JetStar Pacific Passenger Reviews and JetStar Pacific Customer Trip Reports

Jetstar Pacific Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by Dot Met (Vietnam)

I would definitely avoid Jetstar. At the last minute, the flight which was supposed to leave at 14.30 for Da Nang was rescheduled to leave at 19.05. Once the announcement had been made, we were given a voucher for food and drink at one of the snack bars in the departure lounge. We took the voucher to the snack bar - only to be told that it did not include coffee. We returned to the Jetstar check in desk - only to find there was nobody from Jetstar around. We kept checking and there were no Jetstar representatives in the departure lounge from the time of the announced delay to the time of the eventual boarding time of 19.50. To make matters worse, the return flight was also delayed. It was due to leave at 16.15, then an announcement was made informing us that the new departure time was 16.30. 16.30 came and went. No departure and again nobody from Jetstar around. We eventually took off around 17.00. I know this is much better than the previously mentioned delay, but it's still a delay with no representatives of the company and no information. I realise that Jetstar is a budget airline, but this is completely unacceptable and we will not be travelling with Jetstar again.

Jetstar Pacific Airlines Customer review :  24 March 2014 by K Toth (Australia)

Tried Jetstar Pacific for the first time on a return flight between Ho Chi Minh and Nha Trang, half hour late leaving Ho Chi Minh and 2 hours late returning from Nha Trang. An email was sent 1hr before check-in which I couldn't check as we had already checked out of our hotel (no wifi), so didn't find out until we reached the check-in counter. Not a very organised airline at all. But then you do get what you pay for, mind you we did pay extra to choose our seats! I'll definitely be paying more if need be, to avoid using this airline in the future.

Jetstar Pacific Airlines Customer review :  30 January 2014 by M Zerbe (Thailand)

I traveled on BL795 from Hanoi to HCMC in November 2013. The bus used to transfer us to the plane was rusty. The plane itself extremely dirty with black fingerprints at the overhead compartments. The ground crew were everything but not friendly. Having the cleanliness of the plane in mind I refrained from trying the food. A good decision. Same stir sticks that couldn't resist the force of gravity, have just been picked up from the cabin carpet and put back on the trolley to the clean sticks. Generally spoken I never had such a bad experience with any other airline until now. First flight with that airline and they made it directly on my personal blacklist.

Jetstar Pacific Airlines Customer review :  2 December 2013 by Jakob Sandager (Denmark)

Made the mistake of booking a flight with Jetstar Pacific. Never again. Schedule was changed, but no information sent. Only after I asked about the schedule change, did BL inform me. They claim they advise the customers in a timely manner. I think they should have that little respect, and advise of changes to the schedule ASAP. And who are they to decide what a timely manner is? I booked bulk head seats, row 1, and paid the fee for this. At check in, we couldn't get these seats, as two travelers were too old. This was not and is as of today not in the T&C's. So Jetstar took our money, but denied to deliver the service paid for. The aircraft was dirty and clearly not cleaned after the previous flight. Pretty disgusting appearance in fact. Seating was extremely tight. Wouldn't have been if we had gotten the seats we had paid for! The cabin crew seemed indifferent, but to be fair, I think they were really busy. Next time I will avoid Jetstar pacific by all means. I'd rather pay a tiny bit extra and fly VN. It just happened to be that Jetstars original schedule suited us better. Next time, I will wait and fly a real airline!

Jetstar Pacific Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2013 by P Wall (Australia)

Arrived at Ho Chi Minh Airport to be told that my flight to Hoi An was delayed from 1.10pm to 6.20pm. The reason given was 'technical'. Offered no food or drink vouchers for the delay although I later found out that somebody else had. Eventually boarded at 5.50pm and were in the buses ready to go the plane, then asked to get off as there was a problem. We all had to file back into the airport where we waited for another 30 minutes before boarding again. On the plus side, must say one staff member on the aircraft was kind and gave me a bottle of his own water. I should add that if there is a technical problem with a plane then I am happy to wait until it is fixed, but I wonder if the original problem with this plane was technical (somebody else had been told it was 'operational') and if it was, why didn't they spot the problem with the wheel earlier when carrying out technical checks? Relieved that my return trip to Ho Chi Min does not connect with an international flight. I fly out of Vietnam two days later thankfully.

Jetstar Pacific Airlines Customer review :  25 July 2013 by Thanh Dinh (USA)

Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City in July 13, 2013. Problem started with check-in. Upon check-in, there was only one staff member at the counter and there was a long line of at least 50-60 people. It took more than 40 minutes to check in one bag that was already pre-paid. After I checked in and had my bag tagged, I was called back. The counter crew member told me I needed to pay extra because I appeared to have too many bags. The boarding process was horrible. No order at all. People with babies and infants did not get to board first. Not an efficient boarding process at all. Flight scheduled to depart at 3.05 pm, still on the shuttle at 3.07 pm. Finally, took off at 3.31 pm. I choose a "premium" type of seating to find out that I was randomly assigned a seat. Why do I have to pay extra to sit in a "premium" seat when JetStar doesn't honor that. The worst part - no smile from any crew. Overall, horrible experience.

Jetstar Pacific Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2013 by Jenny Smith (Australia)

Wish I'd read this before booking or I wouldn't have bothered. Our first flight from HCMC to Da Nang was delayed from 10.35 until after 4pm so that was the first day of our resort holiday lost. The night before our flight from Da Nang to Hanoi I received an email saying our flight had been put forward to a day later which meant missing another day and the cruise ship we were to board. We went to the airport anyway and got a Vietnam air flight immediately arriving half an hour earlier than the booked Jetstar.

Jetstar Pacific Airlines Customer review :  13 March 2013 by Lawrence Mccormick (UK)

People need to remember that this is a budget airline! I used them for 3 flights within Vietnam, one of which was severely delayed, one was actually brought forward by about 40 mins and the other went without a hitch, but I have no complaints - but that's the risk you run when flying budget, delays and cancellations are inevitable.

Jetstar Pacific Airlines Customer review :  5 February 2013 by Martin Witchard (Australia)

SYD-HNL. In a word, dreadful. Trip taken end of July 2012 following the 'collapse' of Air Australia. Thank goodness we were only going across to Hawaii. Aside from the price there is nothing I can recommend about this airline flying this sector. The seats were uncomfortable, the food was expensive and sub-standard and, the entertainment, well, perhaps the most entertaining thing was imagining getting off the plane in Honolulu. Finally, the service was shocking. I will never fly with Jetstar again.

Jetstar Pacific Airlines Customer review :  29 November 2012 by Adrian Montgomery (Australia)

Arrived in Vietnam with two Jetstar Pacific flights pre-booked. Flight 592 from Ho Chi Minh city to Danang on Nov 10th and a return Flight 593 on Nov 14th. Both were cancelled. I spent 15 minutes on Nov 10th, trying to get them to answer their phone. I went out to the Airport early, which meant I had an entire afternoon to watch the delays, postponements and lack of information. The substitute flight I was given left over an hour late so I didn't get to Danang until after dark. I heard that my 13.35 return flight to Ho Chi Minh city was also cancelled and that they had rebooked me on a much later flight which would make me miss my International Connection out of Vietnam, I had to waste more time trying to change this. Eventually, I was forced get up at 5 am to take an early morning flight instead, meaning I had to waste 7 hours in HCMC airport. I will never fly with them again.

Jetstar Pacific Airlines Customer review :  29 October 2012 by Andrew Tran (Canada)

SIN-SGN. Price was excellent. Check-in and boarding was easy. Flew on an A320. Flight attendants seemed in a bad mood. Seat was uncomfortable, little legroom, no IFE and not enough recline. Food was extremely cheap but it wasn't really filling - it was good though. Bad presentation of food, looked like it was a frozen dinner.

Jetstar Pacific Airlines Customer review :  8 October 2012 by Steven Huckstepp (Australia)

We found the JetStar Pacific service to be very unreliable. First flight, booked HCM City-Hanoi, 9:55am flight. Turned up at airport to be told flight delayed to 4:00pm, so wasted whole day sitting in low standard Ho Chi Minh domestic airport. Food vouchers provided but airport restaurant would only give limited and very poor quality food selection, so ended up paying for a meal. Aircraft had fixed upright seats, so very uncomfortable 2hr flight. Second flight was supposed to be Hanoi - HCM City departing 15:55pm. JetStar contacted me by SMS 3 days prior to be told flight was delayed to 10:25pm - good communication, but this was too late for connection flight to Australia. Rang JetStar Pacific and managed to book earlier flight at 13:55pm, so all looking okay. Turned up at airport 2 hrs prior (luckily) to find out that amended flight had been cancelled. Staff provided very limited support in trying to find another flight on another airline. No economy seats available to make international connection, so ended up buying 2 of the last 5 Business Class seats on another airline. JetStar Pacific airport service was very slow as they only provide one check-in counter, versus multiple counters for other operators in the same departure area. Not recommended.

JETSTAR PACIFIC customer review :  11 September 2012 by K Beeler   (New Zealand)

AKL-HCMC, cancelled the flight for no reason. Assured me that I would be on the next day's flight. The next day there was no record of me and I was told the flight was full. Spent 3 hours with many angry people trying to sort it out. On my return, they cancelled my Hanoi - HCMC flight so I lost a day and both ends of my trip. Customer service was awful.

JETSTAR PACIFIC customer review :  8 August 2012 by David Maton   (UK)

SGN-DAD-SGN. Check in on both legs quick and easy. Boarding a little chaotic but no more so than most cheap Asia flights. Extremely old and dirty Boeing 737-400. Both flights left and arrived pretty much to time and crew were polite and friendly. The general feel of aircraft was old, worn out and dirty, which does not give you a good feeling. Overall the flight was very good value for money, however I would not choose to fly with Jetstar again due to the state of the aircraft.

JETSTAR PACIFIC customer review :  13 April 2012 by Tom Besler   (Czech Republic)

HKG to SIN. They get the job done and that is about it. Aircraft was a well maintained A320, legroom was ok for the 3.5hrs trip. Cabin crew friendly.

JETSTAR PACIFIC customer review :  29 March 2012 by T Kimberley   (UK)

Check in was quick and easy, flights on time. The plane was a little scruffy and the boarding a bit chaotic but nothing that bad. Jetstar were much cheaper than other options and they did the job well. We would use them again.

JETSTAR PACIFIC customer review :  10 November 2011 by C Wood   (UK)

Hanoi-Da Nang. Turned up at Hanoi expecting to catch an early flight to Da Nang to find our flight wasn't even on the departures board. We were told the flight had been cancelled and moved to the following day with no alternatives offered. According to staff, Jetstar should have sent an earlier email notifying of the cancellation but this was not the case. Flight refunds allegedly take two weeks, however, I am still waiting nearly a month later. For the sake of few extra dollars, book with a more reliable company.

JETSTAR PACIFIC customer review :  27 October 2011 by P Schulz   (Australia)

Hanoi-Danang and Hue-HCMC. Both planes extremely old, not clean, duct tape holding armrests to seats. Chaotic check-in process, with pre-reserved seats not available. Space to a minimum, struggled with my knees touching the seat in front. Prices for inflight food and drinks acceptable. Heavily-accented English announcements were hardly understandable. The first flight was delayed by 30 mins, the second one was on time. Overall, nothing special but not too bad either. However on the second flight, both rows of emergency exits remained completely empty. When querying this they said the crew would open the emergency exits if necessary, a comment that did not reflect the answer I was hoping for. It seems that Jetstar prefers those seats to remain empty if no one is willing to pay extra for them.

JETSTAR PACIFIC customer review :  28 July 2011 by Dino Karakosta   (Germany)

We flew from Saigon to Da Nang (Vietnam). Unfriendly, dirty cabin and toilets, no seat space. We paid for seat reservation and did not get the seats.

JETSTAR PACIFIC customer review :  8 June 2011 by B Ault   (Vietnam)

My second, and last, flight on Jetstar Pacific - Danang to HCMC, return. High-mileage aircraft, dirty inside and out, holes in seats and carpeting, and a foul aroma in the cabin. On the return we were lining up to board and were told of a 5 hour delay. A voucher was offered but could only be redeemed on a future flight. At least the return aircraft was in much better condition. Good price, but unreliable and the condition of many of the aircraft is scary.

JETSTAR PACIFIC customer review :  8 April 2011 by E Boydell   (Vietnam)

Received a text saying that my 2000 flight from HAN-SGN would be delayed until 2310. This is common on Jetstar, my house mate had his flight to Hue delayed by one day. If there are not enough customers booked, the flight simply does not take off, and if you do not send them your mobile phone number you wouldn't know until you turned up at the airport. If you want reliable service, do not use Jetstar.

JETSTAR PACIFIC customer review :  10 March 2011 by J Tan   (Singapore)

SGN to HAN. Check in was a nightmare, chaotic and disorganised. One staff uttered something in Vietnamese and all hell broke loose, everyone just ran up to the counter. We did not know what was going on. It was an old A320, food prices were reasonable. Good thing flight was on time.

JETSTAR PACIFIC customer review :  31 January 2011 by Mary Cutmore   (Thailand)

Hanoi - Da Nang return cancelled and automatically rebooked . Advised previous evening by email which being on Holiday I had not read, so arrived at airport to find 10am flight changed to 5pm. Was offered refund which I accepted. Advised that return flight had been cancelled and we had been rebooked on flight 8 hrs earlier. Decided to seek refund on this flight too and was advised that this could only be done via call centre. Had to make 3 phone calls to call centre to confirm flight was cancelled and refund was organised (last by a Vietnamese travel agent ). Still waiting for both refunds 1 month later, have sent 2 emails to customer service email still no reply. Also noticed when we were leaving Danang on the later VN airlines flight that the JS flight we had been re booked on was 10 hrs late so we would have missed our connecting flight in Hanoi if we had accepted the subtsitute earlier flight. As we were given advanced notice I assume that flights were not cancelled due to exceptional circumstances rather that it was a commercial decision. Will not be travelling Jetstar again as they are unreliable.

JETSTAR PACIFIC customer review :  14 January 2011 by S Galloway   (Australia)

DaNang to HCMC. On arrival in Da Nang and checking in was not reassured by the staff's statement that the baggage handlers often steal from the bags. Good start. Flight was delayed for over an hour, with no explanation. No attempt made by staff to direct people to form an orderly queue. Onboard, cheap meals could be purchased. Plane wasn't overly clean which wasn't helped by passengers choosing to throw rubbish on the floor. The fare was cheap but I'd probably go with Vietnam Airlines next time. I agree with the comment about Da Nang - avoid spending time here. There was one shop to buy from, all the toilets were broken (ie one didn't flush, the other door didn't close, others didn't have seats) and it was in general a miserable place.

JETSTAR PACIFIC customer review :  23 June 2010 by J Hamm   (Thailand)

Danang-HCMC. Flight on time, B737-400 was clean. Bought a small meal for $2, quality acceptable. The only minor snag was that luggage too forever to arrive (40 min and SGN is a small airport), but that may not be under Jetstar's control. Not checking in luggage would have made the trip twice as quick. Better than 24hrs on a Vietnamese bus.

JETSTAR PACIFIC customer review :  3 March 2010 by L Mills   (New Zealand)

SGN-HAN RETURN. Was delayed in HCMC for 5 hours due to operational reasons - little or no communication in terms of when we were leaving. One good thing was a cheap bus to and from Hanoi Airport.

JETSTAR PACIFIC customer review :  30 January 2010 by B Smithson   (Australia)

HCMC - Da Nang then Da Nang - Ha Noi a week later. Passengers wandered around the cabin, changing seats as the plane taxied to the runway and walked in front of the engine on the tarmac as there was no roped off area under the wings, talking on their mobile phones. Safety demonstrations could not be heard in English due to the heavy accent and muffled PA. When the captain asked the cabin crew to 'prepare the cabin for landing' they simply dropped what they were doing and sat down. The second the plane landed, passengers were up and opening overhead lockers despite the plane still hurtling down the runway. The fares are very cheap and most flights are barely an hour so its a great choice for these short domestic hops. Warning - Da Nang airport is not the type of airport you would wish to be delayed in - it has the atmosphere of an immigration detention centre.

JETSTAR PACIFIC customer review :  19 January 2010 by B Vincent   (Australia)

Extra Legroom

SGN-DAD on B737-400. Flight delayed 2 hours (advised in advance), but the airport departure board didn't display revised details - the flight simply disappeared from the board after the original departure time, which was disconcerting. Aircraft in good condition, but seat pitch tight - 29 inches, old style bulky seats re-upholstered in grey leather, wouldn't be any fun on a longer flight. Hot food ran out after 6 rows, not very good considering this was now a lunchtime flight. We got from A to B in one piece, but there is room for improvement.

JETSTAR PACIFIC customer review : 9 January 2010 : by J Tan

Customer Rating : 2/5

2 Star Ranking

HCMC - Da Nang and return on ageing B737s. Pleasant Vietnamese crew. First flight was delayed 30 mins, return flight was cancelled and we were bumped onto another flight departing 4.5hours later. Got to the airport and realised that our new flight had been "rescheduled" to depart 5 hours later (which of course was eventually delayed for 20 min) so we were delayed 10 hours in total! There were quite a few people at the airport affected, and Jetstar didn't even offer us a meal/drink. At least Virgin Blue offers a meal voucher for a flight delay. To be fair they did offer us a refund if we didn't get on the flight. We'll fly with Vietnam Airlines in future - they've got more flights and they seem to depart mostly on time.

JETSTAR PACIFIC customer review : 15 October 2009 : by Richard Warren

1 Star Ranking

We booked return flights between Ho Chi Minh and Da Nang in Sep 2009 which were late in both directions. 4 hours one way, 1.5 hours the other. No announcement was even made until more than 2 hours past the scheduled time. On the return the check in supervisor promised the flight would definitely be on time! We missed our connection to Phnom Penh! Jetstar staff were utterly useless and unhelpful, surprising as Vietnam is such a great place to travel largely due to the friendly and helpful Vietnamese. Most flights seem to leave late in Vietnam, allow plenty of extra time.

JETSTAR PACIFIC customer review : 12 May 2009 : by George Mitchell

1 Star Ranking

We were supposed on a return flight from Hanoi to Cantho. The flight was first announced to be delayed for 1 hour due to technical reasons. An hour later, it was delayed again for the same reason. An hour later (now 2 hours past its departure time), they decided to let customers walk down the stairs to board the bus heading for the aircraft. The bus never went more than 100 m past the concourse and it turned around and parked. Meanwhile customers were made waiting on the bus for about 45 minutes with no official explanation from the airlines. Some customer became agitated at the delay, the lack of information, and just the overall unprofessional way of handling a seemingly routine matter by Jetstar Management. There was loud and angry exchanges between Jetstar and some customers and airport security personnel had to be called in to keep the peace. Finally they came up with an explanation that one of the landing lights was out and they can't land with a broken bulb. The replacement had to be flown in from abroad and that can take 1 day or 2. Jetstar had only 1 daily flight from Hanoi to Cantho so it's not possible to put us on the next flight. They did have flights to Sai Gon (about 160 km from Cantho though) but not until later in the evening. After much frustration, we decided to opt for the next available flight to Sai Gon and then take the coach bus to Cantho on our own. After elbowing other Vietnamese for about 45 minutes moving from counter to another with absolutely no sense of what's going on, we got on the 7:00 pm flight to Sai Gon. We were in luck, because around 6:00 pm, they announced that our flight would be delayed for 1 hour. Then it was delayed again, and again. Finally, when the A320 lifted off on Runway 26L at Noi Bai Airport, the clock showed 11:30 pm. Now we were supposed to leave at 1:00 pm so it was a 10-hour delay. We never heard a word of apology from the airlines, not an offer for something to drink or a meal. And we didn't even get to our original destination as stipulated on the confirmed ticket. We got home at 3:30 in the morning, angry, frustrated, and vowed never be on Jetstar Pacific again. We heard unconfirmed stories from other travellers that the airline cancelled the flight on purpose because there were not enough passengers on either flight (to Cantho and from Cantho back to HN). It is purely a business decision to save money. They thought it was still much cheaper to scrap the flight and make a few people angry than flying a half-empty plane both ways. We were so surprised that this airline with zero sense of customer service, responsibility to the traveling public, no care for its brand is still allowed to operate in Vietnam.

JETSTAR PACIFIC customer review : 13 January 2009 : by E Phillips

1 Star Ranking

Due to space between rows the leg space is very cramped. Onboard service is just okay. If you cancel your flight, you will be lucky to get your refund,as JetStar HCM City (so called Customer Relations) will make it very difficult for you to get your money back.

JETSTAR PACIFIC customer review : 13 January 2009 : by D Lawrence

Customer Rating : 2/5

2 Star Ranking

HCMC - Hanoi and Hanoi to Nha Trang. Good crew and pilots. All flights on time and arrived early. The main problem with this airline is the age if the planes. The 737-400's look old and tired, with missing paint over the fuselage. I hear they are replacing all of their aircraft over the course of 2009, if this were the case I would happily fly with them again.

JETSTAR PACIFIC customer review : 31 December 2008 : by A Attaran

Customer Rating : 3/5

3 Star Ranking

Saigon-Haiphong and Hanoi-Danang. In what I hope is a meaningful comparison, Jetstar Pacific is in the middle of the pack by international standards: check-in, staff friendliness, baggage handling, food and tidiness were far beneath the standard of Singapore Airways or Thai, but vastly better than United, Northwest, Delta or the other major American carriers. Both flights were about 30 minutes late, but these days, when a delay is an honest 30 minutes and does not ratchet upwards because of the airline's inability to communicate accurately I actually feel relieved. Legroom is very tight by Western standards, but that is understandable since the Vietnamese are elegantly small in stature. Considering that a typical flight on Jetstar Pacific will set you back only $50 or so, overall this is pretty good - three and a half stars.