Liverpool Airport

"All in all a bad experience but gets you from A-B"

Not Verified | Arrival - had to wait an hour for our bags...no announcement about what’s going on, cramped in a small room with other people - not covid safe yet get hassle of you take a mask off. Departure - security disgusting. Waited 20 minutes in a queue to then be waved to go over to a different queue, then questioned with the woman who sighed and waved back into the original queue where the people behind had now passed through. Then charging £1 for a bag...I had one small lip balm and was told I could not just put it in the tray without a bag. So rude and arrogant, told me I can buy a bag so which I said I don’t have cash. Then she sent me on a walk to a cash point to get cash out to buy a plastic bag for a lip balm...talk about taking your job seriously. Mixed rules about shoes on and off, I guess the women decided to pick on me more and made me take my shoes off even tho no one else had to. Had the mask off to have a quick drink and was rudely told to “put your mask on properly”. All in all a bad experience but gets you from A-B. Staff just need to relax.
Date VisitOctober 2021

"I personally think its a good airport to use"

Not Verified | Only problem I came across was at passport control, just the one guy who would just hold his hand out kept looking forward if next passenger didn’t look in his direction no one would know he was free, all other passport control officers let people know by just simply saying next, thought this was rude and ignorant of the officer. Apart from that I personally think its a good airport to use.
Date VisitOctober 2021

"parking restrictions do nothing to improve an already stressful time"

Trip Verified | I used LPL recently and had no complaints about the whole airport experience, the journey was for a business trip and I cannot complain about anything from parking up to returning. However, earlier this year I went over to LPL to collect a colleague who does not speak English. I monitored the flight as I was travelling and found out there was a short delay. I parked in a car park which was limited to 40 mins (I think) I received a call from the colleague and although we couldn't understand one another I made my way to the main collection/drop off area where I could meet him. However he was in the wrong place and saw me driving along the road waved and walked onto the pedestrian crossing directly in front of me, of course I had to stop, he then climbed in to my car. Now I have a £160 fine for stopping for 10 secs at a pedestrian crossing in a deserted airport in February. Some other pedestrians also crossed in front of me at this time so I could not move. The whole control/parking thing at LPL and the wider industry is vile, no company should employ these parking companies to carry out their licensed robbery. I'm not paying, we're off to court to see what the judge says, they are nothing but the scum of the modern society. In August the camera van was not there, I guess that's because it was not economically viable to have them sat in the camera van during a pandemic so it obviously has nothing to do with anti-terrorism does it. I replied to the Parking company and told them the story and of course they said I still had to pay. Surprise Surprise. I have had similar parking fines before which have been dropped, once after my story was published in our local paper. On this occasion I visited too many shops in the retail park with my wife and spent too much money in them so the retailers thought it would be a good idea to fine me. The car park was 75% empty! The (Get Rich Quick) parking restrictions at airports do nothing to improve an already stressful time. Because of the parking fine and this alone its a one star review from me, it has to be.
Date VisitAugust 2020

"surly and rude security staff"

Not Verified | In decades of flying. I have never need such surly and rude security staff, I was told the plastic bag for liquids was too big, the same bag I have for a year utilised for a year flying, including two or three flights a month out of Liverpool, the guy just wanted a argument obviously bored.
Date VisitJuly 2020

"who gives you the right to put us all at significant risk"

Not Verified | Covid 19 government demand social distancing. The airport staff refused to acknowledge this. Squeezed 26 people into the smallest space whilst waiting to board then squeezed all 26 into 1 bus despite 2 being together. I complained and raised my concerns at the lack is social distancing and was told it was tough! I am a frontline essential flyer trying to help keep people safe at this time of sever crisis, can’t do that if I’m exposed and made ill! Come on John Lennon Liverpool airport staff get with this pandemic viral crisis, who gives you the right to put us all at significant risk! You should be ashamed of yourselves and the government need to be aware and deal with this level of incompetence. Where is the airport management putting in safe measures for people who have to fly?
Date VisitMarch 2020

"stop letting down our city"

Not Verified | Pros: the checking in and security is fast. The staff are not as nasty as Manchester airport. It's great that there's several buses that run from here to Liverpool City Centre. Cons: It's unfair and ridiculous to charge taxis and cars to drop off/pick up. Why in the world don't they have a 20-15 min free drop off/pick up? And as several others have pointed out, the cleanliness, eating and seating experience is severely lacking. The airport is the face of Liverpool and management need to read and listen to these reviews. It's time to improve and stop letting down our city!
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"Almost as bad as Manchester airport"

Not Verified | I had a terrible experience transiting in this airport. The airport was filthy and poorly painted and maintained. The toilets were disgusting with soiled floors, unflushed toilets and rubbish thrown in urinals. The carpets looked like they didn’t hadn't seen a Hoover for a long time. The kissing restaurant was chaotic. I ordered fish and chips and after a long wait saw a large build up of plates of food on the pass. I eventually asked could I get mine. No someone will get it for you. Ten minutes later I asked again and a disgruntled staff member brought mine over. The fish was like a fish finger and was over deep fried. Inedible. I left that and the bizarre two slices of white bread there and went to my departure gate. I had to laugh at the way the lanes were set for queuing. They were no straight lines. I was never so happy to get out of such a horrible airport. Almost as bad as Manchester airport.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"dirty, shabby, chaotic and rough"

Not Verified | The airport was dirty, shabby, chaotic and rough. Obviously no regular cleaning system in place. Carpets were fithy. The toilets were also filthy. Pools of urine on the floor around urinals. Ordered food and a drink in the kissing restaurant. The beer was flat and the fish and chips were a disgrace. The fish was inedible because it had been deep fried too much in hard batter. Bizzarely there was also two slices of white bread on the plate. The announcements were inaudible because of the speed of delivery. An airport is the first impression visitors receive when visiting a city and what a pity Liverpool airport disappoints on every count. Never again
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"security staff who are courteous and efficient"

Not Verified | I live in Manchester but so dire is Manchester Airport that I now happily drive to Liverpool and fly to and from there. Car parking right by the terminal, security staff who are courteous and efficient, and when we landed on a flight from Jersey the airport staff had the stairs ready and waiting. You couldn't find a greater contrast. Message to everyone in Manchester: make life easier and much more pleasant. Use Liverpool.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"Extremely friendly and helpful staff"

Not Verified | Extremely friendly and helpful staff. My husband had requested assistance as he suffers with Parkinson’s. All of the staff without exception were helpful and caring adding to enjoyment of going on holiday. Departed 17/08/19 to Bergerac. Thank you!
Date VisitAugust 2019