Alitalia Customer Reviews and Alitalia Passenger Trip Reports

Alitalia Customer review :  14 October 2013 by V Green (USA)

FCO to JFK, Sep 13. Seats booked were ignored. I got a seat both ways with a box in my tiny foot space. Food was bad. Flight was late by about 40 mins. Crew were nice.

Alitalia Customer review :  14 October 2013 by P Su (USA)

I flew from Los Angeles to Rome round trip. Talk about a sardine can! I reserved an aisle seat and got windows. Both ways ended up with an oversized man half in my seat. The food was terrible and so were the flight attendants. The flight was also late.

Alitalia Customer review :  10 October 2013 by Jose Rodriguez (USA)

FCO-JFK on September 2013. Flight was on time. Seats were comfortable. Food was OK, but included wine made it all better. Entertainment was pretty good.

Alitalia Customer review :  8 October 2013 by Jacqueline Siu Kwan (Canada)

The plane is old and the washroom is horrible. Needs a lot of maintenance. Fortunately, it was just a 2 hour flight from Amsterdam to Rome. Staff were not professional, they ignored calls from customers during the flight. They just stayed at the rear of the aircraft talking among themselves.

Alitalia Customer review :  7 October 2013 by C Hooper (Australia)

In September we flew London-Rome-Catania return. The outbound flight from London was reasonable. We didn't see much of the crew. However on arrival in Catania my luggage did not appear until 2 days later. The return flight sector from Rome to Catania was deplorable. About ten minutes after take off, I went to the rear toilet and noticed the 2 flight attendants sitting there with the curtain pulled reading the paper. The toilet smelt badly and there was no toilet paper. I advised the flight attendant who thanked me but did nothing about it as my partner used same toilet later and still no toilet paper.

Alitalia Customer review :  2 October 2013 by Ion Dimbeanu (Canada)

Rome to Toronto, July 2013. Airbus 330 with falling off seats and interior trim, no sound for the entertainment system, wine or beer were the only drink choices. We could fly British Airways or any other Western European Airline for probably for the same price. Will never fly this airliner again. Poor service, old aircraft's, ugly airport lounge - total mess.

Alitalia Customer review :  2 October 2013 by Joanne Brennan (Canada)

Flew from Toronto to Rome and then Rome to Toronto (end of Sep). Not impressed. Food was terrible, condition of plane was poor and customer service, let's see, was non existent. As many others have commented, they serve drinks, then dinner and then they disappear for 5.5 hours. Even if someone pushes the bell for service, they just ignore it. Unbelievable. Waited 2 hours to get our luggage in Toronto because they needed to search the luggage before they released it. Will never take them again.

Alitalia Customer review :  2 October 2013 by Karen Viola (USA)

My husband and I booked our round trip flight from JFK to Rome on January 19th of 2013. We traveled in September 2013. On both flights Alitalia changed our seats so that we were no longer sitting together. I am a former Pan American flight attendant and am horrified to see what the flying public must deal with today. The seats were so uncomfortable and the food inedible. We will never fly this airline again!

Alitalia Customer review :  30 September 2013 by K Lindholm (USA)

We recently flew from LAX to Rome and back in premium economy. The aircraft was clean comfortable and on time both coming and going but the crew, from the ticket agents (check in) to the flight crew were somewhat rude and at times non existent during the flight. We were served on time but the food was inedible and the trays were not picked up for nearly an hour. My wife asked for a cup of tea and waited nearly 45 minutes to get it. This kind of service is totally unacceptable and we will not recommend Alitalia to anyone in the future.

Alitalia Customer review :  30 September 2013 by E Glister (USA)

My wife and I just had a wonderful trip from Malpensa to JFK in Business class. The on-board crew were excellent. They were courteous, attentive, responsive to requests, and always had a smile on their face. They were also conversant in French and English, as well as Italian. The lunch and snack were both very tasty, visually appealing, and served on time. The choice of wines was clearly enough for my palette. The reclining seat was comfortable, even for my 6'3" body. And, surprisingly, the flight landed almost one hour before schedule. Alitalia does, however, need to improve several things. The ticketing process is laborious, with a poor web site and no self-service kiosks visible at the terminal. Signage at the terminal needs improvement. And, the loading of the plane could be improved by calling groups in sequence, rather than the cattle-herding method now used. And, couldn't news and sports be updated on the screen? The crew deserves a "10" rating. The balance of the ticketing/on-boarding process a "5".

Alitalia Customer review :  30 September 2013 by C Alessandro (Italy)

Rome Fiumicino - Milan Linate and return. First flight on a full A319, we were served a drink and a muffin by a professional cabin crew. we landed in Milan 10 min early. The return was in the late afternoon of the same day, it was operated with a quite empty A321 so i had 3 seats for myself. The flight was relaxing and also this time we arrived before the scheduled time. I will definitely fly Alitalia again.

Alitalia Customer review :  27 September 2013 by Michael Berwald (USA)

Flew Alitalia from Rome to Lax on September 4, 2013. Nice newer Boeing 777. They got us home safely. And the entertainment system was good. Otherwise the flight was less than satisfactory. Absolute minimal effort on the part of cabin crew. Lazy, lazy, lazy. Food Terrible. I was in Business class, Ask for a Bloody Mary, "Sorry, only beer or wine" Entire cabin crew hiding somewhere most of flight. Walked all the way to the back galley to find a Stewardess. Again she informed me only Beer and Wine were available. I am still confused by this. I will avoid Alitalia in the future.

Alitalia Customer review :  25 September 2013 by Irena Markus (Australia)

Flew from Vienna to Rome on 24th September at 11.20 am which took about 90 minutes. We were served a drink and a small packet of something that the Italians should be ashamed of. I asked one of the flight attendants if we would be served lunch (since it was at lunch time) and was told "no". Very poor.

Alitalia Customer review :  25 September 2013 by J Baker (USA)

My husband who is 6'4" and I flew from Rome to LAX on July 20th. I made seat reservations when I booked the flight 9 months earlier and confirmed them 3 weeks before the flight. We were bumped from 2 aisle seats to 2 middle seats in the middle aisle. Under each seat was a metal box that took away half the leg room. The staff in Rome was very rude. The flight staff sat at the back of the plane talking for most of the flight. The air conditioning didn't work - either too hot or too cold. To top it off, the food was horrible. Next time I'll settle for 2 stops as opposed to this awful airline.