Liverpool Airport

Liverpool Airport customer review

The airport is undergoing long overdue modernisation to the departures area but the check in area is still shabby and dirty and the toilets frankly disgraceful. The main gripe still has to be the security processing which is the slowest I have ever encountered at any airport. There are now 6 scanners and all were in use but it still took half an hour to reach the head of the queue where I was then assigned to a smaller queue behind one of the scanners. I soon found out why people moved so slowly. Once in the small queue you have to wait to be called forward to put all metal items and bags in plastic containers. Bags cannot go through unless there is a container so you have to wait till one is available. Then I was astonished when the security staff scrutinised every plastic bag containing liquids to check its dimensions and routinely sent people back to buy a 'regulation sized' bag from a vending machine. A family of five in front of me were all sent back causing exasperation and further delays. Having placed my items in a tray I had to wait 5 minutes to go through the metal detector as two scanners have to use one detector and the staff just seem amazingly slow. The whole process took over an hour. Due to this I will not be using Liverpool again unless completely necessary.