Thomas Cook Airlines

"seats extremely uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Los Angeles. We flew premium outbound and economy inbound as no premium seats available. Premium ok for what we paid and tolerable for 11 hour flight. Economy seats extremely uncomfortable despite having exit seats. Don't recline, narrow and not tall enough for tall people. On both legs, food portions and type were inadequate for the length of the journey. We were hungry. Not enough drinks service. Lights are put out and you're encouraged to sleep. Only pro is cost in comparison to other airlines, direct flight and on time. Staff were fine.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteManchester to Los Angeles
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"took an hour for the luggage"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Manchester. It took an hour for the luggage to come out onto the conveyor. The staff working in the baggage claim were not at all informative as to why the bags were delayed or if they were coming. It seems like TC should let passengers know what is going on and for goodness sakes apologize. Even train companies apologize for delays and their tickets don’t cost as much. As it turned out, my father was dying in hospital and I got and hour less to be w him. While the crew on the way out were charming, the crew on the way back were dreadful. They were rude, didn’t smile. They had No landing cards. And the lights were on for most of the flight so I got no sleep. I will not fly TC ever again.
RouteOrlando to Manchester
Date FlownOctober 2018

"still waiting for some feedback"

Not Verified | Corfu to Gatwick. MT 1026 outbound flight, within half an hour of take off with various free magazines and newspapers, I was offered a complimentary breakfast and a bottle of wine. Drop down flight monitors provided good information about arrival time, and the outside temperature. MT 1027 Arrived at the airport and almost immediately Thomas Cook reps had vanished, tiny airport. Flight was on time - service was very poor on board, when the food came round I was told that I would have to pay for anything I wanted, even though I stated I did not have to pay from the UK. I was really annoyed by this double standard on board - nobody seemed to care. A Thomas cook holiday costing nearly eight hundred pounds should include free food and beverages both ways. It seemed I as a passenger didn't matter during the rush to get back to the UK (they couldn't even be bothered to switch on the flight destination screens). I was sent an email asking for my review, and I am still waiting for some feedback. If it were my business I would want to know good or bad comments, and then improve the shortfalls.
RouteCorfu to Gatwick

"Simply terrible"

Trip Verified | Fuerteventura to Gatwick. Simply terrible, 6 kg max for cabin baggage (ridiculous) and I got charged 65 pounds because mine was 6.5 kg, just before the boarding. No more words are necessary
RouteFuerteventura to Gatwick

"most uncomfortable seat"

Not Verified | Orlando to Gatwick. We chose this flight because of schedule, non-stop. What a tragic mistake, seats don’t recline and the smallest most uncomfortable seat. They didn’t load cups for hot beverages so no coffee or tea and no alternate offered. Difficult to get a cup of water on a long 8.5 hour flight which was late taking off. Staff was always in a hurry but found to be chatting in the galleys, minimal effort. This will be a skip in the future.
RouteOrlando to Gatwick
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"staff couldn’t care less"

Not Verified | Newcastle to Tenerife. Booked flights 8 days ago, received email yesterday to say seats changed, when I phoned they advised flight time change to a completely different day. No thought for time of work, car booked in to car park etc. Their staff couldn’t care less at the distress and upset caused, stating the flight is cancelled yet still advertising it on their booking site. I’ve had to change flights, from a different airport at a cost of £240 and one day less on my holiday!
RouteNewcastle to Tenerife
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"flights were really good"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Orlando return. Both flights were really good. Seats were comfy and had plenty of leg room. All cabin crew on both flights were brilliant and helpful. Aircraft was very clean, especially the toilet areas. Both take off and landings were smooth, some of the best landings I’ve experienced. Only down side was paying for extras like movies and drinks, but it’s a small price to pay for how good the flight was. Will fly again in future!
AircraftA330-243
RouteManchester to Orlando

"good value for money"

Not Verified | Having used BA, Virgin and SAA before I was pleasantly surprised with Thomas Cook, check in was smooth and flight only 10 mins late leaving, flight itself was smooth and and seat was reasonable for 12 hour flight, crew were polite and the James Martin meal was good, landed on time. I paid for priority bording but aside for security at Gatwick it was a waste of money, the meal on return from Cape Town was locally sourced and poor, inflight entertainment is basic and cost £5 to upgrade so I would suggest a book or kindle although the screens on the A330 are very good and have a usb port, TC charge for cheap earphones and best to take your own, snacks and drinks are extra so suggest you get some before boarding. Overall good value for money at nearly £900 cheaper than BA for 2 and the A330 is a far better plane than the BA747. TC flight slot was akward arriving at Cape Town 23.05 and departing there at 00.30 but that was only on the dates I selected.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Cape Town
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"sat bolt upright for 11 hours"

Trip Verified | I flew from Manchester to Las Vegas in so-called "Premium Economy". The scheduled plane had a fault so a replacement was provided. During the 11 hour flight we found out that the seats did not recline. We sat bolt upright for 11 hours! As far as I am aware this plane was designed for short haul only. My legs were killing me after only a few hours. On the return flight I chose a bulkhead seat in order to expect good legroom. Big mistake! I am 6ft 2ins and the space between the seat and the bulkhead was ridiculously small. Once again stretching my legs was impossible. 10 hours with my legs tucked underneath is no joke! A complaint to Thomas Cook was sent and they scandalously refused to answer any questions about legality of the seating simply referring me to an independent tribunal panel at a cost of £25! Thomas Cook has "opted out" of the CAA complaints review service and they in turn also referred me to the tribunal panel. Disgusting is the only word I have for this airline. Never again will I use them and if you want to I suggest that you read the rest of the scathing reviews. Your choice!
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteManchester to Las Vegas
Date FlownApril 2018

"airline I’ll never fly again"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Cancun. 1 hour delay, extra suitcase charges are extortionate (up to USD185 for extra 20kg if paid on the day, 50% discount if paid before). They only allow 6kg hand luggage. Probably the most uncomfortable long haul flight seats I’ve sat on. Poor food/meal and you have to pay for all drinks during the flight (including soft drinks). There was no option to upgrade to business class and have a more comfy seat (premium class are next to emergency exits and only give you extra leg room). At face value it seems like a cheap flight option, but the reality it isn’t and is an airline I’ll never fly with again.
RouteGatwick to Cancun