Delhi Airport

Delhi Airport customer review

A nice modern building full of rude staff and a terrible lack of co-ordination for passengers in transit. One can wait a long time at the transit desk to be given boarding cards to proceed through security to the departure area and lounges - even Business Class passengers are caught-up in this inefficient mess that can last for hours. The security screening area beyond the transit counter is small and congested with long lines. The quality of the business lounges is generally poor unless you're in the Plaza lounge. Other lounges are exposed to the concourse therefore noisy and insufficiently air-conditioned.

Delhi Airport customer review

Quite impressed with the shiny new airport that came with the Commonwealth Games. A few quirks though. Last place to change money is before security and the retail outlets after don't give great rates. There also seemed to be far more security (6 passport checks) than I've ever experienced.

Delhi Airport customer review

Used both the domestic and international wings of T3 and never been disappointed. Having seen CDG and BCN DEL is impressive. Special mention to baggage arrival which was very quick and the airport express train is very useful. Never transited so can't really comment on that but as far as point to point flights are concerned DEL is an excellent airport.

Delhi Airport customer review

Suprisingly I found Delhi's IGI better than most of the European and American airports. On my way from ORD and transfer to domestic was smooth and hassle free. Courteous staff good food court and decent duty free. Delhi needed this and now they have it.

Delhi Airport customer review

T3 living up to my expectations. New Delhi was requiring such a Fast transport Airport from many years. Thanks to GMR this dream has been engineered. Yet Some reasons make the International Standards feel and Look like National / Urban. Especially The Check out of multi-level parking. The Single Lane run to Exit from Multi-Level Car parking is Absurd. There is a 15min allowance from Payment to Exit time. This Time gets 200% Consumed in the Waiting lane on the Exit path of Multi-level Car parking. The Lane should have been Widened more.

Delhi Airport customer review

Recently travelled to Dubai on Emirates and was pleasantly surprised by the new terminal 3. Modern clean efficient and crisp. Not comparable to KLIA or Dubai or ORD but a big improvement over the dump (old terminal 2). The staff are efficient no one asked for a tip or bribe. Immigration staff helpful though they take their time. Airport staff definitely polite and friendly. Airtel has a phone bank for free calls to the city. Helpful when you've just landed and don't have local SIM card. Mobile phone kiosk (Airtel) provides sim that cranks up in minutes. There is a Left luggage counter next to the Metro station and staff there are helpful. Downside: Food court pricey. Not much in the way of duty free shops. Immigration still takes times especially at peak hours (Late night & early morning ). Cant tell where the int terminal ends and domestic begins. Prepaid Taxiwallahs mostly courteous. Don't expect flash sedans. ( Some cabs are rickety old Ambassadors) Can do with a few more bureau de change kiosks in the arrival area. More Int dep and arrival info displays needed right around the terminal. If you are flying out of Delhi ALWAYS carry your printed e-ticket or they wont let you in. Carry Indian rupees if you want to snack in the food court. They don't take USD or credit cards. Delhi airport has come a long way and is way ahead of many airports in Asia and the Middle East. Give credit where credit is due.

Delhi Airport customer review

I am originally from India myself and sadly Delhi and any airport in India for that matter leaves much to be desired. So far I have not used the new T-3 terminal because I have not been back since 2009. Seems like everything that happens there is chaotic from line-ups to get into the airport to boarding your flight. A few things I should warn you about specially if you've never been there before make sure you take your online flight schedule/ticket etc with you. I know it is only a printed piece of paper but the security personnel don't allow you inside unless you have it. No one is allowed inside the terminal unless he/she has a flight and they want to see the proof. Oh yes be ready to be checked at least three four times. Be ready to be approached by employees (from cleaners to policemen) asking for well let me just say some tip. Feel free to say a firm no. While trying to resolve something try to get to the highest possible official. One more thing don't expect any smiles greetings and or hellos (unless the other person is about to be paid).

Delhi Airport customer review

One of the worst experiences by far that I've ever had in an international airport. Indian government has put a lot of effort into bringing this airport up to par with international standards and it shows in the infrastructure and amenities. Good job to them for that. BUT aside from the infrastructure what really disappointed me and hoards or other passengers around me was the lack of discipline of airport staff lack of knowledge of airport operations and in some cases even their lack of knowledge of English at all. I am an Indian by descent but never had the exposure to learn Hindi over the years. In many instances the immigration and security personnel refused to converse with me in English and kept asking questions in Hindi and looking at me when I did not have a reply. I came in on a connection flight and was flying out to Toronto. I had a total transit time of 2 hrs for the next flight. Although there were numerous staff walking around none were able to assist me in finding my next checkin counter despite my frenzy to catch the next flight. They even had the nerve to tell me that they do not work for the airline and to try and find someone who does. Extremely rude. Finally when I found the checkin counter myself and after waiting 30 mins in line the guy behind the counter tells me I have to fill in some form. When I enquired where to find the form without even lifting his head up says it should be lying around on the counter somewhere. The moment the gate opens its like every man for himself and no order at all. What I don't understand is past the gate and on the walk to the flight there must have been at least 5 points where you are stopped again and asked for passports. I finally thanked my stars when my flight took off and promised myself to pay extra $$ in the future to fly through any other airport but Delhi. I have seen very small cities that have far more organized airports and courteous staff than Delhi.

(Finland)

Changed planes from domestic to international. The airport itself is impressive and a huge improvement compared to the old terminal but the security checks between domestic & international and international and international are badly planned and badly organised: a narrow area with typical chaos endless lines etc. You need 2-3 hrs between flights to get on your next flight even in the daytime when the airport is not busy. The shopping areas are large airy and comparable to many international airports. Moreover we liked the local touches in the interior design very much. If you just have time to enjoy these features due to the badly organised transit and security arrangements.

Delhi Airport customer review

Domestic departure airport is huge and one has to be prepared for a long trek. The shopping area is pleasant prices comparable to a mall. Check in took 10 minutes and likewise for security.