Paphos Airport

"the staff were rude and moody"

Not Verified | Absolutely awful. They wouldn’t let us get through security as we were “too early” even though there was 2.5 hours to the flight and we wanted to get food. Going through security the staff were rude and moody. I was searched a bit too thoroughly that made me feel quite uncomfortable (and I’ve been body searched by security many times in many airports). Once we finally got through security to get some food, there wasn’t another single passenger which made me question why they didn’t want us to go though earlier if it wasn’t busy. I got food from the food village, from the noodle place. Extremely over priced (€12.70 for small box of noodles, €3.50 for a can of soft drink) but that’s not even my problem. Although there was no customers around, just myself, and plenty of staff, they were too busy talking to each other to even notice me. Once they finally did, a staff member wearing a blue polo top started picking out food from the self service buffet and eating it without paying. (Maybe this is allowed, I'm unsure). They all continued to chat without acknowledging me once. Once I got to pay, the woman at the till was also talking to her colleague and eating at the till. Not even a single smile or greeting. She shouted from across the canteen to ask the server what I had ordered instead of asking me. I never write reviews because I usually don’t care that much but this is the worst airport I have ever been to. The staff are rude and inconsiderate. The food is bad and overpriced. Avoid at all costs.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"staff are rude to say the least"

(Israel)

Not Verified | I am traveling a lot and never have I encountered such a behavior. The staff are rude to say the least. When they sceeen your bags they want the cables for the computwr to be out of thw bag. They do not tell you this in advance so you have to scan the bag twice. I saw an elderly person that does not hear too well that they shout on him to move faster. Worst airport I have ever been to.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"security took around 1 hour"

Trip Verified | The airport is basic, a few shops and food outlets which would be all you really need at an airport, but this is let down by terrible security staff, who do not apply the same standards to every passenger. I make approximately 50 flights each year from various airports, and because of this I am aware of security and prepare before joining the line. I know not to have any metal objects on my person, I know to separate my iPads from my carry-on bag for screening. And I know not to carry liquids etc over 100ml. I was therefore surprised to be the only passenger in the line to be asked to remove shoes (which were basic plain leather shoes which no metal parts whatsoever). Others wearing boots, and shoes with metal parts were not asked to remove them. Last year on my last journey through this airport, they confiscated my 75ml aftershave, according to them it was not allowed. The journey before that they confiscated my roll-on deodorant again less than 100ml, and actually purchased at Stansted airport on my outward journey. I am not saying that I don’t agree with security procedures which are there to keep us safe, but what I disagree with is the inconsistency in how these are applied to passengers. Why say up to 100ml is allowed, then confiscate smaller amounts 75ml aftershave, travel deodorant etc. Today arrived at the airport at 4 am for a 6 am flight, checked in online. But the security queue was slow and took around 1 hour!
Date VisitNovember 2019

"I was really grateful"

Not Verified | I arrived at Paphos airport on the 6th November 2019 and I lost my wallet. I got in touch with my holiday rep at jet2 and reported this to which she said she would get back to me which she did the following day. I was quite surprised to hear it had been handed in and I picked it up at the airport the following week on the day I was returning back to the UK. I never asked if a name was left who had found it but whoever it was I was really grateful and also to the Swiss port staff who accompanied me to the police dept there who had my wallet, so thank you to all of you the police also keeping it and getting it back to me.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"we were treated very well"

Not Verified | I had wheelchair assistance for my husband, when we landed at Paphos the assistant was very courteous and took us right through to the baggage reclaim and made sure we were ok. We had the same young man when we left Paphos, he was extremely helpful. I can honestly say we were treated very well.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"What a pointless little airport"

Trip Verified | What a pointless little airport. For the people traffic through it! It seems unsafe. Through a boarding pass check which bottle noses into a bag check and we sheep through the barriers. Into a passport check? It took 55 minutes from the boarding check to get through. Maybe it was a busy day? Not enough seats for people leaving, which there were 100s if not a 1000 or more. Food was expensive, always is at airports. Shops were small and disappointing but they were the only places with space to stand without feeling like a battery caged chicken. And supposedly a “silent airport”, so with no seats and people just standing around the screens made it very uncomfortable. Toilets clean, positive. Seats, negative.
Date VisitMay 2019

"cannot compliment the service highly enough"

Trip Verified | Flying at 15.15 on 8th May with TUI to the UK. I cannot compliment the service highly enough. The airport was clean, as were the toilets, and the friendliness and efficiency of the staff was a credit to all. The big surprise was the smoking area after security, which is a very pleasant place, unlike many other UK and European smoking areas. (I don't smoke by the way!) Please pass on my respect and appreciation to all staff.
Date VisitMay 2019

"Staff are very helpful"

Not Verified | Twice we have used wheelchair assistance at the airport. Both times we have experienced first class service from arriving to departing. Staff are very helpful and cannot do enough. We would highly recommend
Date VisitApril 2019

"No access to free drinking water"

Not Verified | No access to free drinking water in departures! Should be a human right. Lots of other airports now provide this facility and it's time Cyprus did the same.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"Absolutely appalling treatment"

Trip Verified | Absolutely appalling treatment. As I stood in line waiting to put my hand luggage through security I looked around and saw a security guard making a woman lift her top. There were a lot of people around both male and female. I thought how appalling it was to treat a female in this manner. My son, his partner and my husband all went through the metal detector contraption without a hitch. I go through and it beeps but I know I have nothing metal on me or in me. I am stood to the side of the security conveyor belt flanked by two security guards, not frisked or any explanation given! This other security guard then marches over and takes my arm escorting me to the end of the conveyor belt opposite. She swabs the backs of my hands and then the palms of my hands. She then asks me to lift my top up to which I said no that’s rude. I am 62 years of age slightly overweight and there are lots of men and others about the area. I got tearful and she then realised just how upset I had become! She then said just random tests, well sorry not good enough! She then asks where my things are where upon my husband comes along and says they are here, she then swabs them and comes back to say I am free to go. Totally, totally utterly unacceptable behaviour. Yes security does need to be tight but it needs to be human a, considerate and most of all respectful. If they are going to undertake such intrusive tests on travellers there should be a room or a screen for the travellers to stand behind. Indeed my husband told me that there was a gentleman after me who they wanted to roll up his trouser legs, he replied no way and dropped his trousers, they were then embarrassed as they deserved to be. I do not say this lightly but I will never, truly never ever visited Cyprus again due to this invasion of privacy!
Date VisitOctober 2018