Bordeaux Airport

Bordeaux Airport customer review

Ditto to all the other complaints about 'Billi'. The one cafe was massively overcrowded no seating anywhere else. It is a basic warehouse with nil facilities for comfort or safety. The main airport I noticed with all its facilities was almost deserted. Empty of people! Indicating an absolutely idiotic policy of herding their main passenger base through humiliating cattle-like experiences. They are shooting themselves in the foot here. People do not like paying to be insulted. I was especially angry and annoyed to see elderly and disabled with no seating or toilets available even for them.

Bordeaux Airport customer review

Bordeaux Billi - not the main terminal which is perfectly acceptable. The worst experience both for departure (crammed into departure sheds with little/no seating ) and arrival requires that passengers climb +- 20 metal stairs up then down (presumably over the departure gate) carrying a 10 to 20 kilo bag and or pushchair only to find that there are no WC facilities apart from in the main terminal. Who designed this shed and with what kind of service in mind? They tell us that their terminal keeps the price of our tickets low. I do not believe this excuse. It is my belief that they want the experience to be so awful that you will go back to paying Air France over priced fares on short haul flights! This is the worst airport experience I have ever had.

Bordeaux Airport customer review

In relation to Billi: the very worst terminal I've been to. There are 5 areas to this terminal. Baggage arrival Arrivals hall Departures hall Departures and Departure gates (past Frontier police). There are only toilets in Departures. That means you have to walk to the main terminal on arrival or before going into Departures. Once you have passed the frontier police there are no toilets until the plane. If there are two jets leaving close to the same time then the departures area is absolutely swamped. The queues go through the middle of the restaurant and down through the (duty) free store. However the main parts of the airport i.e. Terminals A and B are absolutely wonderful. This new terminal is an ugly stain on the whole show. They should really be listed as separate airports so that to good part does not suffer from the negative reviews of Terminal Billi.

Bordeaux Airport customer review

Flew in and out of the new Billi terminal with Ryanair this September with our children. I would agree with all the other posters that this is the worst terminal I have ever passed through (and I have been through a lot in far flung places). Its not obvious that budget airlines go from this terminal. We had to ask after wandering around the main terminal trying to translate what Billi means in French. With three flights checking in people were queuing out of the door and luckily it was not raining and with only 20 seats plenty of old people and kids were having to stand. No toilets. Then a long wait to get through security and then after that a departure lounge with enough seats for about third of the passengers waiting. The final insult was queuing for boarding where again there was 3 seats and not even enough space for everyone to fit in. Funnily enough by the time our kids got on the plane they were pretty grumpy and so was I. Worst terminal par excellence.

Bordeaux Airport customer review

I've been flying in and out of Bordeaux airport for 12 years (and I've lived here for 5 years now) and it was always a pleasant experience until the opening of the new Billi terminal. There are no toilets where you check-in and no toilets after having gone through immigration (where you usually have to wait 40mins - 1 hr before being put on the plane). Very little seating once you're through security you have to weigh your bags and then take them to be put through the scanning machine. The shops are ridiculously expensive. The main issue is what happens once you're through customs there are usually 4 seats (for a plane load of people) and no toilets or any other amenities for some reason you're checked through customs about 1 hr before departure so you have to wait a long time standing up (why can't we go through customs when we're actually ready to board the plane? Lastly arrivals is also a joke no toilets when you're waiting for your luggage to arrive. There are also no toilets for those in arrivals waiting for family/friends. Billi terminal will deter people from flying to Bordeaux the only reason I use it is because I don't have a choice as I live here.

Bordeaux Airport customer review

The Billi terminal will deter us from flying to Bordeaux again: we cannot understand why the city of Bordeaux considers it acceptable for its visitors to arrive and depart from such a dire terminal (see other comments below none of which have been addressed). 0/10. The terminal also reflects badly on the airlines who use it: we flew with EasyJet who usually treat their customers far better than this.

Bordeaux Airport customer review

The Billi terminal is a disgrace it treats no-frills passengers like cattle. Lifting your luggage on and off the scales and then taking it to a conveyor belt. It's appalling from start to finish we only have low cost flights locally so why penalise us.

Bordeaux Airport customer review

In general a smooth-running and convenient airport easy city bus access every ten munutes (line 1). One minor drawback - there is not enough parking you can spend 20 minutes driving around the car-park looking for a space. But you can easily park free of charge in a side street in nearby Merignac and catch the bus every ten minutes. And one huge drawback - the dreadful new low-cost (in every respect!) terminal rejoicing in the irritating name of Billi. Total absence of comfort in arrivals there are no toilets available to those meeting pax no airport information desk and no machine to pay car-parking you have to go back to the other terminals - outside in the rain! Obviously the national airline put pressure on the airport to stop low-cost passengers enjoying the same facilities as other airlines.

Bordeaux Airport customer review

Having lived in France for the last 20 years I have seen the growth of Bordeaux Airport. However the last trip to UK found me searching for Billi only when I got to Hall B was there any indication of where Billi was. Having stood in the queue to register and then carry my luggage to be loaded I found there was no where to put the luggage trolley no seats to sit and in entering the waiting area little services at extortionate rates no toilet facilities and only when one passed through immigration were any available. While waiting at the departure gate we were herded like cattle no toilet facilities no seating for the elderly and infirm and a total lack of courtesy from the staff in attendance. On arrival at Bordeaux once again there were no luggage trolleys they were found outside.

Bordeaux Airport customer review

Waiting to board a flight at the Billi terminal is something I do not wish to experience ever again. We were dropped off at the departures terminal and took a few minutes to work out where exactly our flight was departing from - unclear signage. On finding Billi we waited in a queue for over 30 minutes when we had already checked in on-line to discover than the girls on the desk were writing luggage tags and boarding cards by hand (in 2010!). We then had our luggage weighed and then had to collect them to queue again to put the bags through a security check (2nd passport check of the day). Then came the third queue to have our passport checked again to go through hand luggage security which we then queued for again. After clearing security there was very little space to repack hand luggage put on belts & shoes watches etc. We then went through to the departure lounge (read shed) where we paid 9euro for water and a sandwich and queued to use the only toilet. (There are no toilets whilst waiting to check-in/ bag drop or whilst waiting to board the plane). The seating are for eating/ waiting is smaller than the duty free shop and has one information board facing at the duty free shop with the back of a TV the only view to those waiting to board flights. Then came the worst part - boarding. We queued again to have our passports checked and then ticked off on a list by hand (where are the electronic systems) only to be crammed into a space with no windows what seemed like no air conditioning no toilets 4 seats people on crutches standing people with children sitting on the floor and a general feeling of being herded like cattle into a confined space. The place should be pulled down!