Hyderabad Airport

"unorganised airport with rude security staff"

Not Verified | This is a very unorganised airport with rude security staff. I have never had a smooth experience and this time it got worse I was travelling with my 9 month old and an aged parent. Bangalore airport has priority lane from the entrance till the gate for people travelling with infant and senior citizens. However here priority lanes & regular lanes are clubbed so you end up standing in queue. In the security check I saw the long queue, panicked as my baby was getting restless. Later was taken to a hidden passage for security check only after inquiring. I was the first to reach the priory check. I put all my belongings to the tray & handed over my baby to my mother so that I fold the baby stroller Then all of a sudden other flyers started barging in. Pilots, all the VIP customers & in seconds it was like a fish market where no que system was followed. They started pushing me back and started to put their stuffs Meanwhile my baby had passed the security with my mother & was screaming as she couldn’t see me. I still hold the stroller begging the security guards to guide me - finally I had to raise my voice & a security guard comes and tell me to remove all the tires of the stroller as it won’t fit their machine .. my baby continues to scream cry but the staffs were deaf about it! I finally remove all the tires & rush in for security check. The lady there is so slow and rude - she wants to check me thoroughly so she was taking her sweet own time I cross the security & again there is no one there to help me put together the pram. I had to scream for help and finally an old dignified passenger came to my rescue. It’s a shame the staff were not considerate of a crying baby. So if you travelling with a infant please have someone along who can help you as my sick mother & my baby struggled when all this was happening
Date VisitNovember 2022

"was a relatively smooth experience"

Trip Verified | Domestic departure among the top 4 biggest and busiest airports in India still was a relatively smooth experience. Security checks took only 15 min which is considered as smooth with respect to India. Lots of food and beverages options, also for shopaholics, seating is little less but if you go far from gates can get chairs easily. Clean washroom in sufficient numbers and smoking zone, only one lounge and that is now small with respect to how busy this airport is, need a bigger one or another one. WiFi is there but not easy to connect with non Indian number, need to visit helpdesk for that.
Date VisitOctober 2022

"airport was very dirty"

Not Verified | I had to catch a flight from gate 24A. The airport terminal is horrible. The only food counter is run by Indian paradise who have very limited menu. I had to wait 20 mins for order since it was shift change. They only had biryani and fried rice. No shops and airport was very dirty.
Date VisitOctober 2022

"the security was extremely rude and unhelpful"

Not Verified | Horrible behaviour by security staff. Went to scan my boarding pass at the express check in and was rudely sent into the regular security check without any information as to why. When I went in for the regular security process despite needing to hasten for my flight boarding, the security was extremely rude and unhelpful about the directions, and caused almost every single passenger to double back to rescan their boarding passes despite no such instructions being given beforehand. When asked why, the female security staff proceeded to exhibit extremely rude and idiotic behaviour, casting aspersions whether I have travelled in a flight before, never mind that some of the passengers there were well travelled and well versed especially with this airport. Such behaviour is not expected from the staff at an airport with some otherwise great facilities and infrastructure.
Date VisitJuly 2022

"international part is a joke"

Not Verified | In 2016, Hyderabad was the best airport in India. Since then, what a drop! Now, the airport got transformed into a complete domestic one. The international part is a joke. There are no restaurants, no WiFi (you need only indian number to access free WiFi). There is no help desk near gates. The vendors and security personnel are very unfriendly. I used to be very proud of the airport.
Date VisitMay 2022

"It’s dark and messy without food options"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | I experienced Hyderabad on one of my trips and they failed on many points. The obvious which is the same for all airports in India, ran by the military, which helps slow the travel process down significantly. No ATM in the terminal, the only place accepting card is WH Smith. All other shops only accept Indian bank cards (really? In international terminal?). It’s dark and messy without food options if you’re based on the 21st century payment solution.
Date VisitMay 2022

"Worst services at arrivals"

Not Verified | Worst services at arrivals. There is no proper guidance, there were five flights landed and hundreds of people there, and only handful of persons to manage them. No social distancing was followed and staff were reluctant to assist the passengers, and were rude all the time
Date VisitMay 2022

"Airport has no adequate infrastructure"

Trip Verified | I and my wife were travelling to Dubai and for a 10am departure we had to arrive 5.30am to take the Rapid Covid Test. After giving the sample we went inside the departure lounge where there was no place to sit. People were thronging with half of them not wearing masks also. The test result was supposed to come in 45 minutes but it took about 2 hours. Every 10 minutes one boy comes with a bunch of reports and starts shouting the names. A large crowd gathers around him jostling unmindful of social distancing. It reminds one of a fish market. I had to follow up for the report a couple of times before finally it came. It delayed our check-in process. Airport has no adequate infrastructure and things are not properly organised. This process could have been well organised. We understood the glaring difference when we landed at Dubai airport where things are done most professionally. I am disappointed with my city's airport and how it's handled. Buck up RGIA or you will not be reckoned for any good things.
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"a disgusting process to connect"

Not Verified | Accessing WIFI is only possible if you have a SIM card active in your hand/mobile ready as they OTP based login. It is a disgusting process to connect, how do travelers have an Indian sim card on arrival. While in other countries, the ease of connecting to WIFI without OTP is quite awesome. It is paramount important to communicate and catch up transport.
Date VisitSeptember 2020

"misusing their powers"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airport in India in terms of the staff behaviour and help. I would like to call upon the Security Check guys who enjoy irritating people and misusing their powers to talk rudely to people. I had a flight from Lucknow to Bangalore via Hyderabad on 14th March 2020. I have Tennis Elbow in both of my hands due to which I can hardly pick up anything and when the pain increases. When I reached the HYD airport domestic security check I saw 2 police staff members talking in a very rude way (I was at the right most security check counter). I was asked (along with other people in the queue) to take out all the electronic items, belt, wallet, outside in a tray which I did fine. After that I saw that I needed to hold the tray in order to put it in the scanner so I did that with all of my hand injuries. While collecting the hand baggage I found that it was kept aside so I asked the security personnel very politely why it was kept aside, to which he replied very rudely that "school khatam ho chuka hai, abhi tak samaan handel karna nahi aaya!!" (meaning "school is over but still you don't know how to keep your things properly!"). So I asked him to check in the bag to see if I have missed something because I had taken out all the things they have asked for. Then he opened the bag saying: "Don't ask me to check, I will check on my own". To his surprise, he could not find anything except a pair of goggles, he started talking even more rudely and threatened to keep me in an inspection room. Then he asked me to make some adjustment to the bag even after I told him that I had an injury in both of my hands. I can clearly see that he was enjoying the pain I was in while doing those adjustments. After that he kept my bag for one more scan and left that security counter.
Date VisitMarch 2020