SunExpress

"They lost my red Samsonite luggage"

Trip Verified | Worst ground services and customer services ever. They lost my red Samsonite luggage weighting nearly 16.3 kg as my luggage was not delivered by Lufthansa airlines (operated by Sunexpress) after the LH9589 flight on January 15, 2022 from Ankara (ESB) to Frankfurt (FRA) at 7.05am (Ankara local time) to 8:50am (Frankfurt local time). When I landed in Houston by taking flight LH7601 (operated by United) on January 15, 2022 from FRA to IAH and landed in Houston, United said my luggage was never delivered to them at Frankfurt airport. United cannot find the baggage code Sunexpress provided to me in their system. My friend living in Germany is calling them and they are not answering the phone for at least an hour. And when they answer it, they are not very professional. How can you lost a luggage and cannot find it with the luggage code? Then why are you providing me a code if you cannot track and find and deliver it to me? I will sue you if you cannot find it. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!
RouteAnkara to Frankfurt
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"I would fly with this company again"

Trip Verified | We had no issues with this company, the staff were lovely upon check in both in Gatwick and Antalya and extremely friendly, the check in was quick and efficient, passengers wore masks correctly and even when a couple of people took them off during flight I heard the flight attendants asking them to put their masks back on and the flight attendants were very lovely too. There were no delays on our flights and we even arrived slightly earlier than we were meant to. I would fly with this company again. I contacted them via WhatsApp for customer service help probably on 5 separate occasions for 5 different queries and they replied to me immediately each time and were very helpful in resolving my issues! If your debating booking with sun express, just remember most times when someone has a bad experience, the first thing they do after is jump to write a bad review, but when someone has a good experience they just leave happy and don't write a review
RouteGatwick to Antalya
Date FlownOctober 2021

"I got kicked out of the plane"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | I had a plane ticket belonging to SunExpress going from Izmir to Antalya on September 5, 2021 at 22:00. The plane arrived 20 minutes late. I went through many security measures until I got to the plane. I got on the plane after going through the controls of the SunExpress company twice (in both check-in and ticket issuance). When I got on the plane, the flight attendant told me that my mask was made of cloth. The material of my mask was a surgical mask. I said that they resembled my mask because of its appearance and took my place. What kind of investigation did they make and decide that my mask is cloth? The cabin crew asked me to take off my mask and put on the mask they gave me. Since my mask is made of surgical mask material, I wanted to explain the situation, but they did not listen. Then a female pilot arrived and said if you don't wear the SunExpress's mask, I will call the police. I said that my mask is not cloth, its material is made of surgical mask. I agreed to wear the SunExpress mask so the plane wouldn't be delayed any longer. The female pilot said "You're late". When I reached for the mask 2-3 times and wanted to take it, she hid it behind it. She called the airport official and lied that I was without a mask and called 2 police officers. I got kicked out of the plane even though I was wearing a mask with my mouth and nose covered.
RouteIzmir to Antalya
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"super bad service"

Not Verified | My ticket was not accepted at the airport as there appears to be a problem with the system. So I was forced to buy another ticket for the same flight for three times the price. The staff is not helpful. I was only advised to "just" go back home even though my vacation had already been paid for. I wasn't given the customer service phone number. So I had to look up the phone number for customer service online. I was not helped there either. They wanted to get back to me in 2-3 days. After more than 2 weeks no one has answered. Called again today and apparently they can't help me with my request. Totally incompetent staff and super bad service. SunExpress likes to withdraw its customers without giving any reason. Never again! Mein Ticket wurde am Flughafen nicht akzeptiert, da anscheinend ein Problem im System vorliegt. Somit war ich gezwungen ein weiteres Ticket für den selben Flug zu kaufen! Und das zum dreifachen Preis. Das Personal ist überhaupt nicht hilfsbereit. Mir wurden nur geraten "einfach" wieder nachhause zu fahren obwohl mein Urlaub schon bezahlt wurde. Nicht mal die Telefonnummer des Kundenservice wurde mir gegeben. Somit musste ich die Telefonnummer des Kundenservice online raussuchen. Auch dort wurde mir nicht weitergeholfen. Die wollten sich in 2-3 Tagen wieder bei mir melden. Nach über 2 Wochen hat sich immer noch keiner gemeldet. Heute wieder angerufen und anscheinend können die mir beim meinem Anliegen nicht weiterhelfen! Total inkompetente Mitarbeiter und super schlechter Service. SunExpress zieht wohl gerne ohne Begründung seine Kunden ab. Nie wieder! -
RouteHamburg to Antalya
Date FlownJuly 2021

"very rude, abrupt and dismissive"

Not Verified | You are told to check in three hours before international flight. Counter wasn’t open. Went back 30 min later and 6 groups in front of me. Took 30 min to get to the desk. Then I was told I owed more money and they could issue ticket until paid. Told to go to service counter where I was told to pay for my breakfast of 10 euros. Which was a nasty sandwich. Back in line for another 30 min to get ticket. The boarding pass printer was broken, she just kept trying it over and over. No explanation. I had requested a wheel chair as I’m recuperating from a hip replacement. I was waved aside and told to stand over there. The agents were very rude, abrupt and dismissive. Another passenger who spoke Turkish tried to help and said she thought they were rude also.
RouteIzmir to Munich
Date FlownJuly 2021

"the best so far for the price I paid"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | As a news and documentary photographer, I have been a frequent flyer for the past 30 years. I did not expect a first-class service in Economy with SunExpress but I got served by the most empathetic, hardworking crew I have ever experienced. I was amazed how the crew handled the worried elderly when the aircraft got into turbulence. All in all the best so far for the price I paid en route to Izmir from Munich.
AircraftBoeing 737 - 800
RouteMunich to Izmir
Date FlownJuly 2021

"how can you sell reserved seat"

Trip Verified | Luton to Gaziantep . I reserved a seat and I paid for that. When i turned to check in they give my seat to someone else. I called the to customer service I didn’t get help at all. This is my first and last flight with them, just the shame how can you sell reserved seat.
RouteLuton to Gaziantep
Date FlownJuly 2020

"a very nice flight"

(Finland)

Not Verified | Helsinki to Izmir. It was a very nice flight, very nice staff, and the take off was very nice but the landing was little bit Hard. Flight time was 3h 15min it was Fast flight but the flight take off time and landing time was little bit late my flight take off 00:55 and landed 4:55
RouteHelsinki to Izmir
Date FlownJuly 2020

"trying to get refunded"

Trip Verified | Just made my 39th phone call attempt at trying to get refunded for cancelled flights. I cant even get speaking to someone. Keeping my money is obviously more important than keeping me as a customer.
RouteDublin to Izmir
Date FlownMay 2020

"refuse to refund full ticket amount"

Trip Verified | Shocking company, flights cancelled due to Covid19 and they refuse to refund full ticket amount. €477 out of €1030 refunded. Customer service is condescending, constantly pointing you to different places, promising different things. I travel very frequently and the worst airline I have ever encountered.
RouteMunich to Dalaman