Paphos Airport

Paphos Airport customer review

I would agree with all the previous comments made by passengers unlucky enough to experience Paphos Airport and would concur that the new terminal will be a blessing. However one thing I would add - watch out for the army of ants that inhabit the eating area opposite Gate 3. The seats were lovely and comfy-looking so we headed there for the long wait. But before long the floor beneath us was overrun with ants. The airport was packed to capacity (and more!) so there was nowhere else to sit and wait in the heat. Consequently shoes bags and bare feet were all consigned to the seats! And we itched and scratched for 2 hours.

Paphos Airport customer review

Paphos airport is a shambles. Not only do you have to queue for about 4 hours outside in the heat to check in once you get to the departure lounge there is hardly any seating available. In our case we got checked in quite quickly as we were at the front of the queue but to relieve the pressure in the departure lounge they got us on the plane consequently we were sat on the plane for 4 hrs cramped up and in the heat. The whole experience spoiled what had been a lovely holiday

Paphos Airport customer review

I've been in and out of Paphos Airport on numerous occasions. It is no worse than my one experience with Manchester when it comes to chaos and queues. Common sense tells you it's not possible to process 20 coachloads of bodies simultaneously. Much the same as any airport serving package holiday tourists. I'm not aware it makes any claims to be sophisticated - it serves it's purpose. As for the staff - I think they do a good job.

Paphos Airport customer review

In view of the fact the Paphos area is growing at an alarming rate the airport terminal and facilities cannot cope. Additionally having seen the apparent superstructure of the proposed new airport terminal which I believe is due to open late 2008 I cannot for one moment consider that this terminal will be any better. It looks no larger in size than the current building. Regretfully both my wife and I will not be returning to this part of Cyprus in the forseable future

Paphos Airport customer review

Departed from Paphos Airport on the above date bound for Manchester. Confirm experience of previous reports. An absolute shambles and disgrace. It took 1.5 hours to check in and then spent further 1.5 hours queuing for security checks snaking round the car park. Security when reached seemed perfunctory at best when compared to say Manchester. Avoid if at all possible!

Paphos Airport customer review

Based on my last two departures from PFO on a Wednesday in the past month ie long queues outside in the baking heat discourteous staff and poor (non existent actually) security I can safely say that any business I have with Cyprus is at an end and I hope I never ever have the misfortune of setting foot in that airport again. I doubt whether the new terminal will be any better. The previous post to this is correct the airport authorities should be ashamed of themselves and bear all responsibility for people not coming back to Cyprus and supporting their economy solely on the way they are treated.

Paphos Airport customer review

The management of this airport should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. Everyone stuck in a queue snaking all the way round the building and back to the road to get through a (so-called) security check- in blazing sunshine around 90 degrees- young children babies the elderly wheelchair bound people - disgraceful.

Paphos Airport customer review

I'd heard that PFO on a Wednesday is a form of hell-on-earth. Seeing however is believing and it appears all that I'd been told was true. We arrived early enough for our flight to DSA such that check in queues were minimal and we managed to get airside fairly soon after our arrival. Departure lounge a joke. Inadequate number of seats meant people sitting on any usable surface - floor tables everything. Each time a flight was called people scrambled for the seats vacated by those who had gone to board. I was fortunate to secure two for my elderly grandparents who were travelling with us - how can they be expected to stand? Things got worse when departures board screen broke down so no- one had any info on gates or boarding times. When I asked an attendant she just shrugged and said to 'listen extra hard'. However it was evident by the number of final calls for individual passengers that this was causing problems. Finally our flight was called and we were put in a holding area to catch a bus to the plane. At first it seemed we would only be there a few moments but in the end we were there for about half an hour with no AC and not enough seats to go around. Given that this is Cyprus's second international airport it is nothing short of a disaster. A new terminal is being built but as one sees when taxing past the construction site it is still a long way from completion.

Paphos Airport customer review

Just returned and have to say its an absolute disaster area. Too many flights in all at once and not enough room for all the waiting passengers absolute disgrace in 2007 to be treated like cattle. New terminal being built but another 2 years yet so avoid if you can!

Paphos Airport customer review

Waiting at an airport is rarely pleasant but it can be at PFO. The Arrivals facilities are very basic and baggage took a while to arrive but my tour operator was very organised and it was pretty painless outside. For the return journey we made our way to the airport independently and had a long time to wait. However you could sit by the sea only 200m away or outside at a basic cafe. Check-in even in the face of multiple Thomson flights was very quick. The security queue was long but moved steadily. I think they're making quite an effort in the departure lounge and I thought lunch entirely satisfactory if expensive. There were a number of facilities and the outside seating area is very pleasant and would be much more so if all the smokers were removed. It seems to me that the number of transfer buses is inadequate so that when the Thomson peak gets going it is hardly possible for them to the load the outbounds and unload the inbounds very effectively. New building is under construction and I am sure it will be much better but Cyprus is so beautiful it is already worth going.