Rome Fiumicino Airport

"no visual notification of the delay"

Not Verified | We have been standing in a queue to board on the plane to Catania for 1 hour at least. The boarding was meant to start at 12.10 and the flight to depart at 12.45. However it is 13.05 and I am not even on my plane. The ground steward told me the delay was announced on the speaker, however me and my partner did not hear anything when we were queuing with other people at 12:10 and there was no visual notification of the delay.
Date VisitDecember 2019

26th December 2019 : Rome Fiumicino Airport response

Dear Di Salvo, thanks for reporting this. Learning about the experience of our passengers is very important to grow the quality of our services. We would like to understand better what happened, could you please fill in the online form explaining what occurred to you in detail and when: http://www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-roma-en-/suggestions-and-complaints ? Thanks for cooperation

"a very nice airport"

Not Verified | Overall a very nice airport. Our arrival was efficient and we waited no more than 15 minutes for our bags then easily found our way to the train station to take the non-stop service to the city centre. There are plenty of ticket machines on the way to the train station to stop and buy tickets with instructions in all main languages, plus there were staff on hand to help if required. On departure, we made our way to T3 and ate a lovely lunch in Ciao Gourmet Market, which although hard to find was pleasantly quiet apart from a few flight crew. The new area of T3 is like a shopping mall with the usual high-end brands. My only observation was that there was a lack of seating in this area. Otherwise, it was bright and airy and very clean. Our return flight was around 1-hour late leaving so we spent a fair bit of time at the airport and given our experience, I really don't understand the low rating.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"the worst experience I have received"

Trip Verified | Absolutely the worst experience I have received in a European airport. Staff are extremely rude with no interpersonal skills whatsoever. I was pushed and my luggage thrown by customs officer, who spoke no other language, but Italian. Seeking for a manager to resolve this despicable incident led to nothing. Check-in counter officers have no knowledge of entry permits / visas - the lady asked for my visa to EU destination, when I hold an EU Passport. Avoid this airport at all costs, it’s much better to travel to Rome via train.
Date VisitOctober 2019

18th October 2019 : Rome Fiumicino Airport response

Dear Andrews thanks for reporting this. Learning about the experience of our passengers is very important to grow the quality of our services and the customer orientation of all ground airport operators. Airports are complex structures, with the presence of personnel from multiple companies, not all directly managed by Aeroporti di Roma. We would like to understand better what happened, could you please fill in the online form explaining what occurred to you in detail and when: http://www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-roma-en-/suggestions-and-complaints ? Thanks for cooperation

"this was a terrible experience"

Not Verified | This is the worst airport customs I have ever experienced. There is not even close to enough employees working to accommodate the influx of travelers. I waited for over 3 hours just in the customs line and missed my train. Furthermore, it was an overly hot temperature and I felt unwell the entire time, with no employee in site to ask for help or to inquire about further duration of wait. I will never fly into this airport again, this was a terrible experience and is truly unacceptable for a major city.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"more form over function"

Not Verified | No free water stations or children's play area, more form over function. Very expensive and food court too busy to be enjoyable. Lighting is unattractive.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Shopping service is very good"

(China)

Trip Verified | Shopping guidance service is very good. Can be more clean. Reasonable zone split and enough luggage cars. Clear signs and road map. 10 minutes walking from train station.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Keep on with the good job"

Trip Verified | I can't figure out such a low rating. Drop off and security checks are always a 5 minute thing. Stores are nice, as well as restaurants and fast foods. I have only visited the Alitalia lounge at T1, which is quite comfortable (something more could be done on the food part). Clean toilets all around the airport. Keep on with the good job!
Date VisitJune 2019

"Luggage came out quite fast"

(Myanmar)

Trip Verified | In/out of FCO multiple times on this trip using T1 and T3. LIS-FCO sector on arrived at T1 - Luggage came out very quick. Immigration line was reasonable quick. The Leonardo Express train is very frequent to the city center and ticket machines are available at both the terminal and at the station. FCO-Bari: Domestic sector at T1 - gates at the lower level (all passengers are bussed to the planes parked at a remote stands) is just jammed packed. You can't even walk to the washroom straight. Had to navigate through people as if walking in Times Square New York. Overcapacity is the word to describe. It's better stay at upper level. Security was quite efficient to keep the line moving. Bari-FCO: was uneventful. Luggage came out quite fast. FCO-ARN: At T3 - Check-in line was confusing as lines snaked around and the space was limited and lines blocked the common foot traffic area and hard to get around to other side. Shops were quite attractive. This is much better terminal than T1. Security line moved quite well. Toilets were kept clean.

"very good experience"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | I am not sure why the overall rating is 3/10 or 4/10 or something. I had a very good experience at this airport for departing on a long-haul flight to Seoul. Even if the check-in counter and the fast track was on the other sides, it only takes about 3 minutes. The signs: Great. A 5/5. Queueing Times: Since I have access to fast track, it took me 5 minutes to the airside. It was cleaner than I have been expected. On the airside, even though I did not try the restaurants, I will mark the food when I am in the lounge. The lounge food was good, spacious. I bought 4 wines and the customer agents were friendly and efficient. Even I did not use the wifi, it was pretty fast. Great airport, coming there again.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"Personal Shopper Service recommended"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | The Personal Shopper Service at this airport is highly recommended to travelers who would like to enjoy comfortable and cozy shopping experiences. This is my second time to use this service and I’m totally satisfied with it! Thanks to my professional and reliable shopping assistant, I could obtain her professional advice and with her help check, reserve, and order my favorite products at airport in advance. Besides, she also played an important role and took much effort in communicating with airport sales agents before and upon my arrival at the airport, and perfectly accomplished mission to get what I wanted for me! I will definitely use such service each time I visit Rome, and also recommend to you.