on Embraer175. Served a full hot meal, tea, coffee and water on this very short 40 minute flight. The 3 flight attendants were very helpful. The leather seats were comfortable and the flight was only half full so I was lucky to have an empty seat next to me. RJ has improved tremendously lately and I really hope they stay this way.

Royal Jordanian Airlines Customer review :  27 November 2012 by Brady Khoo    (Malaysia)

Economy class from KL to Amman via Bangkok return last week. In-flight service lousy and slow. Cabin crew not only unfriendly but rude. They informed that that they do not take and fill water containers, we need to proceed to their station to fill the containers. I proceed to the station and asked them to fill up my water container and what I got is "We are busy, sit down". I proceed to another station at the back where they rudely informed me there is not enough water to go around. Bread served with the meals was not only cold but hard as rock. They do not say excuse me when pushing the cart and when they bump into you, they just ignore you and push the cart away. During stopover at Bangkok, no one is allowed to use the toilet. I feel that the crews only do the bear minimal throughout the flight.

Royal Jordanian Airlines Customer review :  27 November 2012 by J Langford    (UK)

LHR-BKK via Amman. First leg was rather packed, surrounded by flight crew from a previous flight. Service was fast and polite, and I was kept supplied with beer for the majority of the flight. Meal was nice, as was the silver service treatment. Second leg was generally friendlier. Despite most of the passengers being asleep I didn't get the feeling that the crew were disinterested. Managed to sleep for an hour or so, without falling out of my chair, but I never have them in the full sleeping position anyhow. My only slight gripe was not being able to have a beer as my arrival drink, which other airlines seem to allow, although I was given a beer as soon as the cabin crew started moving in air. IFE had more than enough to keep me occupied throughout the flights. At LHR I made full use of the fast track immigration, and the BA lounge was in tiptop shape, very good selection of beers, and wines, spirits were so so. Good (ish) view of the runway, and some parts of the terminal. Toilets were spotless too, the cleaner seemed to clean after every passenger. Amman's Lounge was reasonable, ample seating but very few plug sockets. Bar was somewhat limited, but being a Jordan I didn't really expect it to be as overtly displaying alcohol as London.

Royal Jordanian Airlines Customer review :  26 November 2012 by Claudia Heidel    (Germany)

Berlin to Bangkok via Amman. First sector on a very new-looking A319 with individual IFE's. Provided with a hot meal on take-off, free unlimited alcoholic drinks for economy and a hot pizza slice shortly before arrival. The crew were serious but courteous. The service was quick. Our transit in Amman exceeded 6 hours and we were pleasantly surprised to be shuttled to the Golden Tulip Queen Alia Hotel. Amman to Bangkok was on a larger A330 again with individual IFE's, 2 full hot meals and a snack and attentive service. The price was very cheap and I would fly them again considering the price, quality and quantity of food and IFE's with lots of Western films and programs.

Royal Jordanian Airlines Customer review :  19 November 2012 by Magdy Louka    (Cyprus)

Amman to Paris on A321. Business class was comfortable for a single aisle plane. Served champagne and hors d'oeuvres before take-off. Flight was around 5 hours but were served 2 full hot meals during it with real china . This has never happened to me before on any airline on a similar duration flight. The choice of meals was delicious especially the Arab dishes. The drinks kept flowing. Flight attendants were courteous and friendly. We were also handed out souvenirs from Jordan on arrival which was a nice touch. RJ's business class really impressed me and I will fly them again.

Royal Jordanian Airlines Customer review :  15 November 2012 by D Harvey    (UK)

Flew LHR-BKK via Amman in business class. Service was slow, only offered 1 drink before dinner, served food which was ok, wine served after dinner was finished. Requested a further drink and got sneered at and it showed up 20 mins later. Tried to use the toilets and was accused of being in economy, whilst in the toilet a steward banged on the door! We fly business class as a treat when we go on holiday - there was nothing about any of the 4 flights we took that was a treat - the service is slow, surly and at times rude . We will never fly this airline again.

Royal Jordanian Airlines Customer review :  13 November 2012 by Hamad Nabulsi    (Jordan)

AMM-BEY-AMM. Amman-Beirut: on an embraer; clean, leg room was ample and food okay for the trip of 45-50 minutes. Food consisted of a croissant and a cup of juice. Beirut-Amman: on an airbus A319, clean aircraft with comfortable seats and good leg-room, food consisted of a cupcake and a cup of juice. Would recommend it as RJ is improving very much and I prefer it when traveling. Note: in-flight entertainment was simple, it consisted of commercials and videos, however there were screens for every passenger.

1 2 3 4 5 6