Rome Fiumicino Airport

"more form over function"

Not Verified | No free water stations or children's play area, more form over function. Very expensive and food court too busy to be enjoyable. Lighting is unattractive.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Shopping service is very good"

(China)

Trip Verified | Shopping guidance service is very good. Can be more clean. Reasonable zone split and enough luggage cars. Clear signs and road map. 10 minutes walking from train station.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Keep on with the good job"

Trip Verified | I can't figure out such a low rating. Drop off and security checks are always a 5 minute thing. Stores are nice, as well as restaurants and fast foods. I have only visited the Alitalia lounge at T1, which is quite comfortable (something more could be done on the food part). Clean toilets all around the airport. Keep on with the good job!
Date VisitJune 2019

"Luggage came out quite fast"

(Myanmar)

Trip Verified | In/out of FCO multiple times on this trip using T1 and T3. LIS-FCO sector on arrived at T1 - Luggage came out very quick. Immigration line was reasonable quick. The Leonardo Express train is very frequent to the city center and ticket machines are available at both the terminal and at the station. FCO-Bari: Domestic sector at T1 - gates at the lower level (all passengers are bussed to the planes parked at a remote stands) is just jammed packed. You can't even walk to the washroom straight. Had to navigate through people as if walking in Times Square New York. Overcapacity is the word to describe. It's better stay at upper level. Security was quite efficient to keep the line moving. Bari-FCO: was uneventful. Luggage came out quite fast. FCO-ARN: At T3 - Check-in line was confusing as lines snaked around and the space was limited and lines blocked the common foot traffic area and hard to get around to other side. Shops were quite attractive. This is much better terminal than T1. Security line moved quite well. Toilets were kept clean.

"very good experience"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | I am not sure why the overall rating is 3/10 or 4/10 or something. I had a very good experience at this airport for departing on a long-haul flight to Seoul. Even if the check-in counter and the fast track was on the other sides, it only takes about 3 minutes. The signs: Great. A 5/5. Queueing Times: Since I have access to fast track, it took me 5 minutes to the airside. It was cleaner than I have been expected. On the airside, even though I did not try the restaurants, I will mark the food when I am in the lounge. The lounge food was good, spacious. I bought 4 wines and the customer agents were friendly and efficient. Even I did not use the wifi, it was pretty fast. Great airport, coming there again.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"Personal Shopper Service recommended"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | The Personal Shopper Service at this airport is highly recommended to travelers who would like to enjoy comfortable and cozy shopping experiences. This is my second time to use this service and I’m totally satisfied with it! Thanks to my professional and reliable shopping assistant, I could obtain her professional advice and with her help check, reserve, and order my favorite products at airport in advance. Besides, she also played an important role and took much effort in communicating with airport sales agents before and upon my arrival at the airport, and perfectly accomplished mission to get what I wanted for me! I will definitely use such service each time I visit Rome, and also recommend to you.

"disorganised, chaotic experience"

Not Verified | I was in transit from Malta on the way to Abu Dhabi. Transit time from exit of the plane to boarding the next was 1hr 45min. Going through the passport check it was the most disorganised, chaotic experience. There were people jumping queues and there were not enough staff checking passports. My check in to board the plane had started and I was still waiting to get my passport sighted. I would do everything to ensure that I will avoid this airport in the future but if I have no choice I will ensure that I allow more transit time.

24th June 2019 : Rome Fiumicino Airport response

Dear Reno, thanks for reporting this. Learning about the experience of our passengers is very important to grow the quality of our services and the customer orientation of all ground airport operators. Airports are complex structures, with the presence of personnel from multiple companies, not all directly managed by Aeroporti di Roma. In order to identify the responsibilities correctly could you please fill in the online form explaining what occurred to you in detail: http://www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-roma-en-/suggestions-and-complaints Your reporting will allow us to verify the incident with the interested parties and will open a quality enquiry to improve the standard of the services offered.

"We’d recommend anyone use this service"

Not Verified | This review is specific to the personal shopper service. I have nothing but excellent things to say about this shopping experience! We were on a very tight layover at Rome and contacted the personal shopper service to reserve a Fendi purse for us a day in advance. Through WhatsApp we were able to work with them to reserve the purse, and arrange for it to be quickly paid for and picked up on the day of our travel. The entire process was so easy and the shoppers were extremely helpful and polite. We’d recommend anyone use this service!
Date VisitMay 2019

"Very good overall"

Trip Verified | Very good overall. Signage was clear from deplaning to immigration (I came here to join a cruise and the cruise also terminated here). Immigration through passport control took less than 10 minutes, immigration officer incoming was polite. It was easy to find the people to take me and other passengers to the cruise ship. Outgoing, personnel were helpful, check-in was quick (Delta), and the security people were efficient. 5 minutes to go through exit passport control, the officer was polite. My boarding pass outbound was stamped "SSSS," but the security personnel at the little alcove at the gate for the extra check were quick (less than 5 minutes) and polite. However, when I departed, it certainly seemed that the incoming queue to passport control was very long! (about 9:30am on a Saturday). Airport has an attached Hilton hotel. Train to central city available. Many shops and restaurants. Alitalia (affiliated with Detla) lounge pleasant and quiet.
Date VisitMay 2019

"it was a stress free experience"

Not Verified | Rome airport is a vast airport lying aprox 50 minutes bus ride from Rome centre. On arrival at T3 from Manchester it was a surprisingly long walk to immigration and passport control but surprisingly no queues at passport control. For a large international airport I was expecting a delay. When we arrived at Baggage reclaim the bags were already on the carousel. Again another long walk to customs and out of the terminal. Onward transport links are good just be aware that many taxi touts are in the hall guiding you to expensive limousine hire. The buses run from the far end of T3 to Termini in Rome for €8 per person. A tip here is to buy online before arriving at Rome airport as not only do you get lower fares but also priority boarding. There is another bus that serves a number of stops, If memory serves me right “Teravision” that goes to Termini via the vatican city area of Rome near Castel Saint Angelo but you’ll have to ask which bus it is. Again key is to prebook. The train terminal is directly across from T3 where you can get trains to Termini but the difference in price for the time saving of ten minutes didn’t seem worth it to us as you see more on the bus. On our departure a few days later we found signage easier to follow than at Manchester and even without fast pass for security the trip through security was pleasant and uneventful with very polite officials. Passport control again no queuing and polite. T3 is full of great designer boutiques as well as duty free shops and coffee bars. The seating is very comfortable with clear departure boards around. The free wifi is good and supports video streaming comfortably. There’s also phone charging points available. Getting to the gate is easy with a short walk to a fast shuttle train to the gate. Once seated comfortably though onboard, theres just the matter of a very long taxi and hold before you get to take off. Only problem with big airports I suppose but for me Rome airport is one of favourites as unlike Manchester airport it was a stress free experience.
Date VisitApril 2019