Thomas Cook Airlines

"aircraft used is unsuitable"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Hurghada. The aircraft used for this 5hr+ flight is in my opinion unsuitable. The seats don't recline and are quiet hard, no entertainment system or charging ports and its not like the lack of amenities are hugely reflected in the ticket price but the flight crew were very friendly and professional so not all bad.
RouteManchester to Hurghada
Date FlownDecember 2018

"flights were punctual"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Marrakech with Thomas Cook. Third sunshine holiday flight with this airline. As before the plane was pretty full with cramped seating and a crew dedicated to selling as much food and merchandise as possible. Both outbound and inward flights were punctual and the crews affable. We spent £49 each on extra legroom seats, money well spent when seeing how tight the standard seats are. Nonetheless, they got us there and back safely and on time, which is all that matters.
RouteManchester to Marrakech
Date FlownDecember 2018

"told we would get a refund"

Trip Verified | Birmingham to Bourgas. Their Customer Services is very poor and they fail to fulfill what they preach. We were told we would get a refund on the None Service for Priority Boarding, this failed to arrive as they wanting permission by letter to put the funds into our account. Nobody else ever has done this, a delaying tactic by Thomas Cook. They are quick to get your money but not in return. Do not use this Airline unless you want the same.
RouteBirmingham to Bourgas
Date FlownAugust 2018

"Not flying with them again"

Trip Verified | I flew with them from Manchester to New York and back. On both occasions, we were told the aircraft had to be changed to another one without an entertainment system. The plane was older than the one advertised and with uncomfortable seats. It makes me think that maybe they only have this one plane in their fleet which they pretend to be their entire fleet. The outbound flight was delayed for over 3 hours. We were told at first it was due to the change of aircraft but then when I asked for compensation they blamed it on the weather. I was also charged a fee of £90 for overweight which is not mentioned anywhere on the flight. I even called them the day before and their customer service couldn't tell me how much it would be or if I'd be charged at all. Service on board was very unprofessional. The crew was very loud, especially on the night flight, it was impossible to sleep with the noise they were making by talking to each other and to passengers. They were also completely out of sync. The front of the plane was a mess with stuff spread all over the floor. I was on the first row of the plane and they kept bumping into me throughout the flight and throwing the curtains at me. Getting a glass of water during the flight seemed to be a huge trouble for them. The food was disgusting and portions were small. There was a single round of complimentary drinks on a 7-hour flight. Then the rest of the flight was Thomas Cook trying to sell us things. Not flying with them again.
RouteNew York JFK to Manchester
Date FlownNovember 2018

"lack of the knowledge"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Dalaman. I am settled in the UK or also known as ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain visa) in the UK. The bio-metric card shows an expiry date which is to update if any details change and also the photo will be needed to change just like driving license but the expiry date of the bio-metric car do not represent the end date of my settlement / Indefinite Leave to Remain as there is none. To get Turkish Visa I have always put 'Unlimited' UK Visa in their section as it is correct. If I put the expiry date of the BRP card as my expiry date of ILR that will be wrong. When we went to board the aircraft, the personnel misunderstood the meaning of the expiry date of my Bio-metric (BRP) card and took that as the expiry date of my Visa which is totally wrong. Staff denied my boarding as she thought I my Turkish visa is incorrect as I have put 'Unlimited' in the section of 'Additional V. Expiry Date'. She mentioned that I have put incorrect details in my Turkish Visa and therefore she can not allow me to travel. Her colleague mentioned, that if I am allowed to travel to Turkey there will be fines to pay and if I am ready to pay the fine and removed my name from the passenger list. I kept explaining that the expiry date is the expiry date of my BRP card not my ILR. They almost closed off the gate and denied me to board the aircraft. After explaining that I have travelled to Turkey before with the same information about visa given to receive Turkish Visa, one of the ladies went to speak to man who was dealing with another Thomas Cook flight. He came in and spoke to someone over the phone for few minutes I was allowed to board the aircraft when the cabin crew was about the shut the door. Isn’t this indicating the lack of the knowledge of your staff and how wrong they were?
RouteGatwick to Dalaman
Date FlownNovember 2018

" I thought this airline was great"

Not Verified | Manchester to Cancun. Having travelled with most of the big name airlines, I decided to fly Thomas Cook as it is the only direct option for this route. The staff were happy and friendly, the aircraft interior was minimal, but it was clean and spacious- it is no frills. We were given a complimentary bottle of water on boarding. The food in the flight was brilliant, we were served 2 meals and they were both great. It was simple food that was really tasty. You do have to pay extra for all drinks on board, however we were fully aware of this before hand, and everything was reasonably priced. The entertainment is £5 if you would like a full choice of films, but free for 5 of them. The screens are big and also touch screen- a charging port is also provided. Overall I would fly with them again, at the end of the day - you get what you pay for. I thought this airline was great!
RouteManchester to Cancun
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"a very pleasant flight"

Trip Verified | Manchester to New York JFK. Surprised at how good our flight was after reading some negative reviews. The A330 seemed quite roomy probably as it was in a 2-4-2 configuration; also liked that the toilets were downstairs (4 of them), also one at the back of the 'plane if anyone has difficulty with stairs. Although this was a full flight, service on board was excellent. The economy class IFE is a bit limited, however as the flight had a 90 minute delay, they opened up the premium entertainment for free in economy (normally cost £5.00), which was a nice touch. The food was pretty good also. The 3 course James Martin inspired lunch was excellent and a snack was also provided one hour prior to landing. Unlike many other low cost airlines, meals are included in the ticket price. Seat pitch was 31" and felt very comfortable. A pillow and a bottle of water is provided and on the overnight return flight, a blanket was also provided. All in all, this was a very pleasant flight and the 7.5 hour flight passed pretty quickly and pleasantly. I would definitely be happy to fly long-haul with Thomas Cook again.
RouteManchester to New York JFK
Date FlownOctober 2018

"happily fly with them again"

Not Verified | We booked to fly with Thomas Cook from Stansted to Skiathos in August and our flights were changed to an airline called Smartlynx a couple of months before, not a problem at all. On the day we boarded promptly and the crew were very friendly. The aircraft itself was nice, seats were comfy and the cabin was clean. Same good experience on the return flight although we had a slight delay and landed into Stansted about 40 minutes behind schedule but it’s nothing significant so no problems there. Crew again were very good and the aircraft was clean with the same comfortable seats. Thomas Cook were cheaper than most airlines on this route and would happily fly with them again.
AircraftA321-200
Route Stansted to Skiathos
Date FlownAugust 2018

"most uncomfortable seats"

Not Verified | Gatwick to Orlando. Never again! The worst airline I have ever been with. The most uncomfortable seats I have ever sat in on a flight. Everyone in my family had backache after 20 minutes and a numb bum, plastic armrests, and almost no padding. We paid nearly £800 per person and being expected to pay for drinks, is simply a disgrace. Never mind paying for decent films etc! My nephew was horribly sick and was told that there were no more sick bags available. He got given a carrier bag. I would like to say that the service made a difference, but, after being shoved aside by an oblivious steward, no! We have flown on many airlines over the years and Thomas Cook is by far the worst. Next time we'll go with any other company.
RouteGatwick to Orlando
Date FlownOctober 2018

"seats extremely uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Los Angeles. We flew premium outbound and economy inbound as no premium seats available. Premium ok for what we paid and tolerable for 11 hour flight. Economy seats extremely uncomfortable despite having exit seats. Don't recline, narrow and not tall enough for tall people. On both legs, food portions and type were inadequate for the length of the journey. We were hungry. Not enough drinks service. Lights are put out and you're encouraged to sleep. Only pro is cost in comparison to other airlines, direct flight and on time. Staff were fine.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy