SunExpress

"Cabin crew were good"

Trip Verified | Ankara to Munich. Boarding and flight was on time. Cabin crew were good. Take-off and landing was smooth. I did not try SunExpress in flight entertainment system. Food and beverage prices are normal for a plane. Plane was new and clean. Price/quality is good. I can fly with SunExpress again!
RouteAnkara to Munich
Date FlownJuly 2019

"one uncomfortable flight"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Ankara. Poor low-cost experience for the price of a full-board flag carrier. I chose SunExpress for the second time, only because they were providing the only direct flight opportunity from AMS to ESB. From now on, I will definitely prefer transfer flights with major airlines, as I did before, for this and any other route that SunExpress flies. Although I chose their highest package, including an extra seat pitch at the front row and pre-ordered meal, I cannot include this airline anywhere within my preference list. Even with all its paid extras, that was one uncomfortable flight. I was literally worn out after this flight. The seat next to me at the front row was empty and some other passenger from back row, who did not pay for this extra paid seat, was allowed to sit there. Good way to make people who paid for this row, feel like idiots. I will not fly with SunExpress again and definitely not recommend.
RouteAmsterdam to Ankara
Date FlownJune 2019

"price-quality ratio is nonsense"

Trip Verified | Ankara to Amsterdam. A cheap low-cost experience by all means, however the price tag was no different than full-board flag carriers - if not more expensive. No IFE, although paid for the extra legroom, seats are far away from being comfortable. No overhead bins for the first row, although they are the extra paid ones. There was an hour delay in boarding and pilots did not seem to care about closing the gap in flight time, so landed with an hour delay. Pre-bought meal was alright, no problems with the diligent and smiling cabin crew. It was not a disastrous experience, however price-quality ratio is nonsense.
RouteAnkara to Amsterdam
Date FlownJune 2019

"low-cost carrier experience"

Trip Verified | Rome to Frankfurt. It was a Lufthansa business class connecting flight, it was operated by SunExpress. Selected seat 2F. The only LH-related experience was the in-flight LH business meal. Other than that, the plane, crew, and cabin quality were that of a low-cost carrier. No overhead storage for rows 1 to 2 as they are reserved for crew equipment. One positive was that the crew turned back economy passengers from using the front / business lavatory. Beware when you book, as you may end up paying LH prices for a low-cost carrier experience. I would avoid SunExpress going forward.
RouteRome to Frankfurt
Date FlownMarch 2019

"I've seen worse"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Trabzon to Izmir. We've waited about 15 minutes after boarding was completed, I don't know why. The airport traffic was not very high. Cabin crew were good. Take-off and landing was smooth. I've tried SunExpress Wi-Fi service. There were some movies and music inside the portal but it required premium membership. Membership fee was like half of my flight ticket. Of course I didn't buy it. Food and beverage prices is normal for a plane. I've seen worse.
RouteTrabzon to Izmir
Date FlownMarch 2019

"It was a good experience"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Trabzon to İzmir with SunExpress. It was a good experience. Faster than expected in the air, slower than expected on the ground unfortunately. Baggage claim took a long time but to be honest, I don't know if it was the airport or airline's problem. There weren't any free services in the air. It was a 2 hour flight for me at night and I had a coffee. I'm sure I've had better coffee with that price but, come on, we are flying.
RouteTrabzon to İzmir
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"definitely use again"

Trip Verified | Izmir to Munich. First time user of SunExpress. Cheap ticket and i wasn't expecting anything dramatic but I was impressed by staff i dealt with. Smiling faces and eager to please. Good seat space and clean bright aircraft. Flights on time. Will definitely use again. Its a pity they don't fly from Ireland direct to Izmir. Better than Aer Lingus and 1/2 the price for a seat.
RouteIzmir to Munich
Date FlownNovember 2018

"the staff was very polite"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Leipzig to Heraklion. It was on time and the staff was very polite. They had gifts for little children(we made two routes and they had different gift each time). The price was not normal for the route (i don’t know how the prices will be in the summer).
RouteLeipzig to Heraklion
Date FlownMay 2018

"Low cost no frills airline"

Trip Verified | Flew Düsseldorf to Izmir. Make sure you breath in before you board this flight because there isn’t much room inside! Certainly a tight squeeze into the seats. Low cost no frills airline, gets you from A to B with the minimum of fuss. Staff friendly, no inflight entertainment other than opening and closing the window shutters. On board snacks and drinks available at cost (euros or Turkish lira). The airline website allows you to book certain seats with extra legroom (small additional fee) and I would advise that this is done. Other than being squashed it was a trouble free flight. And don’t forget to clap when the pilot lands. A good old Turkish tradition!
RouteDüsseldorf to Izmir
Date FlownApril 2018

"extremely friendly flight attendant"

Verified Review | Dusseldorf to Palma de Mallorca. We left bang on time on what we thought was Eurowings flight no EW9585 but it turned out to be a SunExpress flight. On boarding the plane the extremely friendly flight attendant took my 6 year old into the flight deck to meet the crew. A lovely lady who looked after all the passengers even asking if everything was OK at the airport. The second young lady was really nice talking to us a lot and we were even wished over the telecom a happy Easter (two weeks time). Seats were no problem as I am 6ft tall. Temperature was okay, unlike our outbound flight on Air Berlin. Every time I use Air Berlin we roast and I had to fan myself to keep cooler. I would definitely use SunExpress again if this is there service.
RouteDusseldorf to Palma de Mallorca