Transavia

"no cleaning of the plane has been done"

Trip Verified | Flight started with severely disorganized and chaotic boarding process. We had paid extra for priority boarding only to hear at the gate that no priority boarding is supposed to happen on this flight (at least we were pushed to the head of the queue afterwards, but WTH?) The boarding itself apparently was started before the plane has even landed after its previous flight. As a result, the entire passenger queue, already after passing the passes control, has been waiting for another 20 minutes standing and waiting while the plane was being unloaded. Obviously, no cleaning of the plane has been done - we have found some used napkins on our seats. Speaking of the seats, those were extremely uncomfortable. They did have an average leg space for a low-cost, I'll give them that, but they had no proper head support and did not provide proper back support either. The armrests could only have been raised halfway, so you had a choice to either feel them at your sides or at your shoulders (normally we would just push the armrest between our seats up and fly without). I've even witnessed one of our fellow passengers standing up at the aisle for a while to read and rest from these seats. Now I'm writing this from home with severe back pain that I've experienced for the first time in my life after this flight and I blame the seats. For the reference, the specific plane was PH-HZX. Curiously enough, the first flight (AMS-SVQ) didn't have these issues - the only thing I can whine about was the long queuing time at the airport, but I expected nothing better during the holiday season anyway. In any case, now my stance towards the airline is never again, unless I'm really forced to.
RouteSeville to Amsterdam
Date FlownMay 2022

"flying with you annually for the past 7 years. Never again"

Trip Verified | I have never been so offended by a service provider as this airline. First off, does this company even exist, as far as customer service is concerned, apart from over the phone? There is certainly no customer service at their counter at Schiphol airport. I was just told to get in touch by phone. A ticket I had purchased with them allows me to rebook my flight any number of times during a period of one year. The flight was initially booked for December 2021 but had to be rebooked when the Netherlands went into hard lockdown. I could not rebook the flight for the desired date of December 2022 as the airline had no flight schedule in place for the winter 2022 season. I was therefore forced to rebook the ticket to an unwanted date (March 2022). Come March 2022, their schedule was still not out so I had to rebook to another unwanted date (April 2022), so as not to lose the ticket, incurring extra charges on both occasions, all for no purpose. As the (unwanted) flight date drew near, and, with a winter 2022 schedule still not out and no more available dates left to book past April 2022, I contacted the airline to ask for a voucher/credit but was denied one, resulting in the ticket being forfeited. A customer forfeiting a ticket because of administrative issues i.e. being forced to book unwanted dates only to forfeit the ticket? I have a right to a booking, to hold on to that booking, and to rebook my flight to the desired date. None of those rights have been respected. International flights can be booked a year in advance, apparently not in this instance. What do you call it when an airline forces you to book unwanted dates and incur extra charges only to forfeit your ticket. I have a term for it. Let the reader judge. What makes it worse is their agents’ unprofessionalism and/or deliberate evasion of the subject matter. When I asked them for a voucher and pointed out there were no more dates to rebook their responses, included, for example: "I understand your situation, however, as per company policies we won't be able to offer you a voucher. Our winter season flight will be out towards the end of April. However, once (they mean “since”) the flight is booked for tomorrow, if you do not want to lose the ticket, please change the route and date of your ticket. You can try and change it for October, so you do not have to change it again before the winter season flights are out.” This is just one example of the astonishing drivel I have received as a response. How can I change the flight for October if there are no flights in October, the subject matter being the Dubai-Amsterdam leg? How can I even “change it again (in April I assume) before the winter season flights are out” when there are no more flights dates left to rebook to? And even if there were, just to incur unnecessary costs? Is this deliberate evasion of the topic or lack of knowledge or what? Not only am I unnecessarily out of pocket, I’m without recourse, having contacted every relevant body. Thank you Transavia. I’ve been flying with you annually for the past 7 years. Never again.
RouteDubai to Amsterdam
Date FlownApril 2022

"definitely fly again with Transavia"

Trip Verified | Typical lcc. Booking process is very convenient. Changing reservations is no problem, even when using the telephone hotline. There is no waiting time, and they are very helpful and friendly! Departure was only slightly delayed, cabin staff was very friendly. The atmosphere was relaxing and professional. The food is not too expensive and of acceptable quality. Will definitely fly again with Transavia!
RouteAmsterdam to Innsbruck
Date FlownApril 2022

"intend to survive being non-ethical"

Trip Verified | It was going to be my first flight with this airline, and I was looking forward having this experience, as they belong to AF/KL group and have many flights in Europe. A couple of weeks after buying my non-refundable ticket, they canceled the flight. They offered a new flight, that was not suitable to me, as well a the refund option, that I chose. They inform they would refund within 2 weeks. The following weeks, they went on sending the same information about flight cancelation, and I could check my reservation had not been cancelled. They did not refund me. Suddenly i received an email remembering check-in policies. Therefore I called their "service center", that was quick to answer. They indeed then cancelled my reservation, and said I would receive a refund within 2 weeks. Immediately after my call, I received an email from Transavia stating that I had decided to cancel a non-refundable reservation, and therefore would not be allowed to refund. I called again, and they said they kind-of fixed it. Then I received an email, informing of a refund on process. So far, no money; I understand that airline suffers from financial troubles. However, I wonder how they intend to survive being non-ethical. They are cutting the branch where they are sitting. Air travel is a matter of trust. We trust that we are dealing with safe and honest service provider. If they fail in being fair with us, it is the whole image which is damaged.
RouteMarseille to Rennes
Date FlownApril 2022

"I will avoid this airline in the future"

Trip Verified | The airline is fine if there is not a problem, if you don’t mind many needless indignities and discomforts, but it’s a terrible airline if anything goes wrong. Just experienced a two hour delay due to a late arriving aircraft and there was no communication from the airline, nothing on the airport screens, and no information available through the app or flight tracking sites. Even the delayed incoming flight could not be found. When arriving at Orly, the buses us into a non-Schengen gate, where we all had to go through passport control despite this being a Schengen area flight. Bags also took a long time to be delivered. The crew is nice, but the seats are cramped and the cabin was filthy. The fare we paid was the same as Air France on the same route, even though it’s sold on the same website, belies the complete lack of services. I will avoid this airline in the future.
RouteAthens to Paris Orly
Date FlownApril 2022

"this shows their lack of professionalism"

(Spain)

Not Verified | On the day 12th of January 2022, we had a flight from Amsterdam to Reykjavik at 16:45 - Flight HV 6887. This flight was canceled due the weather conditions in Iceland. In order to enter Iceland, we had to do an antigen test prior 72h the entry to the country. Our country of origin was Spain, where we paid €40 for two antigen tests, then we spent two days in Amsterdam and everything was planned in order to have the test still valid to travel to Iceland. Obviously we never took into consideration that our flight was going to be canceled and since that happened, we asked to a lady at Transavia’s counter if we had to repeat the test and her answer was “no, your test will still be valid”. The next day, when we managed to get to Schiphol Airport, we went again to ask at the Transavia’s counter to make sure if we had to do the test, and this time the answer was “yes, otherwise you might not be able to enter in Iceland”. So we repeated the test, which cost us €116. I emailed them that the fact that we had to repeat the test wasn’t our fault and if there was any chance to get a refund, and I didn’t get an answer in more than two months, the first email I sent was on the 13th of January, then again on the 21st of January (no answer from them) and again out the 15th of March, when I’ve been told that they couldn’t do anything because the flight was canceled due the weather conditions. What upsets me the most is the fact that two of their operators gave me two different answers, I’ve never got any apologies from them about this whole situation and they took more than two months to give me an answer. The final answer I’ve got was after five days that I’ve sent them the second reminder. They don’t seem to care much about their customers and it seems that they’re not really trained to deal with a situation like the one I had, this shows their lack of professionalism and it’s the reason why I will never travel with them again.
RouteAmsterdam to Keflavik
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"they didn't have the time to let her in"

Not Verified | My mother went to the airport 3 hours before the departure of her flight, and she did her check-in on time. She waited in the lounge for the departure, she showed up at the gate at 15min before the departure. The flight crew forbids her to enter the flight stating that the gate was closed, they also told her she can take the next flight without having to pay. They had time to go take the luggage out of the plane, but they didn't have the time to let her in! There weren't any LAST CALL for the flight at the airport. On the gate, they said they asked for her at the lounge. I tried to call the customer service, the woman said that is written on the boarding pass that passengers should show up at the gate at least 30min before the flight, when it actually says that the boarding starts 30min before the flight.
RouteBeirut to Paris
Date FlownMarch 2022

"impossible to communicate with them"

Trip Verified | Please stay away from this airline. It is impossible to communicate with them. Messages are not answered, phones are not working. We booked the flight for 28/12 but when we checked their schedule, this flight is not scheduled anymore apparently being cancelled. Nobody notified us and it is impossible to confirm or not confirm cancellation.
RoutePorto to Funchal
Date FlownDecember 2021

"This company does not value customers"

Trip Verified | Transavia treated us terribly. From the ticket agent who rudely declared we couldn’t fly (because she couldn’t communicate the document they needed) to the mechanical issues that forced us to deplane after boarding to the way that they crammed us into a bus and forced us to stand together like sardines for an hour on the tarmac, this was one of the worst airline experiences of my entire life. This company does not value customers. I don’t care how cheap they are, I’ll never fly with them again.
RouteParis to Lisbon
Date FlownDecember 2021

"did nothing to enforce covid regulations"

Not Verified | Dirty old aircraft, extremely uncomfortable despite having an entire row to myself due to the seat design. Cabin crew friendly enough but did nothing to enforce covid regulations. I was seated opposite a customer with her unmasked nose on display and it remained like that for the rest of the flight. She wasn't the only one and cabin crew said nothing to anyone. They spent most of the flight hiding behind a curtain. The aircraft was also disgustingly dirty and had obviously been in this state for some time. Transavia also refuse to take cash which means you need to have a card they accept to buy any of their low quality, overpriced refreshments. They also made some weird announcement about people not being able to take pictures or video onboard. Obviously an attempt to cover up their lack of cleanliness and safety.
RouteFaro to Amsterdam