Doha Airport

Doha Airport customer review

Arrived at 18.30 from Manchester to connect with a flight to Dubai. Like many others we were on a remote stand and a bus journey longer than average. However it did mean that you were dropped right by the Immigration desks and transit section. So you didn't have to walk far. Transit processing very quick and I was in the departure lounge 5 minutes after getting off the bus. Doha Airport is small which means that all the departure gates are within the same area - no walking miles. Duty free shop small size good choice of usual items but a bit chaotic due to lots of people. Prices same as other international airports. The food court was small and also chaotic - food below average so dont rely on this! Nowhere to get a beer. My lay over was only 80 minutes but this soon passed as boarding for my onward flight started 50 minutes early due to the plane being on a remote stand. The experience on the return journey was very similar. For both flights we were ready to depart well before scheduled time. Doha airport is very efficient although I wouldn't want to have to stay there for a long time as facilities are limited.

(China)

I had a stop in Doha on my way from Shanghai to Johannesburg and back. The duty free was overcrowded and toilets dirty - there was enough seating thoug. No real restaurant to sit down and have a snack or a drink (the food court was full). The airport is reaching full capacity now and I hope they will open the new Doha airport soon.

Doha Airport customer review

Good airport. Easy to go to check-in and moving in the airport - not too big. The bad thing is the way to go to plane using small bus that take 20min to go to the plane. The road of the bus is to go all around the airport: a bit long.

Doha Airport customer review

I have passed through Doha twice as a stopover to Bangkok. Doha is a great airport if you don't have too long between flights. But on my last trip the stopover was eleven hours. I found all staff very helpful and friendly yet professional. Plenty of space to sit down and relax. My one criticism (and I do realise Qatar is a Muslim country) Doha is an International airport and needs a good 'sit down' restaurant (not a take-away) and a bar for travellers. Having said that I look forward to more visits as I found Qatar Airways the best airline that I have flown with.

Doha Airport customer review

I got here early as I thought my Amex Card gave me access to a lounge however only Amex issued in the Middle East can have access so found myself with 2 hours of walking round. When I arrived the queue for the baggage screening was short so was straight in checkin was fast immigration was not so fast and final security check was okay as the immigration lines were throttling the amount of people trying to get through. Once inside you go straight into the duty free area of which there were plenty of cigarettes but everything else seemed to be lacking for example the only decent champagne was a '98 Dom Perignon everything else was Moet or less. To be honest they did have everything you could want i.e. electronics Mont Blanc Hugo Boss etc but the range they had of each was limited and expensive compared to UK High Street prices. There were a few shops on the upper level but the main shopping was a large single shop on the lower level. Food was also limited no restaurants just 2 food courts at separate ends of the terminal both were very busy until gone midnight then they were almost deserted. Opposite the far food court was a small childrens play area. One thing you could find plenty of was toilets and smoking rooms however some of these are 'hidden' so most people crammed into the smaller easily accessible rooms whereas the larger rooms were empty. At the far end of the terminal were a mosque and next to it a quiet room. The quiet room has very comfy chairs but none were free so a few people were sleeping in the mosque despite the sign "No sleeping in the mosque". On a previous visit here I was with BA and had lounge access this makes the airport a much better place to be. Unless you have lounge access this airport is okay for short transits and if you don't have long to wait for your flight but if you are there for more than an hour you may get a little bored.

Doha Airport customer review

I had 1 hour 20 minutes to make a connection. You have to go through security which is the long line when you first get off bus into arrivals lounge. It will take about 20-30 minutes to get through. They were quick to get passengers through. Behind it you will find lot's of stores and boutiques. Bathrooms were clean and efficient. If you're a smoker they have a smoking room. I made my flight with 20 minutes to spare.

Doha Airport customer review

Used the airport 1 week ago as a part of my flight from Singapore to Athens via Doha. A small airport with all the basic facilities you would need for a short transit but if your transit time is long bring along a good book as you might not have much things to do here.

Doha Airport customer review

Aircraft parked remotely and everyone has to be bussed to terminal. Long line at security check but reasonably well organised. Terminal itself is rather boring and announcements too loud. Layovers tend to be long (3-5 hours). Food counters only seem to offer fast food. Coffee expensive (9GBP for 2 coffees!). Toilets overrun at certain times

Doha Airport customer review

Qatar Airways transit arrangements (MXP-DOH-BKK) were first class very quick (5-10 mins once your bus arrived at the terminal) and hassle free even with kids. Economy terminal is really quite nice perfectly adequate and there is a super play area for kids at gate 16.

Doha Airport customer review

I have passed through this airport about 20 times in the past few years I use Economy hence don't get the privilege of accessing the Premium Terminal. Transfer lines just to scan your bag can take up to 45 minutes. The transfer section needs to be thought through given the expansion of Qatar Airways. Staff are either friendly and clueless or just unfriendly. Toilets are disgusting. Very limited food and duty-free options. I'm glad that a new airport is coming up as this airport does not too Qatar Airways' reputation any justice.