PAGE loading ... please wait!

Porter Airlines Customer Reviews and Porter Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3

Porter Airlines customer travel guide

Porter Airlines 4-Star ranking

Porter Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

Porter Airlines customer review :  25 September 2014 by D Lynch    (Canada)

Very disappointed in Porter these days. Last 2 trips - to Toronto and to Sudbury - were delayed and delayed. Spent most of the day in the airport in Thunder Bay and Toronto. A 4 hour trip turned into a 10 hour. No explanations, no information. Today I realized I made a mistake in booking a flight from Thunder Bay to Toronto. Called as soon as I noticed - $75 charge to cancel the flight and to rebook would have been double the price. I used to fly Westjet all the time - I think I will be returning to Westjet. Not happy at all and a weekend in TO ruined.

Porter Airlines customer review :  18 September 2014 by A Stefan    (Canada)

My flight from Toronto to a conference in Chicago was cancelled, with no reason provided, 12 hours prior to the flight. The only option Porter offered was to re-book 2 hours after the original departure time. If I had cancelled to rebook on a different airline (at a significantly increased cost given the short notice) I would have received only a flight credit, not a full refund which is unbelievably bad customer treatment. I was forced to take the later flight and I missed the two sessions at the conference that were the primary reason for my attendance. I am 6 feet two hundred pounds. These planes do not accommodate above average sized people, period.

Porter Airlines customer review :  11 September 2014 by E Williams    (Canada)

Just awful! Used to be really great and easy. Lately (the last year and a half) they have been so unreliable. We do monthly flights from Toronto to Montreal and vice versa and every time without fail are delayed one way if not both and/or cancelled. There have been 3 times this year where the flight has left for Toronto only to turn around and come back to Montreal for one reason or another with no compensation. A free drink is certainly not worth all of the trouble, it is faster to drive with all of the delays. They really need to get things back on track, can't imagine how poor their on time service rate must be at this point.

Porter Airlines customer review :  11 September 2014 by Sandra Shipman    (USA)

I would not recommend Porter Airlines if you need to get someplace at a certain time and are depending on their schedule. Our experience was delays and more delays. First problem, Porter changed our original flight time and we were not notified. We flew from Montreal to Toronto, changed plans to fly to Boston with a connecting flight in Boston to Houston. We missed our connecting flight because of the changed schedule and then further delays. The flight leaving Montreal was approximately 1.5 hours late. Then our connection in Toronto was late as well. We originally were to arrive in Boston at 4.35pm but did not arrive until 5.50pm. Porter employees in both Montreal and Toronto were unwilling to help us find another alternative in order for us to arrive in Boston in time for our connection. Consequently we had to get a hotel and stay overnight.

Porter Airlines customer review :  2 September 2014 by H Noetzel    (Canada)

Our family really used to look forward flying with Porter but in the last two years you feel like you have a 50/50 chance of having a significant issue with your flight. Yesterday August 30/2014, Flight 635 from Toronto to Thunder Bay. They announce a boarding 10 minutes earlier than scheduled due to the "air show". Ok, no problem. We get on the plane and sit and sit in the hot cabin. You repeatedly hear cargo doors being opened and shut. The pilot/co-pilot leaves the plane and has discussions with the ground crew and also I think went into the terminal as well. Eventually one of the flight crew tells us that due to "technical issues" we will be flying to Hamilton to get fuelled up. I guess it was either that or take passengers and baggage off the plane. We leave about 15 minutes later than scheduled for a short flight to Hamilton which takes about 15-20 minutes. We sit on the tarmac in a hot plane for about 20-25 minutes while getting fuelled up. Finally leave for Thunder Bay and arrive one hour late although with the all the waiting and heat in the plane while on the ground it felt like the journey took forever. This is not our family's first time with significant issues with Porter but it will be our last because we will not be flying with them again.

Porter Airlines customer review :  21 August 2014 by K Avery    (Canada)

My flight with Porter was cancelled due to engine problems and rescheduled for 7 hours later. All but 10 passengers were put on the 4.30pm flight, I was one of the 10. I left the airport and returned when they told us to only to be told that the piece they were supposedly fixing the aircraft with had never even come and that our flight was rescheduled for 8.30am the next day, 22 hours later that our original flight. My family went back and forth from the airport 3 times to drop me off and pick me up because they were not up front with us. As compensation I was told we will be getting at $100 dollar voucher, which we probably already spend in gas and food. Not to mention time missed out friends during my yearly visit to the province.

Porter Airlines customer review :  15 August 2014 by R Gonzaga    (Malaysia)

Flew from Toronto City airport to Washington Dulles on 11 Aug. Service on the ground was good although a little more attention could have been paid to wheelchair users. A general announcement was made re boarding but that was all but there were no staff around to assist my mother for boarding. I decided to push her wheelchair myself. On board, the flight attendants were pleasant and we were served drinks and cookies. The flight was pleasant with great views of Toronto city on taking off. Seat comfort was good and leg space was incredible for a small aircraft. A great experience.

Porter Airlines customer review :  1 August 2014 by G Moore    (Canada)

Flew Ottawa-Halifax Return. Flight to Halifax on time, return slightly delayed. Crews extremely friendly and efficient, providing comfort to others during turbulence. Seat was leather, wide enough and legroom more than good (I am 6 feet, 155 lbs). Snacks provided were very good - their terra chips are unbeatable, and I love their real glasses! My only gripe is the Ottawa lounge - there was free internet and drinks, but the coffee machine was out of order and there was nothing to eat. I know Porter's Toronto lounge is better so I hope they improve Ottawa's!

Porter Airlines customer review :  9 July 2014 by L Cross    (Canada)

On June 12, 2014, Porter delayed my return flight 269 from Toronto to Ottawa for 45 minutes. No explanation from Porter staff in the Billy Bishop Airport lounge. Finally, once on board the captain said the delay was because of refuelling problems in Montreal. While I was waiting for my delayed Ottawa flight, Porter announced the cancellation of their flight from Washington. No explanation for that either. On June 24, 2014, Porter delayed my return flight 267 from Toronto to Ottawa for 45 minutes. No explanation. Porter also announced their Toronto-Windsor flight was delayed. No explanation. Porter delayed my flight again for 45 minutes. No explanation. Then the plane arrived late and sat on the tarmac waiting for thunderstorms to clear. Thunderstorms cleared. There were no weather issues. Plane was not boarded. Then an announcement that, because of a crew medical emergency, flight 267 was cancelled. Porter has no crew backup, no employees on standby even though Toronto is their headquarters, their hub. Nor does Porter have any backup aircraft. When one is delayed or grounded their whole system collapses. Porter has expanded too quickly and are overextended on their routes. As such, Porter is now demonstrably unreliable and a danger to the flying public.

Porter Airlines customer review :  11 June 2014 by Sheila Dubyk    (Canada)

I have been reading the previous comments and the Toronto/Newark link appears to be a real problem. I was caught in the computer chaos on Sunday, June 8 and was delayed for 6.5 hours, half in Newark and half in Toronto. These are my issues. There was no concern for the passengers, no vouchers for food, no good information, no basic consideration. There was a standby in Toronto which would have got me home 2 hours sooner but there were no procedures in place to ensure that those most affected were given priority. It was just the usual whoever shows up first gets the seat. Porter executives and staff did face a catastrophic incident but were clearly not prepared to handle it. They are just not experienced enough. This was my first flight with Porter and also my last!

Porter Airlines customer review :  11 June 2014 by Sally Hewson    (Canada)

It should not take more than 10 hours to get home from Newark. Experienced delayed departure of 4 hours due to a computer problem in Toronto. Apparently this is not the first time this sort of thing has happened. They were not helpful about getting the other members of our party home after they missed their connecting flights. My journey was terminating in Toronto. The shuttle bus people ought to have mentioned that TTC at Union Station was closed for construction, but they did not. This added additional delay and expense to my journey.

Porter Airlines customer review :  3 June 2014 by Justin Sinclair    (Canada)

YUL-YTZ, May 28. Arrived late from an international flight, and made it to check-in as Porter was about to close the flight. I asked if I could be bumped to this flight, as I have had a long day and arrived in from France, and she said this would not be a problem! It was a full flight - only one seat left - and the check-in agent was most happy to get me home an hour early. Service onboard stellar as always, and I will continue to fly them as often as possible. People who gripe about Porter need to understand that in terms of poor weather, they have chosen to fly on turboprop aircraft and in and out of an island airport, where even the slightest change in poor weather can result in major delays and is not the airline's fault.

Porter Airlines customer review :  30 May 2014 by MacMillan David    (UK)

Toronto Island to Chicago Midway. Great airport and good free shuttle bus from/to Union Station downtown. Airport public areas similar to business lounge with free tea, coffee, soft drinks and snacks. Quick check in and boarding. Dash 8 400 with lots of foot room and leather seats. Very good inflight service, box lunch and choice of free alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Surprisingly fast flight and landing in Midway. Quick US and polite customs with self-service kiosks for US and Canadian passengers. Baggage reclaim very fast. Good subway connection from Midway to Chicago loop but have correct change for ticket machines.

Porter Airlines customer review :  27 May 2014 by P Fletcher    (Canada)

Took the family to Vermont for a ski holiday. The flight to Burlington was great, the airport in Toronto was great, free drinks and wide aisles made the kids happy while we waited. So far so good. However, the flight out of Burlington was terrible. We sat in Burlington airport and waited, and waited. No announcements, no one at the gate or the desk to ask. The schedule board still said "on time", an hour after the scheduled departure time. We sat and waited for over two hours after our scheduled departure and heard nothing until the flight attendants walked past and told us the plane would leave soon. Very poor communication. I don't mind a delay, but the lack of communication shows contempt for their customers.

Porter Airlines customer review :  12 May 2014 by P Herman    (Spain)

My first time on Porter and I couldn't see what the hype was about. Flew one-way, Sudbury-Toronto, fare was excellent but the service was underwhelming. The interior of the planes is too clinical for my liking (just beige and grey), and the seats already looked worn. Check in was fine, but flight attendants on this particular flight were not friendly at all, no greeting at the door, unsmiling for the whole journey, and the service perfunctory. All the announcements were pre-recorded (aside from the captain) and the mood in the cabin was depressing. One of the flight attendants in particular looked just plain miserable for the whole journey. When we left the plane, she just stared at the floor and repeated "see ya" to all the passengers - this did not feel like 4 star service. The only impressive thing was the drinks service, lots of choice and everything free, including wine and they use real glassware.

Porter Airlines customer review :  7 May 2014 by C Tan    (USA)

Newark to Toronto. Flight scheduled to depart Newark at 4pm. Delayed 2.5 hours. After boarding, we taxied on the runway for about 30 minutes with not much information communicated to the passengers. Just thank you for your patience. An hour later, for a total of 1.5 hours sitting in the plane, we were finally told that our flight had been canceled due to poor weather conditions at YTZ. After reading all of the other reviews here I'm wondering if delays and cancellations are just standard fare for this airline. To top it off, the agents at the counter were not very helpful in getting us rescheduled. It almost seemed like we were bothering them. I chose Porter because they had the lowest fares. I guess you get what you pay for. Lesson learned. Never again Porter.

Porter Airlines customer review :  10 April 2014 by D Hellyer    (Canada)

The flight from Toronto to Myrtle Beach was quite satisfactory. The return flight was another story. Minutes from boarding, there was an announcement to passengers saying that the plane was overweight and they had to make luggage a priority and golf clubs would likely be left behind. Fine. I could live with that. When we taxied to the runway, we sat for an unusually long time then the Captain announced there was a discrepancy with the weight calculation and we had to return to the terminal to sort out the mistake. They took two trolley loads of baggage off and re-configured how they packed everything. Funny how they were re-loading golf clubs and not luggage! When all was said and done, five pieces of people's luggage were left behind. I don't understand their logic in loading golf clubs when luggage was supposed to take priority. I don't understand how Porter can promote themselves as a golf destination airline and then not understand/plan that majority of people are going to travel with a piece of luggage and a golf bag. They should be pre-planning for 50lbs per person and make sure that requirement can be accommodated. I am certainly disappointed and will be telling everyone I know that if they are located close enough to drive to Billy Bishop, to drive the extra distance and take a flight from Buffalo. A big "thumbs down" to Porter Airlines.

Porter Airlines customer review :  9 April 2014 by Bylok Laurie    (Canada)

Have flown Porter from Toronto to Newark 2 or 3 times a year for the past 5 years and without fail there is a delay or cancellation of the return flight. Last night - April 7, 2014 was the worst. We were getting ready to board our flight when they suddenly announced there was unscheduled maintenance on the plane. Then they said there was a mechanical problem and they had to wait for another plane to come in. After finally boarding, they announce we are 20th in line for take-off. Then the airport shuts down the runway for 20 minutes. By the time we take-off its after 10pm, so no way we can land in TO before the 11pm curfew. We fly for about an hour thinking we are going to Toronto when they tell us we have to land in Ottawa. They blame all this on the weather. Put us up in a hotel 30 minutes from the airport. Porter fails miserably when it comes to having a back-up plan and communicating with their passengers. We have the right to know we were not going to Toronto and making our own decision about whether to stay on a flight which will have to be re-routed. Will never fly Porter again. They are inept at dealing with basic change management. And they want to expand - good luck with that.

Porter Airlines customer review :  13 January 2014 by P Romano    (Canada)

YTZ-YOW. This was the first time for me to use Porter and had very high expectation but I was very disappointed with the level of ground service and delays. Check in took over an hour, then information centre at the lounge weren't interested in answering about my questions about the flight. The flight was delayed by an hour thus missing my meeting in Ottawa. It wasn't worth the money.

Porter Airlines customer review :  9 January 2014 by L Morrow    (Canada)

Following two days of delays, cancellations, rebooking and repeated cancellations we had a Porter Agent split my young daughter's original reservation from Thunder Bay through Toronto to Ottawa and we arranged for a family member to pick her up at Billy Bishop Airport. After further delays, she eventually left Thunder Bay on Porter flight 638 at 21.29 and was diverted to Hamilton during the last stages of landing just minutes before 23.00. The diversion is due to a curfew on landing and taking off from Toronto's Billy Bishop Airport. Our issue is that Porter Airline did not communicate to passengers that the flight would be diverted. Porter did not inform those waiting to pick up passengers at Billy Bishop Airport. Airport was closed at 23.00 and no staff were present. The family member sent to Billy Bishop Airport was left searching for our daughter. We eventually found that the flight was diverted to Hamilton and that our daughter took a shuttle bus to Union Station in downtown Toronto. Sometime after 02.00 am, a local hotel was arranged where she stayed for a few short hours before making her way to the Billy Bishop Airport for her connecting flight. Our main concern is the lack of communication from Porter and the inability to contact anyone from Porter outside of regular business hours. Customers should beware of booking Porter through their hub at Billy Bishop Airport.

Porter Airlines customer review :  9 January 2014 by C Reinecker    (Canada)

Flew round trip from Toronto to Quebec City. First leg was excellent (on-time, nice staff). Return flight cancelled due to severe weather which was understandable. However customer support for was nil; staff directed us to help line then vanished, and no one was manning the phones (which cut out at 11pm). 3 days later and no response to voicemail or email. All we wanted was advice on whether to stick around for flights or try our luck with the train. Avoid them in the winter months, or all together.

Porter Airlines customer review :  6 January 2014 by C King    (Canada)

January 3rd, flight 142 from Newark to Toronto. Scheduled at 7.30pm delayed at 0.30 am and should arrive at Hamilton where buses will wait for us to get to Toronto! No accommodation will be provided. This is so usual with this airline, avoid it.

Porter Airlines customer review :  4 January 2014 by K Dunlop    (Canada)

Halifax to Sault Ste. Marie Ontario: No bad weather conditions but delayed 1.5 hrs - was going to miss connecting flight so a very helpful employee got us on an earlier flight that went through Montreal and would get us there with 45 mins to spare. This flight also ended up being delayed but we got there with just enough time to run to the next flight. No issues although I didn't find the staff on board rude nor friendly. Bags arrived with no problems. Return flight - Sault Ste. Marie to Halifax: Half an hour late again. Flight was ok, although no entertainment. We quickly got on the next flight and it was fine (Toronto to Ottawa). Then the last flight to Halifax, was the most irritating, noisy flight I've ever been on. We were stuck in a pocket of misbehaving children. I understand that kids will be kids but at some point a flight attendant should have asked the yelling to be toned down a bit.

Porter Airlines customer review :  3 January 2014 by S Dunn    (Canada)

Dec 26th 2013. Nice, sunny day. Posted a 35 minute delay for our flight to Washington, USA. After an hour we ask them if we will make our connecting flight to Iceland then on to Manchester, they say yes. After almost 90 minutes delay we phone the main line, they say we will leave shortly and make our connecting flight. Pilot says he will try and make up some time, he doesn't and as we land we still have to pick up our bags and re-clear USA customs. People let us ahead of them in line and we by pass picking up our bags and the Iceland flight had already left! Nobody around at Porter counter. We talk to Porter in Toronto the next day, they say there are no flights to Iceland for another few days! We book United Airlines to Manchester. Never again.

Porter Airlines customer review :  2 January 2014 by D Lipson    (Canada)

Dec 25th, YTZ to YHZ. Return was Dec 31st, YHZ to YTZ. Porter seems to be one of those airlines that people either love or hate. On the love side of the equation passengers get complimentary alcoholic beverages, and box lunches that are tasty. Drinks are served in glass not plastic. On the hate side of the equation the airline can't seem to get organized when bad weather happens or when the plane fills up with too many leisure passengers all of whom tote 20 kg suitcases. Citing weight restrictions they remove those cases but tell nobody until they arrive at the destination. In today's environment it is tough to be a price leader as well as deliver excellent customer service at the same time. If they don't get the right balance soon, they'll have more passengers leaving with bad impressions than favourable ones.

Porter Airlines customer review :  30 December 2013 by A Menyasz    (Hong Kong)

23 Dec 2013, Toronto (YTZ) - Ottawa (YOW). Porter Airlines is one of the few airlines you can count on to be delayed every single time you fly them. It is completely unacceptable that they constantly make their customers late, and offer nothing to make up for any such inconvenience. Even just while sitting in the lounge for several hours waiting for my flight, as other airlines had no issues getting their flights off the ground on time, Porter cancelled two flights and suggested that those customers fly with another airline (and pay the exorbitant fees they were charging at the gate) just to get home on time for Christmas. In fact, I was just notified that my return leg of the flight I am reviewing has also just been delayed. Flyer beware.

Porter Airlines customer review :  25 December 2013 by K Tillsley    (UK)

Absolutely horrible experience over the last three days trying to get our family friend back to New York. Sunday, with almost no communication to passengers, he sat waiting for 10 hours at Billy Bishop until flight was cancelled. Monday, same thing - full day at airport, scheduled flight cancelled. Today - they are on their third (3rd) plane and still haven't found one adequate to make the one hour trip to New York. I could have driven him back and forth to New York three times in the time we have been sitting here. inexcusable, terrible service and we do not plan on ever using Porter again.

Porter Airlines customer review :  17 December 2013 by KH Halifax    (Canada)

I have been flying Porter for years and appreciate the friendly service, nicely turned out cabin crew and the "more human" approach to air travel. Unfortunately we flew from Ottawa to Halifax yesterday in the midst of a storm. Our flight did manage to depart (late) although earlier flights had been cancelled. We arrived in YHZ and waited for our bags. Now sometimes, baggage delivery is slow in Halifax so I was not worried initially. During this time another flight was called to queue up at the baggage desk (two service staff) hundreds of people but no announcements were made relative to our flight. After an hour I interrupted one of the agents and asked about the Ottawa baggage. She said it wasn't coming - yet there had been no announcement or no instructions. Upon arriving home I sent an email and called the call centre. The call centre was just rebooking passengers and gave me a number to call in the morning for baggage. It's been nearly 18 hours with no response from Porter. This is not acceptable. I really expected more from this company with it's focus on customer service. How hard would it be to email everyone on the flight or have had an agent come out and explain the situation? This is the fourth time my bags have been lost and by far this the worst experience I've had with missing luggage.

Porter Airlines customer review :  16 December 2013 by J Verner    (Canada)

I'm blind. I was flying from Toronto to Thunder Bay on Friday, December 13. At first the CSRs came around to ask if I needed something every so often but then that stopped. Two to three hours of having no access to a washroom or anything, they announce that the flights were cancelled due to a snow storm. I phone the Porter call center because I was stranded in the airport. Finally they agreed to accompany me to (and pay for) a taxi back home to Brantford for the night and return me the next day. I'd hate to know how much distress they've put upon other travelers with special needs! I'd give a rating of 0, but I'm giving 1 because at least they supported me in the end.

Porter Airlines customer review :  5 December 2013 by Ed Gruscyk    (Canada)

Flight 274, YOW-YTZ return. June 14 2013. Best airline out there, they make you feel human. Stress free check in. Plus I can drive right to the terminal. When tickets are bought on sale they make flying affordable. They should be given better opportunities to expand as long as it done with quieter jets. Great to use them to Florida.

Porter Airlines customer review :  29 October 2013 by B War    (Canada)

Took a Porter round trip with my wife and our three young boys, but forgot our lunch bag containing some baby bottles on the initial flight. The crew found them, looked up when our return flight was, and when we reported into the airport for the return flight it was at the ticket counter waiting for us! (They even washed out the milk). Excellent service, friendly smiles, and great snacks/meals (for 2013 flying standards). They have our return business for sure.

Porter Airlines customer review :  8 October 2013 by Lee Moreau    (Canada)

Toronto to Montreal, # 411, 25 Sep 2013. Montreal to Toronto,# 414, 27 Sep 2013. The best airline I have flown on. Flying out of Toronto is excellent, the lounge is so nice, free coffee, water etc no long lines for security. The planes are so comfortable, huge seats all like exit rows. I fly to Montreal for business once or twice a year always with Porter. If you fly at lunch you get a meal which is usually a chicken wrap, with salad, plus free drink like wine, soda etc and this is a 55 minute flight. Never had any delays or problems, can't recommend them enough. Rating 0 for inflight entertainment as they don't have any but no issue to me I use my iPad for everything anyway.

Porter Airlines customer review :  25 September 2013 by Patricia Macdonald    (USA)

Had a flight scheduled with Porter Airlines on Friday, September 13th at 9.20 am from Boston to Toronto, with connecting flight to Halifax Nova Scotia. The flight out of Boston was delayed for over an hour because the flight crew had not had enough time off between flights. This delay caused me to miss my connecting flight in Toronto to Halifax, and they could not get me on another flight to Halifax for 2 1/2 hours later. So instead of arriving at 4.15 pm in Halifax, I arrived at 6.45 pm and missed out on my 50th college reunion dinner. This was my first time flying Porter, and now my last time.

Porter Airlines customer review :  18 September 2013 by D Stebeleski    (Uganda)

My first flight with Porter and I was satisfied. My only gripe was the check in, agent was rude and made me shuffle 2kg to my hand luggage, one of my major annoyances when flying, really what was the difference if I am just going to put it in my hand luggage? It gives a negative first impression. Security check very fast, lounge in Newark a nice added value perk with free Wifi, legroom fine, cabin clean, attendants were great, nice snack with wine in real glass! Landing on time, immigration in city airport excellent. Overall the price was cheap and I am happy and would fly again.

Porter Airlines customer review :  14 September 2013 by C Horn    (USA)

IAD-YTZ-IAD, 9/11-12, 2013. Why this airline gets the ratings it does is a mystery to me. Completely ordinary aircraft cabins and seats, not terribly competitive pricing, a thoroughly subpar waiting/services area in its hub airport (I've seen better at US Air and United), and nothing whatsoever to distinguish itself from the crowd in any other respect, other than the fact that its staff seems nicer than that of most of its counterpart US airlines. Bottom line - I would neither recommend nor not recommend this airline.

Porter Airlines customer review :  14 September 2013 by Sharon Goldberg    (USA)

Attempting to fly out of Newark to Toronto, we were told that we were held due to fog at Billy Bishop airport in Toronto. Odd thing was, that was exactly what the people at Billy Bishop airport were being told were the ground stop conditions prevailing at Newark. So clearly, neither condition was true. Delayed 5.5 hours in the airport with promises that the ground stop could be lifted soon and that we might be able to board shortly. We ultimately did, and then spent 3 hours 40 minutes trapped on the plane on the runway. Told that the flight was cancelled. When we finally deplaned, we were greeted by a line of approximately 200 passengers who had also had their flights cancelled, with all of 2 customer service representatives handling the situation, with a public address system that had stopped working, relying instead on word of mouth trickling down through the line. There was no effort to either consolidate the lines or open another line to handle the 100+ passengers who had just deplaned, leaving it to people in the competing lines to fight it out between themselves. I had to intervene to prevent a screaming match from turning to blows. There were people on my flight who had been trying to get a flight out of Newark via Porter for two solid days and failed. Customer service was AWOL, and information not given in a timely manner which would have allowed passengers to reschedule their plans hours earlier. Never again.

Porter Airlines customer review :  13 September 2013 by J Moore    (USA)

Toronto Island airport to Newark NJ. The flight was delayed for more than an hour, but the announcements made were sketchy and no firm answer. Also the restroom was dirty and the lounge was messy and fridges were empty, coffee machine (one don't work and the other has no beans and no milk). When someone ask to have it look after the csr at the desk just ignored him. I took Porter because of conveniences but I heard from others that their service level and reliability has been slipping since the early years of the airlines. Now I heard they want to expand it will even make things worse.

Porter Airlines customer review :  21 August 2013 by Chander Ahluwalia    (USA)

Newark to Toronto r/t - Porter Airlines should rename its cabin to Comfort Class as economy does not describe the experience. For a North American carrier to provide a meal for an hour flight is noteworthy but for it to be free, is nostalgic. I am a vegetarian, and on returning the chicken wrap to the cabin crew, they gave me an extra salad and came round with a couple of mini chocolate bars, and extra nuts - most thoughtful and then apologized with a smile. On time, convenient and Canadian hospitality - plus complimentary access to a lounge with hot/cold beverages, delicious short bread cookies and WIFI. Billy Bishop City airport can put you in the heart of Toronto's financial district in under 30 mins from landing. No fuss in terms of gate checking luggage and we felt like the airline and its representatives cared.

Porter Airlines customer review :  20 August 2013 by S Kilpatrick    (Canada)

Flew from Toronto to Sudbury on August 3,2013. The flight left on time. I found the staff very courteous and helpful. They served a meal and drinks. Everything was very acceptable. I love Porter and would fly again with this airline.

Porter Airlines customer review :  18 July 2013 by N Rosen    (Canada)

Toronto - Boston return, June 28 — July 1, 2013. PD 941 — PD 946. A lot of folks are impressed with the time savings of flying an airline from the Island. Here's my experience when arriving from the US. We arrived a half hour late due to weather — not Porter's fault. However, Billy Bishop Airport should have been named Mickey Mouse airport. When the plane arrived at the gate, people anxiously got up to leave. After a few minutes, the plane's door opened and people started getting off. Then those people were sent back into the plane. It turns out that a domestic flight was loading and it's against rules for international arriving passengers and domestic passengers to mingle in the same zone. Why there is only one zone, I don't know. People on our plane had to wait until the other plane was loaded. Then, at Canadian Customs and Immigration, there are two officers for passengers and one other who looks after airline staff first before helping with regular folks. Since another US flight had got in just ahead of us, it took about 40 minutes to get through. However, I was surprised to see people who had been much closer to the front of the Customs line still on the Island, waiting in another line for the ferry to take us back to the mainland. I find that Porter uses its seat sale promotions as a classic bait and switch. I was enticed by the low fares advertised but could not find those fares on any flight that was convenient. In the meantime, I'll pay the extra limo fare to go to Pearson and fly Air Canada, which everyone loves to hate, but which over many decades has proved to be extraordinarily reliable.

Porter Airlines customer review :  2 July 2013 by P Moulinos    (Canada)

I recently flew from Montreal to Halifax. Nice cabin interior with leather seats and pleasant service. Will fly with them again.

Porter Airlines customer review :  6 June 2013 by Jeff Korda    (Canada)

Two hours before my flight was to leave Chicago I checked with Porter and was pleased to see everything was "on time". Upon arriving I was told that their Service Provider was down and the flight would be delayed a half hour to an hour. 3 hours later we boarded. As a result I arrived late and missed an important event. Porter did apologize and further claimed it was not their fault. As if that is supposed to erase the draining experience of sitting in an airport terminal for 3 hours longer than necessary. I don't know about you but if Porter really wants to instil customer confidence and loyalty they've got to do better than a superficial sounding apology.

Porter Airlines customer review :  30 May 2013 by Robert Hedley    (Canada)

Newark to Toronto last week, (PD132 on 23 May 2013). Boarded on time and let us sit on the plane for 3 hours, knowing full well the plane could not take off due to weather. Then, as per FAA regulations, they de-boarded us and made us sit in the refrigerator they call Newark Airport for another 8 hours. Given 3 choices: 1. Cancel your reservation and forfeit any refund you may get. The money would be given as a "credit" to use on another Porter flight. 2. Take your luggage and leave. You could then call Porter and see if the flight was rescheduled. Of course, if you miss the flight you don't get a refund or credit. 3. Wait for endless hours and hope the flight takes off at some point. Of course, if the flight is cancelled, you would likely be stuck in Jersey for a couple days until it could be rescheduled (due to Memorial Day). Continually lied to by Porter CSRs, and were only told the truth by the flight crew. No more slots to fit the flight in until Saturday, and they hoped to fly it out after the airport officially closed and land at Pearson instead of Billy Bishop. This is ultimately what happened. Of course, it was almost 1 am when we cleared customs. I can understand that the weather was not their fault, but that does not excuse the lack of information being given to passengers.

Porter Airlines customer review :  30 May 2013 by Gaida Rinmanis    (Canada)

First time flying Porter Airlines. Check-in and boarding went smoothly and on time. On our return, our flight was delayed 3.5 hours. Nothing was mentioned about a delay while checking in. About 10 minutes before boarding, a Porter representative arrived to explain that the plane leaving Toronto experienced mechanical problems and returned back. The next flight after ours apparently was cancelled as a result. Reading the reviews, it is clear that Porter Airlines is not very reliable. Hopefully it improves, before it thinks seriously about expanding. Not convinced at this time I will use this airline again.

Porter Airlines customer review :  17 May 2013 by Emma Hayes    (Canada)

Haven't even boarded the flight yet and not looking forward to it. Husband and I booked this flight for May long weekend last November. One ticket confirmation - two people with same last name. Guess what? We want to sit together - what a concept. Go online 2 minutes after the 24 hour advance online check-in option opens. Only one seat indicated to be available. Call customer service. Initially they have us sitting several rows apart but finally get 2 aisle seats same row. Refuse to allow us window and aisle seat same row without payment for seat selection. We never pay for seat selection on any airline - and we fly worldwide - not starting now. Told the flight is full. Go online and pretend to book five tickets, same flight, pay for seat selection - get desired seating. Do this while on phone with customer service and they still refuse to change our seats. This is a simple request, and a common one. Accommodate your customers. Better yet, make your online ticketing and check in system work so it recognizes that people who book together, should be seated together. This is not rocket science. If they can't get this basic concept, they don't get the airline biz. Never flying Porter again.

Porter Airlines customer review :  9 May 2013 by T Belbin    (Canada)

I haven't flown yet on Porter but their booking and scheduling deserves a negative review. I booked in January for a trip in May and they cancelled a flight, rebooked me for 2 hours later and now today I check my booking (no email was sent to me) and they have cancelled my flight again and have me travelling a full 5.5 hours earlier than I booked! I am a very frequent traveller and thought that over the years I have encountered every type of delay and issue, but this one just floors me. We are travelling for a sporting event that Porter has associated with and offered a promo code and now they have us leaving before the event is even over! I am nervous now that my flight won't even be scheduled correctly for the departure. I can understand weather, mechanical delays etc but scheduling this wacky is poor customer service. I am now faced with an extra night in a hotel and a complete upset in my schedule. When I speak to the customer service they are not apologetic. I can't see flying with Porter in the future due to lack of reliability in scheduling. They just lost a customer before I stepped onto the plane.

Porter Airlines customer review :  20 February 2013 by Holly Kramer    (Canada)

Porter cancelled my 50 minute flight from Windsor to Toronto on 10 minutes notice and left me languishing in an airport that does not even have a restaurant with nothing to do for over 6 hours. Even when we finally did board, all we were offered to eat were chips and cookies. Refunds were not an option. Porter treats loyal customers with disrespect, although I've flown Porter many times in the past I will never fly them again.

Porter Airlines customer review :  7 February 2013 by C J Howard    (Canada)

Flight to / from YQB, winterfest. Right from the drop off at the terminal to my return to the very same spot I have to say the Porter experience was flawless. Yes a bit of a delay due to weather, that can be expected. Great lounge in Toronto with drinks and snacks. Great flight, will try and use Porter again.

Porter Airlines customer review :  31 January 2013 by J Timmons    (Canada)

My husband's flight was cancelled tonight because of bad weather as well as the other remaining flight this evening. Porter did not offer him any compensation for a hotel room or meals because the agent said it was an act of God. So he is given $0 and told they cannot rebook on a flight back to MTL before 4pm. We wouldn't fly them again, you get what you pay for.

Porter Airlines customer review :  25 January 2013 by Susan King    (Canada)

I have found that the airline has drastically gone downhill. Customer service used to be friendly and helpful and it is now surly and impatient. The flights I take on a frequent basis are very often cancelled or moved with no notice, yet if you ask for any assistance there is absolutely no attempt to be helpful. All in all an airline that used to be good and has lost a business flying customer.

1 2 3