Ukraine International

"most pathetic airline"

Trip Verified | I travelled from Delhi to Toronto on 17th December and this was the most pathetic airline to ever travel with. Firstly the flight was delayed at destination for more than one hour and the food was disgusting. The crazy thing was that during our international travel we got domestic plane till Kiev. Finally when we reached Toronto we came across the fact that our bags were missing and their was no proper info about the bags with the faculty members. I received my bag after 4 days and the management did not find necessary to compensate for such hazardous service and were very rude till the end.
RouteDelhi to Toronto via Kiev
Date FlownDecember 2019

"worst flight I have ever been on"

Not Verified | Gatwick to Delhi via Kiev. I think that this is the worst flight I have ever been on. The crew service was diabolical. As soon as we took off, after a 20 minute delay due to ‘technical difficulties’, water started to drip on me. I pressed a button to alert the assistant to come and clean it up. She didn’t come for 30 minutes. When she finally came, I received very rude treatment, and she refused to clear it up - she told me to get my own tissues and to wipe it up. After a 4 hour journey that was only supposed to take three hours we finally arrived in Kiev. I wasn’t surprised when I found out that there was a two hour delay. After two hours we were told that there was an 8 hour delay, and that it will take off next morning. Fortunately, I was given a hotel room to stay in for the night because I have a British passport, but for those who didn’t have a British passport were forced to pay for their own hotel room, or to spend the whole night in the airport. I returned to the airport the nest morning thinking that things couldn’t get worse, but they were about to. We took of in a plane with screens, but within half an hour we had to return back to Kiev yet again because of ‘technical difficulties’. We had to take of in a smaller aircraft with no screens for a 6.5 hour journey. I really don’t think that it can get worse than this, and I strongly advise anybody reading this to not book with this airline.
RouteGatwick to Delhi via Kiev

"just a rip off"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Toronto via Kiev. First of all, I want to start with Ukraine Airlines is the worst company ever I`ve seen. My flight was on December 16th I came from Turkey to Kyiv then Canada. It was a connecting flight - during the connection, they made me paid $200 Canadian dollars just for a carrier bag and it was less than 5 kg. My complaint is this is just a rip off thing. Me and my family I used to like to travel with this airlines but this time no. I`m really unhappy and dissatisfied. I'm not going to fly with Ukraine Airlines anymore.
RouteIstanbul to Toronto via Kiev
Date FlownDecember 2019

"set up to fail their customers"

Trip Verified | UIA seems systematically set up to fail their customers. UIA cancelled a flight I had booked with only 2 weeks left to go to the departure date because of “financial stability concerns”, they did not even call me or send any information via text to inform me. Their only communication was an email with a subject line of “Flight Number Change” and the email contained no information about what my alternatives were. I would have definitely missed this if I wasn’t lucky to read my emails carefully and follow up. I was unable to rebook my flight using their online booking portal so I had to call in. Their customer service representatives are based in Ukraine and are not good at speaking English. The UIA app crashes. It does not give notifications. Boarding passes that were booked seem to just disappear from the app. 4. Their operations managers misrepresent Visa requirements. One of them in New York mistakenly understood a new visa directive from the Indian Consulate and refused to let me board. He claimed I didn’t have the right travel documentation. When I pointed out his mistake in understanding, he took over 45 minutes trying to prove me wrong before he accepted what was clearly written in English. UIA did not tell anyone via an airport announcement or email notification that our flight is going to be delayed. Worse the flight they rebooked didn’t have capacity for everyone. Not a single UIA employee would admit this and this is disaster. No email about this. Nothing at the information desk. As a result, no traveller has any idea if they will or will not get on the next flight. It is almost like they want you to miss your delayed connecting flight because they don’t have enough seats to accommodate everyone. They require that you check-in again for the delayed flight but they will not explicitly tell you this. Once too many people check in, they will either not assign you a seat or revoke the seat you were assigned, or assign seats in asinine ways such as give seats to the children but not to their parents. If you raise alarm or concern, everyone one of their agents will lie to you and tell you that “things will be ok” (so that you leave them alone) or say that they have no information. They are not nice. Not even a little bit. You are an annoyance to them and they have no competition they can lose your business to once you land in Kiev. Next, UIA will constantly change the gate you are expected to show up at and give you less than 10 minutes notice at times. They do not announce gate changes over the intercom. Even the delayed flight was delayed by another 2 hours due to ops issues where they did not load the bags in time or have the proper flight documentation.
RouteKiev to Delhi

"Worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | Berlin to Delhi via Kiev. Worst airline ever, beside the cabin crew it couldn’t be worse. On our flight to Delhi, we had to return to Kiev due to technical reasons, which was very weird. When the captain announced this, all alarms in the cockpit could be heard, which was kind of disturbing. After landing, the airplane made weird sounds. Afterwards, we got shifted to the next day just to have another delay of many hours. We still sitting at Kiev Airport not knowing if when we fly.
RouteBerlin to Delhi via Kiev

"Lack of transparency"

Trip Verified | London to Delhi via Kiev. Ridiculously old planes. Rude staff. Lack of transparency / information Even when Kiev being their hub, it hard to find a representative from the airline at the airport. Cascaded delays for our flight for 20 hours. Passengers left without information.
RouteLondon to Delhi via Kiev
Date FlownDecember 2019

"By far the worst airline"

Not Verified | Kiev to New York. By far the worst airline I have ever dealt with. This is the second time they have cancelled a flight and moved it to the next day. I have lost over $3000 on connecting flights now with them. I now understand why their customer service counter is behind glass and why they have metal detectors before entry.
RouteKiev to New York
Date FlownNovember 2019

"telling me it was internet problems"

(Greece)

Not Verified | Athens to Kiev. Is the worst company. The site wrote that there is a problem with verify bank account so i decide to book through other company. Few minutes later i get booking number. Of course they start to make me stupid and telling that it was internet problems, but i know that it was written error.
RouteAthens to Kiev
Date FlownNovember 2019

"seat was extremely dirty"

Trip Verified | Kiev to Toronto. I was pretty excited to hear that Ukraine has updated their service and planes recently! But unfortunately my expectations wasn’t even close to reality! A 20 year old plane, the seat was extremely dirty and disgusting, crumbs everywhere. The tables was carrying the food and splashes since last flight. Customer service seems to have a little improvement. But you get only water and everything extra is for $. I personally, bought an expensive ticket , it was around 1500$ and I couldn’t even get a free sparkling water for this price. UIA still extremely far away to be called “improved airlines”.
RouteKiev to Toronto
Date FlownOctober 2019

"gone backwards in quality"

Not Verified | This airline has gone backwards in quality. As a professional musician I travel with my guitar. It’s in a soft shell case and fits into the overhead bin with ease. Flying in to Ukraine there was no problem with my carryon. Heading home I tried to board and the said I need to book an extra seat for the guitar. After pleading with them for 30 minutes the charged me $80 Euros to board with the guitar. They charged both my colleague and I $15 euros each for a paper boarding pass. We tried to check in online and there was no mechanism to do so.. (major scam) on the plane seats so tight you can’t lower the meal tray. The airline is so far below par it makes third world airlines look good.
RouteKiev to Amststerdam