Rome Fiumicino Airport

Rome Fiumicino Airport customer review

Arrived in Rome from Toronto and by the time I got off the plane took the speedy shuttle to the baggage area and was out the front door was no more than 15 minutes! I didn't know why my baggag was the first out or why the customs officers who were talking among themsels just waived me through with a flash of my passport but who am I to complain? Leaving was a whole different story. Great difficulty finding my ticket counter. The customs checkpoint was horribly inadequate. 3 booths open when all flight passengers were bottlenecking into the area and one officer decided to close up and take his break. Many people were complaining and saying they were going to miss their flights. We let those people through to the head of the line. They really need to fix this. Once through however the terminal is neat and clean with good views.

Rome Fiumicino Airport customer review

Since I moved to Rome I use this airport several times a year and I still didn't get used to it. It's a zoo very very dirty sometimes I don't even go to the restroom even if I have too because of this reason airport and alitalia staff is really unpolite and unresponsive they rather talk to each other smoke or have a coffee then help customers. It usually takes more time to go through security check then the actual national flight time. When I have intercontinental flight I understood it's impossible to stop at duty free shop too crowded lines too long and rude staff. When I arrive at FCO is even worse i usually wait for 45-50 minutes in baggage claim area after a 1 hour flight. Not even 1 person from the airport staff is there restrrooms are dirty and some nasty police guards are making fun at passengers waiting for baggage a way too long. The overall impression is that nothing works and people who are working in the airport don't care at all. I don't pretend it to be like HK airpot but at least something more near to an hub then a zoo.