Rome Fiumicino Airport

"Personal Shopper Service recommended"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | The Personal Shopper Service at this airport is highly recommended to travelers who would like to enjoy comfortable and cozy shopping experiences. This is my second time to use this service and I’m totally satisfied with it! Thanks to my professional and reliable shopping assistant, I could obtain her professional advice and with her help check, reserve, and order my favorite products at airport in advance. Besides, she also played an important role and took much effort in communicating with airport sales agents before and upon my arrival at the airport, and perfectly accomplished mission to get what I wanted for me! I will definitely use such service each time I visit Rome, and also recommend to you.
Date VisitJune 2019

"disorganised, chaotic experience"

Not Verified | I was in transit from Malta on the way to Abu Dhabi. Transit time from exit of the plane to boarding the next was 1hr 45min. Going through the passport check it was the most disorganised, chaotic experience. There were people jumping queues and there were not enough staff checking passports. My check in to board the plane had started and I was still waiting to get my passport sighted. I would do everything to ensure that I will avoid this airport in the future but if I have no choice I will ensure that I allow more transit time.
Date VisitJune 2019

24th June 2019 : Rome Fiumicino Airport response

Dear Reno, thanks for reporting this. Learning about the experience of our passengers is very important to grow the quality of our services and the customer orientation of all ground airport operators. Airports are complex structures, with the presence of personnel from multiple companies, not all directly managed by Aeroporti di Roma. In order to identify the responsibilities correctly could you please fill in the online form explaining what occurred to you in detail: http://www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-roma-en-/suggestions-and-complaints Your reporting will allow us to verify the incident with the interested parties and will open a quality enquiry to improve the standard of the services offered.

"We’d recommend anyone use this service"

Not Verified | This review is specific to the personal shopper service. I have nothing but excellent things to say about this shopping experience! We were on a very tight layover at Rome and contacted the personal shopper service to reserve a Fendi purse for us a day in advance. Through WhatsApp we were able to work with them to reserve the purse, and arrange for it to be quickly paid for and picked up on the day of our travel. The entire process was so easy and the shoppers were extremely helpful and polite. We’d recommend anyone use this service!

"Very good overall"

Trip Verified | Very good overall. Signage was clear from deplaning to immigration (I came here to join a cruise and the cruise also terminated here). Immigration through passport control took less than 10 minutes, immigration officer incoming was polite. It was easy to find the people to take me and other passengers to the cruise ship. Outgoing, personnel were helpful, check-in was quick (Delta), and the security people were efficient. 5 minutes to go through exit passport control, the officer was polite. My boarding pass outbound was stamped "SSSS," but the security personnel at the little alcove at the gate for the extra check were quick (less than 5 minutes) and polite. However, when I departed, it certainly seemed that the incoming queue to passport control was very long! (about 9:30am on a Saturday). Airport has an attached Hilton hotel. Train to central city available. Many shops and restaurants. Alitalia (affiliated with Detla) lounge pleasant and quiet.
Date VisitMay 2019

"it was a stress free experience"

Not Verified | Rome airport is a vast airport lying aprox 50 minutes bus ride from Rome centre. On arrival at T3 from Manchester it was a surprisingly long walk to immigration and passport control but surprisingly no queues at passport control. For a large international airport I was expecting a delay. When we arrived at Baggage reclaim the bags were already on the carousel. Again another long walk to customs and out of the terminal. Onward transport links are good just be aware that many taxi touts are in the hall guiding you to expensive limousine hire. The buses run from the far end of T3 to Termini in Rome for €8 per person. A tip here is to buy online before arriving at Rome airport as not only do you get lower fares but also priority boarding. There is another bus that serves a number of stops, If memory serves me right “Teravision” that goes to Termini via the vatican city area of Rome near Castel Saint Angelo but you’ll have to ask which bus it is. Again key is to prebook. The train terminal is directly across from T3 where you can get trains to Termini but the difference in price for the time saving of ten minutes didn’t seem worth it to us as you see more on the bus. On our departure a few days later we found signage easier to follow than at Manchester and even without fast pass for security the trip through security was pleasant and uneventful with very polite officials. Passport control again no queuing and polite. T3 is full of great designer boutiques as well as duty free shops and coffee bars. The seating is very comfortable with clear departure boards around. The free wifi is good and supports video streaming comfortably. There’s also phone charging points available. Getting to the gate is easy with a short walk to a fast shuttle train to the gate. Once seated comfortably though onboard, theres just the matter of a very long taxi and hold before you get to take off. Only problem with big airports I suppose but for me Rome airport is one of favourites as unlike Manchester airport it was a stress free experience.
Date VisitApril 2019

"I got through fairly quickly"

Not Verified | Terminal 3. A very pleasant surprise. I arrived by train which worked out well. Terminal building appeared fairly new and well-designed. Security was very well organised and I got through fairly quickly. There was a good range of food outlets airside. Quality was fresh and prices were not excessive. Far better than what I had been expecting.
Date VisitMay 2019

"out to strip every dime from you"

Not Verified | Fiumicino in Rome is out to strip every dime from you before you board the plane. Upon entering and going through security there are stores upon stores just waiting for you to be tempted to purchase duty free aka tax free. The cashiers are rude, there is no one to direct or help all the confused looking departing passengers.
Date VisitMay 2019

"there is no customer service at all"

Not Verified | Where do I start, I missed the tax return area when going through passport check point. After realizing this I tried to find out where it was to go back. Let me summarize. The police here at Fiumicino are rude, disrespectful and there is no customer service at all. They should be taught some American manners. The Airports main objective is to sell sell and continue us to rip you of more $ before you take off. I’ve had enough of Italy and Fiumicino.

"really great experience"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | The personal shopper service is the best service among I have experienced services ever. It was my honeymoon trip to Paris and Italy, and i could save my a lot of time and buy good items my wife wanted. Thanks for convenience from personal shoppers and their effort. It was really great experience in Rome.
Date VisitApril 2019

"would highly recommend"

Not Verified | Recently had a 2.5 hour stopover in Rome Fiumicino airport. The free international shopping concierge service is fantastic! They successfully helped me to reserve every item I wanted 7 days in advance to my arrival and once I landed we quickly were able to make all the purchases and head to my connecting flight. I would highly recommend their shopping team!
Date VisitMarch 2019