Super Air Jet

"gets high praise from me"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta Soekarno-Hatta (CGK) to Yogyakarta (YIA). I was attracted by their advertisement, marketing themselves as a "millennial airline" offering a "millennial experience" - and sure enough, this new low-cost carrier spinoff of Lion Air has already impressed me right from the start. The ground staff handling transit passengers were very proactive and quick to assist me and my family so that we can transfer from terminal 2E to 1A without having to exit the terminal building. Boarding was conducted 20 minutes behind schedule - and when I stepped into the plane, the fear of this flight getting delayed was swept away by the very energetic, proactive, and friendly cabin crews. Never had I encountered a cabin crew so proactive in assisting me in opening the A/C vents until this "super crew" came. That attitude was maintained throughout the flight. We took off 1 hour behind schedule - which is not their fault, and soon after, I got the privilege to try their Wi-Fi-based in-flight entertainment. There were, sadly, no music selections, but they covered that up with never-seen-before contents such as podcasts, vlogs, e-magazines, etc. The seat, still retained from Indigo, was comfortable with slightly more extra legroom due to the slim design. The landing was, obviously, behind schedule, but overall, I do think that this new airline surpassed my expectations and they managed to step up their game, as a low-cost carrier. My only critique is that the flight attendants of this flight used an excessive amount of PA announcements - it could have been made more efficient. Super Air Jet gets high praise from me.
RouteJakarta to Yogyakarta