Jetstar Airways  Passenger Reviews and Jetstar Airways Customer Trip Reports

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  12 October 2012 by David Armstrong    (Australia)

My partner and I fly with Jetstar regularly, choosing them over Qantas because economy seats are more comfortable and the crew generally more friendly, attentive and genuine. We are Qantas Club members (corporate) and only have one real complaint about Jetstar. We are able to access the Qantas Club lounge but cannot use the Qantas Club check in facilities. The queues at Melbourne and Sydney terminal 2 are notoriously long, and while we all stand there waiting with people stressing and Jetstar staff running up and down the line calling passengers to counters for 'called flights', the adjacent Qantas check in counters (especially the dedicated Qantas Club ones) are empty with staff having lovely personal chats. Why doesn't Qantas Group either use these under utilised counters and check Qantas Club members in, or create a dedicated Jetstar queue for these premium passengers instead of constantly annoying us by making us wait for ages. Surely it wouldn't cost too much to implement and would be a fantastic customer service to an already pretty good airline. Just because it's a 'low cost' doesn't mean premium passengers should be treated in a low cost fashion. Also, I thought 'leisure airline' was the preferred term for Jetstar - perception is very powerful. Tiger is 'low cost'.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  28 September 2012 by S Hoover    (Australia)

Flew them from MEL-AKL, flight to AKL was delayed 1 hour because of a baggage discrepancy. Other then that, the plane was nice and new, staff were friendly. The return flight was on time and arrived a tad early. Was very smooth. On the way there, my friend had 6 kg too much carry on baggage, but the friendly staff let him off at 5.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  25 September 2012 by P Alberts    (Australia)

Flew Gold Coast-Osaka and Tokyo (Narita)-Gold Coast. Excellent value $600 RT each, including seat assignments, meals, iPad rental, baggage and QF miles. Seats 54AB OOL-KIX, 53AB NRT-OOL. First trip on JQ, economy seat pitch is excellent on the A330! More comfortable than a lot of full service carriers. Cabin Crew attentive but not overly intrusive. Chatty FA on OOL-KIX gave us lots of tips for our first trip to Osaka/Kyoto. iPad rental a bit disappointing as content not very extensive. Meals very basic but were included in a prepaid bundle. The 2-4-2 configuration on the A330 is good for couples travelling. Paid $10 for entry to the Gold Coast lounge, very basic (soon to be taken over by QF). Used QF lounge in NRT as a QF Gold cardholder, good but very busy. Overall, a fantastic trip especially bearing in mind QF or JL SYD-NRT were over $1200 per person. Would definitely fly Jetstar long haul again, as long as there is a substantial savings, and the flight is on the A330.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  24 September 2012 by N Davros    (Australia)

Just today my family took an A321 flight from Melbourne to Hobart. My family moved to our seats and when we sat down we could see food scraps on our seats and on the floor. The plane left at 4pm one hour late and looking like a pigsty. The Captain apologised for the delay and promised free refreshments, we then were offered a cup of water.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  21 September 2012 by Malcolm Campbell    (Australia)

MEL to HBT on A320, 20 Sep. Queued 45 mins for ticketing, very slow only 4 staff on duty at Melbourne check-in. Booked with Qantas FF points and could not pick your seats so my wife and I didn't get to sit together, not good. Sent to gate 27 to board, gates 24 to 30 are in the bowels of the Jetstar terminal under all the other gates in a rough concrete "bunker" at ground level which means a walk out to the aircraft and then up steps to board! On board the seats were OK but the space between rows was very tight which is fine for a 1 hour flight but not good for longer. The staff were friendly but not really interested. Only an average experience for our first Jetstar flight, will think twice before flying with them again.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  17 September 2012 by Nicola Painter    (New Zealand)

On the 12 August we eventually flew Auckland to Singapore. The flight was meant to leave at 10.15am. So we arrived at the airport and checked in - nothing said about any delays, just that a gate hadn't been assigned and to check the board. Went through customs, told the flight information on our boarding passes was wrong - incorrect flight number! The board had a gate but no time! We went to the gate and found other people, some of whom had received text messages saying that the flight was delayed until 14.45 or 4.45. After what would have been boarding time, some Jetstar staff eventually appeared. First we were greeted with - didn't you hear the announcement! Then we were given - reluctantly - $10 vouchers to keep us fed and watered for the next 5.5 hours. Had we been told this at check-in, we would have bought passes to the lounge so we could have waited in comfort. Jetstar don't allow their vouchers to be used towards the cost of the lounge which is ridiculous. When we finally boarded, the flight crew had the audacity to ask us to hurry so they wouldn't be delayed! Then they delayed us as they tried to find 15 missing people - probably the ones who had been told 4.45 instead of 14.45. Never again.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  12 September 2012 by H Diaki    (Australia)

Melbourne-Hobart-Sydney. Average service on all flights, but very poor ground staff service in Hobart. Staff were very unhelpful and rude. Flight delayed for two hours from Hobart, with no prior notifications. Surprised how this is the best LCC in Australia.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  5 September 2012 by Darren Greenway    (Australia)

Star

Well star class we all know - very average. But you get what you pay for. MEL-SIN. Flight delayed 1hr. The food they get in MEL is terrible compared what you get coming back from SIN. Service was ok. Seat are bad but hopefully when they get new aircraft's it will be lot better. The iPads they give you are boring. Overall it's a 7.5 hr flight - not that bad. We had another flight with Jetstar Asia to KL and they are just rude. I do that flight 6 times a year. But there cheap and they go to main airport not the Low cost one.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  4 September 2012 by S Hoover    (Australia)

I flew with them from Launceston to Sydney. It was a very nice new A320, and the pilot actually told us what he was doing over the P/A. Very nice service, good website, nice staff. Would fly Jetstars A320s over Virgins old 737s any day.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  30 August 2012 by P Gerner    (Australia)

Flew MEL-MCY-MEL for a holiday on the Sunshine Coast. A computer problem at Tullamarine created long check-in queues but staff were checking to make sure waiting passengers did not miss departure deadlines, and our flight left on time and arrived a tad early. Seating is a bit squashed, but as to be expected from a budget carrier. Cabin crew were cheery and helpful. Didn't bother with the food. Return flight on time and uneventful. All in all, value for the money.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  24 August 2012 by Carlo Palma    (Italy)

Star

SIN-MLB night flight. Originally purchased economy ticket and received Jetstar proposal for upgrade for $200. Accepted. Very good flight: on time, comfortable, good meals, nice staff, acceptable entertainment. Particularly appreciated noise reduction earphones and inflatable neck supporting pillow in the amenities pack. Have flown three more legs (MLB-SYD, SYD-DRW and DRW-SIN) in economy and all flights were OK: on time and with sufficient leg room (I'm quite tall). Overall very positive. Based on this experience and my judgement of frequent flyer (> 700000 miles) highly recommendable.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  23 August 2012 by J Urquhart    (Australia)

Perth to Cairns return. Would not recommend Jetstar - the only reason we went on it is because no other airline flies direct to Cairns. It all started before we even got on the plane. Could not check in after driving for 5 hours from the country. Jetstar only do check in's 2 hours prior to flights which means a massive line and wait. Get on the plane and the seats are ridiculously small and had quite a large man on one side of me and the passenger in front reclined their chair. Very uncomfortable. The only positive was the Jetstar staff were very good and caring. The return flight wasn't as bad, didn't seem as cramped but was on an aisle seat.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  21 August 2012 by Chris Churchill    (Australia)

HBA-SYD-HBA day trip to collect personal items. A big issue at SYD Airport with security. The check-in agent was more than helpful. She left her desk to see if I could get a spirit level through security. No. She escorted me back to her check in desk and we packed said item into checked luggage. The agent then added Fragile labels to my luggage. This service is more than anyone would ever expect from a LCC. The flight? Usual excellent in-flight service: politeness and efficiency.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  21 August 2012 by C Nolan    (Singapore)

Flew round-trip from Singapore to Siem Reap in August 2012. I checked in online a few hours before and saw that my ticket was for "no baggage." If I wanted to check a bag at the airport, the cost would be $70. They limit carry-ons to 10 kg. My bag - perfectly acceptable by most airlines was 10.4 kg. I was informed had I bought my ticket on their website I could have paid just $20. The fare was not inexpensive either. So much for "low-cost" airline. Customer service is horrible.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  20 August 2012 by Chris McQuaid    (New Zealand)

BNE-TSV 18th August on A320. Assigned the same seat as someone else - I was willing to change to a spare window seat, but the crew made the other person (and his wife) move because of "zoning" (for meals?). This left an empty middle seat for the flight. Pushed out ahead of time, landed a few minutes early - the estimated flight time was way off (about 10 minutes in a 2 hour flight). Seats very comfortable for short trip - wider than I expected, and plenty of legroom. However, there are no pockets to store loose items such as books or cameras. Beverage service non-existent unless you paid for it - I was expecting at least free tea and coffee for all, as one of the conditions in the booking I made, but that didn't happen. Cheap price for the fare, but this cheapened the actual flight experience. At least I got a free mug of water when I asked for it. Didn't bother with an entertainment iPad. Safety briefing fine, but in-flight announcements from the flight deck were somewhat muffled and almost totally inaudible as a result. Good value for money, and I would recommend on that basis alone.