Jetstar Airways  Passenger Reviews and Jetstar Airways Customer Trip Reports

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  20 November 2013 by M Eggleton    (Australia)

SIN-DAR. Fairly good flight. I had an exit seat for no charge. Had to buy food and rent an iPad, which was another $30 but I wasn't bothered as it was a 4hr flight. Staff were good at check in and actually called me to check in early on the tanoy. I had a bike with me too which arrived safe and sound. Seats are pretty good, overall good value for money, but the food and drink is expensive! I would rather fly with Virgin Australia as they seem to be around the same price and the food and extra luggage is cheaper.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  20 November 2013 by Hays Pia    (Australia)

Star

Star Class CNS-TYO and economy TYO-OOL. Flights were on time. In Star class we sat at A1 & A2 the seat had duct tape on the arms to cover up holes. The tray table would not fully fold out and everything kept slipping off it. The service was really good and the food was also very good. The Ipads can be a bit annoying as you have to find somewhere to put them as the front seats have no "pockets" to put your items in. Due to putting bags on first in CNS we were the last to receive our bags in TYO which is not like business class on other aircraft's. (You shouldn't’have to wait 45mins for your bags if you are paying a higher price for seats). Economy class on the return was good. The flight was not full so everyone was spaced out. The food was also good quality. Tip if you are pre purchasing a Ipad you will need to provide photo ID a lot of people did not have photo ID and passport is not acceptable (which is strange as you have to pass airport security to board the flight).

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  14 November 2013 by P Hayes    (Australia)

MEL-HOB and LAU-MEL. Both flights comfortable and the planes clean and tidy. Cabin crew were friendly and polite. First flight left 25mins late only because people could not organise themselves to sit in their seats without rearranging the overhead lockers to suit themselves. Overall pleasant enough.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  6 November 2013 by A McNicol    (Australia)

BNK-SYD, all good until arrived in Sydney on an outer bay with no air bridge. Apparently an A320 can arrive at the airport on schedule and the ground staff not notice! The captain announced over the pa that the ground staff seemed unaware the aircraft had arrived and he had radioed for stairs so passengers could disembark the aircraft! Travelling on the Qantas group these days is death by a thousand cuts - you never know what service will be cut next - but surely no stairs to disembark the aircraft is taking it a bit far!

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  1 November 2013 by L Wilson    (Australia)

Sunshine Coast to Sydney. Problem with plane while taxiing. Delayed 3 hours. Later flight cancelled. No voucher or compensation. We have no choice at this airport and flights are always delayed or cancelled. Terrible timetabling for business people traveling to Sydney, Melbourne. Totally sick of this non service.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  24 October 2013 by L Mimmocchi    (Australia)

I have used Jetstar 3 times in the past two weeks coming and going, Sydney to Melbourne and every time they have had delays ranging from 15 minutes to an hour. Tonight my flight Melbourne to Sydney was delayed by an hour and the boarding gate area at Melbourne airport was chaotic, hot (no aircon), smelly and didn't have enough seats for passengers so people were sitting on the ground. Reminded me of Bombay airport in the early 80's. More often than not you hear of overbooked passengers from Qantas being transferred to a Jetstar flight but you are never offered a seat on a Qantas flight if you booked through Jetstar and there is a delay. I keep being seduced by the cheaper ticket but really it's just not worth the stress of always running late or having to wait for extended periods in D grade boarding gates. Sorry Jetstar, won't be flying with you again.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  21 October 2013 by Paul Sands    (Australia)

Hobart to Melbourne, JQ714. Supposed to travel 17 October at 2240. Booked our seats about 10 days before travel ($10 fee) and got a printout. Made the mistake of not checking in when we arrived, thinking the seat booking was sufficient. So, after waiting 2.5 hours to board we discovered that we did need boarding cards. The supervisor then told us it was too late, numbers/names had gone to the Captain and there was nothing he could do - catch the next flight in the morning. Where do we stay? Shrug. Sent us to the Jetstar desk to register for the flight and we were told we had to pay $150 late booking fee! Asked the supervisor if he could waive the fee as we had no choice but to book late. "No, can't do that." Airport closing soon - see you later. No attempt to help or suggest any > accommodation or anything. Found some nice people who helped us find a hotel close by - $189: not much sleep. My question is: why, if we've booked and the supervisor goes through the list to make up a manifest, can they not make an announcement to check if people who've booked and paid for seats are in the transit lounge? Apparently, with online booking, this mistake does happen from time to time. Secondly, why is it so hard to just call up the Captain and request the addition of 2 more passengers - who already have booked seats? It's called 'Customer Care'. Jetstar clearly don't know what that is.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  17 October 2013 by G Hanmer    (Australia)

Refused boarding on Jetstar because I was 3.5 minutes late for check in with only hand luggage. Ticket bought through Qantas, but it turns out you can't check in to a Jetstar flight using the Qantas website. No redirection to Jetstar website, no assistance on the phone. Stuck overnight in Hobart without even a toothbrush. No attempt to try and get me on the plane. Boarding then called 5 minutes after I arrived at check in desk. Charged $100 'late' fee and then travelled the following day in row 31 with no window.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  14 October 2013 by P Anda    (Australia)

SIN-MEL, Star Class (Business). Really disappointing; crew chatted loudly on this overnight flight. I went and spoke to them as they'd woken my son - ignored me and went back to joking and laughing loudly. Breakfast not offered and 90 minutes from MEL was "too close" for them to offer even coffee! No eye contact from crew upon boarding or leaving the aircraft. The most personally disconnected flight I've ever taken. The entirely foreign crew may have culturally contributed to this.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  11 October 2013 by S Casey    (Australia)

It began in Vietnam in Da Nang. I went online to see the flight status and it was unavailable. We called through and found the flight that was scheduled for a 5.15 pm departure had been delayed. Because the status was unavailable online, we were not able to book a late checkout with our hotel. We made our way to Da Nang airport, booked a single room so we could have somewhere to wait until 10pm for our re-scheduled check-in for a 12.50am flight. Arrived at the airport at 10pm to find it was not flying until after 2.00 am, the plane arrived around 2.45, we arrived in Saigon just before 3.45pm. The flight crew looked exhausted and their safety demonstration was poorly demonstrated. The food was inedible and the captain made no attempt to communicate with the passengers regarding the delay. This was the worst flight experience I have had and the first time with JetStar.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  11 October 2013 by Marc Eggleton    (UK)

DRW-SIN. I was sceptical at first, but was presently surprised. Check in took some time, but I was offered an exit seat without asking, and being 6'5 this was very welcome. Staff were friendly, plane was generally clean and ok, seats weren't great but ok for a 4hr flight. Was a bit annoyed I had to pay for food but it wasn't that expensive and was good quality. Hired an iPad for $12AUD too which had plenty of stuff on to watch. Returning with them in a few weeks and look forward to it.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  10 October 2013 by J Huang    (Australia)

Flew with Jetstar from MEL to BNE using a price match fare, which was booked quickly by the polite Jetstar agent over the phone. Ground staff at MEL airport were polite and assisted with checking our two bags (under my name) onto the flight. The flight attendants boarding the flight at the gate were extremely rude, yelling at passengers to move forward in the long queue. Once onboard, the service was better and the crew were quite friendly at times, offering to retrieve bags from the overhead compartment. One of my bags didn't arrive in Brisbane - which is curious because it was checked in at the same time as the other bag. I was told that it didn't make it onto the flight and that they would only be able to send it by courier the next day. Overall, you get what you pay for but I wouldn't travel with Jetstar on a flight longer than 2.5 hours.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  10 October 2013 by Chemaine Shehadeh    (Australia)

Unfortunately I travelled with Jetstar over the long weekend as it was cheaper than other airlines. It was ridiculous - so chaotic, unorganised and there were no staff at any of the gates. Firstly my online check-in was not working, so I called their help desk and the lady on the phone was not even listening to what I was saying. On my return flight, there was no identification of the flight number or time at the gate, gate changes over the speaker that were incorrect nor any staff there to help with any queries. Both flights were extremely delayed and the flight crew were not helpful. Bags were moved by the flight crew and they did not inform the passengers. It took over 35 minutes to board the plane. The most annoying part about the whole thing was that the lines to board were crazy - we were told to line up, once we were all lined up and waiting in line they decided to change the way in which to board to seat 19-37 first. On both my flights the flight hostesses were rude, very unhelpful and kept hitting the back of my seat without apologising. I would never fly Jetstar again, it was an awful experience. It was not smooth, easy or stress free. My flight outbound had a huge delay - 1.5 hours and I was not informed by sms nor email or a phone call.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  8 October 2013 by Roy Clogstoun    (Australia)

On JQ816 from Sydney to Brisbane. Tried to check in at the computers but could not do so because I was mistaking an I for 1. Went to one of their charming ground staff to enquire why I had no luck checking in. If looks could kill she looked at me and said "can't you see I am dealing with someone else" and then barked at me to see the service desk. I then got check in ticks and the computer decide to sit my two children away from me. Looking forward to the rest of the trip with JetStar.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  2 October 2013 by Y Bar-Sela    (Australia)

Flew on JQ959 from Cairns to Sydney. Many bad things can be told about the bad experience with flying Jetstar (old dirty plane, a long delay without any information provided until the scheduled flight time has arrived, an attempt to charge for every little thing), but maybe the worst think about Jetstar is the rudeness of the ground crew and the flight attendants. In the case of Jetstar: "Low cost airline = Low cost crew". Never again.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  25 September 2013 by Klaus Lewandowski    (Australia)

Sydney to Honolulu return. Seats are old and require repairs. The promoted Kooks wines were not available. Why promote wine if unavailable? Why does Jetstar charge people for every individual alcoholic drink? Cost of flight plus cost of meals, wines, etc. resulted into overall cost less competitive. Will look for another airline next time.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  20 September 2013 by Roger Stockburger    (Australia)

Gold Coast to Perth, Seat 9A, booked a month ahead. Cheap airfares are cheap airfares, so expectations shouldn't be very high. Taken off on-time, arrived a whopping 40 min early (usually 5hr 20min flight) due to tail-wind crossing Australia. Staff were friendly, good service. Living in the world's most expensive country, paying $3.50 for an in-flight can of Coke was to be expected, and OK considering the low price of the airfare. Did get complimentary glasses of water with ice on a couple of occasions. General observations, clean aircraft, but reclining button on my seat did not work, making the lack of legroom (I'm 6ft 2") slightly more challenging to handle.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  19 September 2013 by C Wilson    (Australia)

Hubby and I travel to Bali regularly on business and as neither of us are teenagers (and hubby is 6ft 3) we prefer to travel business class. In our experience, Jetstar is not as good as it used to be. Attitudes of airline staff are pretty dodgy with only one air steward on our recent flight seeming at all interested in passengers. It is a budget airline but the cleanliness of the cabin should not be compromised. Chewing gum was stuck to the seat in front of me, windows were covered in finger prints which indicated a child had sat in the seat on the previous flight, and the toilets at the front of the plane were not clean to begin with so were quite revolting by the end of the 6hr flight. To top it off, the young couple in the seats directly in front of us reclined their seats as far back as possible so neither my hubby nor I could move his knees were literally squished into the back of the seat. When we asked the air steward to request they pop their seats forward slightly so we could at least move our legs, the response was very cool but they eventually acquiesced. When paying so much extra for a little bit of comfort, some consideration for the customer is expected. Lift your game Jetstar, not good enough!

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  18 September 2013 by D Andrews    (Japan)

Jetstar Japan: I flew Sapporo - Narita return in May 2013. Tickets were 3,960 yen each way and I paid an extra 800 yen per flight for an exit row seat. Both flights were on time and in new A320's with a nice interior. For a short flight with the exit row seats I was more than comfortable. At less than $100 USD for a round trip to Tokyo, I am very happy that low cost airlines are now flying in Japan and I will most definitely fly them again.