Bordeaux Airport

(Hong Kong)

The Billi terminal is a joke. Passengers should not be treated like animals. Even though it's low cost people are still paying and the lack of facilities in this terminal is incredible. The authorities and the Mayor who took such drastic steps to rejuvenate this city should scrap this terminal altogether. This is the disgrace of Bordeaux and to think this is the place where passengers are welcomed into the city!

Bordeaux Airport customer review

Billi Airport lets the whole of Bordeaux down. It is a wonderful city in all other respects. Had to stand for one hour after passing passport control due to no seats!

Bordeaux Airport customer review

Very disappointed to observe that nothing has changed for 3 years. My experience started when I entered the airport by hire car and could not find the signs for the drop-off point. Nothing of the sort. I had to leave the airport via 'autres directions' and loop round a perimeter road and eventually using guesswork find the Europcar drop-off point. The other disappointment was my wife and I having to lug bags ourselves from the check-in point to another point for them to be X-ray scanned. That was a first for me having travelled around the globe for many years. Very primitive for a 21st-century airport in modern France! Another annoyance was when a tin of 'foie gras' was confiscated by security staff as it did not have a label. Then I went to the refreshment kiosk to buy a soft drink. A can of Coke was priced at 2.40 Euros about 4 times the price in your average supermarket! Profiteering at its ultimate an absolute disgrace! Many companies are offering their services at this airport so why don't they do something about it? Needless to say I will not be using Bordeaux Airport ever again and would urge others not to go anywhere near it.

Bordeaux Airport customer review

Bordeaux is our nearest airport and Gatwick is our usual return destination. So we have a choice of British Airways or Easyjet. The BA flights times are not great Easyjet's are better. Depending what offers are on the prices are often comparable. Unfortunately I took an Easyjet flight and had the extreme displeasure of using the Billi terminal. A cattle-shed basically - although under EU directives I don't think you are actually allowed to treat cattle as they do in the Billi terminal. The length of the queue to check-in was dire. Then queue number 2 is joined to deposit luggage (for which I paid you to handle for me Easyjet) at the scanner while some idle layabout sits and watches. Indeed he only got animated when a surfer dude put his board through and it gets to the right angle turn at the end of the belt. Anything over a standard suitcase is going to get stuck. (There is an oversize luggage belt back in Hall A). Then I can only echo the waiting with 6 seats available. Easyjet what have you done? I presume this cattle shed is to reduce costs that is Bordeaux Airport charges them less to handle the planes luggage etc. It is a bad mistake. It is dreadful. I am afraid you have now driven me to British Airways. I expect to check-in my bag and see it again in London. What next? I have to go out and load it on the plane too? Bordeaux is a nice little regional airport perfectly equipped.

(Spain)

There is only one word for the Billi Terminal and that is disgraceful. My main complaint is that there are no toilets in the terminal with passengers having to walk (or run) to the main terminal to use the facilities there. Before boarding the plane passengers are forced into a small room with hardly any ventilation no seats or toilets. Elderly people have to stand for ages and some people end up sitting on the floor. The same story on the way back no toilets until you have managed to pass through security control and then collected your luggage and gone to the main terminal. I plead with the airport authorities to do something about this and to treat it's passengers with respect and consideration (think about those who are elderly with young children or disabilities or health problems) no matter what airline they are flying on.

Bordeaux Airport customer review

I have to agree with most others here - I had a horrible experience here at the Billi terminal. It was stressful tiring and the Ryanair staff were rude and impatient. I was told to stand in a line that no one was operating and as a pregnant person with back pain from standing it was awful. I will never travel in/out of Bordeaux again and I warn others to avoid it for their sanity.

Bordeaux Airport customer review

At Billi for Ryanair flight and experience once through security can only be described as like a cattle market! Is tiny and difficult to move around as queues for the gates go through the shopping area. Announcements are poor and can hardly hear due to the noise of passengers in this restricted area. Not enough toilets. We had a very uncomfortable and stressful experience.

Bordeaux Airport customer review

As others have said it's a shed. A big wooden shed. My wife agreed it's the worst airport terminal she's ever been to and she's been to Africa! How could they possibly think that a "gate" without seating is acceptable in 2013? How can they think that a bag drop where you queue to have the bag weighed then queue again to put it onto a conveyor belt is providing an acceptable service to travellers in Europe in 2013? Paradoxically the rest of the experience was fine prompt disembarkation when we arrived speedy passage through passport control both ways and reasonably speedy security. It was just that bloody shed with its badly signed directions and lack of seating! They need to get a grip and provide facilities in keeping with the wonderful city they are serving.

(South Africa)

Billi terminal quite a joke whereas the main terminal is quite pleasant. Had to wait there longer than planned due to a delayed flight to Barcelona. Hardly any seating arrangements beyond paying at cafe. No room to manoeuvre between queues cafe customers and shop clients. Boarding "gates" are laughable and boarding areas nothing more than cattle pens. I simply do not know why Bordeaux Airport is not making use of the main terminal to full capacity! I have flown on Air France from the main terminal and it is indeed a different world. At least security was pleasant and efficient as well as the baggage drop facility manned by friendly security staff. I will not even comment on the air ventilation air or the "outside" cafe made up of a van selling overpriced coffees and pastries. Quite sad for a wonderful city like Bordeaux with plenty tourists and business people visiting.

Bordeaux Airport customer review

Billi Terminal is truly awful. Not even any toilets before security control. Virtually no seats at the gate. Rude and disinterested unhelpful staff. The terminal is just a poorly built shed.