Seattle Airport

"Seattle you can do better"

Trip Verified | Seattle is such an inefficient airport. The security lines are always long and slow. There has to be a better way. Then the airport gates are confusing. There are gates that are stacked (N gates) but there is no indication that there are more than one gate in that area. Seattle you can do better.
Date VisitNovember 2021

"Seattle seems to be a little improved"

Trip Verified | Seattle seems to be a little improved from three years ago, but still not great. Their N concourse has been beautifully redone, and is very modern, though the restroom wasn't very clean. Their B and C concourses, though, are still relics of the 1980s, old, cramped, vastly outdated, and with disgusting restrooms. The dining and bar options were/are plentiful, although overcrowded and overpriced even by standards of major hubs. The inter-concourse tram is nice and efficient. Customer service is about like I remember it, whether while dining in or at the boarding gate: courteous and polite, but kind of detached and aloof. I've never met any personnel in this airport who were either outright rude or outright bubbly, I guess that's just the Seattle way. Alaska and Delta have nice lounges there, and, again, the N concourse is nicely redone, so there is some incentive to transit through there more often in the future, but the airport still has a lot to be desired yet in terms of overall customer experience. If you're vacationing in the Pacific NW, I still recommend flying into Portland, Bellingham, or Vancouver, BC if you can help it.
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"This airport is filthy"

Trip Verified | This airport is filthy. I am sitting at C3. Trash in the main walkway and the carpets have trash, smashed, chunks and clubs of food all over the carpet everywhere I look. The bathrooms smelt, dirty and were out of soap. The taxes they charge to go through here are high, so one would expect cleanliness. I haven't seen one cleaner around either. Sad and embarrassing.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"Such a disappointment"

Trip Verified | Such a disappointment for the hub of my favorite airline: C concourse is filthy: Numerous travelers scheduled to department on flights later than 9pm, yet every business except the Hudson shops close at 9pm. Venture to the rotunda and same, the airport is shutting down while 100s of travelers are awaiting flights. Availability was already limited due to the port awarding contracts to new ventures and booting about long term airport tenants. I am sure COVID is the excuse for no new construction, but the huge amount of boarded up restaurant fronts has been around long before COVID.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"What a dump of an airport"

Trip Verified | What a dump of an airport. The C terminal is filthy. Very obvious that bathrooms are not regularly cleaned. Halls narrow. Poor signage. Arrived international. Jet bridge didn’t work. Pulled aircraft to another jet bridge, 30 min delay. Staff at bag transit were aloof looking at cell phones and chatting. I placed my two bags on the transit belt. Avoid Seattle. Long lines at restaurants that are open. Many are still closed.
Date VisitJune 2021

"ladies in security were so incredibly rude"

Not Verified | The ladies in security were so incredibly rude. I accidentally left my pepper spray on my keychain (I’m a 24-year-old woman who takes self defense seriously) and she picked it up out of my bin and aggressively said, “what is this? You can’t take this. What were you thinking?” In front of everyone in the security area. I couldn’t believe the condescending tone she had. She talked to me like I was a child slapping another on the playground. It was uncalled for. I can’t believe she gets away with this behavior.
Date VisitJune 2021

"One of the worst customer service experiences"

Not Verified | One of the worst customer service experiences at an airport. How did the people that work for the gates at Alaska get these jobs? They should definitely not be working in front of customers. They are the opposite of what you would want as customer service representatives. The service was fine until they (out of the blue) were rude.
Date VisitJune 2021

"Very crowded, fairly dirty and seems about 50 years out of date"

Trip Verified | I used to fly thru SEA 2 x month on business. I just came thru this week on round trip from BIL to DCA and back. Airport is same as I remember. Very crowded, fairly dirty and seems about 50 years out of date. Some of the terminals are so crowded that the air exchange cannot be close to good. Compared to Vancouver, Canada, DEN, Hong Kong, ABQ, etc it is pretty sad. I shows a very poor city and airport planning. I need to plan future travel thru DEN I am bringing a puppy home. The availability of dog area is poor. I walked to a boundary fence, went up a hill and had a small grassy area.
Date VisitMay 2021

"Horrible experience!"

Trip Verified | We had a flight at 9.25 am on a Sunday. We arrived at the airport shortly after 7.30 am and checked a bag. Then we had to walk the length of the terminal to get in line for security, which began out in the parking lot and wound around (for at least a half hour) and up some stairs into the building. We didn't get through security until 9.10. Our boarding pass (which we received that morning) listed the wrong gate, but since we were in a rush, we didn't stop to check it. By the time we reached the correct gate, at 9.20, we were told the doors had been closed and we missed the flight. Then we had to wait another half hour in line to get the next available flight, which was an unwelcome red-eye leaving at 9.45 pm, and our checked bag is at the wrong airport. Horrible experience!
Date VisitApril 2021

"30 min trek to the check in counter"

Trip Verified | Not surprised to see that there are only bad reviews of this airport...worst set up and flow of any airport I have ever been to. Seattle being such a “tech” city with so much money, one would think they could figure out how to plan a better airport. Recent multi-million dollar remodels didn’t help ...in fact I think they made it worse. Who came up with the idea to have to public transport’s last stop still be a 30 min trek to the check in counter? Is that the same person who decided to put the rental car return 2 elevators, a bus ride, and 3 escalators from the checkin desks? (Around 20 mins) No alcohol during Covid? How is that supposed to help ... we are in the middle of pandemic, a beer takes the edge off and numbs my aggressive hatred towards a stupid airport!!!
Date VisitDecember 2020