Doha Airport

Doha Airport customer review

Will avoid in future. We were in transit and after a long bus ride in (nearly 20 mins) from the plane there was a long queue to clear security where despite being on the colour coded short transfer queue we found the world and his wife going through the supposedly quick short transfer queue to avoid the long queue in ordinary transfer queue. None of the airport staff seemed to care so what's the point ? As a result we only just made our transfer time and then had another 19 minute bus ride out to the next plane (I timed it). The toilet in the terminal was so crowded and smelly we didn't bother use them. Forty minutes in a bus and queues for thirty minutes just to get onto a plane parked 200 metres from the one we landed in! Never again.

Doha Airport customer review

It has all been said by other reviewers but I am so angry with this airport that I will add to the comments. Long bus ride long queues for everything (passport control duty free toilets - I tried three and gave up) then another long bus ride. In and out of the planes up outside steps in the heat or rain. Truly horrible experience at 1am after an already long flight surreal really. Would not fly Qatar again whilst they are using this airport (and I may not bother even when they move to the new airport).

(Thailand)

Flew through again on the 19th of December and the new terminal really is needed. Forty minutes of bus journeys and over crowded business lounge again. In addition Qatar airways do not let platinum/emerald card holders use the 1st class lounge!

Doha Airport customer review

Flew into Doha Airport from London. We had a 6 hour transit before heading to Bangkok. Arrived at 2am and it felt like a ghost town. We were traveling in Business on Qatar and the Business lounge wasn't very good compared to other countries. It's very over rated and as a seasoned traveler I was very disappointed with the lack of 24 hour service I have had in Asian airports. The lounge already feels very worn and tattered and they only served tea and coffee and soggy sandwiches. If they are trying to compete with Dubai they have no chance in winning. Even compared to old European lounges it didn't strike me as anything too exciting. We even took the shuttle bus to the main airport and the lounge there was tiny and packed so we came back to the Qatar business lounge.
Queuing Times N/A

Doha Airport customer review

Stopped at Doha airport for a two hour transit en route ZUR-MEL. Even with a young baby it wasn't as bad as I had expected. The bus ride was long but thankfully my wife and child had a seat. Going through security when arriving at the departure terminal took no more than 5 mins. Security at the gate also took no more than 10 mins. Even though we were there during the midnight rush it was busy but not uncomfortable.

(Thailand)

Connected from Bangkok to Cairo and back. First experience in Doha. The colour system they have for various passengers is great (yellow tags and cards for transfers Orange for quick transfers etc.). The terminal itself is just a glass box (I expected a larger venue) but functioned well. Clean with a couple of shops here and there but I believe the new airport is to open soon and would reflect Qatar's ambition to offer a world class airport. This one works but lets say it lacks any lustre for me its a non issue as long as all worked fine. The internet is free and appreciated even though works only on one side of the terminal and closer to gate 20 21 22 the signal is barely there and connection almost impossible. Staff are polite especially in the x-ray checks (which is a big issue for me especially in other Middle eastern airports). The only negative point is the people jammed downstairs when boarding the bus. For 2 flights the passengers were lead down but the bus wasn't there yet and it was very uncomfortable having a small room packed with people kids and screaming toddlers. But all in all it went rather well. Toilets need a bit of a face lift!

Doha Airport customer review

Transited here twice during November 2013. As others have pointed out the bus transfers from the plan are the longest I have ever come across - and there is the inevitable confusion for some passengers between the Doha arrival and transit/departures stop which can cause some chaos. Overall the airport terminal for transit was not as bad as I feared - plenty of seats in the downstairs area and a nice coffee shop close to the toilets. However buying anything from duty free is a slow process - I tried to buy a bottle of water and had to wait nearly 10 minutes while the cashier filled out volumes of paperwork for another customer who was just buying one bottle of whisky. And after all the drama the passenger left his boarding card behind! Its bearable as a transit stop - but the sooner the new Doha airport opens the better. I was there in November - so maybe that is why it seemed quieter!

Doha Airport customer review

Perhaps I've been lucky with the immigration queues but I've found immigration in and out of Doha to be fairly quick and straightforward - though make sure you have a credit card to cover the visa fee; they don't take cash. But I wouldn't want to be a transit passenger here; there aren't enough seats the air side food options are dismal there's hardly anywhere to plug in electronic equipment and the shopping is surprisingly poor; if I was in transit for more than a couple of hours I'd seriously consider paying for Oryx Lounge access (and maybe that's the intention). That every flight I've taken to and from Doha seems to involve a long bus drive from the gate to and from the actual plane is also a minus - and often confusing to people who haven't used the airport before. While hardly awful Doha is too small and too dated an airport to properly serve as the major regional transit hub its primary airline and its government both want; in that sense the sooner the new airport opens the better.

Doha Airport customer review

As I had only 1 hour 20 minutes between landing from Manchester and catching the next flight to Bangkok I'd booked the Al Maha fast track service which I can really recommend I was rushed through the usual crowds and chaos of Doha and escorted direct to the departure gate so I can't really comment about delays etc although the terminal seemed to be a crowded as usual. On my return flight I'd used Q-miles to upgrade to business from Doha to Manchester as I was in transit for 8 hours the premier terminal is the place to be if you have 8 hours with nothing to be expect sit and wait for the next flight a fine choice of foods and top class staff there seem to be more of them since my last visit I just hope the HAMAD finally opens they'll have done something about the crowds and queues. Most of the below marks are based on premier terminal.

(Qatar)

Every time I am at the airport I see at least half the passengers disembark on the wrong section (transit) and I find them coming back. This takes too much time just because the busses we travel do not have voice over instructions. This could save ground staff so much hassle. The crowd in immigration is usually quite large but the egate card works for us.