Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen Airport

“Ridiculously overpriced”

Not Verified | Awful. Ridiculously overpriced, rude staff, inadequate seating, virtually no wi-fi and overly crowded. I needed to purchase sanitary towels at this airport, and the only shop that had them was charging 11 euros for a pack of 10 pads, while charging 4.50 euros for a magnet. Basic hygiene products should be very affordable or even free in places like airports, but I'm guessing this airport does not agree. Disgusting.
Date VisitJanuary 2024

"ever seen such disrespectful staff"

Not Verified | Unfortunately this trip has just been very disheartening for me, from all perspectives I had a terrible experience in turkey, I was excited to visit this country but ended up disappointed, to me it’s the worst airport on earth, I’ve never seen such disrespectful staff from the departure door all way to the gate, the employees are abusive, rude & offensive, they refuse to cooperate, the only expression in English they use is “pay me cash or card”. They ask for money before providing you an average service, At least 5 times examination of baggage, the look & behavior of passenger service agent is inappropriate and unprofessional, no tolerance if you have 500g extra, if you have a good package food they impose on you to through it into the garbage.
Date VisitAugust 2023

"passport control line was too long"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Staff doesn’t speak English. Specially in the security check, where it would be important to understand their instructions. Turkish is not my strongest language. The passport control line was too long. At 29.10.2023 the line twirled around the check in area. This automatically lead people to cut the line, so the people waiting on the line needed to wait a long time until they reached the passport control checks. The signs that direct people to international transfers and domestic transfers are misleading. Every travels, (we have had two), the airport staff direct us to different way to the passport control or outside with the exit directions. How about changing those misleading signs at the sealing? Overall the Sabiha Göhcen airport is always full of people, so at times it is hard to find a seat. I would hope that the airport would be more customer friendly.
Date VisitOctober 2023

"the queues were so bad"

Trip Verified | Dreadful airport. Travelling 4 months pregnant and the queues were so bad I had to pay for fast track both to get out of the airport and to get back through for departures. We have spent 100 euros as a couple on this - the fast track on arrival was worth it as it was actually fast, however departures the fast track still took an hour. Staff were rude, very little awareness of physicality of pregnancy, I think they keep the queues long in order to make money from fast track. Worth travelling to another airport or going somewhere else rather than going through this airport! Food overpriced (6.5 euros for a soda),
Date VisitOctober 2023

"I will be avoiding at all costs in the future"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | This is categorically the worst airport I have ever been in. I am unsure as to why there are still signs saying best airport. They were awarded that four years ago. This is absolutely not the best airport anymore. It is far too busy - busier than the space and staff can handle. Waiting times are uncomfortably long The passport control is ridiculous. Disgusting in fact. I have never in 35 years of my life seen queues as bad as the queues at the passport control in this airport. They never ever have enough staff on passport control. People get agitated because they are waiting for nearly two hours. And these are people with babies/children/self transfers etc. I think this airport needs to adopt a similar approach to Dalman at passport control. The restaurants are packed and people are sat on the floor all over the place because there is no room. There is never any room in the lounge. Luggage is often lost because flights don’t take off on time. It really is the worst airport I have ever been to and I will be avoiding at all costs in the future.
Date VisitOctober 2023

"very bad customer service"

Not Verified | The worst airport I have ever been in, very bad customer service with nasty people that don’t have manners at all. I think they should do some training for the staff.
Date VisitSeptember 2023

"this airport has become an utter disaster"

(Kuwait)

Not Verified | Problems with this airport started a few years ago when they allowed 10x more flights that they can handle passengers-wise. The airport is always swarming with people, and the inefficiency of the passport control is appalling! Not only are the staff rude, but they also delay you as much as possible out of pure spite. Luckily, I am an EU citizen and once I mention I will call my embassy, they immediately change their attitude. Still, the treatment should be professional and kind for all the passengers! I paid 5 eur for two small bottles of water, and I didn’t even dare to check food prices. The staff at the lounge are rude as well-they never smile and make sure to tell you sharply “you will pay even though you have the platinum visa”. I mean - we all understand we have to pay for services we buy, but come on-what kind of a tone is that? All in all, this airport has become an utter disaster and I will avoid it as much as possible - even if it means I pay more elsewhere.
Date VisitJuly 2023

"absolutely dreadful experience"

Not Verified | Despite the incredible time I had in Turkey, my visit to the airport turned out to be an absolutely dreadful experience. The customs officer at the tax-free area surpassed all levels of rudeness and lacked basic manners, making them the most unpleasant official I have ever encountered at an international airport. They treated me with such disdain. Adding to my frustration, the majority of the airport staff, being an international airport, were incapable of conversing in English, let alone providing any guidance or assistance. Instead, they continuously passed me off to different individuals without making a sincere effort to help. It felt as though I had stepped into a chaotic horse carriage arena rather than a modern airport. The entire ordeal was truly pathetic and utterly disorganized and shambolic.
Date VisitJuly 2023

"logistics of airport are poorly organized"

Trip Verified | The logistics of airport are poorly organized. Upon arrival, the passport counter is positioned before the visa counter, so myself and others stood in the passport line because we didn't even see signs for the visa. Which means we had to stand in the long passport line twice. And the agents and were not friendly or polite. Poor signage - something as simple as having a sign for currency exchange would be helpful. Also having the flight boards under the correct heading is beneficial. The domestic flights should not be under the international flights board and vice versa. How difficult is it to get that correct? The airport waiting areas were filthy. The only thing worst was the men's restrooms. My goodness - disgusting. So many broken components. I even had to find someone to restock the toilet paper. But the absolute worst was the lack of customer service throughout the airport. It felt as if the workers were angry with management and was taking it out on the customers. The biggest show of disrespect happened at the gate (202A) just before boarding. The gate agent told a woman that her carry-on was too large. She explained that she checked on at the check-in counter and those agents did not state there was an issue with the bag. The gate agent took the woman's boarding pass and told her it belongs to the airline. A big scene unfolded, and towards the end of the incident, the gate agent told the paying customer to "shut up" three times. Other people and myself watched the entire incident and agreed with the woman. The gate agent was nasty to her and extremely rude for telling her to "shut up."
Date VisitJune 2023

"worst airport I have been"

Not Verified |  The worst airport I have been. Dirty, bad service in restaurants and overpriced. With the coffee price (even in mcDonalds) same as in Switzerland Geneva top spots (€6-7 for the cup of filter coffee). Signed up for Red by Dufry to receive a 20% on a duty free shopping. The receipt was indicating 20% discount on the final price but been charged the full price (found out from the bank statement when came back home). So don’t let yourself to be scammed. Pay only cash!
Date VisitJune 2023