Air Berlin Passenger Reviews and Air Berlin Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Air Berlin Customer review :  18 April 2014 by R Birkelund    (Norway)

Oslo-Berlin (Tegel). Boeing 737-700, round trip. Same equipment. Check in was fast both ways. We checked in 1 bag. You can have 1 free (23kg) bag checked in. Pretty much left gate on time both ways. Seats were comfortable but jiggly. I got the seat of the passenger sitting in front of me in my lap during take off both ways. Air Berlin says on their website state they will give you a free non alcoholic drinks and a Ham/Cheese sandwich on flights over 90min. We got a choice of "sweet or salty". Note: If you choose "sweet" you will get a waffle bar. If you choose "salty" you will get a bag of chilli potato chips. Drink choices of coke products and juice/coffee. It would have been nice if they asked if you want a "waffle bar" or a "bag of potato chips", because I was confused. An overall average flight. Left on time and landed on time. Good value for money.

Air Berlin Customer review :  17 April 2014 by A Rodriguez    (USA)

Took this flight long haul from JFK to Poland. The seats were small and the leg room is very small. I usually travel this route through Aer Lingus which has a lot more space and more comfortable, but unfortunately they discontinued this route. The flight attendants for my flight was rude and not nice. They didn't smile and if you asked for anything it seemed like you were bothering them. The food was the worst. Would not use this airline again. The price was very good though.

Air Berlin Customer review :  4 April 2014 by J Kuntz    (Germany)

TXL-TFS 5 hours, flight was on time, friendly flight attendant but the free food was not good at all. There was the choice cheese or chicken sandwich. The food you have pay for was a little bit better but still not worse the money. The flight was not expensive so I would recommend this airline.

Air Berlin Customer review :  2 April 2014 by D Ellard    (Austria)

I fly Air Berlin every 2-3 weeks long haul from Europe to Miami doing the same flights all the time. One thing that stands out is that they are not consistent. The crew (under-staffed) do not work as a tight team and so the service is often all over the place. Being a TopBonus Gold member makes no difference at all, except for priority check-in, lounge access and pre-aboard. I always fly economy and choose to sit at the back, I usually miss a choice of meal, the seat next to me is rarely kept free and the regular collection of rubbish from your seat is very poor or non-existent. I often disembark with a seat pocket full of rubbish or I take it with me to the toilets during the flight. When pressing the call button they attend to your seat, turn the call button off and then a give quick glance to see if you actually wanted anything. Water is given to you in a bottle, there is no mid-flight juice/water service. When boarding they have 1-2 crew members greeting passengers while the rest stand in the galley, no effort to emerge and help people find seats, store luggage etc. I fly Etihad frequently and am shocked at the tie-up the two airlines have - complete opposites when it comes to service. I have a tomato allergy for which I can rarely get a special meal so when boarding I ask them to make sure they put aside a meal that does not contain tomato, this request is often met with no response or an attitude of that is a lot of work, of 14 in the last year only once did a crew member actually give me a crew meal. I now take my own food. Have tried several times to upgrade to business class with miles but never been able too. On a positive note the long- haul aircraft is modern, IFE is excellent and seat comfort is ok, and they are nearly always on-time. I have flown business class a few times and they are excellent - there is however only two business class cabin crew for 19-20 people so if full I imagine service would be different, when I have flown there is only a 10-12 people in business class.

Air Berlin Customer review :  28 March 2014 by Eelco van den Heuvel    (Netherlands)

DUS-TXL-MAD. AB cancelled the original DUS-MAD flight, which was quite a nuisance. So had to fly via Berlin which added 3 hrs, since they didn't offer to fly direct on their OW-partner Iberia. On the positive side: very punctual, flawless performance. Free drinks and a nice snack and only 80 euros one way. Seating in 737-800 to TXL cramped. Luckily an empty middle seat. Otherwise it would be hardly bearable.

Air Berlin Customer review :  27 March 2014 by Anthony Acosta    (USA)

This a totally no frills airline with seats so close together that there is no room for your knees, and if the person in front of you decides to recline your poor knees will pay a price. Getting in and out of seats is difficult and seats are very thin. Our flight was MIA-DUS and too long for comfort, this carrier is best suited for regional routes, not trans-Atlantic routes that become gruelling. I would rather pay 10% more to get additional leg space from a more traditional carrier. Crew was nice but had a reluctance to speak English even though they are serving an American market, I thought that was strange as they clearly could speak English. Food was normal airline fare with lunch and a light breakfast. We flew the A330, which was very nice and new. Our DUS- Berlin and Berlin-Rome flights were fine, both on A320's.

Air Berlin Customer review :  26 March 2014 by C Mayr    (Austria)

SZG-HAM-SZG on A320 both ways. Long time ago since I last flew with Air Berlin and it was a positive surprise. Both flights on time. Cabin was very clean and spotless, seats are nice and not cramped. We even got coffee and tea on this one hour flight. FA's very friendly. Overall a very good experience and I would fly Air Berlin again on European routes.

Air Berlin Customer review :  27 February 2014 by Edo Gerkema    (Netherlands)

After a long trip from Sydney-Abu Dhabi, and a stop time of 3 hours (+1/2 hour delay), the more than 7 hours flight to Dusseldorf started. After almost 2 hours flying finally the staff offered us a small sandwich (with beef or cheese) and one cup of coffee. Another 2 hours later we got a bottle of water. Doing nothing but trying to sit, compressed between my seat and the extreme tilted seat in front of me I really felt hungry. When I asked for another piece of bread I got one and the promise that there would be more served in 20 minutes. Indeed, we got food. While collecting the rubbish we were offered a drink, coffee? No only cold drinks. Before my experiences with Air Berlin were ok, but this last flight was really unpleasant.

Air Berlin Customer review :  18 February 2014 by Jay Ananth    (USA)

JFK to DUS. Great flight. 8 hour trip non stop, great entertainment and staff service was excellent.

Air Berlin Customer review :  7 February 2014 by M Malina    (Czech Republic)

DUS-AUH on December 24th, 2013. Air Berlin 7460, code-shared by Etihad. The seats don't offer much space, but I was very impressed by the personal entertainment system. It basically looked like a tablet - very sharp display, touch screen, fast response. I've haven't seen such a great system anywhere else yet (I only fly economy though). When somebody's unit stopped working, the flight attendant brought a replacement! The only drawback of this was the fact that it was a night time flight so I tried to get some sleep rather than spend the time watching movies.

Air Berlin Customer review :  28 January 2014 by B Baser    (Switzerland)

ZRH to TXL and back in mid-November 2013. As an OW Sapphire member, I was able to reserve a seat for free in advance, additionally, because I made the seat reservation only 3 days prior to departure, I was able to obtain an XL seat free of charge, which is something that Air Berlin normally does not offer its OW partner members. On the flight to TXL, the plane type was changed without advance notice, so I ended up with a normal seat, but on the way back I enjoyed the larger legroom. I must say that if you're taller than 6'2, the normal seats are at the limit of what one could call comfortable. Though there is no pain or pressure in any way. The fare cost less than 5$, the rest made up of various taxes and fees, and it ended up costing me around 120$. I like the fact that overall the service was good enough for this amount of low fare. Along with the good public transport connections in ZRH and TXL, door-to-door cost me 135$. Departure was on time in both cases. Staff was friendly in both cases, though there was nothing special about food and beverages being offered. No inflight entertainment at all, bring your own.

Air Berlin Customer review :  29 December 2013 by R Thomas    (UK)

STN-DUS-TXL. After I read lots of negative feedback about Air Berlin over here I was a bit terrified to use this airline. Actually my both flights were just fine and I can't say nothing bad. It's just 3 star airline, so expect 3 star service. Cabin crew not smiling that's true. I read that on intercontinental flights lots of tall pax struggle, I was just fine and picked an aisle seat as precaution. Seat comfort - just normal. Flights were departing little late but arriving on time. Check in luggage arrived with me into destination. The small plane this airline is using on route from London are extremely loud.

Air Berlin Customer review :  17 December 2013 by Laurie Kurilla    (USA)

My reservation was for LAX to Dusseldorf to Salzburg. After I made my reservations, I got 6 changes from Air Berlin. I paid for the XL seats (more leg room) from LAX to Dusseldorf. After all their changes, I am now traveling from LAX to JFK to Dusseldorf to Salzburg, and they gave me XL seats only from JFK to Dusseldorf and I now have a 12-hour layover in Dusseldorf. They have rude clerks on the phone. No one can make a decision without a manager, and managers only work 8-5 European time.

Air Berlin Customer review :  19 November 2013 by Carmel Monaghan    (Australia)

I flew to and from Abu Dhabi to Norway and return. I was very disappointed in both the seat comfort, quality of food and general service. The seats were narrow with poor leg room. In fact there was more leg room on the short flight from Oslo to Berlin than the long flight from Berlin to Abu Dhabi and they were hard and generally uncomfortable. The food on the way over was unrecognizable let alone edible with a business class passenger asking me what is was while we were awaiting customs clearance, so they obviously got the same thing. The return flight food was marginally better. The staff were friendly and polite, but did little to help a woman who had a 4 month old baby and a toddler, who had booked a seat with a crib and didn't get it. She was basically told 'bad luck' and they left her to ask 2 other passengers if she could swap seats with them to accommodate her sitting with her child in the crib which attached to the wall. The toilets were also in a revolting state by the time we arrived at both destinations because they were not cleaned at all. I will not use this airline again. I had expected better from an affiliate of Etihad airlines who are excellent.

Air Berlin Customer review :  18 November 2013 by S Song    (Romania)

I am only 5'3" tall, a frequent traveller and have never had any issues with legroom. Flew Budapest to Chicago round trip in economy class, and was shocked at how cramped it was. If the person in front of you reclines their seat at all, it is impossible to even move in your chair. The monitor was literally just a few inches from my face. I have never felt so claustrophobic on a flight before. Flight attendants do their job but with a bit of attitude. Also, I had one piece of extra luggage (not overweight) on the return flight and I was charged $200 USD. Their fees are written very clearly on a piece of paper when you arrive at the airport, but are very unclear and confusing on their website. Considering most airlines charge anywhere from $50-70 for an extra piece of luggage, $200 is beyond ridiculous.

Air Berlin Customer review :  15 November 2013 by T Donovan    (USA)

We paid extra for seats with leg room from Chicago to Berlin and on to Salzburg. We did get the leg room seats. However, it seems that Air Berlin seats are exceptionally narrow. I did not measure the seat, but my guess is that even an inch or two makes a great deal of difference. As we were taxiing in (both directions) the air conditioner condensation came dripping down onto my legs. On the way to Berlin this was a significant amount of water, less so on the way back. The flight attendants who were sitting facing us and just smiled and said "condensation". While on the plane, after I read for a while I attempted to turn off the overhead light. It would not go off. The flight attendant said that it had to be turned off by the computer which, for the life of me I could got get into place. After he helped, he could not get the computer to turn off the light. He switched computers and that still didn't work. We asked if we could change seats, but there were not leg room seats available. The flight attendants tried to be very helpful. Berlin Tegel is a grey stone cold airport. Cigarette butts all over the place. Even people who were cleaning just bumped into you with the mop without a word of "excuse me", like the whole row of waiting passengers was supposed to get out of our seats while she mopped. I would not recommend Air Berlin.

Air Berlin Customer review :  11 November 2013 by C Epure    (Germany)

For an almost 2 hours flight to Bucharest, from Berlin TXL, we we're served a 20g pack of potato chips which was described as snack. Every airBerlin flight the "snacks" become smaller and smaller, but this is too much. That bag of potato chips will cost anywhere less than 1 Euro and I think this becomes towards a customer humiliating. There are always the same unhappy stewardess-faces always looking like they can't wait to finish their shift and go home. Not to mention that at the airport, we were sent in an improved Terminal, with only two flights, very crowded and absolutely no duty free facilities. I am fed up with this airline and I have given up my topbonus card after one year of bad experiences with them. I hope I will never have to travel again with them. The only plus I can give, the flight was in time.

Air Berlin Customer review :  24 October 2013 by Linda Doering    (USA)

I will never fly Air Berlin again! Some of my flights were ok, but flying Dusseldorf to JFK business class was terrible. The seats seemed like they were from 1966 - very old and extremely uncomfortable. Fly this airline at your own risk.

Air Berlin Customer review :  24 October 2013 by Alexander Mokretsov    (Russia)

DME-DUS-VRA and back. Excellent airline, which offers very competitive prices, but also good service. The flights from Moscow and back were on time. The connections in Dusseldorf went smoothly. The transatlantic flights were great. I enjoyed excellent entertainment system, which provided wide selection of great movies and music. The food were very tasty and fresh. The staff were very efficient and polite. All in all a very pleasant experience. I would recommend not to economize though and pay some extra fee for the preferred seat selection, since the leg room is rather scarce.

Air Berlin Customer review :  23 October 2013 by Alex Hempel    (Australia)

Vienna to Rome in October 2013. Vienna has this amazing facility where, if you fly Air Berlin or Austrian, you can check your hold luggage in at the city train station up to a day before, and take the express train out to the airport. We made use of this facility, and despite being a bit doubtful, everything worked perfectly. Thanks to this, we had no waiting time at check-in or at the airport. Boarding was orderly and quick, even with only one person at the gate. Flight crew was friendly, the plane being a newish A320. Inflight snack was okay, nothing special but I've seen worse airplane food. On arrival in Rome, we had to wait over half an hour for our luggage, but that seems to be par for the course there. All in all, I'd fly them again.

Air Berlin Customer review :  23 October 2013 by Andrew Jones    (UK)

Travelled from Berlin to Chicago. I generally have low expectations of airlines today, especially when travelling with my national flag carrier, British Airways. I was pleasantly surprised by this flight. Yes, Economy Class seat pitch is just 30", but the scooped out seat backs help in that respect, so you gain a little knee room. The food was pretty good, that is to say I've had a great deal worse, and the crew were friendly and attentive at all times. I particularly liked the entertainment system which worked well and had large seatback screens. All in all, for an Economy Class flight of nearly nine hours, not a bad experience.

Air Berlin Customer review :  21 October 2013 by Daisuke Ito    (Germany)

FRA-TXL-FRA: Just 55min flight, but complementary snacks and soft drink in the afternoon flight and also complementary warm bread and soft drink in the early morning flight. Cabin attendants were friendly on both flights. Even landing on time at FRA, due to full spots, we had to wait on a taxiway for 10min. Outsourcing ground staff at TXL could not answer where the AB lounge was. "I don't know" with smile.

Air Berlin Customer review :  10 October 2013 by P Knap    (Germany)

Air Berlin domestic TXL-DUS-TXL, 737-800. Though almost fully booked on both ways, boarding was smoothly (maybe due to new boarding process). Crew - as always at Air Berlin - a bit of a mixed box: varying from friendly with a personal touch to absolutely indifferent. Seat quality and choice of snacks and beverages very good for a short hop. Arrival 5 min late both ways - so almost on time. All in all good domestic product and value for money.

Air Berlin Customer review :  10 October 2013 by Y Raltseva    (UK)

SKG-Dusseldorf-Stansted. Flight went very well. All on time. Polite staff and good "meal" on board. I would recommend.

Air Berlin Customer review :  7 October 2013 by Joerg Lehnert    (Germany)

Flight from CPH-TXL. As this is a short flight (around 60 minutes everything included) food and beverages are not a matter of survival. However Air Berlin was once renowned for its on board service even on short haul routes. No longer. There was absolutely no service at all on this flight. Neither was there any explanation. One flight attendant privately admitted that they did not have anything on board. Too bad as they were one such a great airline.

Air Berlin Customer review :  3 October 2013 by G Mayer    (Israel)

No Transit At Tegel airport and double security check at arrival and departure! One hour transit is not enough and we almost didn't make to the flight! From TLV to Tegel and from Tegel to Zurich. Our luggage didn't arrive and we had to wait 3 hours for the next Air Berlin flight to receive our luggage! Cheap but not worth it!

Air Berlin Customer review :  1 October 2013 by L Thornton    (USA)

DUS-JFK, Business class, flight 7450. Good service, good staff, good food, good wine and drinks, but the seat was horrible.

Air Berlin Customer review :  25 September 2013 by A Polczynski    (UK)

Worst experience with Air Berlin, was my first and will be my last. Flying from TXL to GDN and the flight was cancelled at the last minute, no extra information was given, and the boarding screen was just switched off so no one knew what was going on. Then we had to stand in a line for over 2 hours to be told that there were no flights for a few days after, which was unacceptable. Then it was the whole process of finding the luggage to collect and the staff were so rude and unhelpful.

Air Berlin Customer review :  25 September 2013 by M Walker    (UK)

Our flight from San Francisco to Dusseldorf was delayed 27 hours. We were promised a hotel for the night in the SF area. Instead Air Berlin provided us with no accommodation, no advice, no refreshments, no phone calls. We were misinformed by Air Berlin about the availability of hotels in SF and alternative flights across the Atlantic. In effect we were abandoned by Air Berlin. We therefore cancelled the flight and flew with another airline. We would not recommend Air Berlin.

Air Berlin Customer review :  14 September 2013 by Pei-Kuan Feng    (USA)

My flight was on 9/1. I took the 2 hour flight from Zurich to Dusseldof and then Dusseldof to JFK. There is no sign outside Zurich airport about Air Berlin, you have to discover that its Check In area is at 3. Check-in line was short and easy. The plane arrived at Dusseldof with no gate, so a bus took you to the door. Once you exited the door you enter Germany. You have no idea where you were. I found out I had to move from the arrivals area to the departures area. I had to go trough the security check and then get my passport stamped. The inflight service and food were excellent. There were two meals. Flight attendant provided non-stop service and distributed water bottles. The programs on the monitor were excellent and the screen has very good resolution. The flight map was not working.

Air Berlin Customer review :  12 September 2013 by Martin Alexander    (USA)

JFK-Berlin-Sofia-Stansted-Dusseldorf-JFK. Planes are new and clean but the space between seats is really small. I am 5'7" and found it to be tight, can't imagine how someone taller will feel. At one point, the person behind me asked me to move my backrest forward because it was too tight for them. Food is average to below average maybe at par with American's food on international trips but lesser quality than British Airways. Flight was on time, service was decent. I have a OneWorld Sapphire status, so I used the BA lounge in Berlin (TXL). The lounge was old and quite dirty, kind of like the airport itself. Selection of food was poor, drinks were ok. On return flight, I was not able to use a lounge at the Stansted airport - AirBerlin pointed me to a lounge but when I got there, the attendant told me that AB does not have a contract with them. Then there was a last minute gate change and I had to sprint to a new gate to catch my flight. Used AirBerlin lounge in Dusseldorf - minimal selection of food, ok on drinks. Flight from Dusseldorf to JFK was on time with 2 meal services, average quality of meals. I do not plan to fly AirBerlin in the future.

Air Berlin Customer review :  4 September 2013 by R Paterson    (USA)

JFK-TXL return in Economy. Overall quite satisfied with Air Berlin. Check-in at JFK quick and staff accommodating in helping find me a good aisle seat (I am rather tall). Gate staff and boarding were fine. AVOD fine although TV choices were a bit limited. Seats are comfortable, legroom should be more than adequate for someone under six feet. Cabin crew were polite, drinks service was punctual, liked the whole bottles of water handed out. Food was merely decent. Return flight same comments although TXL gates leave a lot to be desired. Overall I would recommend AB; despite their lower cost they are indeed better than most United States carriers when it comes to Economy long-haul.

Air Berlin Customer review :  2 September 2013 by R Christopher    (New Zealand)

28th August 2013 from Malaga to Hamburg on a very well maintained 737-800. Journey started with online check-in and a bag drop at Malaga airport. The queue was not orderly and the staff did not police the queue very well at all. The check-in agent who dealt with me seemed indifferent and did not make eye contact with me which was rather rude. Boarding the flight took quite a long time as the flight was full. Far too much hand luggage had been allowed aboard the flight. The cabin crew were not very friendly nor welcoming at all. There was considerable turbulence during this flight and the crew did little to allay the fears and concerns of some of the passengers. A small snack was served as well as a drink. At the end of the flight an overheard monitor displayed the route taken for a few minutes only. There was no goodbye from the crew at the end of the flight. I found the staff very cold on this occasion.

Air Berlin Customer review :  29 August 2013 by J Stevenson    (USA)

Overall very satisfied with Air Berlin. Returned from a cruise which ended in Venice. First took a short flight to Dusseldorf to then catch the connection to JFK. All connections were made on time. The Air Berlin flight staff were all very congenial. Was able to watch three movies on their entertainment system to pass the time. Food was good. "Open" bar even better. I would definitely fly Air Berlin again.

Air Berlin Customer review :  27 August 2013 by M Manev    (Germany)

TXL to SOF return. Really can't complain about their short haul product - both flights were on time, a drink and a snack offered, and crew on both legs were friendly enough. At least the short haul service is comparable to established airlines such as Lufthansa or BA. Will definitely use them again in the future.

Air Berlin Customer review :  8 August 2013 by Olszewski Tomasz    (Poland)

WAW-TXL-AUH-HKT-AUH-TXL-WAW. Flight from WAW to TXL on a new Bombardier Q400, short and smooth. Flights from TXL to AUH and from AUH to HKT on the A330-200 were half empty, so it was very comfortable having 4 seats in the middle row to sleep all by myself. Same thing on the way back. Service was great as well, I can't complain at all.

Air Berlin Customer review :  8 August 2013 by A Kovacevic    (USA)

I flew to Europe on June 15, from Fort Myers (FL) to Duesseldorf. My previous trip was in January 2013 (Berlin- Miami). Company changed their fees on June 1st, and nobody had a courtesy to let me know that, even though I am their top bonus member (frequent flyer program). I called before my flight to double check and asked if there is anything else I should be aware of (I flew with them few times before, so I was familiar with their policies), and teller forgot to mention they changed baggage fees (from 50Euros to 200$). Customer service representative at the check in desk forgot to mention that too, and she just transferred me to the cashier, and it was than when I found out about the charge! I don't mind paying, but I do mind being ripped off! Besides that, their seats are very small, and food quality could be better (a lot better).

Air Berlin Customer review :  5 August 2013 by C Epure    (Germany)

TXL-VIE, a weekend trip 26/7-28/7. Both flights delayed: in Berlin they announced 10 mins but it turned to be 25 mins when we boarded. There was an apology from the captain. Return flight also delayed, this time nobody announced anything and we had to wait. When for a 55 mins flight you have a delay of 20 mins it is not that good. I found the crew not necessarily rude, but there was no feedback from them, there were just doing their job and waiting to finish and go home. I keep asking myself how small a sandwich can become? At Air Berlin they succeeded to make the snack smaller and smaller. The Inflight Entertainment is becoming more and more "commercial" and there are no more films or cartoons.

Air Berlin Customer review :  2 August 2013 by L Conyers    (Germany)

Very satisfied with my first long-distance trip on Air Berlin. Kind and humorous staff, both on the planes and at the airports. The food was tasty and more than enough, also plentiful drink runs. Then, before the staff retires for about 2 hours one receives a small bottle of water-never had that happen before. As can be seen, the staff presence is great throughout the flight. The Inflight Entertainment is good, too, although the TV series were a bit outdated. The plentiful amount of films made up for that again, though. On the night flight we were given a large amenity kit, with tooth brush and paste, socks, ear plugs and a eye mask. Only problem is the tiny seat pitch. Even if the person in front of you doesn't put back his chair, your knees touch the seat in front of you.

Air Berlin Customer review :  31 July 2013 by Jennifer Fasciana    (UK)

At Dusseldorf airport now, waiting for a flight to Milan Malpensa. Our flight was about to board at 4.45pm, they started boarding when all of a sudden we were told the flight was cancelled and with no further instruction or explanation other than to go get our bags and get our tickets re-issued. The Air Berlin staff are rude, unhelpful and did not give us any alternatives other than to cancel flights or get on an even later flight out of Dusseldorf. This was my first experience with Air Berlin and it will be my last.

Air Berlin Customer review :  30 July 2013 by Nigel Goodman    (Germany)

Business class from LAX to Berlin as LH had a technical so they offered this: Great One World Lounge in LAX, far better in every way than the place that LH shares. New plane. Crew interested and friendly. Business seats were a trip back in time - far from flat and also cheap-uncomfortable so very stupid when they compete with flat beds on the route. Food was about OK only but no "class". Overall: was nothing like a Business should be at the price.

Air Berlin Customer review :  25 July 2013 by M Tuffin    (UK)

AUH - HKT and return as part of Etihad codeshare. Out in old business class configuration and return in new configuration which is the same as Etihad's business class. Food and beverage offer was not quite as sophisticated as Etihad's, but not far from it, and I found the food to be very tasty and well presented. The staff were also good in my opinion - being warm and attentive. The old business class seat would not be that comfortable for sleeping on an overnight flight, but the layout actually worked well for a daytime flight. IFE was good with enough variety and choice to keep most people happy. All in all I was quite impressed and would be happy to fly their long haul business class product again!

Air Berlin Customer review :  25 July 2013 by Doug Friechenbacher    (USA)

Air Berlin carries its passengers in very low regard. After several plane issues, a problem with the door opening, and other mechanical problems, we sat on the plane at the gate for 30 minutes. While most of the plane had connecting flights, the airline did not hold the planes. After flying 11 hours from LAX to Berlin, I counted twelve of us that missed the connecting flight to Zurich due to the airline's failures. Had they held the plane, it could not have been delayed more than ten minutes. So, I had to wait five hours in the Berlin airport for the next flight. The airline's response? A measly $10 voucher not accepted by many businesses in the airport.

Air Berlin Customer review :  24 July 2013 by K Andreas    (Switzerland)

Air Berlin from TXL to VCE and back. Everything went extremely smoothly. Free seat next to me (as a Topbonus Gold member), pre-ordered food was on board and very nice (Indian vegetarian curry), cabin crew very friendly and professional, both flights a few minutes ahead of schedule, luggage among the first 5 bags on belt. Air Berlin at its best!

Air Berlin Customer review :  24 July 2013 by I Bernard    (USA)

Departing Catania, Sicily, Italy on June 30th we arrived at the airport 2.5 hours before scheduled departure time. Massive line for check-in, only one woman and one desk checking in 2 flights. No weather nor equipment issue, purely bad management and under-staffing. 3 hours in line, not a single announcement. By the time we arrived in Dusseldorf our flight (business class) to JFK was long gone. Told the next flight they could get us to Chicago on was the following afternoon - 24 hours later! Told they'd booked us into the airport hotel and they gave us two 10 Euro food vouchers. Flew back to Chicago on Lufthansa/the Star Alliance. Despite business-class having angled seats, the food, service and punctuality of the flight were flawless. As a lifetime-gold/million-miler on American, this experience was sufficient for me to alter my habits and to focus on the Star for my future air- travel needs. Air Berlin's 'service' was utterly lacking.

Air Berlin Customer review :  19 July 2013 by K Walker    (USA)

We came prepared, we flew from LAX to DUS. Flight was smooth and food ok. Crew was just like every other flight crew. We took a tape measure and measures the seats front to back and side to side. The seats are the same on all the different airlines we flew except for jet blue which had a 1 inch larger seat. The reason why the seats seem close is because they recline to a greater degree.

Air Berlin Customer review :  17 July 2013 by Piirainen Reetta    (Finland)

Berlin to Abu Dhabi and back. In general, aircraft's ok but the biggest problem in the company is the impolite and unhelpful staff. Flight attendants do not offer help or service at all. Atmosphere in the plane was not very comfortable due to rudeness of cabin crew. We try to avoid flying with Air Berlin from now on.

Air Berlin Customer review :  16 July 2013 by Michael Schade    (UAE)

WSW-TLX. Flight delayed by 2hrs. No sms or email sent to inform passengers. Rude check in staff. No apology given onboard. Ageing noisy turboprop plane. Unpleasant experience.

Air Berlin Customer review :  15 July 2013 by R Thut    (Switzerland)

ZRH-CFU-ZRH. Flight out left on time, very nice crew and efficient. They served you a sandwich which was tasteless and a free soft drink. They offered from the menu "Onboard Cafe" against payment. Since the flight was only a bit more than 1.5 hours, the sandwich was ok. Flight back 30 minutes delayed - not the airlines fault. Again very nice and attentive crew, same sort of sandwich offered on the way back. For short flights Air Berlin is fine.

Air Berlin Customer review :  15 July 2013 by H Mutschler    (Germany)

Flew Dusseldorf to Kos a Greek Island for holiday. Check was not able to take a sun umbrella as luggage, only after discussion we were able to check it in. Boarding was via bus, but ok. Seats nice but special. Food service was a sandwich and soft drinks. Bought from the Sansibar list a Currywurst (sausage) with a roll and a beer. This was nice and good. Flight landed 3 hours later on time. Crew was nice and friendly. Cockpit informed us about the flight. Would fly them again, but Check in needs to improve.

Air Berlin Customer review :  11 July 2013 by Mikky Zsedely    (USA)

JFK to Nice via DUS. Flight was awful. The whole flight was spent with a woman putting her seat back in my lap. Mind you the legroom was barely existent to begin with. The seat back TV had no sound and the one on my wife's side had no picture. The crew while strolling by didn't really react to anything. The food? The "meal" on this flight was inedible! I could barely wait for them to take it away! The only saving grace was the warm beers I could occasionally get from a bored crew member. The second leg was thankfully quick and over fast, no food and they wanted money for everything. Sometimes comfort is worth the price.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

| Home| Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |