Dubrovnik Airport

"extremely rude security staff"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Language barrier and extremely rude security staff. The airport was fairly small, clean and easy to find your way. I did not have to wait long in the queue. Both check in and other procedures ended very quickly to my surprise. Most of the staff at passport check and other parts of the airport seemed nice, but there was one terribly rude lady at the handbag check who -I assume - didn’t know English and therefore thought she could touch me without permission and grunt at me to express herself. There was one wooden mushroom that I bought for decoration purpose in one of my handbags and seemed suspicious to her on the x-ray, she first grunted and angrily pointed my bag. When I started to talk in English, she called her younger colleague to tell me that they have to check inside my bag. Its zip was broken so I had to sew it, so they said they needed to cut the bag open. I asked if they had bags to put my belongings or anything to sew it again, but at the end they cut it. While they were busy opening it, I was so panicked and confused, and I don’t know, I thought they were done checking my other luggages that were apparently waiting in line. When I attempted to walk towards my bags waiting on the conveyor belt, the same lady who didn’t know English raised her hand to push me back and yelled at me. And she and her younger colleague found the wooden mushroom and pulled it up from among my clothes only to look at each other and laugh. Let alone a simple apology, none of them showed any effort to make any explanation until I asked. And during the rest of my time, the lady spent her sweet time lifting the deodorants and some other liquids, which I forgot there, from my bags and grunting at me for each, as if I committed a crime. At least the younger lady tried to explain to me in English, but it was only when I asked a objected to or questioned the situation. I can understand that the security staff has to be very careful with the passengers and and are obliged to implement the rules – but this is not the way to do it. No one deserves this just because they are foreigners, it is important for all of us how to show respect to each other and communicate properly. And since it is a touristic destination, it should not be too much to ask the staff to know English.
Date VisitAugust 2022

"terminal building is newly built and well laid out"

Trip Verified | Traveled here during covid time. The terminal building is newly built and well laid out. Signaling was very clear and seats, floor etc were exceptionally clean. Security control was fast and easy but seems a mess when they're a huge amount of passengers the same time, as they've only a few lanes. Inbound passport control can take a while as generally only a raw desks are open. Outbound is fine. They've some large duty-free shops. Biggest letdown is ground transportation. Taxis are overpriced and a bus is running at odd times.
Date VisitJuly 2020

"no queues to drop luggage"

Trip Verified | Self-service bag drops so no queues to drop luggage. Water fountain after security so can fill up water bottles (not enough European airports have this). Not a great range of places to eat. A smoking area and terrace airside
Date VisitOctober 2019

"lack of options to buy water"

Not Verified | Shame on this airport for their lack of options to buy water. I and hundreds of people had to queue between 10 and 30 minutes just to buy water after security. Oh and 5 small bottles of water cost 25 kuna x 5 = 125 kuna (£16 !!)
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"Airport in general is clean and simple"

Not Verified | Nice airport. Security moves quickly. Do not take your shoes off, put all your stuff in the bin (including watches and bracelets) and walk on through. Passport control went quickly as well. They didn’t ask any questions, just scan your passport and go on through. Truffles of all variety sold in the airport store and literally half the price I paid in Split city center. Wish I knew that before. Airport in general is clean and simple. There is a terrace and also a small cafe on main level. Business and Atlantic lounges are pretty minimal with some wine cheese meat bread and fruit. I would say get to the airport 1.5 hours at the most before your flight and you will be totally fine.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"passport control were disinterested"

Trip Verified | Do not arrive at this airport early as you can not go through security more than 1.5-2 hours in advance of your flight. There is also no where to eat or sit before security. The passport control were disinterested and were playing games on their phones while checking passports. I could only find one cafe in the entire departures lounge. We were also held on buses for a large amount of time before boarding aircraft.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"the longest queue I've ever seen"

(Greece)

NotVerified | Overpriced and after having been to more than 40 airports, this was the longest queue I've ever seen in my life in order to enter the gate area. Staff was very nice though!
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Everything is massively overpriced"

Not Verified | Worst airport ever for food, if anyone wants to make a lot of money come and open another food outlet here, the typical airport food outlets just don't exist here. Bring your own food as the stuff they have here is the world's worst food, stale bread sandwiches, horrible fruit pots that are so expensive. Everything is massively overpriced, bring you own food, I can't repeat that enough. I'm thinking of quitting my job and opening a food outlet here myself as I'd be a millionaire by next year, long queues at these dire food shop would flock to my food shop. Half the airport is deserted and hardly any seats, wow, so bad.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"Food outlets extremely limited"

Trip Verified | Food outlets extremely limited, only two coffee shops selling overpriced sandwiches and pastries once we got through security. No hot food available at all and the queues for the coffee shops were very long. Once we'd bought our overpriced sandwiches as we had no other option there was nowhere to sit. The small seating area was full so we had to eat standing up.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"Security staff were very rude"

Not Verified | Nice building, very overpriced in the shops. Security staff were very rude. I thought I should take off my shoes to go through the detector but was almost shouted at in an aggressive tone by the security man when telling me to “put them back on!”. Left me in a bad mood.
Date VisitJuly 2018