Bournemouth Airport

"never enough check in desks open"

Not Verified | The problem is there are never enough check in desks open and queues are horrendous because of this. People getting stressed as a result as no time airside to look around or have a coffee etc. Needs addressing as an hour wait to bag drop is not acceptable!
Date VisitOctober 2019

Bournemouth Airport customer review

Not Verified | Our flight from Murica to Bournemouth was cancelled and the holiday was a disaster but the staff at Bournemouth were so helpful they kept me up to date with information, they sorted all the car parking out and made sure we all made it home without any major issues. The thing was no matter how many people say about the drop off fee of £3 so what for a local airport, 10min drive £40 parking 2min walk to the building nice and calm and relaxing, food was amazing now they have costa so what else would you need.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"it is backward"

Not Verified | Departure. We often fly from Bournemouth, because it is convenient for us. In comparison to other regional airports it is backward. Luckily my wife and I had no hold luggage on our last flight, so we were able to avoid the long queues at the luggage check-in desk.There are no auto baggage check-in machines, as there are, for instance, at Bristol Airport. The cafes ability to provide a good service is widely variable and on one occassion the simple act of obtaining a coffee and snack was a "flustered staff" ordeal. There are not enough staff at the gate, resulting in slow loading of passengers and the solo girl was struggled to cope, when a passenger problem occurred. Arrival. Very poor. No auto passport machines, where on average it takes five minutes to pass. Bournemouth has three desks with border officials, average time to pass is about 10 to 15 minutes if towards the middle/back of the queue. Make sure that you arrive at Bournemouth airport with pounds sterling, as there is no ATM at the arrivals terminal. If you need cash for a taxi, you have to walk to the departures terminal to get it! Transport by bus is not available on weekend afternoons after about 14:30. £3:50 to drop off passengers, which is also added to taxi fares. Conclusion. An underfunded, for profit only airport, which has failed to modernise. It has very little attraction for those who have wider airport experiences.
Date VisitMarch 2019

"airport is small but so unorganised"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Our Ryanair flight was late, we were ushered to the departure gate like sheep with comments of move along please when the aircraft had not even arrived! Made to stand for 1hr and 20 minutes a lot of this time outside, freezing cold. There was absolutely no reason that we could not have waited in relative comfort at the gate. The airport is small but so unorganised. Only 3 flights leaving at the time we departed, they couldn't even look after the customers that were there. I also flew into Bournemouth, arrived at 5pm, the arrivals Hall was absolutely freezing with no facilities and the main departure hall had not one place open to get provisions whilst awaiting collection. Truly terrible. If I could put zero for overall rating I would. Maybe OK for summer but avoid in winter. Will never use again.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"you will alienate the public"

Not Verified | How long will it take for the penny to drop? If you cheat people by charging excess sums for access and drop-off, and even try to prevent pedestrian access at all, you will alienate the public, who will look at alternative airports that give better value (even free) access. This problem just doesn't exist on the continent, so it is just a greedy cash-snatching exercise that produces exactly the opposite result to the one you seek (expansion, profitability, the feel-good factor: whichever it is).
Date VisitDecember 2018

"So slow at checking in"

Not Verified | Wow! So slow at checking in, miserable girl on desk. Never again at this airport! Cafe again very slow at getting the simplest things like coffee, drinks etc.. where do they get these people from is beyond me. Joke airport, sort your staff out before it's too late!
Date VisitOctober 2018

"staff we met were friendly"

Trip Verified | All the staff we met were friendly and made the airport experience so easy. Stress free way to go on holiday. Will definitely use again. Recommended for a calm start to your holiday.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"the staff are so friendly"

Not Verified | Best regional airport in the south, despite all the bad press the staff are so friendly, its clean and tidy, queuing in security is quick and not time consuming. The food is pricey but nice its just a fantastic airport and the car park drop off is £3 for 30 min, its not expensive so people should stop moaning. Great airport needs more flights, free unlimited wifi.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"will always be our first choice airport"

Not Verified | We recently used Bournemouth on a holiday to Majorca. Departing on 4th September coincided with the beginning of the roadworks on the spur road and the normal 50 minute drive took two and a half hours due to the extraordinary traffic jam. We were convinced we would miss our flight and arrived with 15 minutes to go to takeoff. We were met at the door by a staff member of security who told us that quite a few passengers had been delayed. This wonderful lady and her staff rushed us through security and short cuts to the plane, they even carried our large hold suitcase (for security measures) to the hold. You would not get that at Gatwick and without them we would have missed the flight with all the misery to follow. We always use Bournemouth as it is local, manageable and flights have rarely been delayed. I used the car park which only cost £43 for a week and is 2 minutes from the terminal. Bournemouth will always be our first choice airport and is for many of our family. Once again a big thank you to this staff member and her team, we toasted you on the flight.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"the most expensive airport"

Not Verified | This must be the most expensive airport in the UK to park in. I had to fly to Malaga for 3 days. I regularly use this airport and Bristol as well. On the evening before I flew I tried to pre book parking and the normal contractor I use was fully booked. I decided to park in the airports own car parks. Their website wouldn't allow me to book for the following day or at that time. I went to the airport the following morning and saw that the charges were £24.50 for the first day and then £21.50 per day. I left a comment card explaining my issue before departure. When I got back I was charged £91.50 for 3 days and 35 minutes parking. I protested to the general manager who was sympathetic. He passed my query on to their head of parking who was less so and just offered me £20 despite being charged £52 more than had their website been working the night before. I protested again they just stopped responding. I felt totally ripped off by this normally good regional airport and at this time are reluctant to use this airport again.
Date VisitJune 2018