SunExpress

"flight was uneventful"

Trip Verified | This Izmir to Milan flight was uneventful like the one from Frankfurt I took earlier. The 737-800 was older, thus was not as nice as the Max 8. Arrival was a bit chaotic, but I think it was more on the MXP airport.
RouteIzmir to Milan
Date FlownNovember 2022

"good variety of food available for purchase"

Trip Verified | SunExpress is one of a very few airlines that fly nonstop between Frankfurt and Izmir, so we did not have many choices. The 737 Max 8 was very new, and the seat was relatively comfortable with decent legroom. However, there was no personal IFE, but this is a low cost carrier. Though the airline did not serve complimentary meals, I was surprised about a good variety of food available for purchase. I think this can be a model for other low-cost carriers.
AircraftBoeing 737 Max 8
RouteFrankfurt to Izmir
Date FlownNovember 2022

"I recommend the flight with SunExpress"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | I booked return tickets to Antalya in Turkey! Direct flight. Reviews I read made me very worried! But in reality it was a nice plane trip, we flew on time, no service during the trip, but you can buy food and drinks. No entertainment either. Be sure to bring loaded music or movies or books with you for your trip. Got our luggage in good time, undamaged too. I recommend the flight with SunExpress. Capable captain, the landing was prefect with both flights!! Jag bokade tur och retur biljetter till Antalya i Turkiet! Direkt flyg. Recensioner jag läste gjorde mig mycket orolig! Men i verkligheten det var en fint flyg resa , vi flög i tid, ingen service genom resan, men man kan köpa mat och dryck! Ingen underhållning heller! Var bred att ha med dig laddade musik eller film eller bok för din resa! Fick vår Bagage i god tid, oskadde också! Jag rekommenderar flyget med SunExpress ! Duktig kapten landningen var prefekt med både flyg!!
RouteAntalya to Copenhagen
Date FlownOctober 2022

"service was absolutely brilliant"

Trip Verified | Having read the bad reviews of SunExpress, I was not looking forward to flying with them. I’m a very big person, both weight and height, so comfort is not something I get on a plane. The outbound flight was on TC-SOP. This plane was very old and hadn’t been refurbished. It was unbearably hot and the seats were very big, leaving very little leg room. Even my 5 foot 3 mother felt cramped so imagine how cramped I was at 6 foot 3. The flight back was on TC-SOB and this was way better. Plane was modern and had the newer seats. Legroom still wasn’t great for me but it never will be on cheap European airlines. I was on the back row both times which was great because I could recline my seat without anyone complaining, which made the return flight actually very comfortable. I’d recommend getting extra leg room if you are on the taller side (luckily I was travelling with children so I had more room). The service was absolutely brilliant. I contacted SunExpress twice on Twitter about some concerns i had. Both times they replied within half an hour (which is incredible compared to other airlines). The crew on both flights were brilliant too. Very professional and not massively cheesy like some other cheap airlines, but unfortunately some people misinterpret this as them being miserable. Overall, I’d definitely recommend this airline if you are considering flying with them. The only downside was the old plane on the outbound flight, but we were just really unlucky to get that plane.
RouteManchester to Izmir
Date FlownOctober 2022

"I am utterly disappointed"

Trip Verified | I am utterly disappointed in the SunExpress Airline. When we were about to pass the boarding, our seats were switched. Our plane was delayed for 3 Hours. Do not recommend using this airline.
RouteBerlin to Antalya
Date FlownOctober 2022

"luggage was lost in Munich Airport"

Trip Verified | We were some of the thousands of people whose luggage was lost in Munich Airport, ours for 7 days. When we went to file claim for items we needed to buy due to luggage delay, we were told we had to file with SunExpress as they were our last airline even though our luggage was not even scanned as coming off the Lufthansa plane in Munich. We submitted our list of purchases, receipts and other requested information and were told we would only be reimburse for 50% of the cost of items we bought and not be reimbursed for toiletries. There is no one higher up to talk to or complain to on this companies website or phone numbers.
RouteMinneapolis to Izmir via Chicago / Munich
Date FlownJuly 2022

"I wouldn’t recommend this company"

(Macedonia)

Not Verified | Flight from Skopje to Antalya was canceled, because of overbooking. When I try to reach the agents from the website they were offline. The agent from Whatsup, asked the same automatically questions and they changed on 15 minutes so you need to explain the situations again and again. When finally they give me online document to write about the situation, the airport from Skopje wasn’t on the list. There wasn’t official email, on WhatsUp you cannot call them. I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone!
RouteSkopje to Antalya
Date FlownMay 2022

"I should just try another card"

Not Verified | This airline is the absolute worst. They take additional payments on top of the ticket price for food and drinks. They require payment for selecting to a seat number. All of that would be fine if their website would actually accept fully functioning cards to pay with. I had tried to pay with 5 fully functioning visa and Mastercards and the website would not accept any of them. I tried contacting their customer service which took so many attempts over so many hours to get a hold of them, and they told me there is nothing they can do and I should just try another card. Please save yourself a headache and never fly with this airline
AircraftAirbus
RouteMunich to Ankara
Date FlownMay 2022

"Will never fly with them again"

Trip Verified | After travelling from Canada via Frankfurt to vacation in Turkey, my bag arrived damaged, which I did not notice right away. I first saw the crack in my bag a few days later when I was at my resort over 60 min away from the airport. I quickly checked online how to signal the damage and saw that I could fill out a form but needed a report from the airport. I honestly didn't think too much of it since this had happened to me in the past and didn't have any trouble receiving compensation even though the damage was only noticed after I had returned home. Upon my departure a week later I tried getting a damage report from Sun Express who sent be to another counter at arrivals. There, I had to deal with a rather aggressive person who refused to give me a report because they could supposedly only be filed upon arrival, as if people thoroughly inspect their bags when they arrive on vacation after an 18-hour trip! The counter clerk gave me a sheet with an email address to write to, and sent me back to the Sun Express desk, where I was ignored and told there was nothing they could do. I've been writing as told to the company that handles their luggage, but it's like be stuck in a circular logic. Can't make a claim without a damage report, couldn't get the damage report issued when I asked for it. Will never fly with them again.
RouteFrankfurt to Antalya
Date FlownApril 2022

"They lost my red Samsonite luggage"

Trip Verified | Worst ground services and customer services ever. They lost my red Samsonite luggage weighting nearly 16.3 kg as my luggage was not delivered by Lufthansa airlines (operated by Sunexpress) after the LH9589 flight on January 15, 2022 from Ankara (ESB) to Frankfurt (FRA) at 7.05am (Ankara local time) to 8:50am (Frankfurt local time). When I landed in Houston by taking flight LH7601 (operated by United) on January 15, 2022 from FRA to IAH and landed in Houston, United said my luggage was never delivered to them at Frankfurt airport. United cannot find the baggage code Sunexpress provided to me in their system. My friend living in Germany is calling them and they are not answering the phone for at least an hour. And when they answer it, they are not very professional. How can you lost a luggage and cannot find it with the luggage code? Then why are you providing me a code if you cannot track and find and deliver it to me? I will sue you if you cannot find it. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!
RouteAnkara to Frankfurt