Rome Fiumicino Airport

"was a flight within the Schengen area"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Flew in from Spain and arrived in Terminal 3, which is apparently for flights arriving from outside the EU. We were directed to immigration and passport control, which is absurd since this was a flight within the Schengen area. Nobody had their passports with them and when pointed out to the airport staff they were extremely rude and would not listen. After the control which had to be based in IDs since nobody had their passports with them, we arrived to a tiny space where there were only two luggage carrousels but the screens were not showing where to pick up our bags. There was a help phone that nobody answered and no staff at all to ask, so passengers were puzzled, having no idea what to do. After 10 minutes somebody showed up to inform that our bags would have to be picked up at terminal 1, and since we were in terminal 3 we would need to leave the secured arrival area, walk to terminal 1, go through security again to get into the secured area and then pick our bags. Needless to say, the signs to get from terminal 3 to terminal 1 inside the building are nowhere to be seen, you need to get outside on the street to see them.
Date VisitAugust 2022

"Very long queuing time"

Trip Verified | Very long queuing time. Careless staff. We stayed here as we were leaving Rome. The check in was a wait as they only had two people on for regular passengers and one person working for the members only.
Date VisitJune 2022

"Very good airport and good staff"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Very good airport and good staff. It took us 45 minutes from the train to the gate. It was very crowded but the staff was effective and friendly. Many airport in Europe has problems with crowds because of the politicians who made flying impossible during covid. But this airport managed all well.
Date VisitJune 2022

"amazed by the inefficiency of the staff at the airport"

(Netherlands Antilles)

Not Verified | Being a very frequent flyer all over the world I was really amazed by the inefficiency of the staff at the airport, as well ground stewardesses as security staff. I will try to avoid this airport whenever possible in the future.

"A very good experience"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Best airport experience after travelling in many more countries! Check in and security control was easy and fast. E area is wonderful with lots of fantastic store to shopping with duty free. Restroom clean and easy to find, staff in all airport was very kind to help you and guide you. A very good experience that made me start and end my travel in a very good mood! Keep the hard working!
Date VisitMay 2022

"ground handling crew was not capable of putting my luggage in the plane"

(Portugal)

Not Verified | The airport itself was good and the toilets clean. The problem was that, even with plenty of time between flights, the ground handling crew was not capable of putting my luggage in the plane for the last leg of the trip. This is not the first time it happens when I transit through Rome and a family member who did the exact same trip four days before me had exactly the same issue. The bags where tagged with a transit and priority label, which I expected it would help to ensure the bags would get to my final destination.
Date VisitJanuary 2022

"Perfect balance of efficiency and politeness"

Not Verified | I don’t usually write airport reviews as they are usually average or bad - but today I had such a good experience that it is worth giving it a 10/10 rating. As a drummer I was flying with my cymbals in a 22" bag which you’d normally struggle to run past metal detectors as it’s quite large. Both the people at check in and security were so polite and helpful though that they got me through a fast track route without creating a massive queue for other passengers despite he special baggage. In most other airports I would have either missed my flight or had to abandon 2000€ worth of gear. Perfect balance of efficiency and politeness. On top of that toilets are clean, while bars restaurants and shops can compete with Harrods or most other high end department stores. As an architect o have to say the design of some areas could be improved, but from a user experience point of view it’s definitely top class.
Date VisitJanuary 2022

"In one word it is awful"

(Bosnia and Herzegovina)

Not Verified | In one word it is awful. I am travelling a lot in the last 15 years but have never met unfriendly, rude and arrogant staff people like in Rome. Asking them to help about something is a waste of time. I have my return to work ticket through this airport and have to use it. However, I will do my best to travel never again through this airport. Also, I will strongly advise all people I know to avoid it. Disaster! Due to arrangement of flights I had my boarding cards from my initial destination through Ethiopia to Rome but I did not have boarding card to final destination until 2 hours before flight even though I spent 14 hours at airport. All that time, they rejected to sell me food, drinks, cigarettes as I do not have a boarding card. They acted so rudely.
Date VisitNovember 2021

"Excellent experience"

Not Verified | Excellent experience. Spacious, clean and efficient, and very helpful staff. It is large, but that allows the space to be used efficiently without any sense of crowding. Security and border control went quickly and efficiently.
Date VisitOctober 2021

"by far the worst airport experience of my life"

Trip Verified | The worst airport by far. As a traveler I can confidently say that this is by far the worst airport experience of my life. They make people to stand in one line for several flights. One check in desk for several flights. The staff are super rude and disrespectful. Gates are way too far away from the lounge and you would have to walk at least 10 minutes before reaching your gate. The customs office employees are a joke. Overall everything bad at this airport. If you have to come to Italy or spend a few days, I would suggest avoiding this airport. Take a train and go to Florence or Milan and then depart from their airports instead of this garbage airport.
Date VisitSeptember 2021