Kansas City Airport

"a poor reflection of her position"

Trip Verified | I have always had pleasant experiences with the Kansas City airport until I was leaving the airport in my Uber. My Uber driver was cussed out by an older woman who was airport security with quite explicit language for trying to merge into the exiting lane. There were no signs and she was not directing traffic, but rather sitting in her car blocking the lane we were in. No biggie, due to us needing to scoot over into the left exiting lane. Just as we were merging, she jumped out of her car and began to profusely scream and swear, demanding we stop. She proceeded to allow every other car pass us and then walked to the back of my Uber drivers car to take his license. She did not come to the car nor give a ticket, so I am not quite sure why the explosive language and looking at the license plate. Her level of professionalism was pitiful and completely uncalled for. It was a poor reflection of her position. The rest of the experience at the Kansas City airport was super friendly and pleasant, as usual. My rating is solely based off of the explosive security woman. I reccomend this airport, but strongly believe someone should address the exiting lanes with class and clarity.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"Staff are rude"

Not Verified | Staff are rude, car rental staff are even worse, no help loading our baby or luggage from shuttle to airport, and forced to cross dangerous roads in the process. One disgusting, uncleaned restroom for the women serving no less than 8 gates and a restaurant. They can't tear this place down fast enough. Flying into Tulsa from now on.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"Worst airport ever"

Not Verified | Worst airport ever. You are dropped out by ticketing then ensues an hour plus of hell. You check in then walk what feels like a mile to security entrance then retrace your steps inside secured area for another mile to get to the gate to find out you are trapped with no restrooms or amenities. Everyone waiting was moaning about the setup.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"This place should be demolished"

Not Verified | This place should be demolished at the earliest opportunity. Kansas City should be embarrassed to have this representing the city. All of the awful things people have said on this site about this Airport are true. I have a two hour layover here and I am counting the minutes until I can get out of this wretched place.
Date VisitJune 2019

"Absolutely horrible experience"

Not Verified | I am in a lot of airports and always find Kansas City security to be rude, disrespectful, humiliating. They will paw through your personal belongings and dump them all over the counter. Absolutely horrible experience.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"This is the peak of stupidity"

Not Verified | Arrival was no big deal. I left this morning. Walked through security. Was randomly selected as usual, then once allowed through I discovered that the gates don't connect. So I had to leave, go through security once again, where I was randomly selected, once again, the ladies ahead of me had to deal with the same thing and were annoyed. The workers there couldn't answer any of the questions they or anyone else had. The bathroom looked like it hadn't been cleaned since the day before, and the part that made me furious is that they threw out my toothpaste saying it wasn't allowed since they don't let you take in liquids over a certain amount, but one of the gate TSA people let a pilot carrying four cups of Starbucks coffee through the security door without hesitation. This is the peak of stupidity. All this about how they're making things safe for us when everyone knows the TSA is staffed by people who wouldn't make it at McDonalds.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"Dark, dismal, no conveniences"

Not Verified | What an embarrassment to Kansas City. Dark, dismal, no conveniences. The old state pen in Jefferson City is more inviting. Kansas City is a beautiful city with plenty to offer, but this gulag of an airport sure doesn’t reflect that. Step up your game, MCI.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"Bathrooms are filthy"

Not Verified | The grossest airport I’ve ever been to. Bathrooms are filthy, food selection is poor, there’s probably half as much seating as there needs to be. I wanted to hold my breath the whole time I was there. I would legitimately consider routing my travel to a different airport next time. Additionally, upon my arrival, they could not locate my bag. Not necessarily MCI’s fault, but could have been handled better.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"an absolutely wretched airport"

Trip Verified | This is an absolutely wretched airport. Design is a nightmare. Food is worse than the convention center downtown - and that’s saying something. I ordered breakfast and it was honestly a pre-made/pre-cooked plastic-tray goopy mess. Bathrooms are wholly inadequate — and poorly serviced. Pre-packaged food in gate waiting area picked over and poor quality. Gate areas sardine-can crowded. I remember being in NYC’s Port Authority bus terminal in the late 1970s — this was worse. The city is lovely. The airport is a deterrent to wanting to ever come back to the city.
Date VisitJune 2018

"worst airport for a lay-over"

Trip Verified | The worst airport for a lay-over I've ever been in! Limited bathroom facilities, dirty, small area to wait, a necessary trip outside of security if you want to look for gifts or food beyond a Pizza Hut and kiosks. An upstairs eatery and bar with no restrooms. I'll never layover here on a trip again. I'll change my destination before I'd go through this airport again. I've been to 3rd world and developing countries' airports with cleaner more available facilities!
Date VisitMay 2018