Doha Airport

Doha Airport customer review

This airport is a joke for all the tall claims Qatar Airways or their ads make. The Airport is a disaster starting with the longest bus ride from the plane to the Terminal (at time waiting at the door of the plane as the Bus has not yet found its way to us). Once you get to the terminal things get worse. There are two or three outlets where you can buy food. The selection is rubbish service is shabby. The prices are over the top. The available lounges are small and most of the time they refuse to honour the complimentary access assured by our Credit Cards (Platinum and above). I would hate to be stranded there more than an hour or so.

(Spain)

To the previous reviewer: are you sure you are talking about Doha airport? The airport of 2-3 wide-body jets arriving at the same time at 1 am and turning the security area into mayhem. Small and cramped departure areas where people are herded one hour before the boarding and are forced to sit on the floor due to lack of seating? Dingy and smelly toilets. Long bus rides around the runway where often the driver is himself unsure at which aircraft he has to stop. Surly and brusque customer service? Bad ventilation and simply not enough space to contain QR expansion. My last experience was all of the above and worse. Much as I like flying QR I hate this airport and will avoid it until the new terminal opens.

Doha Airport customer review

I cannot understand the very bad reviews of this airport. My husband and I are in our 60's. We had a stop over in Doha visa everything went smoothly. Check in back at the airport fine. The departure lounge is fine eating and shopping. Toilets no problem. We found a seat again without a problem. The bus ride to and from the plane does not take long buses are used in lots of airports. (Our flight arrived in Doha at 01.15am and our departure was 08.45am). We shall have no hesitation when next we travel to Malaysia to use Qatar airways with a stopover in Doha.

Doha Airport customer review

I found arrival with Qatar Airways excellent customs was fast and for the region ok in friendliness. Visa upon arrival possible by credit card and directly at customs check though depending on nationality I guess. Taxis wait outside just around the corner. I found especially departure in the main terminal disturbing for Qatar-standards. I must again admit that check-in customs and security-checks went smooth and fast however that is it. There are few shops that basically all sell the same tax-free items if not coffee. Most disappointing was the food court and choice it was probably amongst some of the poorest I ever seen after travelling to quite some airports in different parts of the world. There are hardly tables available and half of them is reserved for airport and airline staff of which some noisy as well. Ordering service was chaotic and food quality was below average. Also the fact bus transport is used for every flight where you would have expected air-conditioned walking bridges in Qatar instead is a very annoying thing and may indeed take a while to reach the airplane. Toilets not clean and smelly as well. Too bad for Qatar Airways.

(Turkey)

Qatar is a great airline however Doha is the worst airport for a transits. No airbridges long bus rides from aircraft to terminals (very confusing system) crowded toilets even in the middle of the night. It was very tiring and wouldn't want to fly through Doha again.

Doha Airport customer review

Travelled through Doha in September. Very cheap airport lots of bargains in duty free shops very cheap beverages and food. Waited four hours for next plane on the way back to London and because it was after midnight airport was quiet with plenty of seats in the main area and Quiet Zone. Different story on the way to Bangkok. Late afternoon on the way to Bangkok completely different story. Overcrowded dirty toilets no seating left. Smoking rooms are a big joke avoid if you can no sufficient ventilation and too many people inside. Bus service to and from the plane was fast. Overall would not recommend this airport for staying longer than one hour.

(Thailand)

This has got to be one of the worst airports I have been in. Mainly due to the archaic use of busses that take over 20 minutes to get to and from the aircraft to the terminal. And then when checking in with the extremely polite staff everyone must hurdle into a 2nd waiting room to wait for the bus. The lack of services at the airport are very poor. 2 or 3 restrooms tops that have a line out the door for men are packed and in locations not convenient to all passenger waiting areas. Since the current airport is so small the food and shopping options are extremely limited and the shopping is limited to duty free items (and over-priced electronics). The 1 great thing about this airport is the "Quiet Area" where it is dark reclining seats and very quiet if you have a long layover. Made for nice place to nap.

Doha Airport customer review

This airport desperate for an upgrade. The big fancy new Doha airport has had its opening delayed for several years and it shows as Qatar Airlines continues to expand its massive fleet despite the tiny overwhelmed airport that serves as its transit hub. A few problems to note: 1) The bathrooms would be a disgrace for even a small regional airport let alone a global hub. You would be forgiven for thinking the bathroom line is for boarding a plane because it stretches across the halls. Once you reach the inside there are more sinks than toilets. 2) During peak hours people are camped out all over the floors due to the lack of seats. Sleep is impossible because of the crowds. 3) Perhaps overwhelmed by it all staff are generally friendly but unhelpful or surly and unhelpful. For far fewer flights this would be a decently modern little airport. However when crammed in with the rest of the cattle it feels like a terrible place to be. When compared to the hub airports of the other 5 star airlines on skytrax (Singapore Hong Kong Kuala Lumpur - all of which I visited in the last year) it is a joke.

(Denmark)

Travelling with QR we have visit Doha Int Airport every year for the last 6 years. Service and conditions at the Airport is ok for us. We have no problems to find seats while waiting in transit however the toilets area I have seen better in other airports. The main issue for us is how long time it takes to go by bus from the aircraft to the airport. Our experience is from 10 to 25 minutes which is long time when the departure time is 45 minutes. This year July we didn't have to be checked arriving the airport and I have never understand why they check people who arrives in transit. We look forward to see the new Airport next year so we don't have to go by bus from aircraft to terminal.

Doha Airport customer review

Airport does not have enough space to handle all transit passengers. There is nowhere near enough seating and toilets. Having to queue outside the mens toilets was a new experience for me and I felt very sorry for female passengers who had longer queues outside their toilets. Avoid Doha if you possibly can.