SunExpress

"super bad service"

Not Verified | My ticket was not accepted at the airport as there appears to be a problem with the system. So I was forced to buy another ticket for the same flight for three times the price. The staff is not helpful. I was only advised to "just" go back home even though my vacation had already been paid for. I wasn't given the customer service phone number. So I had to look up the phone number for customer service online. I was not helped there either. They wanted to get back to me in 2-3 days. After more than 2 weeks no one has answered. Called again today and apparently they can't help me with my request. Totally incompetent staff and super bad service. SunExpress likes to withdraw its customers without giving any reason. Never again! Mein Ticket wurde am Flughafen nicht akzeptiert, da anscheinend ein Problem im System vorliegt. Somit war ich gezwungen ein weiteres Ticket für den selben Flug zu kaufen! Und das zum dreifachen Preis. Das Personal ist überhaupt nicht hilfsbereit. Mir wurden nur geraten "einfach" wieder nachhause zu fahren obwohl mein Urlaub schon bezahlt wurde. Nicht mal die Telefonnummer des Kundenservice wurde mir gegeben. Somit musste ich die Telefonnummer des Kundenservice online raussuchen. Auch dort wurde mir nicht weitergeholfen. Die wollten sich in 2-3 Tagen wieder bei mir melden. Nach über 2 Wochen hat sich immer noch keiner gemeldet. Heute wieder angerufen und anscheinend können die mir beim meinem Anliegen nicht weiterhelfen! Total inkompetente Mitarbeiter und super schlechter Service. SunExpress zieht wohl gerne ohne Begründung seine Kunden ab. Nie wieder! -
RouteHamburg to Antalya
Date FlownJuly 2021

"very rude, abrupt and dismissive"

Not Verified | You are told to check in three hours before international flight. Counter wasn’t open. Went back 30 min later and 6 groups in front of me. Took 30 min to get to the desk. Then I was told I owed more money and they could issue ticket until paid. Told to go to service counter where I was told to pay for my breakfast of 10 euros. Which was a nasty sandwich. Back in line for another 30 min to get ticket. The boarding pass printer was broken, she just kept trying it over and over. No explanation. I had requested a wheel chair as I’m recuperating from a hip replacement. I was waved aside and told to stand over there. The agents were very rude, abrupt and dismissive. Another passenger who spoke Turkish tried to help and said she thought they were rude also.
RouteIzmir to Munich
Date FlownJuly 2021

"the best so far for the price I paid"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | As a news and documentary photographer, I have been a frequent flyer for the past 30 years. I did not expect a first-class service in Economy with SunExpress but I got served by the most empathetic, hardworking crew I have ever experienced. I was amazed how the crew handled the worried elderly when the aircraft got into turbulence. All in all the best so far for the price I paid en route to Izmir from Munich.
AircraftBoeing 737 - 800
RouteMunich to Izmir
Date FlownJuly 2021

"how can you sell reserved seat"

Trip Verified | Luton to Gaziantep . I reserved a seat and I paid for that. When i turned to check in they give my seat to someone else. I called the to customer service I didn’t get help at all. This is my first and last flight with them, just the shame how can you sell reserved seat.
RouteLuton to Gaziantep
Date FlownJuly 2020

"a very nice flight"

(Finland)

Not Verified | Helsinki to Izmir. It was a very nice flight, very nice staff, and the take off was very nice but the landing was little bit Hard. Flight time was 3h 15min it was Fast flight but the flight take off time and landing time was little bit late my flight take off 00:55 and landed 4:55
RouteHelsinki to Izmir
Date FlownJuly 2020

"trying to get refunded"

Trip Verified | Just made my 39th phone call attempt at trying to get refunded for cancelled flights. I cant even get speaking to someone. Keeping my money is obviously more important than keeping me as a customer.
RouteDublin to Izmir
Date FlownMay 2020

"refuse to refund full ticket amount"

Trip Verified | Shocking company, flights cancelled due to Covid19 and they refuse to refund full ticket amount. €477 out of €1030 refunded. Customer service is condescending, constantly pointing you to different places, promising different things. I travel very frequently and the worst airline I have ever encountered.
RouteMunich to Dalaman
Date FlownMay 2020

"refused to compensate us"

Trip Verified | Sunexpress cancelled our flight for May 2020, and refused to compensate us for the cancellation. Specifically, they offered us the same terms as if we had cancelled the flight, meaning that we were supposed to take a 70% loss on the price of a service we didn't receive.
RouteLuton to Antalya
Date FlownMay 2020

"returns only 30% of the cost"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | My flights were paid for on the route St. Petersburg to Izmir 05/04/2020 and back 06/28/2020. SunExpress requires a surcharge for changing flight dates of 210 euros. If the return of air tickets, then the company returns only 30% of the cost of air tickets.
RouteSt. Petersburg to Izmir
Date FlownMay 2020

"offered a voucher for flights"

Not Verified | Due to the coronavirus all flights were cancelled and we weren't able to travel. Contacted airline to request a refund. We were offered a voucher for flights in the future which are of no use to us. Told the airline this and they offered a refund which amounted to less than 50% of our original payment. I understand that there may be an administration fee but this is ridiculous.
RouteAntalya to Izmir