Transavia

"impossible to communicate with them"

Trip Verified | Please stay away from this airline. It is impossible to communicate with them. Messages are not answered, phones are not working. We booked the flight for 28/12 but when we checked their schedule, this flight is not scheduled anymore apparently being cancelled. Nobody notified us and it is impossible to confirm or not confirm cancellation.
RoutePorto to Funchal
Date FlownDecember 2021

"This company does not value customers"

Trip Verified | Transavia treated us terribly. From the ticket agent who rudely declared we couldn’t fly (because she couldn’t communicate the document they needed) to the mechanical issues that forced us to deplane after boarding to the way that they crammed us into a bus and forced us to stand together like sardines for an hour on the tarmac, this was one of the worst airline experiences of my entire life. This company does not value customers. I don’t care how cheap they are, I’ll never fly with them again.
RouteParis to Lisbon
Date FlownDecember 2021

"did nothing to enforce covid regulations"

Not Verified | Dirty old aircraft, extremely uncomfortable despite having an entire row to myself due to the seat design. Cabin crew friendly enough but did nothing to enforce covid regulations. I was seated opposite a customer with her unmasked nose on display and it remained like that for the rest of the flight. She wasn't the only one and cabin crew said nothing to anyone. They spent most of the flight hiding behind a curtain. The aircraft was also disgustingly dirty and had obviously been in this state for some time. Transavia also refuse to take cash which means you need to have a card they accept to buy any of their low quality, overpriced refreshments. They also made some weird announcement about people not being able to take pictures or video onboard. Obviously an attempt to cover up their lack of cleanliness and safety.
RouteFaro to Amsterdam
Date FlownDecember 2021

"Lost baggage and then no help"

Trip Verified | Lost baggage and then no help. First time flyer with Transavia and wouldn’t again. The flight itself was fine, nice plane although maybes a little dirty and lovely flight staff. If something goes wrong though you’re on your own. My checked suitcase didn’t leave the airport with us and it took 7 days before they found it. Now an unclaimed large suitcase sitting in an airport for 7 days just wouldn’t happen. I assume that they don’t make any effort and wait for someone else to ask if the luggage is one of their passengers. Once found now on my 3rd week and back home, we’re no where near getting our belongings back. I’m being told to wait with no approximate timescale such as days, weeks, months before they can get it back to me. I’m not even sure I’ll get it back. And as others have said, claiming expenses for essentials while you’re on holiday with none of your belongings is met with misplaced emails that miraculously appear after a lengthy phone call. Then you get a response asking for more information. Come on Transavia, mistakes happen which aren’t in your control but you don’t need to do much to make your customers feel cared for. Can someone please just help.
RouteParis Orly to Malaga
Date FlownOctober 2021

"delays in both flights"

Trip Verified | Transavia managed to have delays in both flights, dirty cabin and extremely long waiting times for luggage. For the price you pay it's ridiculous service.
RouteTenerife to Amsterdam
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"they won’t let us board"

Trip Verified | I arrived at 5am, an hour and 15 min before gate closing. We mentioned this to the staff who seemed on oblivious. 50 minutes in line only to be told they won’t let us board. We did not need to deposit bags just pick up our boarding pass. This is now 10 to 6. The monitor showed they are still boarding and terminal one in Schiphol isn’t big. No one gave us warnings even tho they claimed they did. Meanwhile the screens still say boarding. We walk over to customer service, they were telling us we can’t board we can clearly see calls for boarding than final call. Easy could have made. Worst case scenario we won’t get it and I still have to buy a second ticket. Which we did but not by them cuz they said they they didn’t have any but we found tickets tickets cheaper on another site for way cheaper. I paid 330 euro one way. This cost me 200 for me and my gf. It also wasted our day of our life The counter ladies were seven more rude. Not attempting to help us and even laughing at us and talking down at us like children. While Transavia is a budget airline I never felt this frustrated at the lack of effort and empathy to help it’s clients.
RouteAmsterdam to Corfu
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"avoid this airline in future"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airline I’ve ever flown. No mask enforcement. Over 1 hour 30 mins late departure. No apology, no explanation at check in. There were two agents checking boarding passes at the gate with a scanner. There was no checking of EU covid passport details. The Faro flight was combined with the Seville flight and all passengers had to checked manually. Appalling service. Have never experienced such a farce on any other low cost airline. I will actively avoid this airline in future.
RouteAmsterdam to Seville
Date FlownAugust 2021

"Chose this airline because it is only direct flight to Amsterdam"

Trip Verified | Chose this airline because it is only direct flight to Amsterdam. Little did we know they are notorious to tell you once you are onboard, you are going to fly to another island to pick up more passengers (making up excuses that another flight on that island had a long inspection). So now we are traveling for two hours longer. Two take offs two landings, sitting on the plane while they pack up the flight to a max, then refuel). I guess it’s too expensive for them to fly two half empty planes, do they are going to make you pay for it. Unbelievable! Glad we don’t have a connection in Amsterdam.
RouteSantorini to Amsterdam
Date FlownJuly 2021

"not wearing their masks properly"

Not Verified | Passengers and crew not wearing their masks properly. Crew removed mask to shout in the middle of the airplane. Unacceptable behavior. Avoid at all cost.
RoutePorto to Amsterdam
Date FlownJuly 2021

"there were so many other passengers not wearing their masks properly"

Trip Verified | This is the third time I have flown Transavia since Covid entered our world. Twice (round trip Paris-Crete) and recently from Paris to Tivat (Montenegro). Each time despite making repeated announcements in various languages about how mask wearing is mandatory, the stewards/esses walk by the people with masks around their necks or their noses out and don't say a word. The photos below are the men across from me at the start of the flight and towards the end. As you can see no change over a 2.5 hour journey. And these photos are the ones I managed to take discretely - there were so many other passengers not wearing their masks properly.
RouteParis Orly to Tivat