Lanzarote Arrecife Airport

"Catastrophically bad"

Not Verified | Catastrophically bad. Utterly disorganised, no staff whatsoever, huge queues. At one point they just simply reversed the queue leading to screaming and an almost riot. Not one airport staff member visible or helping. We've been 3 times and other 2 were actually fine. This last one was so bad our children were in tears and we will never visit Lanzarote again after this. Such a shame as such a nice place but let down by the worst airport I've ever been in and I travel a lot. I don't know if it makes a difference but this time was a Saturday evening and wow was it busy, so if you're umming and r-ing about dates, I'd certainly vote a non weekend flight a better idea not that there's often a choice Shocking level of incompetence. Horrible horrible day, the anger and near violence really upset my children and I find that unforgivable. It's easily avoided by paying a few more ground staff.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"scam all the way"

Not Verified | Decided to wait until airport for duty free. Wow I was floored with the prices a £3 Toberlone in the UK is £6 in the duty free. 3 euro for a 500ml bottle of water - scam all the way. The actual staff though are brilliant. We did find a water fountain on the main stretch of shops. Shop your duty free before arriving
Date VisitDecember 2018

"staff were extremely helpful"

Trip Verified | We departed Lanzarote Airport on the 10/11/2018 we used special assistance for my disabled daughter, the staff were extremely helpful when we approached them for help. When the special assistance people approached us they put my daughter at ease and explained to customs that she gets very distressed, they exported us through customs where the security were all smiles and encouraged Hayley to go to them, she normally panics with the machines etc, special assistance then escorted us to the seating area where they came back for us at boarding, taking us through boarding right up to the plane talking and smiling the whole time. We would like to say a big thank you for making our usually stressful journey very relaxed.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"What a disaster"

Not Verified | Our experience arriving at Lanzarote was fine. We were through the airport quickly and on our way to our resort. The same cannot he said for our departure. What a disaster. The worst experience ever. We arrived an hour earlier than required as we have Executive Lounge access. We queued for over an hour to drop off our baggage. We had checked in on-line. There seemed to be a problem with the baggage handling equipment. The system for checking in is unfair as depending upon which queue you choose affects how quickly you go through. To be fair none of the queues were moving well but having arrived an hour early we were unfortunate to be in that queue - you know the one - where every other queue moves and yours doesn't. Despite arriving early we were one of the last people to go through. I think our wait was 1 hour 10 mins! A fairer system is the corded lines where everyone is in one queue and moves forward to a check-in desk in the order they arrive. This system operates at Gatwick throughout and also at Lanzarote but in the security area and not in the checking in hall. As I say it was a disaster. There was no announcement, explanation or apology. We were so pleased we did have lounge access where we could relax afterwards as I cannot imagine how we would have been once through to airside as being one of the last to go through it was very busy by the time we arrived there. Not a good experience.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"a credit to the airport"

Trip Verified | Asked for assistance for my wife, could not have been more friendly and efficient - a credit to the airport. Facilities are fine, how the airport copes with people with the amount of luggage ther bring, I've no idea.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"Excellent facilities"

Not Verified | Excellent facilities, friendly staff on arrival. Good level of English and very helpful. Baggage trolleys are a bit run down and need changing but overall an excellent airport. Getting baggage from the belts is very quick and efficient.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"Very unpleasant"

Not Verified | Great for smokers. All the outside seating space for eating and drinking is freely available for smokers. Very unpleasant. VIP lounge is worst we have ever used in the world! Waste of money and very basic offer to travellers. Staff on desk quite indifferent and unwelcoming.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"Extremely expensive airport"

Not Verified | Extremely expensive airport. Duty free prices higher than UK high street and significantly more expensive than supermarkets in Lanzarote. 2 euro bar of chocolate in supermarket nearly 6 euro in duty free. Buy your duty free while on holiday. Good savings to be had dont wait until the airport.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"airy, lots of seating"

Trip Verified | It's a very good airport with excellent facilities, airy, lots of seating, good views of the planes, nice shops. But it would improve the departure experience from beautiful Lanzarote enormously if there was a large open air area where smoking is not permitted. This would be great for all the family.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"Horrendously disorganised"

Trip Verified | This is an airport back to the future from 1975. Horrendously disorganised and third world. There are so many tourists coming through, why haven't they updated to check-in computers and pure luggage drop counters? Instead one has to come 2 hours early, stand in enormous queues for 40 mins. The check-in/luggage employees are tremendously slow. I arrived 1 hour 40 minutes early. My flight had checkin counters 41-43. There were long lines on all three. The screens at the counter showed Swissport, but no airline or boarding class information. I went to the first queue. After 30 min I arrived at the front only to find a tiny Business Class sign. I complained that I had been in a long queue and the business sign was invisible from the back. I was refused and told this was business class only. I had to queue for another 20 minutes. In the meantime the business queue was empty and the same checkin person checked in couples with 1 child and the economy passengers. I asked why she did this since I was told this is business class only. No reply. She refused to give me her name. Needless to say, that 1 minute after I told her that the display wasnt showing the boarding class the signs went up. Arrival was similarly third world. 45 minutes for the luggage to arrive.
Date VisitNovember 2017