Thomas Cook Airlines

"happy flying Thomas Cook"

Not Verified | We have always been happy flying Thomas Cook. The flights have always been smooth takeoffs and landings. and aircrew very helpful and efficient. The seating is a bit tight, but otherwise, everything else is fine. Disabled assistance is very good.
RouteGatwick to Tunisia
Date FlownMarch 2019

"Not worth the money!"

Trip Verified | London Gatwick to Banjul with Thomas Cook. Premium seats are exactly the same seats as economy. Food is no different from what you get normally or very little change at best. Entertainment is an overhead screen. Long way to go to call this premium! Not worth the money!
RouteGatwick to Banjul
Date FlownMarch 2019

"Pleasant and professional staff"

Not Verified | After reading some of the very negative reviews I regretted having bought a one way flight to Goa. However, it turned out that the meagre price of £154.00 was well spent. I'm a regular long distance traveller who likes a bargain flight and Thomas Cook ticked all the boxes. Pleasant and professional staff, bright cabin with 242 layout and much comfier economy seat than Norwegian long haul. Decent legroom too. Meal was tasty and sufficent was included and followed later with an Afternoon tea unlike Norwegian and two out of 4 trolley runs served free drinks. Okay, no paying entertainment was very restricted but I watched two films and a tv show as well listened to a bit of music. Timely flight. In all thumbs up and I'll be back again.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Goa
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"clearly marked Gluten Free Meal"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Holguin return. Beware if you are on a strict Gluten Free diet, On the outbound flight, I was given my meal, the packaging was clearly marked Gluten Free Meal (GFML) but the salad filled roll on the second mouthful didn't taste like any Gluten Free bread I have had in the past, so I looked at the cellophane wrapper it came in, and to my it was 40% wheat, I am Celiac and even the slightest bit of any food containing Gluten, makes me very ill, two hours later I am violently sick and the two weeks away are spent on the toilet with diarrhea or in the bathroom being sick, not to mention severe stomach pain, and of course a dry mouth, feeling tired all of the time,. On my return I duly make a complaint, and TC response, "sorry for giving you a salad roll". No mention of Gluten, and no apology for making me ill.
RouteManchester to Holguin
Date FlownDecember 2018

"impressed with food selection"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Banjul. We have just returned from the Gambia and enjoyed a very good flight. I wanted to really say how impressed I was with James Martin's food selection, delicious, very hot and the right amount. Thank .
RouteGatwick to Banjul
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"10 hours of agony"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Las Vegas return. Horrendous return flight. Broken seat back on so called premium seat meant 10 hours of agony. Basically no control over recline meant it shot back on take off and went back and forth throughout the flight. It caused a massive row with the people behind and yet Thomas Cook say nothing was wrong after waiting 3 months for them to respond. Premium seats are really no better than economy anyway and food is barely any different from what you normally get. Premium entertainment still extremely limited when compared to middle eastern airlines. Long way to go to call this premium! System doesn't accept a zero rating hence it gets a 1!
RouteManchester to Las Vegas
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"The staff were brilliant"

Trip Verified | Fuerteventura to Manchester. Cannot praise the cabin staff enough! We upgraded to Economy Plus when we booked our holiday, well worth the extra as you get fast track, extra luggage allowance, plus food and drinks included the the price. Our Daughter and 2 year old Grandson joined us on our second week of our holiday, and as they didn’t book until a later date they were not seated with then rest of our family. We noticed that the seats in front of us were empty, we asked if our Daughter could move as she was on her own with a baby? The staff were brilliant, they helped her with her bags to be by the rest of us!
RouteFuerteventura to Manchester
Date FlownOctober 2018

"never fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Manchester. From the very start things did not go well, we had requested wheel chair assistance for my wife who has mobility restrictions, the assistance consisted of me pushing a wheel chair most of the way through the airport, the boarding was some what of a fiasco the gate agents spent more time idly chatting with each other and made several incorrect announcements resulting in a lot of confusion. In all fairness the aircraft cabin crew were very good with very good cabin service in flight. The arrival at Manchester UK was also problematic with no staff to push a wheel chair so again I pushed the chair. The return trip was worse the check in agent was surly and not very helpful he informed us that there had been an aircraft change and that the aircraft did not have an economy plus section we were handed a notice indicating that we would receive a refund for the fair difference and also $ 50 dollars each compensation ,as directed we submitted our request as indicated on the airport hand out as of January the 28th 2019 we have had no refund even thou Thomas Cooks airport hand out indicated we would receive it within 28 days we have E-mailed Thomas Cook with no meaning full reply so far, I will never fly with them again the whole experience was disappointing. I am not an infrequent flyer having traveled all over the world in my occupation for over 40 years.
RouteOrlando to Manchester
Date FlownNovember 2018

"aircraft used is unsuitable"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Hurghada. The aircraft used for this 5hr+ flight is in my opinion unsuitable. The seats don't recline and are quiet hard, no entertainment system or charging ports and its not like the lack of amenities are hugely reflected in the ticket price but the flight crew were very friendly and professional so not all bad.
RouteManchester to Hurghada

"flights were punctual"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Marrakech with Thomas Cook. Third sunshine holiday flight with this airline. As before the plane was pretty full with cramped seating and a crew dedicated to selling as much food and merchandise as possible. Both outbound and inward flights were punctual and the crews affable. We spent £49 each on extra legroom seats, money well spent when seeing how tight the standard seats are. Nonetheless, they got us there and back safely and on time, which is all that matters.
RouteManchester to Marrakech