Seattle Airport

"cheerful, humorous, kind"

Not Verified | There was a security officer named Williston who was cheerful, humorous, kind and absolutely over the top with positive energy who made our trip to the airport at 7 am, memorable and delightful. If more employees enjoyed their jobs and made it a point to enrich passengers' lives as he did, the world would be a better place.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"shocked at the dirty carpets"

Not Verified | Curbside check-in was a snap. The security line was almost empty. My wife has PreCheck and has to walkway down from the rest of the security and it took her three times as long to clear bag check/body scan as I did without PreCheck. We walked down to the gate and I was shocked at the dirty carpets. All kinds of food debris are on the floor, all over. There is no one cleaning or vacuuming and it is late afternoon. My wife dropped her coat on the floor and I was grossed out. We moved to the other side of the building to wait at Gate B9 vs Gate B10. Otherwise, the experience was uneventful. Nice sunset with a good view of the mountains. Then I got my bag in San Diego and someone has been through it. It is not a TSA inspection. One side has been ransacked. The strap I always put around the bag is gone and the stupid expanding section is now bellowed out. Inside the contents are as if they were tossed in a blender. What a mess. I don't know who or why but this is really bad news. SWA runs a great organization and I doubt they were the source of something nefarious. But it happened there and could not have happened on arrival because it came out with everyone elses. Who does that? How cheesey and lame. And I lost a bag strap that has been around the world with me for years.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"took out the water refill"

Not Verified | They re-did the airport and took out the water refill station so they can sell plastic bottles. A sales rep told me they removed the water fountains because the food court sells water? I'm very very disappointed. Seattle has been an environmental mainstay for decades and now - well!
Date VisitNovember 2019

"I love animals, just not in here"

Trip Verified | No place to sit. Friendly and helpful workers. Limited food selection. While it looks fairly clean it's not, it's like a dog park in here. Who wants to eat food that's been prepared and cooked with pet dander and hair that has to be everywhere, not to mention the people with allergies. Disgusting. I love animals, just not in here.

"most uncomfortable airport"

Not Verified | Thanks, Seattle. You have managed to make this the most uncomfortable airport I’ve ever been in. It didn’t use to be this way but you have totally screwed it up. There is no comfortable place to sit down if you’re on a long layover.

"nowhere to sit"

Trip Verified | I highly recommend skipping this airport! There is nowhere to sit. I am currently sitting on a bench down a hallway I found where employees take their breaks. They were kind enough to let me hang out. The bathroom was a mess. The layout is awful! It's crowded and hot. Lines to purchase food/drink are alarmingly long. Total chaos!
Date VisitOctober 2019

"told the queues to shut up and endure it"

Trip Verified | Until our last trip through Seattle, I thought that Dulles was the worst possible USA port of entry. No more. SeaTac is without question the worst customs/immigration experience in the first world. There were easily a thousand arrival passengers and only 6 immigration agents. There was a queue to get into the queue to use the passport scanners, and then a further queue to get to an agent. The queues were “managed” by college sophomores who were all on their first week on the job. The offered no explanation as to why the delays were so extensive, and basically told the queues to shut up and endure it. It took 3 hours from the time we got in line to the 15-second interview with the immigration agent. I will never, repeat, never book an international arrival to Seattle.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"A timely departure is rare"

Trip Verified | I am from Seattle, but have relocated elsewhere. I travel weekly for business. There are many well run airports in the country. SeaTac is not one of them. The busing to planes is a disaster. A timely departure is rare. I am currently sitting in a queue of 15 planes to depart 30 minutes late in perfect weather. If I didn’t live here, I would avoid this airport at all cost.

"recommend skipping Seattle"

Not Verified | This airport that is my home airport is just so bad especially when arriving from international travel. We were arriving from a very long flight with two small children and everything about that fact is just plain awful. There is a short walk to immigration, probably the only plus, and then the confusion begins. They won't have your stroller yet so you carry all of your luggage and small children. There is no family friendly or child friendly service. You wait in very long lines with very poor line management, changing the configuration willy nilly at will and people in the back of the line might be first ones through kind of deal. Then because their long lines are so terrible with poor customer service and direction usually your bags are out on baggage claim. Used to have to wait for that for hours but they've fixed that problem by delaying you elsewhere. Then our bag is lost and nobody knows where it is or really helps in any way. There is no convenient counter to offer assistance. Every person working there is like a free agent, not connected to the larger web. Then you wait in another line to get through baggage and when you voluntarily have one item checked out by animal control they rudely handle your stuff. Then when you finally find someone at a baggage counter and say 'hello' they don't bother looking up from their phone to say hi back and then are just so not helpful that you decide to run screaming out of this whole place and try your luck on the phone later because humans are incompetent. Lastly forget public transportation, this is also a joke. You now have to walk like a mile to the light rail without the stroller the airport lost and then get harassed by ticket enforcement for good measure. I truly and sincerely recommend skipping Seattle and i live here
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"there is nowhere to sit"

Not Verified | This airport is cramped and there is nowhere to sit while waiting for a flight. I am sitting on the floor in a corridor because every seat is taken. Limited charging stations. Even worse than Logan which I did not think possible.