Alitalia

"handled our forced cancellation"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | This is not about a flight it is about the superb way Alitailia customer services handled our forced cancellation of a flight from Brindisi to Athens, my mother died and they handled the cancellation with efficiency and refunded the costs in a very timely manner, full marks to them.
RouteBrindisi to Athens via Rome

"my luggage was missing"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Milan Linate to Paris Orly. My flight (5.20pm) was canceled because of technical problems, I was first rescheduled on a flight to Paris Char de Gaulle (10.45 pm) and as I was a business traveller rescheduled on a flight to Orly leaving at 8.20 pm which took off at 10pm). Once arrived at Orly, my luggage was missing and I immediately did the baggage claim at the airport. From that moment, every day Alitalia's call center operators kept on calling me in the morning saying that my luggage was found, and when in the evening nothing happened, I called them back and the answer was always: "sorry, you luggage is still in research" - after 2 weeks, they finally found it in Orly, and from sept. 14 they keep on calling me saying that my luggage is arriving with the flight of the evening (9.35 pm). I went at the airport at that time, but the my luggage was still in Paris. I call them back, and they said that there where no room for my luggage in the airplane, it has happened also yesterday (15th) and today (16th). The last news is that "maybe" it will arrive tomorrow (17th) in the morning. In I bought new clothes and other utilities, sent them the receipts as they told me to do, but they never replied. I never experienced this kind of service.
RouteMilan Linate to Paris Orly
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"far from my expectation"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | It was as Business Class but I'm not sure with the seat because it's same with seat configuration of Economy Class with blocked for middle seat. No personal TV screen and without power supply. For a short flight, maybe it's enough but it's too far from my expectation for Business Class . Next other time I prefer Economy Class for aircraft with this seat configuration.
RoutePrague to Rome

"worst flying experience"

Verified Review | London to Milan return. Flight late by over 30 mins out and back. Insist on all hand luggage (except trolley bags) under seat - but no legroom and they charge extra for checked bags. Shambolic ground staff. No food available for purchase, only drinks are juice, water, tea and coffee. The worst flying experience in years!
AircraftAirbus A320
RouteMilan to London
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"worst flight experience ever"

Verified Review | London to Abu Dhabi via Rome. The worst flight experience ever. Firstly our luggages were lost when we got to Rome. No overnight bag was issued to us in Rome. When we got to Abu Dhabi one of our luggage was located damaged. Customer service have no idea what happened. For 6 days in Abu Dhabi, our luggage were not found. I called every day only to be told I will be call back. I spent almost all our travel money on replacing some of the items in my luggage. On our return to UK, I continued to contact the airline. They started a claim case only to discard it without inform me. I have sent many emails to Alitalia with no result. No response even after I sent them the requested receipts. 5 months later, I feel the need to write this review. I will never recommend Alitalia to my worst enemy left alone friends and families.
RouteLondon to Abu Dhabi via Rome
Date FlownApril 2017

"do not care about customers"

(Croatia)

Verified Review | In March I was flying from Split to Buenos Aires via Rome by Alitalia. Check in my suitcase in Split to my final destination Montevideo. When I landed in Buenos Aires, lady call me to info desk and she told me that my suitcase stuck in Rome airport. Since then till today I didn't saw my suitcase and I didn't received any money for lost. Till June I was sending e-mails to alitalia but they stop replying. Don't use this airline because they do not care about their customers. I'm trying to avoid any flight where Alitalia is involved.
RouteSplit to Buenos Aires via Rome
Date FlownMarch 2017

"not satisfied with service"

(Serbia)

Verified Review | Rome to Malaga. Because it was Alitalia ticket we could not check in online in Belgrade and we have to go earlier to the Airport to check in. They were waiting one hour to serve drinks in snack to avoid to serve passengers twice, even that was flight longer than 2 hours. They did not serve alchohol drinks, only non alcohol and some snacks. I am not satisfied with service. There is no flight entertaiment or wifi service (paid or free)
RouteRome to Malaga

"Service was marginal"

Verified Review | The evening flight from Rome to Amsterdam was very empty, only 35 were seats taken. Crew were very friendly and the flight arrived on time despite a slight delay in Rome. Service was marginal. Drink options were water, Cola and orange juice. Snack options were 'something sweet or salt'. I opted for the salt and it was a small bag of Italian cookies. I expected more from a national legacy carrier. Legroom on the Alitalia Airbus A321 is decent but not generous.
RouteRome to Amsterdam
Date FlownJuly 2017

"aircraft is comfortable, service just basic"

Verified Review | We booked our tickets Toronto to Rome on AZ 651, to leave Toronto at 22.45. The day before the flight we were informed that the flight had been cancelled and replaced by AZ8651, leaving 4 hours later (at 02.50 am). The consequence was that the airport lounge was closed, and dinner was served after departure, in the early morning hours: we chose to have just a light snack, counting on later breakfast (to be served in the late afternoon, Europe time), but then breakfast was just coffee. Obviously, the connecting transportation from Fiumicino was missed. No explanations or apologies were offered. Apart from that, the aircraft is comfortable, service just basic. One would expect more when travelling in Business Class.
RouteToronto to Rome
Date FlownJune 2017

"I get a bid to upgrade"

Verified Review | Tel Aviv to Chicago via Rome. I had booked a flight and the cheapest was a combination of economy, premium economy, and business. Weeks before I get a bid to upgrade, and I do so from premium economy to business on the long hauls. I bid the lowest, and it gets accepted. 165 eur from premium economy to business. Not bad. It was worth it because the seat I had in premium economy was 8L which has bad legroom and I was glad I didn't sit there. It has the divide in front of you. Yes the food was not Emirates I am sure. But value for money it was spot on. I am tall so my feet would not fit all the way on the completely lie flat seat. But if you are just a bit shorter, it must be amazing and people were sleeping all through. I never flew business in my life. At the end I ask if I can keep the two teaspoons as a souvenir. Before disembarking the flight attendant taps on my shoulder and offers me a bag. "Two teaspoons is not enough. With lots of affection to you". There is a coffee cup set inside.
AircraftA330-200