Dubrovnik Airport

"ineffective and unprofessional"

Trip Verified | Inefficient check-in and bag drop process, boarding gates are a disorganized mess and passport control (PC) is ineffective and unprofessional. PC guy (I don’t respect him enough to call him an officer), wouldn’t stamp my passport for exit because for a brief second while tying my shoe, I placed my passport in my mouth. Sure, I understand the cleanliness factor, but no need for a power trip. How many other people have touched my passport that I don’t know? Also, this is hilarious, because how many passports have you touched PC guy? You are just as nasty if not nastier than me. Oh, and guess what — it’s my passport, not yours, so if I want to put it in my mouth, I’ll put it in my mouth.
Date VisitMay 2019

"very poor service"

Not Verified | Very poor WiFi and customer information I was not able to log onto the airport wifi, I went to the tourist info & was told to go to the airport info desk. The girl there was clueless, she said there was no problem. Our tour guide also tried to use the WiFi & could not. Then I wanted to charge my ipad, there was no charger for this! The sockets did not work. When I went back to the airport informstion desk to ask for a complaint form & where I couldcharge my ipad, she did not know & did not want to know. There was some vague searching in drawers etc. This is very poor service.
Date VisitMay 2019

"Departure was the problem"

(Argentina)

Trip Verified | Upon arrival very quick migrations and fast to get the luggage. Departure was the problem, I arrived 3 hours prior to the flight as instructed from the airline, check in didn't open until 2 hours before the flight, wandering around the empty airport for an hour, not even one store open. Extremely boring. Also there is no free wifi, they will charge you after 30 minutes. After checking in I went to security screening which was quite crowded for the size of the airport, I was surprised. Once in the boarding area they had enough stores and nice seating, prior of that most of it was bad.
Date VisitJune 2018

"it was a very good experience"

Not Verified | Everything about this airport worked well, both on arrival and departure. It was very clean and when we arrived the luggage came off quickly and we were soon sorted. On departure we had no problems and were soon through security. We were able to enjoy a coffee whilst waiting for our flight to be called and we left on time. Overall it was a very good experience and better than we expected, having read the very negative reviews on here. We would use this airport again and recommend it for travel to Croatia or Montenegro.
Date VisitApril 2019

"staff were friendly and helpful"

Trip Verified | The service we received at Dubrovnik yesterday was efficient and speedy. The staff were friendly and helpful. I have never gone through this procedure so promptly. We were able to have a snack and a drink as well as look through the duty free. Boarding was quick and efficient and we took off on time. And on arrival the luggage also came off quickly. Best experience in an airport I’ve ever had.
Date VisitApril 2019

"security check staff very rude"

(Finland)

Not Verified | The airport is nice despite of being very small. However, the security check in staff was very rude and didn’t seem really care about the customers. I saw one older woman asking for help because she didn’t find all her stuff and the staff was just saying they don’t know how to help (and didn’t really seem to care either). They were also just throwing around the baggage trays pretty harshly.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"the facilities were first class"

Trip Verified | Our first visit to Dubrovnik/Croatia, we were very impressed with the whole airport experience. Having read previous reviews, we visited with trepidation. How wrong can you be, the airport, all staff met, and the overall exp was rated very highly. Dubrovnik airport was found to very clean, well laid out, and the facilities were first class in all respects. The service provided, from check in, special assistance, catering etc was of high quality. Cannot find anything negative to say, look forward to visiting this airport, we certainly will if we return.
Date VisitJune 2018

"airport is a total rip off"

Not Verified | This airport is a total rip off. £3 for a 0.5 ltr of bottled water. Never paid anywhere near this price for water in an airport anywhere. Exploitation to the extreme.
Date VisitMay 2018

"Very poor service"

Trip Verified | I am coming to Dubrovnik for the past 15 years at least four times per season. It is great to see the airport expand as it is. However, there is a serious serious problem with check in and passport control in the new terminal. It took us a full hour or more to get through this morning and this also happened last october! The peak season has not started yet so what will it be like getting through when we return in June and July? Unless this situation is resolved quickly they will loose many tourists as this delay is just not acceptable in a modern airport. Very poor service I have to say and deeply frustrating for passengers. Improve it quickly or this beautiful area will suffer.
Date VisitApril 2018

"Very rude in general"

Not Verified | Super rude airport staff and even ruder call centre staff. When I called to ask if the flight was on time the lady said she didn't understand the question. This was very degrading, patronizing and petty. Very rude in general, even check in staff were mostly rude. You would definitely expect better thinking they make so much profit out of tourists. I go through this airport at least 10 times a year as I use it visit my parents who live in the region.
Date VisitFebruary 2018