JetStar Asia Customer Reviews and JetStar Asia Passenger Trip Reports

1 2

Jetstar Asia Customer review :  27 August 2014 by Heather Horseman    (Australia)

No problems at all with them flying SIN-SGN, SGN-HAN and return. Staff were lovely, smiling and helpful. Notified by email of any flight changes along the way.

Jetstar Asia Customer review :  24 May 2014 by R Fitra    (Singapore)

JQ117 SIN-DPS, 8 May. Even though I had done web check-in online and queued at the Web Check-in counter at Changi airport, I was directed to other queue line after waiting for 10 minutes. They could have told me earlier. The flight was slightly delayed but arrived on time in Bali. The FA was polite, nothing to complaint about. I didn't order the food. The ticket price was the lowest among the same type of carriers at around the same departure time.

Jetstar Asia Customer review :  17 March 2014 by L Walsh    (Australia)

Flew from Perth - Singapore - Saigon and return. Noisiest plane ever encountered on first flight. Seat pitch inadequate for flight of 5.5 hours. Real problem service on return flight. Was supposed to have assistance for elderly mother. Got rude, unpleasant woman who simply walked off. Could not believe how rude she was. Will never use Jetstar again!

Jetstar Asia Customer review :  28 February 2014 by D Lee    (Singapore)

3K 677, SIN-PEN, 25 Feb, and 3K 678, PEN-SIN, 27 Feb. Flight departing Singapore was barely 1/3 full - a couple of passengers moved away from their assigned seat and had a whole row to themselves. Crew looked extremely tired - could see cup lid lying on the floor and various pieces of litter. Seat was pretty ok - good for a 1 hour flight but probably not recommended for anything more than 3 hours and above. Flight arrived in Penang 20 minutes early, doors were quickly opened but it was evident the cabin crew were halfway to dreamland as no one was at the exit to wish passengers a pleasant journey. Flight back to Singapore on 27 Feb was slightly better, though curiously gate agents at Penang Airport preferred to shout out instructions to passengers instead of using a PA system. Flight was 2/3 full and departed on time from Penang. Same seats and usual food and duty free sales service as inbound flight to Penang. Arrival at Changi at 11.40am and swift disembarkation from aircraft - this time a crew member was at the exit to say a simple "bye". Overall the fare I paid was value for money especially at the last minute, but it is clear to me that Jetstar Asia needs to severely improve for its customers especially when Qantas is going to rely more on them in future for intra-Asia connections and the sole direct from Singapore to Western Australia - clearly something needs to be done in the area of service quality.

Jetstar Asia Customer review :  20 February 2014 by Chin Yee Meng    (Malaysia)

3K686, 9V-JSI, KUL (gate C31)-SIN (gate D38) on 14/2/14. It was a full flight and was allocated to seat 28A. 5 FA (4 of them were male) serving for this 38 minutes (1432-1510) short flight. We landed in SIN 35 minutes early. All smooth and FA's were very friendly, but the legroom was exhausting.

Jetstar Asia Customer review :  10 January 2014 by N Kraut    (South Africa)

Flew from Phuket to Singapore. Long slow moving queue at check in. Exorbitant baggage tariffs. Extremely rude manager at check in counter who needs a few lessons in customer service but this seems common in Phuket these days. Have never flown Jetstar before and flew this time as the flight time suited me. After this experience I will avoid Jetstar in future wherever possible!

Jetstar Asia Customer review :  6 January 2014 by Dimitri Vassilakis    (France)

TPE-KIX , easy check-in, friendly staff, on time flight. I was especially glad to discover that they were quite flexible regarding carry-on luggage (mine was slightly larger than the accepted standard, but I saw a family carrying at least 3 times each on board) probably due to a less than full flight, but still a good surprise for a low-cost airline.

Jetstar Asia Customer review :  5 December 2013 by Lee Cheng Jun    (Singapore)

Flew Jetstar Asia on a short return flight from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur. First of all, the booking for the flight has a lot of fees even though my fare was a $0 fare. The most unbearable part of the booking is that we have to pay a $17 Per person credit card processing fee. I was assigned to seat 10K when I was doing online check- in. I booked this Jetstar flight as it was the only airline operating from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur while landing at the KLIA Main Terminal. Not many complains for this short flight but the cafe menu was quite a rip off but it's a budget airline. Overall quite a good trip on Jetstar and I would rather travel on this budget airline on my future trips if I have to.

Jetstar Asia Customer review :  10 November 2013 by Richard Nguyen    (Australia)

Gone are the days of good service. They say a smile does cost anything but not once did I see the cabin crew smile. Quite the opposite, the were right down rude. Asked to borrow pen, got a dirty look, then the hostess said she'll get it later but of course never did. Treated other passengers pretty bad as well. The food was awful.

Jetstar Asia Customer review :  7 October 2013 by Anne Stovin    (Australia)

We recently travelled to Vietnam using Scoot Airlines, Tiger Airways and Jet Star and Jet Star were by far the worse airline we have travelled with. Both of our afternoon flights were cancelled leaving us with 3 children and 5 hour delays at the airports. If you have children never book with Jet Star, its bad enough being delayed as an adult but try it with 3 young boys especially when it happens twice in a week. Never again.

Jetstar Asia Customer review :  16 September 2013 by F Smith    (Netherlands)

KIX-SIN via TPE. The check in was rather smooth, but the flight itself was not very good. staff was rather rude when asked any question, and the food and drinks were quite expensive. Furthermore, the layover at Taipei was rather chaotic. I would say there are definitely better options in the same price range, and therefore I would not recommend flying with Jetstar.

Jetstar Asia Customer review :  3 September 2013 by Casper Yap    (USA)

KUL-SIN. Reasonable flight. Pay S$4 for drinks. Flights from T1 Changi and KLIA, good for transfers to other airlines.

Jetstar Asia Customer review :  2 September 2013 by Lars Karlsson    (Belgium)

Flew Jetstar Asia from HKG to SIN, for a low cost airline company, very good service, nice clean plane and a very friendly staff.

Jetstar Asia Customer review :  29 July 2013 by G Tucker    (Australia)

SIN-BKK-SIN. Paid extra for FF points and meal. The meals going up were of acceptable quality but coming back they were diabolical. The seats themselves are fairly comfy but because the rows are so incredibly close it meant I was not able to put my knees in front of me and had to sit splayed legged. This resulted in a sore back and aching hips. Luckily a fairly short flight. Not sure what it is about Jestar crew, they're efficient but never particularly friendly. Often they look quite depressed. If only they'd smile and be a bit more welcoming. We also struggled to understand the heavy Singaporean English accent of the Cabin Manager when she made announcements.

Jetstar Asia Customer review :  29 April 2013 by S Grigoriev    (Australia)

SIN-HKT. Check in done online, baggage drop nice and quick. Aircraft A320 in good condition, leather seats ok, not much leg room but for flights around 2-3 hours should not be a problem. Buy on board service was efficient and reasonably priced. If the price was right would not hesitate to fly with them again.

Jetstar Asia Customer review :  16 January 2013 by Bevan Sim    (Australia)

BL593 from Da Nang to Saigon was cancelled with no warning or explanation. Put on a (5 hrs) later flight. Staff quite rude. Gave us a meal voucher which was refused at all food outlets in the airport except one grubby cafe who supplied a 'special menu' for voucher holders! Legroom felt like the smallest I have experienced to date - very uncomfortable. Due to poor reputation, Jetstar is not my airline of choice, but chose purely on convenience of flight time, which does not appear to be 'regular', and wonder whether it was listed and when not fully subscribed simply bundled into the later, regular flight?

Jetstar Asia Customer review :  16 January 2013 by Bevan Sim    (Australia)

We were near rear of the queue at the check in for Flight 3K556 from Saigon to Singapore before the counter opened 2 hrs before the flight. Service was painfully slow and we got checked within 1 minute of the 40min cut off time. Immigration and security delays got us to gate with only 1 minute to spare. If anyone missed the gate cut off it would have been down to Jetstar's own slow service, but to be fair do not know whether any of the many behind us were knocked back or not. Seat pitch is way too small for any flights of 1 hour or more, in fact quite painful. I noticed most passengers accepted this shortcoming and did not recline their seat - except the one in front of me!

Jetstar Asia Customer review :  7 January 2013 by L Tan    (Singapore)

Flew Hanoi-SIN on A320. Leather seats were ok but leg space is really tight. Seat recline - as good as no recline. Though this is a budget carrier, more could be done with the seats. Seats pale in comparison with other budget carries I have flown. Cabin crew attentive and service was prompt. Plane was overall in a good condition. Air con was regulated such that we didn't have to purchase the blankets. One should consider full service carriers for any flight more than 4 hours especially if you are tall.

Jetstar Asia Customer review :  30 December 2012 by H Ho    (Singapore)

Flew TPE-SIN, aircraft was an A320 that was recently delivered in October this year. Seats are comfortable although leg room is very small. Recline was also barely noticeable. Service by the staff are also excellent and toilets were kept very clean throughout the entire flight. Would recommend for short-medium haul flights but might reconsider for flights longer than 5 hours.

Jetstar Asia Customer review :  25 December 2012 by J Quinto    (Spain)

PNH to SIN. The aircraft was clean. Flight was on time. Very little leg room. OK for this flight (< 2hours). Would not recommend for longer flights (or pay for the exit row seats).

Jetstar Asia Customer review :  27 November 2012 by Daniel Doyle    (Australia)

Flight from Phnom Penh to Singapore, on time on spotlessly clean aircraft with friendly and efficient staff.

Jetstar Asia Customer review :  14 November 2012 by Lim Cheng Ho    (Singapore)

We had a nearly 3-hour delay on 10 Nov on our SIN-DPS flight (VF241). We were told that the computerised check-in system was down. At the start of the delay, there were confusion on what to do and the communication to the passengers affected was poorly managed. At times there were discrepancy between the instruction by Jetstar Asia and Changi Airport's staffs. We were originally in the "web-check in" queue since we had checked in online but was redirected to a long queue specifically for our flight afterwards. Apparently the web check in queue was functioning soon after we left out queue to join a super long queue. To make things worse, at the boarding gate, we were told that our seats (which we paid for) has been taken by others! My wife and I have to either sit separately, staff did not even bother to ask the passengers whether they were open to a switch? In short, the delay was badly managed.

Jetstar Asia Customer review :  12 October 2012 by D Dunne    (UK)

SIN-SGN rtn. My cabin bag was overweight by 3 kgs so I paid the excess SGD60 and then they insisted I check the bag in at the gate. Left the bag with staff at gate who assured me it would be loaded. It wasn't. Agent in SGN was less than helpful and asked me three times if I was sure my bag hadn't been taken off the carousel and left beside it. 24 hrs and three phone calls later, I was informed the bag had arrived and I needed to travel to the airport to collect it, as they would not deliver it to the hotel despite it being their fault. All up SGD 60 for the honour of them losing my bag and then taxi fares of USD30 to get to and from the airport to collect the bag. Didn't mind being charged the excess, but the loss of the bag and the refusal to deliver was just too ridiculous. Flight was good, but the baggage issues ruined my trip.

Jetstar Asia customer review :  24 September 2012 by B Rancheng   (Singapore)

Flew from SIN-BKK-SIN. The flight to BKK was fun and seat was still acceptable as it was just a 2 hours flight, but the return flight to SIN was torture! The leather seat was so hard and uncomfortable and the air conditioning was not in good condition.

Jetstar Asia customer review :  19 September 2012 by Zita Kovacs   (Germany)

CGK-SIN-CGK. One flight with lots of overweight both on check-in and hand luggage (on hand luggage 7 Kg more than allowed, my flying partner 11Kg more than allowed!) but no problems with the check-in crew. The staff were nice. I can't understand why the airlines doesn't announce when did you crossed the Equator. Otherwise everything great. I will fly JetStar again.

Jetstar Asia customer review :  19 September 2012 by Zita Kovacs   (Germany)

Ho Chi Minh City - Singapore. Everything as expected or even a bit better. Never had a delay with JetStar. No issues, comfortable seats.

Jetstar Asia customer review :  7 September 2012 by K Cheung   (Hong Kong)

Hong Kong - Singapore - Perth. We flew from HKG to Singapore originally at 11.05am and should have taken the second flight to Perth at 5.50pm. Jetstar delayed the flight for 7 hours due to 'adverse weather and operational reason'. Flights of other airlines had the planes boarded to Singapore with at most 1 hour delay. We finally could not catch up the second plane and were forced to stay one night in Singapore with no accommodation provided. Staff were not helpful and made us confused. We arrived Perth with a 24-hour delay with no luggage. We called the so-called 'hotlines' and the people there said they are not the customer service department staff and we could only complain by email. Finally we were back to Hong Kong and sent an email to Jetstar.

Jetstar Asia customer review :  4 September 2012 by T Koh   (Singapore)

Singapore - Medan - Singapore. Online check-in option made checking in easier. However ground staff insisted that my hand carry be weighed. Exceeded boarding allowance by 4kg. They were every insistent that I pay for every single kilogram exceeded (they even threatened that Jetstar will re-weigh your luggage inside). I was shocked by this as this was the first time I encountered this. Staff took back my boarding pass and refused to let me enter unless I paid SGD80. I was able to negotiate with a more senior ground crew, who eventually halved my fees. Although this is a budget carrier, their policies come across as desperate, rigid and unlike Asian carriers. This experience left a bitter taste in my mouth as it seems they are using every opportunity to make money from you. For future customers, I would advice choosing an alternative carrier. I hope this serves as a warning to future customers.

Jetstar Asia customer review :  7 August 2012 by Tia Traynor   (UK)

Singapore-Jakarta-Singapore. Smooth check in, flight was on time, seats were okay. It was a short flight so it wasn't too bad. I thought it was a bit too hectic when they were selling food. Did not have a bad experience like I normally had when travelling with other budget airlines.

Jetstar Asia customer review :  27 June 2012 by T Gilmore   (Singapore)

KIX-SIN-KIX, then KIX-SIN, both via TPE. Jetstar was cheaper by at least 20% than all other airlines on this leg excluding the other budget carrier, but the timings (midday departure from Japan, red-eye return) were better for me. Check in lines were long, but the internet check in line was empty. In Japan, when I mentioned that I tried to check in online but was unable to, they put me into the internet check in line without delay, which impressed me. Boarding was prompt, and service very nice onboard; the FA proactively suggested I move to a roomier seat when the plane was emptier. Onboard food and drink are very expensive, but we could bring on what we needed and with the stop in Taipei you're able to have an affordable lunch. Would definitely fly again as long as the price stays low.

Jetstar Asia customer review :  19 June 2012 by M Traynor   (UK)

Jakarta-Singapore-Jakarta. Slightly delayed but it wasn't a big problem, cabin crews were pretty friendly and welcoming when we boarded the aircraft but seemed to be ignorant when we were about to get off the aircraft. One passenger's mobile phone went off when the plane was about to take off and cabin crew made an announcement to remind passengers to switch their mobile phones off at all times straight away. Overall, it was good, especially for a budget airline, you were also allocated to a seat once you've checked in unlike budget airlines in Europe where you have to run for it.

Jetstar Asia customer review :  2 April 2012 by Doug Rorison   (Australia)

KUL-Singapore in seat 6A. Ok for the short flight although leg room quite limited. Cabin was clean and bright. Late arrival from its previous journey caused a delay to this flight but fortunately my onward connection to Perth was not affected. The short hops are satisfactory but I still miss that extra leg room on longer international flights as well as not having to purchase everything including water which I had to on this one.

Jetstar Asia customer review :  26 March 2012 by A McNicol   (Australia)

BKK-SIN on a full A320. Check-in about 20 minutes, not bad for Jetstar, most importantly on time despite a full plane. All this for much less than the full service carriers. No frills but you get where you are going efficiently and this is all I want.

Jetstar Asia customer review :  1 January 2012 by N Lim   (Singapore)

SIN-KUL return. Flights were pleasant and cabin crew service satisfactory. Cabin on the flight back was newer. Wished they created more leg room on the A320 as the seat in front touches the knees of many passengers which made it uncomfortable. Liked the fact that although fares are mostly lower than their rival low cost carriers, they depart and arrive at the main international terminals in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur and not their budget terminals. Will recommend Jetstar for their price and condition of their fleet and will continue to fly with them as long as their prices are kept low.

Jetstar Asia customer review :  4 November 2011 by N Khemakavat   (Thailand)

BKK-SIN return. Check-in at BKK easy with no queue, A320, 75% full. Very tight seat pitch. Seat has no recline. Long 30 mins check-in queue at Changi Terminal 1 at 5.30 am. Plane new and clean. You have to pay for everything, so you get what you pay for.

1 2

Jetstar Asia Passenger Reviews Jetstar Asia Opinions about Jetstar Asia product service standards