SunExpress

"trying to get refunded"

Trip Verified | Just made my 39th phone call attempt at trying to get refunded for cancelled flights. I cant even get speaking to someone. Keeping my money is obviously more important than keeping me as a customer.
RouteDublin to Izmir
Date FlownMay 2020

"refuse to refund full ticket amount"

Trip Verified | Shocking company, flights cancelled due to Covid19 and they refuse to refund full ticket amount. €477 out of €1030 refunded. Customer service is condescending, constantly pointing you to different places, promising different things. I travel very frequently and the worst airline I have ever encountered.
RouteMunich to Dalaman
Date FlownMay 2020

"refused to compensate us"

Trip Verified | Sunexpress cancelled our flight for May 2020, and refused to compensate us for the cancellation. Specifically, they offered us the same terms as if we had cancelled the flight, meaning that we were supposed to take a 70% loss on the price of a service we didn't receive.
RouteLuton to Antalya
Date FlownMay 2020

"returns only 30% of the cost"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | My flights were paid for on the route St. Petersburg to Izmir 05/04/2020 and back 06/28/2020. SunExpress requires a surcharge for changing flight dates of 210 euros. If the return of air tickets, then the company returns only 30% of the cost of air tickets.
RouteSt. Petersburg to Izmir
Date FlownMay 2020

"offered a voucher for flights"

Not Verified | Due to the coronavirus all flights were cancelled and we weren't able to travel. Contacted airline to request a refund. We were offered a voucher for flights in the future which are of no use to us. Told the airline this and they offered a refund which amounted to less than 50% of our original payment. I understand that there may be an administration fee but this is ridiculous.
RouteAntalya to Izmir
Date FlownApril 2020

"I recommend this carrier"

Trip Verified | Flew Izmir to Munich. Great flight. On time and free 30kg of luggage. Reserved our seats and food and beverages included in price. Plane was spotless and modern. Staff were excellent and very attentive. I recommend this carrier.
RouteIzmir to Munich
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"highly recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Izmir. Great flight with free 30kg hold luggage, seat selection and food and drink included in the very affordable flight. I highly recommend this airline. Flight was on time and very attentive staff. I wish they would fly from Ireland all year round.
RouteAmsterdam to Izmir
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"a delay of 3 hours"

Trip Verified | İzmir to Frankfurt. No compensation despite a delay of 3 hours. We had booked a baby basket because the sales person recommended it on the phone. We received a confirmation but saw it being given away in the plane. Don't want to fly with SunExpress again.
Routeİzmir to Frankfurt
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"I missed my connection flight"

Trip Verified | Munich to Antalya. Worst airline ever, the flight was delayed and I missed my connection flight. I was stuck at the airport and SunExpress Customer service told me to book a flight. I had to pay a lot of money to get back to Houston and the airlines said we are not responsible for that. I filed a claim and got a reply that it is not their responsibility!. They closed the case and I'm not able to communicate with them anymore. Save your time and money and fly with decent airlines. never ever fly with this airline.
RouteMunich to Antalya
Date FlownNovember 2019

"most traumatic experience"

Not Verified | Luton to Bodrum. The worst airline and most traumatic experience. When flying home we were denied boarding, due to a cabin crew member being ill. We were given this information after they filled the plane. They had actually over booked our flight by 40 people. They have not been easy to get hold of to complain about this situation. Numerous emails have been ignored. We were also told that we would gain compensation for the situation they put us in, but failed to mention that this does not apply if you are not flying with Europe. Do not use this airline - I would advise to pay a little more for a smoother ride and a less traumatic experience.
RouteLuton to Bodrum