Cochin Airport

"my only gripe would be the loud intercom"

Not Verified | Lovely airport, arrivals was a breeze so was departures, my only gripe would be the loud intercom, it’s way too high and becomes more of an annoyance rather than help. Also the WIFI - won’t get an OTP without an active number and receiving OTP is not practical with most international numbers, make your WiFi free just like DXB airport without the number registration process. It was a hassle when my number didn’t work and had to use my roaming data.
Date VisitMarch 2022

"It is very sad what Cochin airport has come to"

Trip Verified | Very disappointed to see that you are busy aping the western culture and forget our own roots. As an Indian I am very proud of my heritage and all my traditional food. However Cochin airport is a far cry from that. You will happily serve cappuccino coffee to please a foreigner while completely omitting to serve a traditional Indian masala tea or a nice bru coffee. It is very sad what Cochin airport has come to.
Date VisitNovember 2021

"there is a way to handle such things"

Not Verified | The officer at the security was extremely rude and most certainly needs to learn how to interact with travelers. I am a professional and carry a lot of charging cables for various devices - phones, headphones, laptops, etc. They had asked me to take out all electronic devices including cables which is understandable (guess the scanning machines in CIAL are outdated and needs an upgrade). I accidentally missed a couple of cables and a thermometer - I am also a human and can sometimes miss things. The lady officer was so rude and shouting at us (wife, kid and me). The situation would have been very different if she told us in a normal tone. Even my 4 year old was taken aback and was asking me what we did so wrong that she was shouting at me. I totally agree that it was my fault but there is a way to handle such things.
Date VisitOctober 2021

"Security check is a big mess"

Not Verified | Arrival is very convenient for International pax. Departure is a mess. I used this airport in August for AUH flight. At the entrance there is a crowd. Passengers and their non pax relatives are standing in the line. Inside there is a Rapid covid test facility. A money eating one. Same test we do outside for INR 500. In the airport it is INR 2450/. Boarding desks are very slow. Immigration desks are comparatively fast. Security check is a big mess also. Arrogant CISF officers not friendly with pax. Shouting like a fish market. We have to remove all electronic items even chargers and headphones also from our bag. CIAL should replace the scanner with latest technology which could ease passenger movement and security check with lesser time.
Date VisitAugust 2021

"social distancing was not being practiced or enforced"

Trip Verified | Two observations: - I arrived here during Covid restrictions and to my dismay found that social distancing was not being practiced or enforced. Most Officials wore too small a mask to cover their nose and mouth both at the same time, while also, failing to maintain social distance or enforcing them. The flight arriving had passengers from both gulf countries and other internationally connecting flights, where Covid restrictions are strict. To observe a lack of concern for Covid and its prevention, was appalling. - The officer at the corner counter who was supposed to be handing out embarkation forms for foreign nationals was rude not only to myself, but also to an elderly couple who was behind me. He began by pointing out our ignorance, further throwing accusations on how we had not acquired the embarkation forms inflight on Emirates. None of the Emirates staff on a flight from Dubai had even heard about it. (This is after I contacted them about it). The officials on duty need to reminded that they are in the hospitality industry and expected to serve people not to demean or insult them. Or better, post some signs & directions so that we can get these forms on our own without dealing with such personnel.
Date VisitNovember 2020

"no problem at all with queuing and social distance keeping"

Not Verified | In July 2020 we were travelling from Cochi/Kerala via Mumbai to Frankfurt/Germany during Corona-Pandemic. Even in the entrance area to the airport free-Wifi was offered and Aarogya Setu status which was mandatory in order to enter into the airport was easy to present. Ground staff at the entering point as well as in all other areas of the Airport were capable, always friendly and helpful. The organisation in the check-in and all other areas was excellent, no problem at all with queuing and social distance keeping. We could ask questions to anybody of the airport staff and got friendly and helpful answers. The friendly and clean architecture of buildings and interior in combination with friendly and caring staff makes travelling to a nice and comfortable experience. One could easily say that is simply what it should be, but other examples of other airports show that this is not at all the case. Cochi Airport has reached a pleasant chance in appearance of buildings and staff-attitude which makes travelling to a nice and unforgettable experience.
Date VisitJuly 2020

"very clean and tidy"

(Kuwait)

Trip Verified | Very efficient check in staff and immigration process. The only negative side was the security check which always take too much time in this airport. The toilets were very clean and tidy and also the waiting area in departure hall got excellent seating chairs.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"there are no bargains here"

Trip Verified | Arriving was simple. No problems there. Leaving required showing your ticket and boarding pass and/or ticket to the door guard first, then on check in, then when hand luggage is scanned and then again if you purchase anything. It was okay, quite unique in that at the boarding gates all the chairs were grandmas type arm chairs in fabric. Very comfortable I must say. Many stores but I couldn’t get money changed from the money changer as somehow their system was down. So I just spent it (it wasn’t that much) on some gifts. Of course there are no bargains here.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"queue system is horrible"

Not Verified | The queue system is horrible. There is no sign boards besides the security check, other than a printed one on a pole and many things written by hand by a ball point pen. Before the if we place a camera, mobile inside our hand baggage, there was no problem. But now mobile, camera all we have to take out and put in on a tray even from the camera bag. And the officials are not behaving gently. All passengers are required to obey the rules, but here the security staff are too arrogant. And even after emigration about 7 point check system in this airport exists. CIAL should implement new technologies in order to facilitate the moving of passengers within the Terminal.
Date VisitApril 2019

"inefficient, with long unnecessary queues"

Trip Verified | Terrible, unorganised Security/Business Class Experience. There are no priority queues for Business Class passengers during security. The general security queue is inefficient, with long unnecessary queues (and not on account of fellow passengers behaviour). They have 3/4 separate queues for security, each of varying lengths with the final security booths common to all passengers. Resultantly, the passengers stuck in the longest queue inadvertently suffer. Despite reaching sufficiently early to the airport, had to scramble to the gate.
Date VisitApril 2019