Jetstar Airways  Passenger Reviews and Jetstar Airways Customer Trip Reports

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  2 January 2014 by Les Harvey    (New Zealand)

Flew JQ269, AKL-WLG, 15 Nov 2013 returned JQ268, WLG-AKL, 17 Nov 2013. Cost was $120 return for 2 incl credit card charge. Both flights on time or a little early, crew good and efficient, plane (A320) clean. In Aus JQ may be hard work but in NZ they seem fine, but you must check in on time and be at the gate in plenty of time. We pushed back 10 mins before due time from AKL and from WLG 5 mins ahead of time. I've no issues with them locally and they give Air NZ much needed competition. Compare the rates on the main trunk (AKL-WLG-CHC-ZQN/DUD with provincial, eg ROT-CHC that doesn't have competition. Food and beverages and IFE are both extras. We didn't use either but it looked ok. In summary, the perfect bus ride, on time, safe, clean and cheap.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  2 January 2014 by R Morrison    (Australia)

Sydney-Hobart return - you get what you pay for although with all the add-ons, the Jetstar fare isn't any cheaper really than QF or Virgin. The seating is cramped, the aircraft was grubby inside, tray table had sticky marks on it and the inflight magazines were quite grubby. We were two and a half hours late leaving Hobart with very short notice of delay which meant we had given up our hotel room only to spent mindless hours sitting around Hobart airport. Certainly won't use Jetstar again.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  29 December 2013 by J Busworth    (Australia)

OOL-SYD. Booked the 16.00 flight to find when I got to the airport that it was cancelled and I had been moved to the 19.20 flight! Not very helpful with infants. Crew acted like they didn't want to even be there. Food was overpriced and I knew that from my flight there so bought food at the airport for less then half the price. No entertainment offered onboard. Bring your own entertainment. Seat was very uncomfortable. Arrived at 22.00 and airport closing. No staff there to help us. Bags didn't turn up on carousel, told our luggage would come with Qantas tomorrow afternoon!

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  17 December 2013 by P Stevens    (Australia)

Jetstar are in the habit of cancelling flights with little notification time (45mins before flight time via an email) and then abandoning passengers after transferring them to closed airports. Ground staff less than helpful and claimed that this type of service is to be expected from budget carriers. They appear to be over-anticipating passenger demand on some routes and when supply outstrips demand, simply cancelling flights and disrupting passengers by either flying them the next day or transferring them to flights to other airports on sister airlines, and bussing passengers to their original destination. Totally unacceptable when travelling with children and being left outside a locked airport terminal after an hour long bus transfer at 1.00am.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  13 December 2013 by J Merchant    (Australia)

My 70 year old mother flew Jetstar from Hobart to Melbourne and was targeted to weigh her baggage (very small suitcase + handbag) and when it was just over the 10kg limit was told to pay the $70 or leave things behind! No empathy, no consideration, blunt and rude. Whilst it is ridiculous that you have to weigh both your suitcase and handbag, the exorbitant fee and accompanying rude treatment is even worse. The cost for baggage is $10 if you pay prior and $70 if they target you on the day. How they can justify charging 7 times the standard fee? I will never book anyone on Jetstar ever again. Fly at your peril.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  6 December 2013 by R Fitra    (Singapore)

SIN-SUB-SIN with Jetstar's ValueAir A320 on 2 and 5 Nov '13. Checked in at Changi and Juanda airports were quick since I didn't have any check-in luggage. Furthermore I arrived early so the queue wasn't long. Both flights departed slightly late but arrived on time. I bought neither the foods nor the drinks during the 2.15 hours of flight, so I can't comment on that. The crews were ok. Information about the destination was given by the captain just before landing which is standard for any flight. To sum it up, it was a quick hassle free flights.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  4 December 2013 by K Le Quang    (New Zealand)

Was on service from AKL to CHC with Jetstar. The flight was on time, check-in was smooth (SMS boarding pass was a smart choice). Attendants were nice, helpful, though the flight was literally full. Cannot review the food and entertainment in details as they were not included in the price. For a budget airline, it was quite good and enjoyable for me.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  4 December 2013 by Martin Jones    (Australia)

Star

Flew Melbourne to Bali in business class, old plane before they introduce the new planes on the route. Food and drinks were excellent and better than the Qantas domestic offering, however please don't scrimp on a proper desert. The current inflight entertainment was limited and I put it away once I looked at the content, hopefully new planes have something better. Service was great from the Aussie and Thai crew.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  3 December 2013 by Katie Graham    (Australia)

Normally reliable however do not use Jetstar to fly to Bali from Darwin. On two occasions the flight has either been extremely delayed or in this case cancelled. There was little communication with passengers, the board just switched to a different time which happened to be 5 hours later. All we got was a $50 off our next flight voucher which expires by end of the year.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  28 November 2013 by P Shah    (New Zealand)

Flew Melbourne to Christchurch and was a horrific experience. Leg room sufficient for people no taller than 5 1/2 foot. Fight was delayed, and to top it off, I landed in Christchurch 3 days ago, yet my luggage still hasn't arrived. Any attempt to deal with their customer services was painful. Don't fly Jetstar unless you want sore legs and a nightmare experience.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  28 November 2013 by M Thomson    (Australia)

A recent flight from Auckland to Queenstown with Jetstar was much better than expected. My husband and I were at the airport 2 hours before departure and there was no queue at the check-in desks so we didn't bother with the self-check-in kiosks and went straight to the counter. The check-in agent was all smiles, checked in our bags, handed us our boarding passes and wished us a pleasant journey. 30 minutes before departure we went though security where there were again no queues and the security agent could not have been more pleasant and even cracked a joke! The flight boarded on time with smiling flight attendants at the gate and at the aircraft door. The cabin of the A320 was clean, bright and looked relatively new. We had paid a few extra dollars for extra leg room seats and had plenty of room in the exit row. The flight left on time and it didn't take long for the FAs to get the trolley out. We enjoyed a wine with cheese and biscuits for $10, whilst marvelling at the view below. Throughout the 1hr 45min flight, the FAs were friendly, down to earth and professional and instead of hiding after service, were present throughout and happy to engage in conversation with passengers. We landed in Queenstown exactly on time, our luggage was on the belt within 10 minutes and we were in a cab less than 5 minutes later. We were delightfully surprised!

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  22 November 2013 by L Ford    (Australia)

AVV-SYD-AVV. Great trip. The plane was new, seats clean and flight left on time. Food options were good. Crew were very professional. Quick to board, check-in and deplane. Overall great trip and I will fly Jetstar again. Fares were only $35.

Jetstar Airways Customer review :  21 November 2013 by Debra TarabiniEast    (Australia)

I will never fly Jetstar again. Our seats, tray tables and magazine section were filthy, the magazine actually had chewing gum stuck to it, the window was filthy. An hour leaving Perth and 1/2 an hour circling Bali. Yes I can wait 3.5 hours for food, no issue at a 10.05am departure time. The flight home, a 10.45pm departure from Denpasar: keep in mind that there is no food at the new airport (except chips, sausages) when you've arrived the required 3 hours prior and then boarded a plane which will arrive Perth at 2am, people need to eat. We were in row 10, by the time food arrived there was none left, so they offered us a hot meal, I don't mind paying, but first you need to have food and secondly it needs to be edible. So I paid $35 for 2 meals we couldn't eat and 2 bottles of water.