Venice Marco Polo Airport

Venice Marco Polo Airport customer review

We stayed in Venice and used the buses from Piazzale Roma to and from Marco Polo several times to meet family etc. The ATVO (blue buses) cost 3 euros and run every 20 minutes. The ACTV (orange buses) are the public buses only cost 1 euro but no luggage space and they stop several times between airport and Piazzale Roma. We found the blue buses very efficient and easy to use. You can buy tickets at the ATVO office in Piazzale Roma (not from ACTV office who also won't help you) and at the airport on the bus.

Venice Marco Polo Airport customer review

Rory says there are buses running regularly to Venice "old Town". I live near Venice and fly from Marco Polo a couple of times a month and can say from experience that the buses run to and from Mestre and are usually delayed. Marco Polo is a terrible place to find parking on the weekends and during most times in the year. Best to either have someone collect you hire a car or take a taxi to Mestre.

Venice Marco Polo Airport customer review

The new terminal is now open and is very nice and clean. Facilities are good and what we liked the most was the general attitude of the staff. I think this has been boosted by the move into the new building. The lounge we found very nice with a rooftop viewing terrace which my kids thought was great. The escalators are very steep and my 3 year old fell back on them. The staff were very attentive and could not do enough to make sure we were all OK.