Seattle Airport

"increase duty-free shops"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | My departure and arrival are here at Seattle-Tacoma airport were good. Starbucks was crowded by people but it is ok. In addition, the airport needs to increase duty-free shops.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"very pleased with customer service"

Not Verified | Although it seems that every time we fly into SeaTac, it is under construction, we were very pleased with customer service at check in, and gates. And TSA line very short. 4 days after Thanksgiving, it took 20 min to get from check-in to gate, which is unheard of. Good experience, except construction caused the terminal to be very cold.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"cheerful, humorous, kind"

Not Verified | There was a security officer named Williston who was cheerful, humorous, kind and absolutely over the top with positive energy who made our trip to the airport at 7 am, memorable and delightful. If more employees enjoyed their jobs and made it a point to enrich passengers' lives as he did, the world would be a better place.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"shocked at the dirty carpets"

Not Verified | Curbside check-in was a snap. The security line was almost empty. My wife has PreCheck and has to walkway down from the rest of the security and it took her three times as long to clear bag check/body scan as I did without PreCheck. We walked down to the gate and I was shocked at the dirty carpets. All kinds of food debris are on the floor, all over. There is no one cleaning or vacuuming and it is late afternoon. My wife dropped her coat on the floor and I was grossed out. We moved to the other side of the building to wait at Gate B9 vs Gate B10. Otherwise, the experience was uneventful. Nice sunset with a good view of the mountains. Then I got my bag in San Diego and someone has been through it. It is not a TSA inspection. One side has been ransacked. The strap I always put around the bag is gone and the stupid expanding section is now bellowed out. Inside the contents are as if they were tossed in a blender. What a mess. I don't know who or why but this is really bad news. SWA runs a great organization and I doubt they were the source of something nefarious. But it happened there and could not have happened on arrival because it came out with everyone elses. Who does that? How cheesey and lame. And I lost a bag strap that has been around the world with me for years.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"took out the water refill"

Not Verified | They re-did the airport and took out the water refill station so they can sell plastic bottles. A sales rep told me they removed the water fountains because the food court sells water? I'm very very disappointed. Seattle has been an environmental mainstay for decades and now - well!
Date VisitNovember 2019

"I love animals, just not in here"

Trip Verified | No place to sit. Friendly and helpful workers. Limited food selection. While it looks fairly clean it's not, it's like a dog park in here. Who wants to eat food that's been prepared and cooked with pet dander and hair that has to be everywhere, not to mention the people with allergies. Disgusting. I love animals, just not in here.

"most uncomfortable airport"

Not Verified | Thanks, Seattle. You have managed to make this the most uncomfortable airport I’ve ever been in. It didn’t use to be this way but you have totally screwed it up. There is no comfortable place to sit down if you’re on a long layover.

"nowhere to sit"

Trip Verified | I highly recommend skipping this airport! There is nowhere to sit. I am currently sitting on a bench down a hallway I found where employees take their breaks. They were kind enough to let me hang out. The bathroom was a mess. The layout is awful! It's crowded and hot. Lines to purchase food/drink are alarmingly long. Total chaos!
Date VisitOctober 2019

"told the queues to shut up and endure it"

Trip Verified | Until our last trip through Seattle, I thought that Dulles was the worst possible USA port of entry. No more. SeaTac is without question the worst customs/immigration experience in the first world. There were easily a thousand arrival passengers and only 6 immigration agents. There was a queue to get into the queue to use the passport scanners, and then a further queue to get to an agent. The queues were “managed” by college sophomores who were all on their first week on the job. The offered no explanation as to why the delays were so extensive, and basically told the queues to shut up and endure it. It took 3 hours from the time we got in line to the 15-second interview with the immigration agent. I will never, repeat, never book an international arrival to Seattle.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"A timely departure is rare"

Trip Verified | I am from Seattle, but have relocated elsewhere. I travel weekly for business. There are many well run airports in the country. SeaTac is not one of them. The busing to planes is a disaster. A timely departure is rare. I am currently sitting in a queue of 15 planes to depart 30 minutes late in perfect weather. If I didn’t live here, I would avoid this airport at all cost.
Date VisitSeptember 2019